The "one Lord" in reference to Jesus being YHWH (1 Corinthians 8:6)

Neither then does your opinion mean anything so no one should believe it.
I’m not claiming to be infallible so yes, my opinions along with yours and those men can most definitely be wrong. The only infallible words we have are found in scriptures which is why I don’t cite any books except the 66 books inspired by God.

So back to the verse at hand. You admitted the God mentioned in John 20:17 is not Jesus so clearly Jesus and the Father are not the same God. This confirms you are a polytheist.

You ignored John 20:28 again.
I’ve already given you my answer regarding John 20:28 and it doesn’t contradict John 20:17 nor what the rest of the Bible teaches, that there’s only one God, the Father.

You believe two different Gods are mentioned just 11 verses apart.

I’ve already given you my answer regarding John 20:28 and it doesn’t contradict John 20:17 nor what the rest of the Bible teaches, that there’s only one God, the Father.
You believe two different Gods are mentioned just 11 verses apart.

That was just your opinion.

Last edited:
All we have is opinions my friend unless you know someone who is inspired by God to explain every verse.
Then when I compare the quality of those cited in post 212 with yours it is not a difficult choice as to what to believe and what to reject.

Then when I compare the quality of those cited in post 212 with yours it is not a difficult choice as to what to believe and what to reject.
Right, because you rather believe lies that tickle your ears instead of what scriptures plainly teach. There’s only one true God, the Father just as Jesus himself taught but you make him a liar.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him (NASB)

Although sometimes referred to in order to demonstrate the Lord Jesus is not God, 1 Corinthians 8:6 does in fact teach the Lord Jesus is God (YHWH).
You seem to be saying Paul teaches that sometimes Jesus is not God and sometimes Jesus is God.
Immediately after Paul affirmed the "one Lord" in 1 Corinthians 8:6, the Greek word for 'consience' (syneidesis) is used several times in 1 Corinthians 8. Thus, Paul's use of both 'Lord' and 'conscience' is linked. This is very important because Paul returns to associating the 'Lord' with 'conscience' in 1 Corinthians 10.
1 Corinthians 8:6 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 8:7 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 8:10 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 8:12 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 10:21 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:22 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:25 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 10:26 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:27 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 10:28 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 10:29 'conscience' (syneidesis)
The 'Lord' in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is therefore the same 'Lord' (in reference to Jesus) in 1 Corinthians 10:21, 22, 26 where 'conscience' is employed in the same context several times. In fact, Paul specifically affirms wounding another believer's conscience involves sinning "against Christ" (1 Corinthians 8:12). Furthermore, the expression "things sacrificed to idols" (or something very similar; cf. Greek: eidōlothytos) in 1 Corinthians 8 is also used in 1 Corinthians 10 in connection with the 'Lord'.
1 Corinthians 8:1 'things sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 8:4 'things sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 8:6 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 8:7 'sacrificed to an idol' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 8:10 'things sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 10:19 'a thing sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 10:21 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:22 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:26 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:28 'sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)

Paul's usage of the "Lord" in 1 Corinthians 10:22 is drawn from Old Testament passages in reference to the worship of the Lord (YHWH) in contradistinction to the worship rendered unto idols ("provoke the Lord to jealousy").
Exodus 34:14-15 - YHWH's name is 'Jealous'/the eating of idolatrous sacrifice is involved.
Deuteronomy 4:24-25 - jealous/provoke
Deuteronomy 6:15 - this theme of jealousy is in relation to the one Lord (YHWH) of Deuteronomy 6:4.
1 Kings 14:22-23 - provoked/jealousy
Psalm 78:58 - provoked/jealousy

Instead of worshiping idols, the believer is to worship Jesus as being the 'Lord' (YHWH).
This has nothing to do with the issue of Jesus being God. Jesus cannot be God if his Father is God. That would make Jesus his own Father. or it makes you have more than one God...

Yo

You should be sorry because (1) I never claimed that Jesus is the Father, and (2) you ignored the fact that Paul applied YHWH from the Old Testament unto the Lord Jesus several times in chapter 10 concerning the worship He is to receive.
You did when you claimed that Jesus is YHWH. Paul did not apply YHWH to Jesus , you did.

The above reveals your folly. You assume God must only refer to the Father.
Paul certainly thinks so...
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

You seem to assume that believers have more than one God...
By applying OT passages about YHWH to the Lord Jesus in relation to worship Paul proves your assumption wrong.
You are not applying anything but nonsense, you are deliberately twisting the scripture to make Paul look as though he does not know what he is writing about. But Paul is very clear...But to us there is but one God, the Father

Paul certainly thinks so...
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all

That does not detract from the fact that Paul applied 'Lord' in reference to Jesus in meaning He is YHWH.

Back