The nature of faith.

brightfame52

The uniqueness of the Faith that God gives His Elect Titus 1:1

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

It will submit only to the Truth, it relys solely on what Jesus Christ has done to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

It will not hear the voice of another Gospel Jn 10:4-5

And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

This is the Gift of Faith the Saviour allots to His Chosen 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

brightfame52

If we believe that Jesus Christ died for everyone, then thats not Faith in Christ. The Christ in scripture is the One who laid down His Life for His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Jesus Christ of scripture only died for His People Matt 1:21, a people the Father has chosen before the foundation of the world. Believing in a christ that died for everyone, and of course knowing everyone wont be saved, changes the whole dynamic of the Cross and Faith in His Blood.

newheart78

If we believe that Jesus Christ died for everyone, then thats not Faith in Christ. The Christ in scripture is the One who laid down His Life for His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Jesus Christ of scripture only died for His People Matt 1:21, a people the Father has chosen before the foundation of the world. Believing in a christ that died for everyone, and of course knowing everyone wont be saved, changes the whole dynamic of the Cross and Faith in His Blood.
Affirmative !

newheart78

If one is born again before they believe

You didnt answer the question:

Is a man born again [ saved] before he can believe, before he can have faith in Christ ? Or is he still unregenerate and in the flesh when he first believes and put trust in Christ ?

Yes, Faith / Believing is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth.

Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness faith.

So unless and until one has been Born of the Spirit in new birth, their own work of faith / believing
while still in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8; Is. 64:6.

brightfame52

Yes, Faith / Believing is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth.

Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness faith.

So unless and until one has been Born of the Spirit in new birth, their own work of faith / believing
while still in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8; Is. 64:6.
Amen Sister, Faith is the fruit of life !

TomFL

Amen Sister, Faith is the fruit of life !
Sorry you are both incorrect

You for Amening error

the other for posting it

One cannot get the Spirit unless one has faith

John 7:38-39 (ESV)
38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”
39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Galatians 3:14 (ESV)
14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

brightfame52

Sorry you are both incorrect

You for Amening error

the other for posting it

38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’”
39 Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.
Faith is the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

Carbon

Got to get the faith before ya get the spirit?

And how is getting faith achieved, by the idol free will?
Suddenly, a spiritually dead person chooses to express his free will to make himself believe?
This free will thing something you carry around with you until you decide to use it to your benefit?

And there are so many Arminians who believe one can loose there salvation. Must be because they freely choose to loose it.

free willers just don’t see that their savior isn’t Jesus, it’s that ol’ free will god.
It’s as if Jesus couldn’t accomplish what He came to do, “save all the Father has given Him” so He just turned it over to the god of free will to make it happen.

Consider God’s word in scripture, give Him the glory, stop trying to get some for yourself. Satan lied, you cannot be like God.....

Sethproton

That is one type of faith. There are a few in the Bible. here are some:
1. Faith to know God exists, this does not save
2. Entrusting yourself to Jesus. This saves
3. Special gift of faith which is a fruit of the Spirit, only Christians produce this faith by God's presence

TomFL

Can't have the fruit of the spirit without having the Spirit

and you can't have the Spirit without faith

Don't you ever heed scripture

Galatians 3:2 (ESV)
2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Galatians 3:5 (ESV)
5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

TomFL

Suddenly, a spiritually dead person chooses to express his free will to make himself believe?
This free will thing something you carry around with you until you decide to use it to your benefit?

And there are so many Arminians who believe one can loose there salvation. Must be because they freely choose to loose it.

free willers just don’t see that their savior isn’t Jesus, it’s that ol’ free will god.
It’s as if Jesus couldn’t accomplish what He came to do, “save all the Father has given Him” so He just turned it over to the god of free will to make it happen.

Consider God’s word in scripture, give Him the glory, stop trying to get some for yourself. Satan lied, you cannot be like God.....
Does scripture m

Does scripture mean anything to you

Galatians 3:2 (ESV)
2 Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith?

Galatians 3:5 (ESV)
5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

Its rather clear one must have faith before one can receive the Spirit

Theo1689

I cannot tell where this fits into your types of faith, but Romans 1 and Hebrews 11 both speak of the gift of knowing that God exists. This is faith, but it does not save,

You have been refuted on this many, many times, Seth.
You have no excuse.