The NT is not an add on

A difference of interpretation is what we have on this issue - and others.

The Rcc's interpretation is anything that will justify what the bible says NOT to do. The bible explicitly says to worship God only. But the Rcc doesn't like this. The Rcc, wants to follow the world's ancient traditions, of pagan idol worship; that God said was unacceptable to Him. The roman emporer's never fully extradited their pagan beliefs, but added a form of Christianity to all their other beliefs and practices.

To do this, they simply replaced the names of pagan gods and pagan goddesses, with names and words that would appeal to Christians during rome's empire.

Rc's disagree with nonRc's because simply putting faith and trust in Jesus, like the bible instructs us to do, requires that you give up mary, saint, angel and dead people worship as well as all the rituals that put your faith in anything but in what God has said we are to do.

The Rcc puts a lot of focus on good works, but even atheists who do not believe there is a living God, do good works, and are kind and loving to other people, and yet the bible says they will not get into heaven. Why, because our works count for nothing.

Eating flesh and blood is NOT what God said is the way to eternal life. This ritual says, "Jesus is here inside this wafer, and as I chew, becomes inside of me". Even the demon's know that much and shudder at the name of Jesus. Just knowing that "God exists and Jesus is here inside the wafer and wine" will not assure you of eternal life. If this was all we needed to have eternal life, then there would have been no need of Jesus to die on the cross.

Believing in the Eucharist ritual to save you, instead of what God has said is the way to be assured of eternal life. Makes what the apostles taught in their lifetime null and void. Rc's put a lot of faith in Peter, but they don't believe the message he preached, first to the Jews, then to the gentiles.

Rc's flat out don't believe what Peter preached. For on the day of pentecost, he preached faith in Jesus as the ONLY way to God and eternal life.

Please, you just didn't open up the Bible for the first time and magically come up with what Luther came up with and then ran off and became a Lutheran.
It is true, I didn't read the Bible until after I became a Lutheran when my folks joined my church when I was 8. But I did have my Egermeier's Bible story book I got for my birthday when I was little and read from cover to cover, and could plainly see in the NT part that it is faith in Jesus Christ that saves us. Long before I was catechized in my church at age 12-13.

But the Bible is very plain as to how we are saved to eternal life in heaven--and it isn't by belonging to the RCC, praying to Mary for help and salvation, or obeying the popes. We are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord and what He did for us on the cross.

The Rcc's interpretation is anything that will justify what the bible says NOT to do. The bible explicitly says to worship God only. But the Rcc doesn't like this. The Rcc, wants to follow the world's ancient traditions, of pagan idol worship; that God said was unacceptable to Him. The roman emporer's never fully extradited their pagan beliefs, but added a form of Christianity to all their other beliefs and practices.

To do this, they simply replaced the names of pagan gods and pagan goddesses, with names and words that would appeal to Christians during rome's empire.

Rc's disagree with nonRc's because simply putting faith and trust in Jesus, like the bible instructs us to do, requires that you give up mary, saint, angel and dead people worship as well as all the rituals that put your faith in anything but in what God has said we are to do.

The Rcc puts a lot of focus on good works, but even atheists who do not believe there is a living God, do good works, and are kind and loving to other people, and yet the bible says they will not get into heaven. Why, because our works count for nothing.

Eating flesh and blood is NOT what God said is the way to eternal life. This ritual says, "Jesus is here inside this wafer, and as I chew, becomes inside of me". Even the demon's know that much and shudder at the name of Jesus. Just knowing that "God exists and Jesus is here inside the wafer and wine" will not assure you of eternal life. If this was all we needed to have eternal life, then there would have been no need of Jesus to die on the cross.

Believing in the Eucharist ritual to save you, instead of what God has said is the way to be assured of eternal life. Makes what the apostles taught in their lifetime null and void. Rc's put a lot of faith in Peter, but they don't believe the message he preached, first to the Jews, then to the gentiles.

Rc's flat out don't believe what Peter preached. For on the day of pentecost, he preached faith in Jesus as the ONLY way to God and eternal life.
Where is it written that Catholics do not worship God in the CCC, dogma, or any other, papal encyclicals, bulls, etc.? And where is it written that in Scripture that honor is not due to the Saints and prelates? In short, where does Catholicism contradict the Bible in what she teaches.

JoeT

And where is it written that in Scripture that honor is not due to the Saints and prelates?

There is no Scripture anywhere that hints, or teaches us to pray TO saints or give them the honor that belongs to God alone. It wasn't done by the apostles and they didn't teach it. As a matter of fact they told people to NOT worship them, worship God only.

The bible explicitly says to worship God only.

Last edited:
Bonnie said:
No. Biblical Christianity began at Pentecost. Luther and a few others before him rediscovered the true Gospel in the Bible, which the CC had buried under a ton-of man-made doctrines for umpteen centuries. But by the grace of God, Luther found it, anyway. :)

The Bible.
Misfit said: - Please, you just didn't open up the Bible for the first time and magically come up with what Luther came up with and then ran off and became a Lutheran.
i don't read anything like that in Bonnie's post above. where'd you come up with that?

why not just read the words she actually did post? there's nothing difficult to understand in her post. does it upset you that Luther found God's truth while reading scripture instead of while hearing rcc teachings or reading a catholic document? or does it upset you that she's Lutheran? some Lutherans are believers.

There is no Scripture anywhere that hints, or teaches us to pray TO saints or give them the honor that belongs to God alone. It wasn't done by the apostles and they didn't teach it. As a matter of fact they told people to NOT worship them, worship God only.

The bible explicitly says to worship God only.
Whatever your perception is Catholics do not worship Saints. However, honor is due certain individuals which we recognize as due a certain honor. [Cf. Matthew 10:4; Romans 13:7; Hebrews 13:24; Philippians 4:8-9]

We know our prayers reach these Saints from Scripture. [Cf. Apocalypse 5:8]

JoeT

Whatever your perception is Catholics do not worship Saints. However, honor is due certain individuals which we recognize as due a certain honor. [Cf. Matthew 10:4; Romans 13:7; Hebrews 13:24; Philippians 4:8-9]

JoeT
that you pray to them is evidence you worship them and that you don't obey His word. Who does God's word tell us to pray to?

nothing in Rev tells us to pray to any human - dead or alive. that you think it does shows that you don't understand it.

JoeT

The bible speaks very heavily against any form of sorcery, divination, and necromancy. God calls such an abomination. The bible says, to practice such is forbidden, period. The bible as a whole teaches that not only is prayer a form of communication but also worship. Like it or not, prayer is a form of worship.

Since God abhors the attempts of a medium trying to contact the dead for any person. God does not want any of us in turn trying to contact, or communicate with the dead on our own. Trying to contact the dead through any kind of prayer effort on your own; you are in effect, attempting to try and communicate directly with the one you are praying to.

Once a person dies, he/she can not come back to us or even hear our pleas. Jesus spoke of this in Luke 16.

Luke 16:27-31
27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ 29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

The rich man wanted Lazarus who was a “saint” to go to the rich man's home on earth. This request was denied verbatim. No where in Scripture does it even hint that it is ok to pray to or even communicate with those who have died.

The Bible tells us that because of what Jesus has done for us on the cross, can now boldly approach the throne of God for prayer and intimate communication anytime we want. It is to Him, that we direct our prays and requests to. Since Jesus is our high priest forever; He is also our mediator, forever.

This is not spoken of anyone else. We are to worship and pray to God, only. And Jesus is God.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Back