The natural man cannot receive the gospel !

brightfame52

What a comparison......

Faith is not law. The law is not faith. Here you are combining faith and law.......

This is rudimentary theology.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come
Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Rom_4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:
The Gospel is to be obeyed Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

brightfame52

You confound law and gospel

After pointing out the inability of earning righteousness by law Paul points to obtaining righteousness through the gospel

Romans 3:19-28 (KJV)
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
The Gospel is to be obeyed !

T

TomFL

You ignored the point.

This is what you ignored

After pointing out the inability of earning righteousness by law Paul points to obtaining righteousness through the gospel

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

brightfame52

This is what you ignored

You still ignoring my points.

T

TomFL

You still ignoring my points.
No I objected to your points and you ignored the objection

brightfame52

When I take time to explain my views with scripture, you ignore it and go to something else.

T

TomFL

When I take time to explain my views with scripture, you ignore it and go to something else.
Your views are an error

Kampioen

" And how about the fact that they are blind when they are told to look?
You are still debunked.

Isaiah 42:18 (KJV) Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see. "

They were made alive. I have just told you.

So God tells them when they are blind, then they look, then God makes them alive?

Then good job. You have just proven libertarianism.

brightfame52

Your views are an error

You still dont get it. The natural man cannot receive the Gospel and spiritually understand it 1 Cor 2:14

T

TomFL

You still dont get it. The natural man cannot receive the Gospel and spiritually understand it 1 Cor 2:14
The gospel is not mentioned in that passage

13 reasons why men must be capable of understanding and believing scripture

first scripture shows men are regenerated made alive through faith

John 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

A dead man passed from death to life upon believing

John 5:25 ¶ “Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming, and is now here, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

The dead who hear live

John 5:40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

Dead men come to Christ to live

John 20:31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Dead man believes that he might have life

Acts 11:18 —ESV
“When they heard these things they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, “Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life.””

dead man repents to have life

John 3:36 —ESV
“Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”

dead man believes to receive life that is eternal

John 6:40 —ESV
“For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.””

again dead man believes to receive life that is eternal

John 6:47 —ESV
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.”

Second Men needed to be hardened so they could not believe

John 12:40 —KJV
“He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.”

third had men not hardened themselves they could have believed

Acts 28:27 —KJV
“For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.”

fourth Jesus spoke to men in parables to prevent their understanding

Matt. 13:10–14 —KJV
“And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:”

fifth Jesus found it necessary to his identity from men

Mark 7:36 (ESV)
36 And Jesus charged them to tell no one. But the more he charged them, the more zealously they proclaimed it.
Mark 8:30 (ESV)
30 And he strictly charged them to tell no one about him.
Mark 9:9 (ESV)
9 And as they were coming down the mountain, he charged them to tell no one what they had seen, until the Son of Man had risen from the dead.
Luke 5:14 (ESV)
14 And he charged him to tell no one, but “go and show yourself to the priest, and make an offering for your cleansing, as Moses commanded, for a proof to them.”

sixth if man was born unable to believe truth jesus would not have told them to be like little children

Luke 18:17 —KJV
“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.”

Seventh God's word says it is sufficient

John 20:31 (KJV 1900)

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

This clearly presupposes the gospel may be understood

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV 1900)

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

presupposes Holy scriptures may be understood

Isaiah 55:11 (KJV 1900)

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:

It shall not return unto me void,

But it shall accomplish that which I please,

And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God’s word prospers in whatever it is set out to do

Psalm 19:7 (KJV 1900)

7 ………………………The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Psalm 119:130 (KJV 1900)

130 The entrance of thy words giveth light;

It giveth understanding unto the simple.

Self explanitory

Romans 10:17 (KJV 1900)

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word of God brings faith. It must be understood to do so
Eight You cannot receive the spirit without faith

John 7:38–39 —ESV

“Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”

Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.”

Gal. 3:2 —ESV

“Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?”

Gal. 3:5 —ESV

“Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—”

Gal. 3:14 —ESV

“so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.”

Ninth the bible speaks of others believing through personal witness

John 1:7 —ESV

“He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him.”

John 17:20 —ESV

“¶ “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,”

2 Th. 1:10 —ESV

“when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed.”

John 4:39 ¶ Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me all that I ever did.”

Tenth Men are not born darkened but become that way

Rom. 1:21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Rom. 11:10 let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,

and bend their backs forever.”

Eph. 4:18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart.

eleventh It is not that men cannot know truth but that they suppress the truth

Rom. 1:18 —ESV

“¶ For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.”

2Th. 2:10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.

Twelve God enables faith through his word

John 6:65 —NIV11-GK

“He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.””

John 6:45 —NIV11-GK

“It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.”

Obviously it must be understood

Thirteen

The law is a school master if man was unable to respond to truth ther law would have no function

Galatians 3:24 (KJV 1900)

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified

You are in error