The origin of the KJVO myth...

Beloved Daughter

Some people will believe anything and that is why they fall for the slanderous propaganda against John Todd, Jack Chick, and Alberto Rivera without considering the sources and without delving into doing any actual research themselves as they become unequally yoked with other deceived and deceiving hereticks.

When I read through these posts, I was thinking about how the process is started that leads to severe bullying of kids in schools. It all starts with one person not liking a certain kid, and begin with the nasty name calling and accusations. The rumors spread like wild fire and nearly the whole school, of other kids, turn against the victim, and the torment rages out of control leaving the victim scarred for life. The same is an analogy of how true it is of the results of how Roman Catholic Church spent millions of dollars to slander Jack Chick., so they could continue on with the Ecumenical Movement. While the masses slumber and believe the lies that have been set before them, the Roman Catholic Church recently set up the image of the idol of Moloch just before the C-19 outbreak, while Pope Francis has called for all religions to come together as one, including the Hindus, Buddhists, Baha'i, Islam, Confucianism, and many more, while in the meantime, the Church of Satan has been granted 501c3 Tax Status by the Internal Revenue Service, and have taken on a more prominent and public role of having a say in Government, which has representatives from Hindu, Muslims, and Buddhist religions serving in Congress as all are deceived into bending the knee to Baal. Chicktracts has done excellent work at exposing the conspiracy against the King James Bible, as well as proving that the so-called Modern Translations come from the R.C.C., but the slanderers will only come together to trash them as they have always done, stumbling souls along the way as they do the works of the Devil.
Jack Chick, Kent Hovind, Gail Riplinger, et al, are/were the worst at providing any kind of testimony. All mean-spirited, and not a Christian attitude among them.

The rest of this, has almost nothing to do with the KJV.

A quick note. You use of the acronym KJB and tells me exactly who you are.

God Speed

Sherman

I have said, when one has to bend the truth to support an argument then there is something wrong with the argument. This is so true of many of the arguments in support of KJV Onlyism.

Tanachreader

M
Jack Chick, Kent Hovind, Gail Riplinger, et al, are/were the worst at providing any kind of testimony. All mean-spirited, and not a Christian attitude among them.

The rest of this, has almost nothing to do with the KJV.

A quick note. You use of the acronym KJB and tells me exactly who you are.

God Speed
Maybe your the worst at providing any kind of testimony. You will see when you have to answer to the Lord for you judgments towards orhers.

Beloved Daughter

We need the New Testament, not just the Old Testament the Tanakh.
Lord Jesus told me that the KJV is His English Bible for us.
I’ll wait for the mockery from others here.

You should reconsider who you talk/listen to. The Lord Jesus didn't tell you anything about the KJV. He would have never told you to support any Bible with so many demonstrable errors.

Beloved Daughter

I have said, when one has to bend the truth to support an argument then there is something wrong with the argument. This is so true of many of the arguments in support of KJV Onlyism.

Amen. I use my KJV every day, but when I study, I use other Bibles for comparisons, just as the KJV translators suggested.

Sherman

I just read the Bible - the translation I prefer and ignore the KJV Onlyists. I happen the prefer the KJV.

Beloved Daughter

I'd like to get a hard copy of it since I read the Bible every morning.

A few years ago, I bought my hard cover Geneva from Hendrickson Publishers. It was less than $20.00. I'm guessing that the Geneva is becoming much more popular now because the prices are soaring. I checked Amazon, Bible Gateway, Hendrickson Publishers. I'll check some others.

I do have a question. Do you know the difference between the 1599 and 1560 Geneva's?

Tanachreader

Oh happy day! Good!
I mostly use my NASB, but I do like the KJV for style and beauty. It is a perfectly fine translation, for its time, but there are better options available now.

DR. FRANK LOGSDON, BIBLE TRANSLATION LEADER SAYS, 'I'M IN TROUBLE WITH THE LORD."​

Dr. Frank Logsdon, project member of the translation committee for the New American Standard Version (NASB), has denounced his work on that Bible and urged all Christians to return to the Authorized Version, commonly known as the King James Bible.
Although the most popular modern translation at the present time is the New International Version, both of these modern Bibles are based upon the same Catholic text, and Logsdon's concerns apply to both.
Being involved with the project from the very beginning, Logsdon helped publisher F. Dewey Lockman with the feasibility study that led to the translation. He interviewed some of the translators, sat with them, and even wrote the preface. But soon the questions began coming in.
His old friend, Dr. David Otis Fuller, began to put his finger on the many shortcomings of the Catholic text used in all modern Bibles, which include the NASB and today's NIV.
Logsdon finally said, "I'm in trouble; I can't refute these arguments; it's wrong; it's terribly wrong; it's frightfully wrong; and what am I going to do about it?"
Logsdon shocked publisher Dewey Lockman by writing, "I must under God renounce every attachment to the New American Standard."
Logsdon then began to travel extensively, trying to make up for his error by explaining to people the very simple reasons why the Authorized Version is the one Bible which is absolutely 100% correct.

Sherman

The style and beauty as well as the completeness of the translation is why I use it. I just don't go in for the KJVO arguments.

robycop3

DR. FRANK LOGSDON, BIBLE TRANSLATION LEADER SAYS, 'I'M IN TROUBLE WITH THE LORD."​

Dr. Frank Logsdon, project member of the translation committee for the New American Standard Version (NASB), has denounced his work on that Bible and urged all Christians to return to the Authorized Version, commonly known as the King James Bible.
Although the most popular modern translation at the present time is the New International Version, both of these modern Bibles are based upon the same Catholic text, and Logsdon's concerns apply to both.
Being involved with the project from the very beginning, Logsdon helped publisher F. Dewey Lockman with the feasibility study that led to the translation. He interviewed some of the translators, sat with them, and even wrote the preface. But soon the questions began coming in.
His old friend, Dr. David Otis Fuller, began to put his finger on the many shortcomings of the Catholic text used in all modern Bibles, which include the NASB and today's NIV.
Logsdon finally said, "I'm in trouble; I can't refute these arguments; it's wrong; it's terribly wrong; it's frightfully wrong; and what am I going to do about it?"
Logsdon shocked publisher Dewey Lockman by writing, "I must under God renounce every attachment to the New American Standard."
Logsdon then began to travel extensively, trying to make up for his error by explaining to people the very simple reasons why the Authorized Version is the one Bible which is absolutely 100% correct.
Great Scott ! You're showing YOUR colors by digging up that old inaccurate article.

Sherman

Also when in debate when a member resorts to personal attacks I stop listening.

When working with young kids are people that have difficulty reading I will use the NKJV.

Tanachreader

I
Smells like - feels like they are about money - what makes them money. Here's a rogue's gallery of some of the writers
Kent Hovind - did jail time for Tax evasion
Alberto Rivera - this slimy fellow was never a catholic priest - in fact he was married during the time he claimed to be a priest.

John Todd - the worst of the bunch - convicted rapist. He also was convicted of statutory rape. He was also Oneness - placing him outside of Christianity. What in a world was Chick Publications doing with this guy?!
Also when in debate when a member resorts to personal attacks I stop listening.

When working with young kids are people that have difficulty reading I will use the NKJV.
The personal attacks are directed at who?

Beloved Daughter

Different day, same nonsense.

I follow Jesus not Fuller, Lockman, Logsdon.

Tanachreader

Different day, same nonsense.

I follow Jesus not Fuller, Lockman, Logsdon.
Many say that but don’t. They error to the point where the Church is harmed.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
I hear Him, see Him.
You hurt me by saying it isn’t Jesus who speaks to me.
Again Jesus told me the King James Bible is His English Bible.