The Nature of the Godhead according to the Bible

Aaron32

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about Greek or Hebrew, I’m not a theologian. I strongly believe that the scripture is not for any private interpretation. I believe that though faith, study, and prayer God can give us a general understanding to allow His Word to define Itself. This is the methodology I used. Because I am Mormon, and Mormons do not claim to have authority solely by scripture (“sola scriptura”), any non-Mormon standard of measurement would probably fail. I invite any “problematic texts” to be introduced for discussion.

A preliminary post on the meaning of term “god” may be useful prior to this thread: https://forums.carm.org/threads/how-does-the-law-and-jesus-define-‘god’.436/

The Conflict:
  • Mormons claim to believe the Bible
  • The Bible teaches there is only One God
The Question: How can Mormons claim to accept the Bible on these seemingly two contradictory claims?
The Objective: Prove that Mormon theology is located in the Bible

We worship God the Father...
He is the Father of our spirits. (Num. 16:22; 27:16; Mal. 2:10; Matt. 6:9; Eph. 4:6; Heb. 12:9)

… in the name of the Son
1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one
Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

…by the witness of the Holy Ghost
Acts 5:29–32 …[Jesus] hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him

How are they one?
As I describe the relationship between the Father and the Son, it is helpful to keep two principles always at the forefront to tie it all together:
1. God is unchanging (Mal. 3:6), He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8)
2. God the Father knows the end from the beginning, all things are present before Him. (Isa. 46:10)

Through the Son the Father’s will is accomplished, and the Father is glorified, and the Son is glorified by the Father. (John 17:4-5)
From the beginning, God the Father, has appointed His Son the heir of all things. (Heb 1:1-6; Col 1:15-19)
He is the Firstborn – Ps 89:27, Isa 41:4, Romans 8:9, Rev 3:14​
The First, and the Last – Rev 1:11, 22:13 (To be illustrated through the rest of this post)​
All things were given Him of the Father (John 5:19; 14:6-11, 17:2), and the Son was our perfect exemplar:
Though the Son has His own will, the Son has always submitted His will to the Father (John 6:38; Philippians 2:6–9)​
Though Jesus had power to turn stones into bread, the Son lived by the word of God (Matt 4:4)​
He has never sought his own glory (John 8:54)​
He was always been about his Father’s work (Luke 2:49)​
He was always in His Father’s name and never His own (John 5:43)​

…Remember, God is unchanging

God the Father is perfect, sin cannot dwell in his presence (Psalm 5:4; Romans 1:18)
Man is sinful (Psalms 14:2-3, 53:1-3; Romans 3:10)

If God the Father permitted sin He would cease to be God (Alma 42:25) <- the one scripture I couldn't find in the Bible, maybe someone could help me out

The only way back to the Father is through His Son, who is our advocate. (John 14:6-7; Isa. 59:16; Heb 7:25, 9:24; Romans 8:34; 1 Jn 2:1)
…who is also our great High Priest. (Heb 4:14)

…Remember, all things are present before God

Therefore, as the Son declared himself the Shepherd of the His followers in the New Testament (the Body of Christ), so also was He the Son of God of the Old Testament (the children of Israel).
The Great I AM. (Ex. 3:14; John 8:58)​
The Holy One of Israel (Isa. 41:14)​
The King of the whole earth: (Psalm 24:1; 47:2,7 , 2 Sam 7; Luke 1:32-33)​

He reveals the will of the Father by Divine Investiture (Isa.44:6; Luke 10:22, John 14:10)

Jesus is our Alpha and Omega by the various roles he plays in our salvation:

Our Creator –
He created the Heavens and the Earth (Gen 2;4; 2 Kings 19:15; Ps 33:6; Isa 44:24; John 1:3; Rev 4:11)​
The Lawgiver (Isa 33:22; James 4:12)
Our Provider -
The bread of Life (Ex. 16:4–5, 14–30, 35; Josh. 5:12; 1 Ne. 17:28)​
The rock of living water .(1 Cor. 10:4; John 4:9-14) and the stone that the builders rejected. (Ps. 118:22; Matt. 21:42; Luke 20:17 )​
Our Shepherd (Ps 23:1,80:1,95:7; Isa 40:11; Ezekiel 34:12; John 10:14, 16; Heb 13:20; 1 Pet 2:25, 5:4)​
Our Redeemer (Job 19:25., Isa. 41:14; Matt 1:21, 20:28, Luke 1:68, Rom. 3:24, 1 Cor. 15:3, too many scriptures too post on this)
Our Advocate (Heb 7:25, 9:24; 1 Jn 2:1)
Our Judge (Deut 32:36;Ps. 9:8, John 5:27; Acts 19:42, 17:31; Rom. 3:6, 14:10)

He is both the giver of the Law (Isa 33:22), and the one who forgives sins(Matt 9:6)
Truly, He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6)

God is known by the witness of the Holy Spirit sent by the Father in the name of His Son (John 15:26) which also carries the Divine Investiture. (Acts 5:3,4; Heb 10:10-17)

The Prophet

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about Greek or Hebrew, I’m not a theologian. I strongly believe that the scripture is not for any private interpretation. I believe that though faith, study, and prayer God can give us a general understanding to allow His Word to define Itself. This is the methodology I used. Because I am Mormon, and Mormons do not claim to have authority solely by scripture (“sola scriptura”), any non-Mormon standard of measurement would probably fail. I invite any “problematic texts” to be introduced for discussion.

A preliminary post on the meaning of term “god” may be useful prior to this thread: https://forums.carm.org/threads/how-does-the-law-and-jesus-define-‘god’.436/

The Conflict:
The Question: How can Mormons claim to accept the Bible on these seemingly two contradictory claims?

He is the Father of our spirits. (Num. 16:22; 27:16; Mal. 2:10; Matt. 6:9; Eph. 4:6; Heb. 12:9)

… in the name of the Son
1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one

Acts 5:29–32 …[Jesus] hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him

How are they one?
As I describe the relationship between the Father and the Son, it is helpful to keep two principles always at the forefront to tie it all together:
1. God is unchanging (Mal. 3:6), He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8)
2. God the Father knows the end from the beginning, all things are present before Him. (Isa. 46:10)

Through the Son the Father’s will is accomplished, and the Father is glorified, and the Son is glorified by the Father. (John 17:4-5)
From the beginning, God the Father, has appointed His Son the heir of all things. (Heb 1:1-6; Col 1:15-19)
He is the Firstborn – Ps 89:27, Isa 41:4, Romans 8:9, Rev 3:14​
The First, and the Last – Rev 1:11, 22:13 (To be illustrated through the rest of this post)​
All things were given Him of the Father (John 5:19; 14:6-11, 17:2), and the Son was our perfect exemplar:
Though the Son has His own will, the Son has always submitted His will to the Father (John 6:38; Philippians 2:6–9)​
Though Jesus had power to turn stones into bread, the Son lived by the word of God (Matt 4:4)​
He has never sought his own glory (John 8:54)​
He was always been about his Father’s work (Luke 2:49)​
He was always in His Father’s name and never His own (John 5:43)​

God the Father is perfect, sin cannot dwell in his presence (Psalm 5:4; Romans 1:18)
Man is sinful (Psalms 14:2-3, 53:1-3; Romans 3:10)

If God the Father permitted sin He would cease to be God (Alma 42:25) <- the one scripture I couldn't find in the Bible, maybe someone could help me out

The only way back to the Father is through His Son, who is our advocate. (John 14:6-7; Isa. 59:16; Heb 7:25, 9:24; Romans 8:34; 1 Jn 2:1)
…who is also our great High Priest. (Heb 4:14)

…Remember, all things are present before God

Therefore, as the Son declared himself the Shepherd of the His followers in the New Testament (the Body of Christ), so also was He the Son of God of the Old Testament (the children of Israel).
The Great I AM. (Ex. 3:14; John 8:58)​
The Holy One of Israel (Isa. 41:14)​
The King of the whole earth: (Psalm 24:1; 47:2,7 , 2 Sam 7; Luke 1:32-33)​

He reveals the will of the Father by Divine Investiture (Isa.44:6; Luke 10:22, John 14:10)

Jesus is our Alpha and Omega by the various roles he plays in our salvation:

Our Creator –
He created the Heavens and the Earth (Gen 2;4; 2 Kings 19:15; Ps 33:6; Isa 44:24; John 1:3; Rev 4:11)​
The Lawgiver (Isa 33:22; James 4:12)
Our Provider -
The bread of Life (Ex. 16:4–5, 14–30, 35; Josh. 5:12; 1 Ne. 17:28)​
The rock of living water .(1 Cor. 10:4; John 4:9-14) and the stone that the builders rejected. (Ps. 118:22; Matt. 21:42; Luke 20:17 )​
Our Shepherd (Ps 23:1,80:1,95:7; Isa 40:11; Ezekiel 34:12; John 10:14, 16; Heb 13:20; 1 Pet 2:25, 5:4)​
Our Redeemer (Job 19:25., Isa. 41:14; Matt 1:21, 20:28, Luke 1:68, Rom. 3:24, 1 Cor. 15:3, too many scriptures too post on this)
Our Advocate (Heb 7:25, 9:24; 1 Jn 2:1)
Our Judge (Deut 32:36;Ps. 9:8, John 5:27; Acts 19:42, 17:31; Rom. 3:6, 14:10)

He is both the giver of the Law (Isa 33:22), and the one who forgives sins(Matt 9:6)
Truly, He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6)

God is known by the witness of the Holy Spirit sent by the Father in the name of His Son (John 15:26) which also carries the Divine Investiture. (Acts 5:3,4; Heb 10:10-17)
Selections from Answers to Gospel Questions
Taken from the writings of Joseph Fielding Smith
Tenth President of Mormonism
A course Study for the Melchizedek Priesthood Quorums
1972-73

Lesson 6 page 39

It was Jesus who gave commandments to Adam after he was driven out of the Garden of Eden and who directed Enoch and Noah before the flood. It was Christ who named Abraham and made him that through his posterity all nations would be blessed. He, it was who called Moses to lead Isreal out of Egypt and who wrote with his fingers on the tables of stone. He had no body until he was born in Bethlehem.
If Christ could do these things as a spirit, the Holy Ghost can carry out the mind and will of the Father and the Son as a spirit. We are taught plainly that the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, are One God, that is one Godhead.

Theo1689

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about Greek or Hebrew, I’m not a theologian.

So if you are corrected on such topics, will you accept correction?
Even if it proves Mormonism false?

I strongly believe that the scripture is not for any private interpretation.

Glad you brought that up!
Let's talk about that! Mormons love quoting that verse, as an excuse for rejecting any non-Mormon's interpretation, since they claim, "You're not allowed to privately interpret that!"

But unfortunately for you, that is NOT what Peter was referring to. Peter was NOT saying, "You can't understand Scripture, you need the Prophet (or the Spirit) to tell you what it means. No, it was nota "warning", it was an ENCOURAGEMENT, a PRAISE of Scripture.

Peter was telling us that the prophecies we read in the Bible are NOT simply the private opinions of the prophets, they are the very words of God, the prophets were merely the conduits.

2 Pet. 1:19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, 20 knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

He is praising Scripture! "we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed".
He is ENCOURAGING us to read and believe Scripture, "you will do well to pay attention".

"knowing .... that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation".

Peter is saying that the Scripture we read is NOT merely the unreliable "opinions" of the prophets themselves, that it was "NOT ... produced by the will of man".

"Men spoke FROM GOD as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

When Isaiah gave us Isaiah (for instance), he didn't merely give his "opinions".
What Isaiah wrote was "from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit".

So Mormons have be MISINTERPRETING this passage (ironic, isn't it?) for decades, if not centuries.

Because I am Mormon, and Mormons do not claim to have authority solely by scripture (“sola scriptura”), any non-Mormon standard of measurement would probably fail.

So basically, any criticism against Mormonism has to be wrong.
Why? Because Aaron sez so.
How conVEEEEEEEEEEnient...

I invite any “problematic texts” to be introduced for discussion.

Um, I thought that's why you were writing these posts in the first place?
To address all the Biblical Scriptures which go against Mormonism in my "9 Points" post?

So how many times do we have to repeat the same "problematic texts"?
Once again, we see Mormons simply running away from passages they can't address.

Aaron32

Selections from Answers to Gospel Questions
Taken from the writings of Joseph Fielding Smith
Tenth President of Mormonism
A course Study for the Melchizedek Priesthood Quorums
1972-73

Lesson 6 page 39

It was Jesus who gave commandments to Adam after he was driven out of the Garden of Eden and who directed Enoch and Noah before the flood. It was Christ who named Abraham and made him that through his posterity all nations would be blessed. He, it was who called Moses to lead Isreal out of Egypt and who wrote with his fingers on the tables of stone. He had no body until he was born in Bethlehem.
If Christ could do these things as a spirit, the Holy Ghost can carry out the mind and will of the Father and the Son as a spirit. We are taught plainly that the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, are One God, that is one Godhead.
Ummm...ok.

Aaron32

Glad you brought that up!
Let's talk about that! Mormons love quoting that verse, as an excuse for rejecting any non-Mormon's interpretation, since they claim, "You're not allowed to privately interpret that!"

But unfortunately for you, that is NOT what Peter was referring to. Peter was NOT saying, "You can't understand Scripture, you need the Prophet (or the Spirit) to tell you what it means. No, it was nota "warning", it was an ENCOURAGEMENT, a PRAISE of Scripture.

Peter was telling us that the prophecies we read in the Bible are NOT simply the private opinions of the prophets, they are the very words of God, the prophets were merely the conduits.

2 Pet. 1:19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, 20 knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

He is praising Scripture! "we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed".
He is ENCOURAGING us to read and believe Scripture, "you will do well to pay attention".

"knowing .... that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation".

Ok. I don't see how that contrasts from what I'm saying, though.

Peter is saying that the Scripture we read is NOT merely the unreliable "opinions" of the prophets themselves, that it was "NOT ... produced by the will of man".

"Men spoke FROM GOD as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit."

When Isaiah gave us Isaiah (for instance), he didn't merely give his "opinions".
What Isaiah wrote was "from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit".
Sounds good so far.

So basically, any criticism against Mormonism has to be wrong.
Why? Because Aaron sez so.
How conVEEEEEEEEEEnient...
I'm simply pointing out Mormonism can't be measured to the standards of reformed Christianity.

Theo1689

The Conflict:

You are dodging the issue yet again.
The issue is not "how many gods do you WORSHIP?"
The issue is "How many gods EXIST?"

Mormonism says "many gods exist" ("plurality of gods", or "polytheism").
The Bible teaches that only ONE god exists.

First, let's see what Joseph Smith taught:

It is altogether correct in the translation. Now, you know that of late some malicious and corrupt men have sprung up and apostatized from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and they declare that the Prophet believes in a plurality of Gods, and, lo and behold! we have discovered a very great secret, they cry—"The Prophet says there are many Gods, and this proves that he has fallen."
[...]
I will preach on the plurality of Gods. I have selected this text for that express purpose. I wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I have preached on the subject of the Deity, it has been the plurality of Gods. It has been preached by the Elders for fifteen years.
I have always declared God to be a distinct personage, Jesus Christ a separate and distinct personage from God the Father, and that the Holy Ghost was a distinct personage and a Spirit: and these three constitute three distinct personages and three Gods. If this is in accordance with the New Testament, lo and behold! we have three Gods anyhow, and they are plural: and who can contradict it!

Well, as it turns out, GOD can (and has) "contradicted" it, and we have done so MANY times, and Mormons simply run away from all these passages:

Deut. 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he  is  God;  there is  none else besides him.

Deut. 4:39
 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is  none else.

Deut. 32:39   See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me:

2 Sam. 7:22
Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God besides thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

2 Sam. 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

1 Kings 8:60 That all the people of the earth may know that  the LORD  is  God,  and that  there is  none else.

1 Chr. 17:20 O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God besides thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

2 Chr. 15:3 Now for a long season Israel hath been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.

Isa. 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa. 44:6
 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and  besides me  there is  no God. 7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. 8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God besides me? yea, there is  no God;  I know not  any.

Is. 45:5
 I am the LORD, and there is none else,there is  no God besides me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Is. 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is  no God else besides me;  a just God and a Saviour; there is  none besides me.  22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I  am  God, and  there is  none else.

Isa. 46:9
 Remember the former things of old: for  I  am  God, and there is  none else;  I am God, and there is none like me,

Jer. 10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Mark 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

1Cor. 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that  there is none other God but one.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Aaron32

You are dodging the issue yet again.
The issue is not "how many gods do you WORSHIP?"
The issue is "How many gods EXIST?"

Mormonism says "many gods exist" ("plurality of gods", or "polytheism").
The Bible teaches that only ONE god exists.

First, let's see what Joseph Smith taught:

Well, as it turns out, GOD can (and has) "contradicted" it, and we have done so MANY times, and Mormons simply run away from all these passages:

Deut. 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he  is  God;  there is  none else besides him.

Deut. 4:39
 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is  none else.

Deut. 32:39   See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me:

2 Sam. 7:22
Wherefore thou art great, O LORD God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God besides thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

2 Sam. 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

1 Kings 8:60 That all the people of the earth may know that  the LORD  is  God,  and that  there is  none else.

1 Chr. 17:20 O LORD, there is none like thee, neither is there any God besides thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears.

2 Chr. 15:3 Now for a long season Israel hath been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.

Isa. 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isa. 44:6
 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and  besides me  there is  no God. 7 And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them. 8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God besides me? yea, there is  no God;  I know not  any.

Is. 45:5
 I am the LORD, and there is none else,there is  no God besides me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Is. 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is  no God else besides me;  a just God and a Saviour; there is  none besides me.  22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I  am  God, and  there is  none else.

Isa. 46:9
 Remember the former things of old: for  I  am  God, and there is  none else;  I am God, and there is none like me,

Jer. 10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

Joel 2:27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Mark 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

1Cor. 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that  there is none other God but one.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Wait up. You're addressing the wrong post. Please see: https://forums.carm.org/threads/how-does-the-law-and-jesus-define-‘god’.436/

The Prophet

The Prophet

The Conflict:

Many of Joseph Smith's teachings of ONE GOD are found in his pre-1836 publications

2 Nephi 31:

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

Alma 11:

44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but everything shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Mormon 7:

7 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.

The Testimony of Three Witnesses

And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.

Oliver Cowdery

David Whitmer

Martin Harris

1 Nephi 13: 41 And they must come according to the words which shall be established by the mouth of the Lamb; and the words of the Lamb shall be made known in the records of thy seed, as well as in the records of the twelve apostles of the Lamb; wherefore they both shall be established in one; for there is one God and one Shepherd over all the earth.

Doctrine and Covenants 20 :

28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one. Joseph Smith translation

Moses 1:6

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.

… in the name of the Son

The Prophet

Many of Joseph Smith's teachings of ONE GOD are found in his pre-1836 publications

2 Nephi 31:

21 And now, behold, my beloved brethren, this is the way; and there is none other way nor name given under heaven whereby man can be saved in the kingdom of God. And now, behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and the only and true doctrine of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, which is one God, without end. Amen.

Alma 11:

44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but everything shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Mormon 7:

7 And he hath brought to pass the redemption of the world, whereby he that is found guiltless before him at the judgment day hath it given unto him to dwell in the presence of God in his kingdom, to sing ceaseless praises with the choirs above, unto the Father, and unto the Son, and unto the Holy Ghost, which are one God, in a state of happiness which hath no end.

The Testimony of Three Witnesses

And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.

Oliver Cowdery

David Whitmer

Martin Harris

1 Nephi 13: 41 And they must come according to the words which shall be established by the mouth of the Lamb; and the words of the Lamb shall be made known in the records of thy seed, as well as in the records of the twelve apostles of the Lamb; wherefore they both shall be established in one; for there is one God and one Shepherd over all the earth.

Doctrine and Covenants 20 :

28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one. Joseph Smith translation

Moses 1:6

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.
Jesus is the Father of our Spirits

brotherofJared

This verse can be supported by the unchangeable God verses. If God changed in any way, he would cease to be God. Permitting sin would be a change which then fits into the Book of Mormon scripture.

Aaron32

This verse can be supported by the unchangeable God verses. If God changed in any way, he would cease to be God. Permitting sin would be a change which then fits into the Book of Mormon scripture.
I suppose that was a hidden gem I realized of “a plain and precious truth” in the BoM. There’s no verse in the Bible that links God judgment related to “justice” - only “righteously.”
On the flip side, it could also be the chink in my armor of why I’d be completely wrong and my whole paradigm falls apart.

Aaron32

Jesus is the Father of our Spirit
As stated in the OP, Jesus is our Creator, under the direction of His Father.
The term “Creator” having a caveat - It’s also interesting how the word “formed” was used in the scripture you cited, not “created.”

D&C 93:2 - “2 And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;”
“23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of truth;“
“29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.”

If your your boss asked you to create something new at your work, did you create it, or did your boss create it? In the eyes of the law, who owns it? You or your work. Thus Jesus can be our Creator, and the Father is still the Father of our spirit

The Prophet

As stated in the OP, Jesus is our Creator, under the direction of His Father.
The term “Creator” having a caveat - It’s also interesting how the word “formed” was used in the scripture you cited, not “created.”

D&C 93:2 - “2 And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;”
“23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of truth;“
“29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.”

If your your boss asked you to create something new at your work, did you create it, or did your boss create it? In the eyes of the law, who owns it? You or your work. Thus Jesus can be our Creator, and the Father is still the Father of our spirit
Does either verse say organized ? :)

Theo1689

There’s no verse in the Bible that links God judgment related to “justice” - only “righteously.”

Remember when you admitted that you don't know any Greek?
Well, you weren't kidding.

The Greek word for "just" is "δικαιος" ("dikaios"), eg. Matt. 1:19, 5:45, etc.)
The Greek word for "righteous" is "δικαιος" ("dikaios"), eg. Matt. 9:13, 13:17, etc.)

"just" and "righteous" are SYNONYMS, which is why both are used to translate the same Greek term!

Aaron32

Remember when you admitted that you don't know any Greek?
Well, you weren't kidding.

The Greek word for "just" is "δικαιος" ("dikaios"), eg. Matt. 1:19, 5:45, etc.)
The Greek word for "righteous" is "δικαιος" ("dikaios"), eg. Matt. 9:13, 13:17, etc.)

"just" and "righteous" are SYNONYMS, which is why both are used to translate the same Greek term!
You’re right! I wasn’t kidding! :)
This is a wonderful insight. Thank you!

Theo1689

You’re right! I wasn’t kidding! :)
This is a wonderful insight. Thank you!
What "insight"?

I knew that "righteous" and "just" were synonyms long before I learned Greek.
It's not like it's a secret (unlike the Mormon temple ceremonies...)