The New Covenant

The seventh day is the letter of the Sabbath, but how is that the Spirit of the Sabbath. Leviticus 23 shows all holy convocations, including the Sabbath day that point to JESUS as the substance. Unfortunately, you've made a day of the week an idol, and will never know the true Spirit of abiding in Jesus.
That's not all. They worship a jesus that was sin-capable, an idol. True Jesus taught the opposite in John 5:19. Idolators keep zero days holy!
The SDA sin-capable jesus NEVER made a new covenant, much less die or resurrect. They hope you don't notice them worshipping a false 1844-concocted christ due to being tricked into deviltry by EGWhite!

They do not rest from their wicked works.

And they have refused to abide in Jesus' words ever since the 1844 days. Right Michael?

SDA's do not want their posts deleted, but hurry to get others' posts deleted, sinning against Jesus' golden rule in Matt 7:12, sinning against His command to turn the other cheek, while failing to deny self (yet more sin!). All their sins deceive them thoroughly, see James 1:22! More sabbath-preening, negating, lawless sin on their account (see James 2:10 Sin Calculator App). They never seem to learn in their lawless, antichrist wickedness. The deceived SDA lawless keep zero days holy.

John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
Nowhere did Jesus teach that worshipping the idol concocted in 1844 was coming to Him. SDA's will go thirsty for all their many sins, sabbath frauds, and idolatry.

Pretty hard, maybe impossible, to give up SDA sin, isn't it?

SDA's do not want their posts deleted, but hurry to get others' posts deleted, sinning against Jesus' golden rule in Matt 7:12, sinning against His command to turn the other cheek, while failing to deny self (yet more sin!). All their sins deceive them thoroughly, see James 1:22! More sabbath-preening, negating, lawless sin on their account (see James 2:10 Sin Calculator App). They never seem to learn in their lawless, antichrist wickedness. The deceived SDA lawless keep zero days holy.

Prologue:
My intent was to ask this as an open ended question, as possible.

AV 1Jn 3:6-9 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In context to your quote are these words. Please define what sin is, in GOD's understanding spiritually ???

IOW, What is "the Son of God" going to "destroy the works of the devil" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Prologue:
God understands SDA's are yoked to the evil of worshipping an 1844-concocted false christ. This is sin and they are of the devil. Adventism is 100% sin.

Thanks for prologuing.

Not like the old covenant. Is it sin accrued to Adventists for not camping on this passage? Yes it is. All their sin negates their sabbath preening, James 2:10. What frauds.

I still love and respect Adventists for living up to the light they have, even though there is much more. I was raised SDA and they are the reason how I know so much. I had a great foundation to build upon. But then I left them when I learned about grace, but it was not the correct definition of grace. Then I learned about the Spirit but only the conviction that Cessationism was wrong and a doctrine of demons. Then 6 years later I was baptized in the Holy Spirit and my life and nature changed overnight and my understanding broadened and has been perfecting ever since for the last 44 years.

Were you ever in the SDA church? I remember long ago when I had years of anger against being "conned" into believing they only had "the Truth." But the Spirit has made me love every denomination. We must be unified, and love each other. You need to let that hate go so you can grow in love. You'll never make it to heaven with all that unforgiveness in your heart. Let it GO! We must be sinless and perfect to the level we have light, for without holiness no man shall see God.

I still love and respect Adventists for living up to the light they have, even though there is much more. I was raised SDA and they are the reason how I know so much. I had a great foundation to build upon. But then I left them when I learned about grace, but it was not the correct definition of grace. Then I learned about the Spirit but only the conviction that Cessationism was wrong and a doctrine of demons. Then 6 years later I was baptized in the Holy Spirit and my life and nature changed overnight and my understanding broadened and has been perfecting ever since for the last 44 years.

Were you ever in the SDA church? I remember long ago when I had years of anger against being "conned" into believing they only had "the Truth." But the Spirit has made me love every denomination. We must be unified, and love each other. You need to let that hate go so you can grow in love. You'll never make it to heaven with all that unforgiveness in your heart. Let it GO!
What light do they have?

Jesus says He is the light, but SDA's in their stubborn rebellion worship an 1844-concocted false christ, which is idolatry. I would not call that light! Every single one of them is a sabbath-pretenfing idolator, big time.

BTW, their stubborness and rebellion are accounted to them as witchcraft and idolatry, 1 Samuel 15:23. Not far from satan worshippers.

Hard to believe, but true.

What light do they have?

Jesus says He is the light, but SDA's in their stubborn rebellion worship an 1844-concocted false christ, which is idolatry. I would not call that light! Every single one of them is a sabbath-pretenfing idolator, big time.

BTW, their stubborness and rebellion are accounted to them as witchcraft and idolatry, 1 Samuel 15:23. Not far from satan worshippers.

Hard to believe, but true.

The light they have is believing in God's commandments, all ten of them, not realizing that they are obeying the commandments from the Old Covenant, not the New Covenant. The New Commandments are 1 John 3:23. You need to obey those yourself.

The light they have is believing in God's commandments, all ten of them, not realizing that they are obeying the commandments from the Old Covenant, not the New Covenant. The New Commandments are 1 John 3:23. You need to obey those yourself.

Hi CharismaticLady,

Did you know that there are supposedly 613 laws/statutes/commandments in the Old Testament? Did you know that in that same Old Testament that God said He would magnify the law and make it honorable (Isaiah 42:21)? Did you know that in the New Testament there are supposedly 1050 commands? I know the critics like to distill what they think Christians are required by God to do to the absolute nebulous minimum, but don't you find the dismissal of 1048 commands a bit presumptive?

What does Jesus say will happen to a Christian who doesn't forgive and how do you feel you can reject this imperative (Matthew 18:21-35)?

I pray this helps.

Hi CharismaticLady,

Did you know that there are supposedly 613 laws/statutes/commandments in the Old Testament? Did you know that in that same Old Testament that God said He would magnify the law and make it honorable (Isaiah 42:21)? Did you know that in the New Testament there are supposedly 1050 commands? I know the critics like to distill what they think Christians are required by God to do to the absolute nebulous minimum, but don't you find the dismissal of 1048 commands a bit presumptive?

What does Jesus say will happen to a Christian who doesn't forgive and how do you feel you can reject this imperative (Matthew 18:21-35)?

I pray this helps.

Unforgiveness is another form of hate. But it is of trespasses, not of willful sins of lawlessness. The sin nature that Jesus frees us from are of committing willful sins of lawlessness - sins unto death. The removal of that carnal nature makes us sinless of sins unto death. 1 John 3:4-5. But trespasses are about the fruit of the Spirit. We still need to keep growing and maturing in all the fruit of the Spirit. Continually forgiving others when they trespass against us causes those trespasses to be cleansed, continuing our sinlessness. I check myself every night before I go to sleep if there is anyone I need to forgive. Maturity in all fruit of the Spirit and completing the steps of 2 Peter 1:5-7 is to never stumble and to be perfect. 2 Peter 1:2-11. Anyone who thinks sinlessness and perfection is impossible is calling Jesus a liar, as it is His power and His Spirits work that accomplishes this in us. Before Jesus, all have sin and fall short of the glory of God.

Jesus' Spirit also gives us gifts of the Spirit that we cannot ignore. We are commanded to not prevent ourselves from speaking in tongues. You asked me about forgiveness, and I answered you, so I'll ask you about how often you speak in tongues.

Last edited:
Unforgiveness is another form of hate. But it is of trespasses, not of willful sins of lawlessness. The sin nature that Jesus frees us from are of committing willful sins of lawlessness - sins unto death. The removal of that carnal nature makes us sinless of sins unto death. 1 John 3:4-5. But trespasses are about the fruit of the Spirit. We still need to keep growing and maturing in all the fruit of the Spirit. Continually forgiving others when they trespass against us causes those trespasses to be cleansed, continuing our sinlessness. I check myself every night before I go to sleep if there is anyone I need to forgive. Maturity in all fruit of the Spirit and completing the steps of 2 Peter 1:5-7 is to never stumble and to be perfect. 2 Peter 1:2-11. Anyone who thinks sinlessness and perfection is impossible is calling Jesus a liar, as it is His power and His Spirits work that accomplishes this in us. Before Jesus, all have sin and fall short of the glory of God.

Jesus' Spirit also gives us gifts of the Spirit that we cannot ignore. We are commanded to not prevent ourselves from speaking in tongues. You asked me about forgiveness, and I answered you, so I'll ask you about how often you speak in tongues.

Hi CharismaticLady,

You did a nice little dance around the issues in my post. Forgiveness isn't an afterthought and it has a direct correlation to a Christian's salvational status. According to Matthew 18:21-35 if a Christian is not forgiving then God will un-forgive them. Regardless of whether "Unforgiveness is a form of hate," it is not covered in your 1 John reference below, thus it should be a non issue--but it's not.

I responded to your contention that 1 John 3:23 are the only things commands to which you are held.

1 John 3:23
And this is his command: to 1) believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and 2) to love one another as he commanded us.
So your distillation of the entire New Testament into the above two commands essentially dismisses all the commands for how to show love for God (i.e. not worshiping other gods; not having idols; not taking God's name in vain; not remembering God as your Creator) as well as the other 1044 other commands. Why are you dismissing all of these? Most critics on here will at least give a nod to these other commands. Strangely, the only command they're interested in forgetting is the one that God commands should be remembered. But these other critics try to get around this by claiming that the other nine commands are restated in the new covenant (which isn't quite true as the command not to take the Lord's name in vain is not restated).

Interestingly, I've seen other critics focus in on the Apostles direction for the Gentiles given in Acts 15:20, which says, "Instead we should write to them, telling them to 1) abstain from food polluted by idols, 2) from sexual immorality, 3) from the meat of strangled animals 4) and from blood." But according to your extreme focus you're cancelling out these four specific directives given to the Gentiles.

Please supply a biblical definition of sin for us. I know of three given in the New Testament.

I pray this helps.

]]
Hi CharismaticLady,

Interestingly, I've seen other critics focus in on the Apostles direction for the Gentiles given in Acts 15:20, which says, "Instead we should write to them, telling them to 1) abstain from food polluted by idols, 2) from sexual immorality, 3) from the meat of strangled animals 4) and from blood." But according to your extreme focus you're cancelling out these four specific directives given to the Gentiles.

Please supply a biblical definition of sin for us. I know of three given in the New Testament.

I pray this helps.
Malachi 4:1
For, behold, the day cometh,
that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud,
yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble:
and the day that cometh shall burn them up,
saith the Lord of hosts,
that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

Remember ye the law of Moses my servant,
which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,
with the statutes and judgments.

Actually;
with a careful reading of Acts 15:15
And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David,
which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles,
upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things

and the Prophesy of Isaiah, that James refers too
its obvious when he says;

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them,
which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

------because------
For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him,
being read in the synagogues every sabbath day

and they will not add to Moses

except

20 But that we write unto them, that they
abstain from pollutions of idols,
and from fornication,
and from things strangled,
and from blood

The Old and New Testament are quite clear that the Old Testament obligation for Jews to observe the Sabbath days ended with the death & Resurrection of Christ. Jesus Himself confirmed the Sabbath as to it's timing was a ceremonial law of lesser importance than circumcision.

The Sabbath was a sign between God and Israel.

Exodus 31, 13
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and YOU throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

The question of observing the ceremonial law was asked and answered long ago.

Acts 15,5
But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Ministry of Death =

"And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses." Numbers 15, 32

Galatians 4, 9

But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

The days, months, times and years are all identified in Leviticus 23.

That's about as clear as language can be - the "DISTINCATIVES" of Judaism were terminated by Christ when He fulfilled what no man could fulfil. In ancient times a person who won a battle would literally drag the corpse of the looser behind him, desecrating the corpse. This is what Jesus did to the Sabbath and other religious distinctives of Israel and that includes the Sabbath as to it's timing.

Icy wrote in his OP post# 1:

Let's look at another aspect of what verse 8 tells us. It records the LORD as stating who the new covenant is for. "I will make a new covenant with the people of ISRAEL and with the people of JUDAH." This new covenant is ONLY with Israel and Judah. Gentiles are not mentioned as part of this covenant.

Verse 9 says this covenant will be different from the one the LORD made with those He lead out of Egypt. Why? Again, "because they did not remain faithful to my covenant."

Verse 10
This verse echoes verse 8 in saying that the new covenant will be "with the people of Israel." No Gentiles mentioned here either. But then we come to an interesting point about this new covenant. The LORD says He is going to put His laws in the minds of His people and write them on their hearts. Consider again that the LORD is perfect and the laws He gave to the Israelites were likewise perfect. So why would you suppose that His perfect laws could get any more perfect than what they were to begin with? Why would the LORD need to compose a new set of laws to write on the hearts of His people?

The new covenant, I believe, is merely taking the faulty promises of the people out of the equation. It is no longer having laws written on stone tablets and having the people promise to keep them. Instead the LORD promises to write His laws on the fleshy tablets of human hearts. It is no longer "we will do." Now it is allowing the Spirit to live within us to do the law which He has written on our hearts. The law is internalized for those who truly love the LORD.

I must confess that all that sounds logical. Scripture doesn't override Jeremiah's prophecy and include gentiles in the equation. The big conundrum here is that Icy also tell us that we gentiles are also obligated to observe the Sabbath, eat only certain meat and pay tithe. Where in all of scripture does it obligate us to honor those laws? Afterall, those 613 laws were given to only one nation, Israel.

The old covenant was not about Israel's eternal salvation Ex 19: 5-6 and if the new covenant is like the old except that now it isn't on stones, but in the hearts of the Israelites, they still do not have the plan of salvation. Hmmm, maybe that really is not true, I believe they do. The Abrahamic covenant is an open-ended covenant that includes Israel. Abraham was a gentile, so gentiles are also included in God's promise. Then there is the open-ended covenant God made with Noah referred as the Noahide covenant. That covenant is a covenant for all mankind and neither of which suggests that we have to keep days, eat certain meats and tithe.

I am sure Icy will have answers to the conundrum and all we have to do is wait until he responds

I am sure Icy will have answers to the conundrum and all we have to do is wait until he responds
AV Ro 11:13-27 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them. 15 For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit [be] holy, the lump [is] also [holy]: and if the root [be] holy, so [are] the branches. 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, [take heed] lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in [his] goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. 24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be graffed into their own olive tree? 25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

I understand Icy, to make a point from here. But your ignorance of Paul's point about Gentiles being grafted in, a massive mis-use of scriptures by Paul.

So would you like to make a re-statement of your point of view, that includes Paul's understanding above, as Truth ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Michael post;
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Rev.11:1
And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood,
saying,
Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar,
and them that worship therein.
That's the 12 Tribes; specifically the Levites

---------------------------- BUT -------------------------

2 But the court which is without the temple leave out,
and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:
and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months

Michael;
you are :devilish: a Gentile :devilish:
that tramples down the Truth, trodden under your feet.
you; being a Gentile, are forbidden to enter the temple
much less at the Alter

Nehemiah ch.13
Now it came to pass, when they had heard the law,
that they separated from Israel all the mixed multitude.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

you cannot even get this correct

Matt.24:9
and ye shall be hated of all nations for
my name's sake

His Name Sake; Michael; The Name Sake of Christ

Clueless as to what Christ speaks of
are you not
???????

Last edited:
Hi Mike, since there is no promised land anymore for Israelites. Just how can gentiles coming to Christ be grafted into Israel? The Bible does not tell us we are grafted into Israel. Whoever came up with that misinformation is not thinking. Jesus is the trunk, Jesus give life and Jesus saves.

Why not address the meat of my post if you are able?

you are :devilish: a Gentile :devilish:
I was "a Gentile".

AV Ro 2:29 But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

If GOD is 'prais'ing me as a Jew, I can endure all your antisemitic comments, in your own words.

If GOD has "circumcision [is that] of the heart", "circumcision" my spiritual heart, Am I Jew "inwardly" ???

Do you believe Paul's words here ???

Am I being grafted into Israel's tree by GOD ???

Are you being grafted into Israel's tree by GOD ???

AV Mt 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

If you want to deny the Spiritual Truth from GOD's Messengers(both Paul and Jesus), that is on you !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Hi Mike, since there is no promised land anymore for Israelites.
AV Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
AV Isa 66:22-23 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

So you want to discount the new earth for Israel ???

Do you want to be in "the new earth", as your inheritance ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Prologue:
AV Ga 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught [it], but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Just how can gentiles coming to Christ be grafted into Israel?
Read Paul's reply again.

You expect me to have ANY different information on this, that you will believe ???

AV Lk 3:38 Which was [the son] of Enos, which was [the son] of Seth, which was [the son] of Adam, which was [the son] of God.

Are all "man" are from Adam and Eve ???

Are you a decedent "[the son] of God" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

The Bible does not tell us we are grafted into Israel.
AV Ro 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
AV Ro 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

I will assume, you understand the verses between these two verses.

Are you a Gentile outside of "Israel" or Gentile inside "Israel" then ???

Go ahead and deny Paul's role to Gentiles. So Paul, is NOT telling Truth to Gentiles then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Back