The origin of the KJVO myth...

Beloved Daughter

You better hope it doesn't die out. Your work on earth will be done, then what?

Fact check. King James Onlyism is dead. The KJV is not. Learn how to tell the difference.

You just can't resist trying to cause strife, can you?

The cult has been sent to where it belongs, the pit

Reason, Logic, common sense, textual criticism, and honesty have prevailed. I still use my KJV every day, because I love it.

BTW, you have both been misusing the quote feature. I know both of your writing styles, but lurkers will not.

Last edited:

JDS

There are quite a few quasi/pseudo-Christian cults such as JW, LDS, & SDA to work against.
I don't advise you to deal with anyone where you must actually stand for the words of scripture. I am guessing you don't deal with them now for that very reason. You are in league on this very forum with a Christian cult and don't even know it. This is the same cult that has promoted the philosophy of spiritualizing words without context and producing a hundred new translations. Here is an example of a conversation that one might get on this board..

Who did our Lord die for?

KJV - Christ died for the ungodly.

Who are the ungodly

KJV - There is none righteous, no not one.

Philosophy of words have no meaning crowd - the elect are the ungodly

KJV - But Christ died for all

Philosophy of words have no meaning crowd - all the elect

I could give you a hundred examples just like this.

So, please do not tell me you are concerned about cults when your sympathies and energies are with one and you are as quiet as a little ole mouse.

JDS

You just don't wanna stick to the subject cuz you have no satisfactory reply to it, & your pride won't letcha admit you're wrong. The subject isn't about the number of translations; it's about the goofs in the KJV & the falsehood of the KJVO myth. You just can't respond to the goofs I pointed out without going against your own myth.
You have produced no evidence of anything. You rightly said you did not know what manuscript the KJV translators were looking at. I think you are being honest there. I also think you are being honest when you say the KJV were not translated from the same manuscripts as most of your bibles that you like better than the KJV came from. Where you are not honest is to claim that the KJV translators added words in Re 16:5 when the two things that you declare above are true. It would only be true if they were translating from the manuscripts that you like best.

Now, when you get some factual evidence come on back and let's talk awhile. Meanwhile. the KJV is the preservation of the scriptures whether you like it or not.

JDS

You just can't resist trying to cause strife, can you?

The cult has been sent to where it belongs, the pit

"Besides the fact that the KJVO myth is false because it has no Scriptural support, even in the KJV itself, it contains several outright LIES,"

This is quote from Roby

Here is a quote from you.

"Great post roby!"

I would consider that divisive language and I think I can find a quote from you where you accused me of being divisive. I have not said anything like that about you or Roby.

robycop3

You have produced no evidence of anything.
[/QUOTE]
I, & others, have PROVEN a few of the KJV's goofs, which PROVES the KJV is not perfect, & the part of the KJVO myth that says it is, is a lie.
You rightly said you did not know what manuscript the KJV translators were looking at. I think you are being honest there. I also think you are being honest when you say the KJV were not translated from the same manuscripts as most of your bibles that you like better than the KJV came from. Where you are not honest is to claim that the KJV translators added words in Re 16:5 when the two things that you declare above are true. It would only be true if they were translating from the manuscripts that you like best.
I asked you to prove me wrong by showing us any ancient manuscript ov the Revelation that has the Greek equivalent of "and shalt be" in Rev. 16:5. That's the ONLY way to prove me wrong. Evidently, you CANNOT produce such evidence, but you're too much in thrall to the KJVO myth to simply admit it, so you're trying to dodge & get off the subject. Well, it WON'T WORK ! We're gonna keep up reminding the readership of your failure to provide a direct answer to a direct challenge.
Now, when you get some factual evidence come on back and let's talk awhile. Meanwhile. the KJV is the preservation of the scriptures whether you like it or not.
I provided such evidence, & you've not provided anything to nolly one word of it. We have discussed the "Easter" goof into the ground, & it still remains a goof. I presented a goof in a modern version at your request. However, you are avoiding the addition of words in the KJV as if it were a dose of covid.

There's a whole internet containing almost all the known ancient New Testament mss, including those collected by Hoskier, & the Textus Receptus compiled from them. Now, if such a ms. as I've asked for is known to man, you should be able to find it online. I can't, but maybe you're a better 'net browser than I am, & you can. Until then, the words "and shalt be" in the KJV's Rev. 16:5 remain an ADDITION by the translators, in violation of God's command to not add to His word.

And yes, the KJV is an English-language preservation of the Scriptures, along with Wycliffe's 1384 translation, Tyndale's, Mathews, Cranmer's, "Great Bible", (named for its physical size), Geneva, Bishop's, RV of 1881, (Altho it's rather groddy) ASV, NASV, HCSV, & ESV, to name a few.(Note that I don't include paraphrases such as "The Message", Phillips, or "Living Bible".)

JDS

I, & others, have PROVEN a few of the KJV's goofs, which PROVES the KJV is not perfect, & the part of the KJVO myth that says it is, is a lie.

I asked you to prove me wrong by showing us any ancient manuscript ov the Revelation that has the Greek equivalent of "and shalt be" in Rev. 16:5.
[/QUOTE]

Your whole argument is based on faith and I am not trying to change the subject. You rightly said there are no known manuscripts. This is the kind of language you used. You are right to use it. What you are not right about is having to prove God. Everything about his kingdom is a faith issue. I believe the KJV is the word of God and you do not believe that. Neither of us can prove our position by external evidence. Your position on the word of God is that it is in the manuscripts. At least that is what I thought until yesterday when you said your manuscripts were even in error.

I know this. No one can be saved unless they believe the word of God because that is what the words in the KJV says. It might even say this in your bibles. I hope so.

I believe them. What about you?

Being born again, not by corruptible seed, but by incorruptible, by the word of God which liveth and abideth forever.

And yes, the incorruptible seed is a play on the physical seed that gives birth in the womb. God always illustrates his spiritual truths in the physical and when he sets a type, it is a type forever. The corruptible seed in this setting is the physical seed that brings about a physical birth. In the context, Peter is addressing a people who were born of Abraham and had enjoyed a previous relationship with God but not a relationship as children of God, the very issue that is being discussed here. The contrast is great and notable.

Ye must be born again. The word of God is the seed that must enter into the body through the ear or eye gate and the word produces faith and the Spirit is the life. The word, faith, the Spirit = Eternal life. Miss any one of those and you will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

Last edited:

robycop3

I asked you to prove me wrong by showing us any ancient manuscript ov the Revelation that has the Greek equivalent of "and shalt be" in Rev. 16:5.

Your whole argument is based on faith and I am not trying to change the subject.[/quote]
Oh, REALLY ? Then, why don'tcha either provide the aforementiones manuscript ot admit there is none ? I have faith there isn't any cuz I thoroughly searched myself several years ago.

You rightly said there are no known manuscripts. This is the kind of language you used. You are right to use it. What you are not right about is having to prove God.
MMRRPP ! WRONG !
Not "trying to prove God" at all. I PROVED another of the KJV's faults by PROVING it ADDED words.

Everything about his kingdom is a faith issue. I believe the KJV is the word of God and you do not believe that.
WRONG AGAIN !
I earlier said I believe the KJV is a version of God's word, along with several other versions. What I DON'T believe is that GOD IS LIMITED to just one English version. The proof is in several other accurate versions. OTOH, you can't prove your KJVO myth at all.

Neither of us can prove our position by external evidence. Your position on the word of God is that it is in the manuscripts. At least that is what I thought until yesterday when you said your manuscripts were even in error.
WRONG YET AGAIN !
YOU said that, by saying the omission of "yet" in the NIV's rendering of a verse was a ms error.

I know this. No one can be saved unless they believe the word of God because that is what the words in the KJV says. It might even say this in your bibles. I hope so.
It does. Unlike you, I'm not limited to one version, as GOD isn't, either.

I believe them. What about you?

Being born again, not by corruptible seed, but by incorruptible, by the word of God which liveth and abideth forever.

And yes, the incorruptible seed is a play on the physical seed that gives birth in the womb. God always illustrates his spiritual truths in the physical and when he sets a type, it is a type forever. The corruptible seed in this setting is the physical seed that brings about a physical birth. In the context, Peter is addressing a people who were born of Abraham and had enjoyed a previous relationship with God but not a relationship as children of God, the very issue that is being discussed here. The contrast is great and notable.

Ye must be born again. The word of God is the seed that must enter into the body through the ear or eye gate and the word produces faith and the Spirit is the life. The word, faith, the Spirit = Eternal life. Miss any one of those and you will spend eternity in the lake of fire.

And that's exactly why I witness from Bible versions in the language common to me & the audience-CURRENT ENGLISH. No one uses Elizabethan English any more except Shakespearean actors/actresses while rehearsing or performing.

Beloved Daughter

You just don't wanna stick to the subject cuz you have no satisfactory reply to it, & your pride won't letcha admit you're wrong. The subject isn't about the number of translations; it's about the goofs in the KJV & the falsehood of the KJVO myth. You just can't respond to the goofs I pointed out without going against your own myth.

Great post roby. Your conclusions are accurate, as always. ✝️

Beloved Daughter

"Besides the fact that the KJVO myth is false because it has no Scriptural support, even in the KJV itself, it contains several outright LIES,"

This is quote from Roby

Here is a quote from you.

"Great post roby!"

I would consider that divisive language and I think I can find a quote from you where you accused me of being divisive. I have not said anything like that about you or Roby.

I can separate between truth and fiction. I can also rightly divide the difference between motives. If you don't like it, report me.

Last edited:

robycop3

Some people either don't understand, or are being deliberately obtuse, as they cannot defend nor justify the KJVO myth, that our campaign is against the KJVO MYTH, not the KJV itself. However, one of the lies of the KJVO myth is that the KJV is perfect. Therefore we Freedom Readers point out the errors in the KJV to prove it's NOT perfect.

The KJVO myth was hatched by Satan, who suggested it to gullible unsaved men who put it on paper. It then began to infect some gullible Christians, causing strife & dissent within & between congregations, as well as casting doubt upon some good English translations of God's word, thus carrying out Satan's plan.

The KJVO doesn't like to admit he/she has been deceived by Satan, but that's a FACT they HAVE been thus deceived. Again & again I shall remind them the KJVO myth has no Scriptural support, even in the KJV itself, by the slightest implication. Thus, it CANNOT be true, as ONLY GOD makes true doctrines of faith/worship. A large number of "isms" followed by people today are false, as they're man-made.

The "foundation book" of the current edition of the KJVO myth is Our Authorized Bible Vindicated (1930) by 7TH DAY ADVENTIST official Dr. Ben Wilkinson. In all fairness to Dr. W, he wrote that book in response to a squabble within his cult, & when it was settled, he lost interest in that book. But it was seized upon by several subsequent authors, including J. J. Ray & Dr. D. O. Fuller, who WERE out to expand an old false doctrine into a new false one. From Dr. W's book came the false "Psalm 12:6-7 thingie" & the emphasis on "authorized", as if the work of a human king could actually affect God's word. A few of those authors saw a "cash cow" in publishing fake news about the LAST thing one should lie about-faith/worship !

If one PREFERS the KJV, fine-but to believe the KJVO myth, that the KJV is the ONLY valid English Bible translation out there, is to believe a LIE, and SPREADING that false doctrine is simply LYING ! And God has pronounced the fate of all deliberate liars !

JDS

I can separate between truth and fiction. I can also rightly divide the difference between motives. If you don't like it, report me.
No you can't separate between truth and fiction. You only think you can. It is part of the deception of this age. Satan has engineered two great movements for this age that blinds the minds of the simple. They are the Charismatic movement and Calvinism. They are like leaven in a loaf. They work to swell and corrupt. So your claim that people are being enlightened is just evidence that his plan is genius.

Here is some info for you and Roby. Roby, the cult killer, a legend, who is energized by one and don't even know it.

2 Timothy 3:13
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

The above is in the context of the last days of the church.

V 1 - This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

That is what the great apostle Paul, the apostle to the gentiles said, under inspiration of God, about the last days. It was not I who said it so do not get mad at me for quoting it. We are in a feminized age.

The power that is denied is the "gospel." The gospel is the doctrine of Christ, which includes who he is and what he has done for the world.

The church of Jesus Christ had a beginning and it has an end. These passages I quoted above are about the last days leading up to the end. Here is one about the beginning.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
I know you declare that you believe the bible and you quoted a bunch of translations that you say you believe, but do you believe the plain words here that Jesus Christ is the beginning of the church at his resurrection? Do you believe that Jesus Christ was actually born spiritually at his resurrection like that verse says and he is the first man in history to be born such a way and that we must be born that same way? I doubt that you believe the words of that verse literally.

13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

The Holy Ghost indwelling the body of Jesus Christ at the tomb is what quickened him and the Holy Ghost in the believing Jews at Pentecost and afterwards at the beginning of the formation of the church of Jesus Christ, and the inclusion of the gentiles who believed the gospel though the ministry of Peter 10 years later is what quickened them. The "us" in V 15 are Jews and the "them" are gentiles.

I know we are near the end of the church age when the door will be shut because the doctrines that are preached today and promoted are false doctrines. You would agree with me, I think, if you valued the "words" of scriptures.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

I would want to know what the fullness is and could it be that it is the time when gentiles will no longer believe the truth. This makes me wonder if I want to be in the crowd that is swelling in numbers like Mr. Roby seems to think his is doing, especially if the fullness of the gentiles is equivalent to the last days.

2 Tim 4:I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I am here to exalt our wonderful savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. His word, he says, will not return void. It will save some people but God is not a big tent God. He says only a few will humble themselves and come and be saved. How simple his invitation to come and be saved! Believe his words.

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen

Luke 18:8b
Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

120 new translations at the end of the church age has not helped. It has been a hindrance to the truth and purity of the word of God.

JDS

Some people either don't understand, or are being deliberately obtuse, as they cannot defend nor justify the KJVO myth, that our campaign is against the KJVO MYTH, not the KJV itself. However, one of the lies of the KJVO myth is that the KJV is perfect. Therefore we Freedom Readers point out the errors in the KJV to prove it's NOT perfect.

The KJVO myth was hatched by Satan, who suggested it to gullible unsaved men who put it on paper. It then began to infect some gullible Christians, causing strife & dissent within & between congregations, as well as casting doubt upon some good English translations of God's word, thus carrying out Satan's plan.

The KJVO doesn't like to admit he/she has been deceived by Satan, but that's a FACT they HAVE been thus deceived. Again & again I shall remind them the KJVO myth has no Scriptural support, even in the KJV itself, by the slightest implication. Thus, it CANNOT be true, as ONLY GOD makes true doctrines of faith/worship. A large number of "isms" followed by people today are false, as they're man-made.

The "foundation book" of the current edition of the KJVO myth is Our Authorized Bible Vindicated (1930) by 7TH DAY ADVENTIST official Dr. Ben Wilkinson. In all fairness to Dr. W, he wrote that book in response to a squabble within his cult, & when it was settled, he lost interest in that book. But it was seized upon by several subsequent authors, including J. J. Ray & Dr. D. O. Fuller, who WERE out to expand an old false doctrine into a new false one. From Dr. W's book came the false "Psalm 12:6-7 thingie" & the emphasis on "authorized", as if the work of a human king could actually affect God's word. A few of those authors saw a "cash cow" in publishing fake news about the LAST thing one should lie about-faith/worship !

If one PREFERS the KJV, fine-but to believe the KJVO myth, that the KJV is the ONLY valid English Bible translation out there, is to believe a LIE, and SPREADING that false doctrine is simply LYING ! And God has pronounced the fate of all deliberate liars !
God has never condemned anyone for believing his words and who believes that he tells the truth all the time. He has never condemned anyone for believing that he cannot lie. He has never condemned anyone who humbly bows the knee to our Lord Jesus Christ and comes to him through his name for salvation from sins. In the absence of a single word of instruction for the church of Jesus Christ to produce multitudes of versions of his words, and also to paraphrase him, at the close of the age, it is wiser to study his character and his ways to understand if this late breaking end of the age philosophy is congruent with how he has revealed himself over the last 6000 years.
The very fact that you cannot let this subject go and cannot speak of anything else tells me that you have a guilty conscience but you are too proud to admit the truth. There is something sinister about such passion. My opinion is that you are a false prophet and should be called out.

HEB 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

I do not know of any KJV only believer who teaches a KJVMust doctrine. Reading your commentary one could get the idea that you are teaching such a thing. My position is stated several times that sinners do not have to have a bible of any translation present to be saved. He does not need the original copies of the scriptures and he does not need the manuscripts. All he needs is a saved preacher who knows God and who is saved himself to tell him the good news of God's salvation through his Son, Jesus Christ. The only three things that must be present when a sinner is saved is 1) a preacher, 2) a preacher preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, the word of God, and 3) The Spirit of God.

The KJV bible is profitable for that person who is saved for the following things;

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Scripture will not help anyone else in these four areas, whether it is inspired of God or not.

Last edited:

robycop3

No you can't separate between truth and fiction. You only think you can. It is part of the deception of this age. Satan has engineered two great movements for this age that blinds the minds of the simple. They are the Charismatic movement and Calvinism. They are like leaven in a loaf. They work to swell and corrupt. So your claim that people are being enlightened is just evidence that his plan is genius.
[/QUOTE]
The charismatic is part of the cultic branches of the pentecostals, while calvinism is found mostly in "Reformed" churches, but has some followers in almost all protestant denoms. I agree that both are horse feathers, but you might add oneness, "word/faith/prosperity", & the KJVO myth to your list.
Here is some info for you and Roby. Roby, the cult killer, a legend, who is energized by one and don't even know it.

2 Timothy 3:13
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

The above is in the context of the last days of the church.
And your KJVO myth is part of the deception.
Care to tell me which cult you think I'm in ?
V 1 - This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

That is what the great apostle Paul, the apostle to the gentiles said, under inspiration of God, about the last days. It was not I who said it so do not get mad at me for quoting it. We are in a feminized age.
A good one is the LDS, whose founder & his chief assistant had harems. But men are just as guilty. More men than women believe the KJVO myth.
The power that is denied is the "gospel." The gospel is the doctrine of Christ, which includes who he is and what he has done for the world.

The church of Jesus Christ had a beginning and it has an end. These passages I quoted above are about the last days leading up to the end. Here is one about the beginning.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
I know you declare that you believe the bible and you quoted a bunch of translations that you say you believe, but do you believe the plain words here that Jesus Christ is the beginning of the church at his resurrection? Do you believe that Jesus Christ was actually born spiritually at his resurrection like that verse says and he is the first man in history to be born such a way and that we must be born that same way? I doubt that you believe the words of that verse literally.
Now you're getting away from trying to defend the KJVO myth, & are leaning on the edge of being like the more-stupid of the KJVOws who say one can't be saved without using the KJV.
13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

The Holy Ghost indwelling the body of Jesus Christ at the tomb is what quickened him and the Holy Ghost in the believing Jews at Pentecost and afterwards at the beginning of the formation of the church of Jesus Christ, and the inclusion of the gentiles who believed the gospel though the ministry of Peter 10 years later is what quickened them. The "us" in V 15 are Jews and the "them" are gentiles.
The Holy Spirit is not a ghost, which is the disembodied spirit of a dead person. And while here as a man, Jesus saved several gentiles. Guess some of the apostles had forgotten that.
I know we are near the end of the church age when the door will be shut because the doctrines that are preached today and promoted are false doctrines. You would agree with me, I think, if you valued the "words" of scriptures.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

I would want to know what the fullness is and could it be that it is the time when gentiles will no longer believe the truth. This makes me wonder if I want to be in the crowd that is swelling in numbers like Mr. Roby seems to think his is doing, especially if the fullness of the gentiles is equivalent to the last days.
The fullness of the gentiles is the number of however many gentiles God has determined will be saved. Then, He's gonna make Himself fully known to all the Israelis, not just the Jews. But I believe there'll be gentiles among the trib saints also, so that fullness won't likely be over til shortly before Jesus' return.
2 Tim 4:I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I am here to exalt our wonderful savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. His word, he says, will not return void. It will save some people but God is not a big tent God. He says only a few will humble themselves and come and be saved. How simple his invitation to come and be saved! Believe his words.

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen

Luke 18:8b
Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
The falling away is going on right in fronta us, what with the acceptance of LBGTQ & hetero promiscuity & fornication, & such garbage as the movements you mentioned at the toppa this post, & the attax on God's word, such as the KJVO myth. But the "man of sin" hasn't yet come, nor have the Jews built a new temple in Jerusalem yet. I have idiots tell me every day that temple won't be built, but GOD indicates otherwise. Jesus said to watch for the abomination of desolation, & it didn't occur in the old temple.

And whatever one does, he should NOT allow a microchip implant in the flesh except for strictly medical purposes, such as a blood sugar monitor or a pacemaker activator. I believe the marka the beast will be some sorta microchip, despite the denials of El Stupido.
120 new translations at the end of the church age has not helped. It has been a hindrance to the truth and purity of the word of God.
[/QUOTE]
Wrong. The accurate translations among them gives one a much-broader overview of Scripture than confining oneself to one version, especially an old, outdated one, & one set of translators.

robycop3

God has never condemned anyone for believing his words and who believes that he tells the truth all the time. He has never condemned anyone for believing that he cannot lie. He has never condemned anyone who humbly bows the knee to our Lord Jesus Christ and comes to him through his name for salvation from sins. In the absence of a single word of instruction for the church of Jesus Christ to produce multitudes of versions of his words, and also to paraphrase him, at the close of the age, it is wiser to study his character and his ways to understand if this late breaking end of the age philosophy is congruent with how he has revealed himself over the last 6000 years.
The very fact that you cannot let this subject go and cannot speak of anything else tells me that you have a guilty conscience but you are too proud to admit the truth. There is something sinister about such passion. My opinion is that you are a false prophet and should be called out.
Your KJVO myth has really warped your mind. I am not a prophet & never claimed to be.
You're in thrall to a false doctrine invented by Satan & popularized by some dishonest authors who legally, but dishonestly, plagiarized a CULT OFFICIAL'S book. that false doctrine is NOT found in Scripture by the first quark of the slightest implication, but YOU BELIEVE IT ANYWAY.
Your pet version is outdated & not in the everyday language of anyone any more. It was made for the British of 400 years ago, just as the Model T was made for the Americans of 110 years ago. And, just as the Model T was replaced by autos made for TODAY'S roads, the KJV has been supplanted by English Bible translations in TODAY'S English, with over 5K mss & parts of mss. available, as compared to the 20 used by the AV makers.
HEB 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

I do not know of any KJV only believer who teaches a KJVMust doctrine. Reading your commentary one could get the idea that you are teaching such a thing. My position is stated several times that sinners do not have to have a bible of any translation present to be saved. He does not need the original copies of the scriptures and he does not need the manuscripts. All he needs is a saved preacher who knows God and who is saved himself to tell him the good news of God's salvation through his Son, Jesus Christ. The only three things that must be present when a sinner is saved is 1) a preacher, 2) a preacher preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, the word of God, and 3) The Spirit of God.
Some people haven't attended a genuine church, nor heard a genuine preacher on radio or TV, & a Bible is the only source of God's word they have for them to "hear" His word & know of Jesus, so they seek to learn to know how to be saved.
The KJV bible is profitable for that person who is saved for the following things;

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Scripture will not help anyone else in these four areas, whether it is inspired of God or not.
For the English user, there are several other translations, especially NEWER ones that are just as, if not MORE-profitable, as they're in the reader's everyday language, with fewer goofs & booboos.

JDS

The God of heaven is not like the god you are preaching. He does not sanction all these new translations from the critical manuscripts at the end of the age. God is not even interested in easy understanding, a major reason given for producing all these versions.

Luke 10:21
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

1 Corinthians 1:26-29
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

There are more divisions and more denomination, more para church ministries, more women preachers in the last one hundred years with this new light philosophy though a multitude of new translations and paraphrases than all the centuries before and Jesus wondered if there would be faith on the earth when he returns.

I reject your philosophy and do not believe God had anything to do with this practice. It would certainly be out of character for him.