The New Covenant

Prologue:
AV Mt 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

"my holy day", "the will of my Father which is in heaven", is part of your life ???
Jesus is the trunk, Jesus give life and Jesus saves.
Is Jesus a Jew ??? Is Jesus a member of Israel ???

So is Gentiles 'graft'ed(Paul's word usage, not mine) in or not, into Jesus ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

If you want to deny the Spiritual Truth from GOD's Messengers(both Paul and Jesus), that is on you !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
NO Michael;
I Totality Deny YOUR Interpretation / Opinions
why is it any time any poster has a different view than
YOU MICHAEL the SDA
they are denying "the Spiritual Truth from GOD's Messengers(both Paul and Jesus),"
or - they are calling The Apostles, Christ or God a liar

you need to get over yourself, Michael
and your Holier than thou, know it all Attitude

not one poster on this forum, thinks God is a Liar,
Christ nor any Apostle was
"the accuser of the Brethren
is a voice of Satan"

so why do you accuse them of doing so ???????
and not one Poster here thinks the Apostles got it wrong

and just one ( 1 ) more example

Go ahead and deny Paul's role to Gentiles. So Paul, is NOT telling Truth to Gentiles then ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

anyone that disagrees with """"""" MICHAEL"""""""
is saying
:So Paul, is NOT telling Truth to Gentiles then ???

only YOU, have posted that the words of Christ was / were
"Just his (Christ) Opinion"
Really Michael; Really;

Oh, how blessed we are to have you to correct Christ

================================================

Michael says

Are you being grafted into Israel's tree by GOD ???
========================================

Nope; not a chance;
I was Free Born,
Born into the Family of God
My Mother is this Lady
Gal.4:26​
But Jerusalem which is above is free,
which is the mother of us all.
So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman,
but of the free.

NO Michael;
I Totality Deny YOUR Interpretation / Opinions
You have the right, within CARM rules, to express your opinion(s).

But your opinion(s), do need to past GOD's judgment of them, to be truth and not lies in GOD's Omniscience.

Yours in Christ, Michael

Condense your point to fewer words(with emphasis) for me to address "the meat of my post" PLEASE ???

Not Yours in Christ, Michael
What a hypocrite! Have you seen the irrelavant stuff in your own posts?

All hypocrisy means you are a sabbath breaker. Plus liars are not in christ and sabbath-frauds! Plus SDA disobey Jesus all the time!

SDA's do not want their posts censored, but hurry to get others' posts censored, thrill-sinning against Jesus' Golden Rule in Matt 7:12, stumbling CARM staff in SDA wickedness. Woe to SDA's! More sabbath negating, antichrist, lawless sin on their account, see James 1:22 and 2:10. They never seem to learn in their antichrist, sabbath-faking, nation-ruining wickedness.

So you are saying SDA's are deceived? They are disobeying not only OT law, but Jesus' NT command not to be deceived! Still no Light. Lots of sabbath-canceling sin, though!

When Paul says that the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Concerning the Sabbath, what is keeping it by the letter and what is by the Spirit?

SDA's keep the letter which is why the Old covenant ten commandments are the ministry of death. I keep it by the Spirit which is physically abiding in Jesus and He in me. 1 John 3:21-24

and Michael Babbles on and on again
What; Satan wants to have a Day to celebrate the Resurection
Really ???????
Michael,
it was on the Cross and the Resurrections (yes; both) where and when Christ got the Victory over Satan;
and now you want us to beleive Satan wants to "Memorialize" his defeat ????????????
W-o-W Michael, you are somptin else
What a silly serpent, must be a glutton for punishment.

The Lord knows how to deliver the justified, the godly out of temptations and to reserve the unjust, the ungodly under punishment for the day of judgment.

Let's take a look at the new covenant.

The promise of a new covenant is made in Jeremiah 31:31-34. Before the author of Hebrews quotes Jeremiah, he first details why there was a need for a new covenant in the first place (see vs 6-8):
Hebrews 8:6-13
6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. 8 But God found fault with the people and said:
“The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.
10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
11 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.
12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.In the above passage I've highlighted (and color coded) some of the aspects of this prophecy which are relevant to drawing a correct conclusion about the new covenant. Let's go through the prophecy one verse at a time.
Verse 6
The author notes that the new covenant is superior to the old one. Why does he tell us this? Because he says that this new covenant is "established on better promises."

Ok, stop. Now, ask yourself a couple things. Does the God of the Bible ever make anything less than perfect promises? Can a perfect God make anything less than a perfect promise?

Verse 7
This verse also notes the fact that there was something "wrong with that first covenant," such that there was a need to establish a new one.

Verse 8
After taking into account what verse 6 said about "better promises," it is pretty easy to understand what verse 8 is saying. It tells us where the imperfect promises came from: "God found fault with the people."

What do you suppose these faulty promises were?
Exodus 19:8
The people all responded together, “We will do everything the Lord has said.” So Moses brought their answer back to the Lord.
Exodus 24:3
When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice, “Everything the Lord has said we will do.”

You may be wondering, "Are the people's promises to obey really the faulty promises to which the author of Hebrews was speaking? Let's just bypass the rest of verse 8 for a moment and look at verse 9. The LORD says the people "did not remain faithful to my covenant." Basically, the LORD provided a perfect set of laws for His chosen people. The people responded together, saying, "We will do everything the LORD has said. And later, in Exodus 24, "Everything the LORD has said we will do." But they didn't do what they promised to do. Thus, God found fault with them.

Please note, the LORD did not find fault with His perfect laws which were the foundation of the agreement between Himself and the people. The text is clear: "God found fault with the people."

Let's look at another aspect of what verse 8 tells us. It records the LORD as stating who the new covenant is for. "I will make a new covenant with the people of ISRAEL and with the people of JUDAH." This new covenant is ONLY with Israel and Judah. Gentiles are not mentioned as part of this covenant.

Verse 9 says this covenant will be different from the one the LORD made with those He lead out of Egypt. Why? Again, "because they did not remain faithful to my covenant."

Verse 10
This verse echoes verse 8 in saying that the new covenant will be "with the people of Israel." No Gentiles mentioned here either. But then we come to an interesting point about this new covenant. The LORD says He is going to put His laws in the minds of His people and write them on their hearts. Consider again that the LORD is perfect and the laws He gave to the Israelites were likewise perfect. So why would you suppose that His perfect laws could get any more perfect than what they were to begin with? Why would the LORD need to compose a new set of laws to write on the hearts of His people?

The new covenant, I believe, is merely taking the faulty promises of the people out of the equation. It is no longer having laws written on stone tablets and having the people promise to keep them. Instead the LORD promises to write His laws on the fleshy tablets of human hearts. It is no longer "we will do." Now it is allowing the Spirit to live within us to do the law which He has written on our hearts. The law is internalized for those who truly love the LORD.

Romans 8:13
For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

I pray this helps.

But for the grace of God go I,cyspark
Bump

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.8.13&version=ESV

then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” 👉He does away with the first in order to establish the second👈.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.10.9&version=ESV

In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.8.13&version=ESV

then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” 👉He does away with the first in order to establish the second👈.https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Heb.10.9&version=ESV
That speaks of the Levitical Priesthood and all the Sacrifices it entailed
. was not speaking of the 10 commandments
the are sealed inside the Ark
forever to be there thruout eternity

Where exactly is the Ark? It hasn't been seen since the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple in 586 BC. And everything else pertaining to the Temple and its services was destroyed in 70 AD. The second temple was completed and dedicated in 516 BC and there was no Ark in the Most Holy Place. On the Day of Atonement, from 516 BC until 70 AD, the High Priest went into an empty room.

“The first Covenant” Is identified by the writer of the book of Hebrews as being “all the words of the Lord” and “all that the Lord hath spoken”.

That is found in Hebrews 9:18–20.

Hebrews 9:18–20 refers back to exodus 24:1–8 Where it says that:

👉And Moses wrote down all the words of the Lord. ...He rose early in the morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel. Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it in the hearing of the people. And they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient.”https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exod.24.4,Exod.24.7&version=ESV

So were the words of the Decalogue part of “all the words of the Lord” and part of “All that the Lord has spoken”?

The key word is Covenant, not Ceremonial.

Exodus 34:28 The "Covenant" was engraved on stone. Ring any bells? 2 Corinthians 3:6-11

Your attempt to isolate portions of Hebrews to make it say something in alignment with your false teachings is addressed in the opening post to which you just replied. Instead of lurking in the shadows and sniping at the truth why not step out into the light so that your motives can be properly ascertained? If you truly wish to embrace what the Bible says then engage with it fully, not with these half-hearted truncated quotes meant to mislead the uninitiated.

Last edited:
Your attempt to isolate portions of Hebrews to make it say something in alignment with your false teachings is addressed in the opening post to which you just replied. Instead of lurking in the shadows and sniping at the truth why not step out into the light so that your motives can be properly ascertained? If you truly wish to embrace what the Bible says then engage with it fully, not this half-hearted truncated quotes meant to mislead the uninitiated.
Hebrews 8:13 and 10:9 are in perfect harmony with every word written by the author of the book of Hebrews.

The Seventh-day Adventist apologists attempt to deny the truth of Hebrews 8:13 and 10:9 is a sad test Testimony to the falseness of the teachings and the gospel That they have supported through the false Ministry of their prophet.

Your attempt to isolate portions of Hebrews to make it say something in alignment with your false teachings is addressed in the opening post to which you just replied. Instead of lurking in the shadows and sniping at the truth why not step out into the light so that your motives can be properly ascertained? If you truly wish to embrace what the Bible says then engage with it fully, not this half-hearted truncated quotes meant to mislead the uninitiated.

“The first Covenant” Is identified by the writer of the book of Hebrews as being “all the words of the Lord” and “all that the Lord hath spoken”.

👉And Moses wrote down all the words of the Lord. ...He rose early in the morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel. Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it in the hearing of the people. And they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient.”https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exod.24.4,Exod.24.7&version=ESV

Check question for “Icy” and “Michael”

💥👉So were the words of the Decalogue part of “all the words of the Lord” and part of “All that the Lord has spoken” That were written in the book and spoken to the children of Jacob by Moses

“The first Covenant” Is identified by the writer of the book of Hebrews as being “all the words of the Lord” and “all that the Lord hath spoken”. [👈 Examples of half-hearted truncated quotes]

And Moses wrote down all the words of the Lord. ...He rose early in the morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel. Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it in the hearing of the people. And they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient.”https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exod.24.4,Exod.24.7&version=ESV

Check question for “Icy” and “Michael”

So were the words of the Decalogue part of “all the words of the Lord” and part of “All that the Lord has spoken” That were written in the book and spoken to the children of Jacob by Moses

You continue to illustrate your unwillingness to engage with the what is already in front of you by way of the opening post. Certainly you've read it as your fake quote “agreement from Sinai” and corresponding followup comment that, "I used the word 'agreement' since you insist that a covenant is an agreement. (I agree with that view)." So which is it? Is it the agreement that came to an end or what they agreed to (i.e. the law) that came to an end? You are illustrating that either you don't understand what you just affirmed, or that you are intentionally attempting to mislead the uninformed. Either way you are promoting a false teaching. "All the words of the Lord" were what God and the people AGREED/COVENANTED should be kept. The "words of the Lord" were not the agreement/covenant. You JUST signified your agreement/covenant with that!

God didn't find fault with His perfect law. With whom did He find fault?

Since I doubt you will answer my question--as evidenced by your constant avoidance in addressing what I've already written which reveal how your position is biblically errant--let me just post the answer below:

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first [AGREEMENT], no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said:
“The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my [AGREEMENT], and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.

That's abundantly clear that the problem was not with the law, but with the people. Why dispute that?

People need to be very concerned for an individual as they observe a false teaching being exposed and the individual continues to promote the same. That indicates that the individual is fully aware of the confusion they are promulgating and that their connection to the Vine has been severed (if they were ever connected).

You continue to illustrate your unwillingness to engage with the what is already in front of you by way of the opening post. Certainly you've read it as your fake quote “agreement from Sinai” and corresponding followup comment that, "I used the word 'agreement' since you insist that a covenant is an agreement. (I agree with that view)." So which is it? Is it the agreement that came to an end or what they agreed to (i.e. the law) that came to an end? You are illustrating that either you don't understand what you just affirmed, or that you are intentionally attempting to mislead the uninformed. Either way you are promoting a false teaching. "All the words of the Lord" were what God and the people AGREED/COVENANTED should be kept. The "words of the Lord" were not the agreement/covenant. You JUST signified your agreement/covenant with that!

God didn't find fault with His perfect law. With whom did He find fault?

Since I doubt you will answer my question--as evidenced by your constant avoidance in addressing what I've already written which reveal how your position is biblically errant--let me just post the answer below:

For if there had been nothing wrong with that first [AGREEMENT], no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said:
“The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my [AGREEMENT], and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.

That's abundantly clear that the problem was not with the law, but with the people. Why dispute that?

People need to be very concerned for an individual as they observe a false teaching being exposed and the individual continues to promote the same. That indicates that the individual is fully aware of the confusion they are promulgating and that their connection to the Vine has been severed (if they were ever connected).
Do you claim that certain quotes are truncated to the point of changing the meaning.

If you do make that claim, please provide the entire quote and explain the changes in meaning that result...

Back