The NT is not an add on

Get the quote correct, I said "your claim is to be all knowledgeable in matters of Catholic faith"

I make it my business to "know". We do and can reason in our faith.

JoeT
Still a false claim by you meaning the same thing.

You do not reason very well.

St. Paul, Romans 8:29; Luke 24:48-49

Romans 8:29--

Romans 8:29​

New International Version​

29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Nothing here whatsoever that once a Catholic, always a Catholic, that it leaves an "indelible" mark on the soul, even if one leaves the RCC.

Luke 24:48-49--

Luke 24:48-49​

New International Version​

48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

What on earth does this have to do with having the "indelible" mark of the RCC on one's soul, even after one leaves that church?
So your god is an Indian giver? He gives grace and takes it away?

Hardly. And why did you not capitalize "God"? To imply I worship a different God than the one in the Bible? But no, God does not give grace then take it away. But then, it is "by grace you are saved; through faith--and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God--and NOT by works, so no one may boast." Jesus Christ gives us grace, not your church. But alas, some people can reject their faith, for whatever reason, due maybe to weak faith and having hard things happen to them.
There can be no saving grace without His Mark. [Cf. Ephesians 2:8]

Ephesians 2:8--"For it is by grace you are saved; through faith--and this is not of yourselves; it is the gift of God..."

Where is any "mark" mentioned on here?

None of these verses mention an indelible "mark" left by being a Roman Catholic.

Catholics are really getting desperate on here.

None of these
1 Kings 21:8; Jer 32:10; Isa 29:11; 2 Timothy 2:19 - seal, an indelible mark

JoeT
None of these verses is about some invisible "indelible" mark made by the RCC upon someone's soul, so that he or she is always a Catholic even after leaving the RCC. Talk about getting desperate, trying to make a Procrustean bed out of the Bible, to try to force it to conform to aberrant Catholic beliefs, instead of the other way around!

Always refer to your opponent as a Protestant to imply
that Biblical Christianity began with the "Reformation."
Isn't that what Protestants really mean?
Always insist your opponent is a follower of Martin Luther,
or one of the other Reformers,
If it isn't Luther or one of the other so-called "Reformers", then where are you getting your ideas?

Isn't that what Protestants really mean?

No. Biblical Christianity began at Pentecost. Luther and a few others before him rediscovered the true Gospel in the Bible, which the CC had buried under a ton-of man-made doctrines for umpteen centuries. But by the grace of God, Luther found it, anyway. :)
If it isn't Luther or one of the other so-called "Reformers", then where are you getting your ideas?
The Bible.

EDITED

is about Jezebel misusing Ahab's seal. I mean the RC misuse the word of God.

Nothing here whatsoever that once a Catholic, always a Catholic, that it leaves an "indelible" mark on the soul, even if one leaves the RCC.

What on earth does this have to do with having the "indelible" mark of the RCC on one's soul, even after one leaves that church?

Hardly. And why did you not capitalize "God"? To imply I worship a different God than the one in the Bible? But no, God does not give grace then take it away. But then, it is "by grace you are saved; through faith--and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God--and NOT by works, so no one may boast." Jesus Christ gives us grace, not your church. But alas, some people can reject their faith, for whatever reason, due maybe to weak faith and having hard things happen to them.

Ephesians 2:8--"For it is by grace you are saved; through faith--and this is not of yourselves; it is the gift of God..."

None of these verses mention an indelible "mark" left by being a Roman Catholic.

And there is nothing in the bible about how to board airplanes. In one giant leap? Little small leaps?

Wow, I didn't know a grace was a gift? Did you know that a thing that is indelible when associated with mark means it can't God's promises will not be remove? Christ marks us as His own. Did you know that Christ isn't a person who gives something then takes it back or expects an equivalent in return."? Is your Lord and savoir such a person, gives grace then takes it back, sends you to hell because you're a child of wrath? But, is that why you can't board an airplane?

JoeT

Last edited by a moderator:
And there is nothing in the bible about how to board airplanes. In one giant leap? Little small leaps?

Wow, I didn't know a grace was a gift? Did you know that a thing that is indelible when associated with mark means it can't God's promises will not be remove? Christ marks us as His own. Did you know that Christ isn't a person who gives something then takes it back or expects an equivalent in return."? Is your Lord and savoir such a person, gives grace then takes it back, sends you to hell because you're a child of wrath? But, is that why you can't board an airplane?

JoeT
Guess what Jesus doesn't need a plane did you know that? Jesus doesn't do stupid RC seals because that is the seal of Satan, the founder of the RCC. According to the nuns Jesus could save you at baptism and then send you to hell. If you believe you are going to heaven that is the sin of presumption. If these so called LOL seals are so effective, why the need for confession, last rites, purgatory etc. By the way is this seal the reason RCC priests who harm children are still priests?

My post which you referenced said nothing about the John quote you put into it, so that is bearing false witness.

balshan said:
I don't know

John 1:17​

is about Jezebel misusing Ahab's seal. I mean the RC misuse the word of God.
you might want to look at post 122 again. i don't see a mention of John 1.17 in balshan's post. do I need my eyes checked, or do you?

Bonnie said:

JoeT said: - And there is nothing in the bible about how to board airplanes. In one giant leap? Little small leaps?
I don't see anything about airplanes or how to board airplanes in Bonnie's post. i don't think it's my eyes that need checked. can you post a verse that mentions airplanes?

Wow, I didn't know a grace was a gift? Did you know that a thing that is indelible when associated with mark means it can't God's promises will not be remove?
just more deflection because you can't post a verse about this rcc 'seal'.

Christ marks us as His own. Did you know that Christ isn't a person who gives something then takes it back or expects an equivalent in return."? Is your Lord and savoir such a person, gives grace then takes it back, sends you to hell because you're a child of wrath? But, is that why you can't board an airplane?
yes, He does in the rebirth. it has nothing to do with the rcc or what it teaches.

do you know that when one is born again God changes their heart, places them into His church, His body? it has nothing to do with the rcc and isn't by water baptism.

Airplanes didn't exist back then and have nothing to do with salvation and theology. You are getting desperate, Joe.
Wow, I didn't know a grace was a gift?

You didn't? Well, now you do...:rolleyes:
Did you know that a thing that is indelible when associated with mark means it can't God's promises will not be remove?

God never takes back His promises, though people can willfully reject them--but then, this has nothing to do with some supposed RCC "seal" on our souls.
Christ marks us as His own. Did you know that Christ isn't a person who gives something then takes it back or expects an equivalent in return."? Is your Lord and savoir such a person, gives grace then takes it back, sends you to hell because you're a child of wrath? But, is that why you can't board an airplane?
Jesus marks us as His own when we are made a new creation in Him. Which has nothing to do with some supposed CATHOLIC seal on our souls, OR with airplanes.

Last edited:
God never takes back His promises, though people can willfully reject them--but then, this has nothing to do with some supposed RCC "seal" on our souls.
Then if God never takes back that which was given then what we receive in Baptism we retain. If we retain a certain spiritual sign of grace wouldn't it be actually indelible? You can't remove it, nor can I.

Thus, as Session Seven of Trent says:

CANON IX.-If any one saith, that, in the three sacraments, Baptism, to wit, Confirmation, and Order, there is not imprinted in the soul a character, that is, a certain spiritual and indelible Sign, on account of which they cannot be repeated; let him be anathema.​

JoeT

Bonnie said:
God never takes back His promises, though people can willfully reject them--but then, this has nothing to do with some supposed RCC "seal" on our souls
JoeT - Then if God never takes back that which was given then what we receive in Baptism we retain.
so you've been wet since your water baptism and still are?

If we retain a certain spiritual sign of grace wouldn't it be actually indelible? You can't remove it, nor can I.
what spiritual sign? post the verses.

CANON IX.-If any one saith, that, in the three sacraments, Baptism, to wit, Confirmation, and Order, there is not imprinted in the soul a character, that is, a certain spiritual and indelible Sign, on account of which they cannot be repeated; let him be anathema.​
those are words of men, not words of God. that's all you have - words of men.

what indelible sign do the rcc men give you?

[

JoeT
Isaiah 66:5
Hear the word of the Lord,
ye that tremble at his word;
Your brethren that hated you,
that cast you out for my name's sake,
said, Let the Lord be glorified:
and think they do God a favor

but he shall appear to your joy,
and they shall be ashamed.

rev.3:9
Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan,
which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie;
Your brethren that hated you,
that cast you out for my name's sake,

behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet,
and to know that I have loved thee.

The Rc faith and belief in the sacrament ritual, in and of itself can not give you eternal life. And neither can getting wet every week. No matter how many times you go through the motions. Because God said the way to Him and eternal life, is by believing in His son alone. There is nothing in Scripture that even hints that the sacraments or water baptism gives us eternal life.

The bible repeatedly says the way to eternal life is by putting our faith and belief in Jesus. There is no other way.

John 6:29
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Acts 16:31
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

Romans 10:9
that if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Acts 10:43
All the prophets testify about Him that everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through His name."

Acts 13:39
Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses.

Acts 3:16
By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.

Romans 3:22
And this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

Then if God never takes back that which was given then what we receive in Baptism we retain. If we retain a certain spiritual sign of grace wouldn't it be actually indelible? You can't remove it, nor can I.

JoeT
oh more lies from Trent.

JoeT
An invisible, supposedly indelible mark on an immaterial soul which has no good effect on the recipient. OK.

I've got some imaginary sculptures for sale - one just sold for $18,000! Or if you like, I have some extremely fine royal robes, worn in public only one time!

I realize that having sold your soul to the RCC, you can do nothing but try to defend it. But remember, Jesus came to give sight to the blind, and set the captives free, "mark" or no "mark".

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

An invisible, supposedly indelible mark on an immaterial soul which has no good effect on the recipient. OK.

I've got some imaginary sculptures for sale - one just sold for $18,000! Or if you like, I have some extremely fine royal robes, worn in public only one time!

I realize that having sold your soul to the RCC, you can do nothing but try to defend it. But remember, Jesus came to give sight to the blind, and set the captives free, "mark" or no "mark".

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Yep you hit the nail on the head.

Then if God never takes back that which was given then what we receive in Baptism we retain.

Not trying to invoke Godwin's law, but Hitler was raised Catholic and most likely baptized as a baby....did he retain what he received in Baptism? OR prove by his actions that he rejected it?
If we retain a certain spiritual sign of grace wouldn't it be actually indelible? You can't remove it, nor can I.

What "certain spiritual sign of grace" would that be?

JoeT
Confirmation and orders are not sacraments. Baptism is. So, Trent is full of hoo-haw.

No. Biblical Christianity began at Pentecost. Luther and a few others before him rediscovered the true Gospel in the Bible, which the CC had buried under a ton-of man-made doctrines for umpteen centuries. But by the grace of God, Luther found it, anyway. :)

The Bible.
Please, you just didn't open up the Bible for the first time and magically come up with what Luther came up with and then ran off and became a Lutheran.

Back