The origin of the KJVO myth...

GeneZ

Satan exploits the fallen nature of men to keep souls from finding Truth. Every false doctrine is deigned to seduce souls away from God's system for grace and truth.

No many are willing to fight the good fight. Too many seek peer approval. It all depends upon your culture and DNA as to what false system will appeal to the person rejecting God's will for their life.

Truther

I see NO KJVO has tried to deny the man-made origin of the KJVO myth. It was invented by Satan, who influenced certain men to write it & spread it.
Every time I post in defense of KJVO, I get banned. Have fun arguing alone.

Truther

I don't see why. Seems you have as much right to argue for it (in vain, of course) as I have to argue how false it is & why.
I know . It seems someone is very emotional on this subject.

This is the only subject on the forum I have encountered over the years that gets immediate disciplinary actions for opinions.

I will have to stay clear to keep it mellow.

Theo1689

I do not consider my posts as such to warrant expulsion from the forum.

Most people don't.
That's why we have to have others reveiw our posts.

I was getting warnings only in the KJVO section from years ago(someone is easily offended and hits the panic button too quick).

Sorry, you don't get warnings or expulsions merely by people reporting your posts.
You get them because moderators have agreed that rules were broken.

So, it is best I argue other ideas elsewhere, where folks are inquisitive .

I'm not trying to change your mind.

GeneZ

Its not a matter of disagreement. Its a matter of the stubborn, closed minded, refusal to learn facts that will allow reason and facts to prevail.
The KJV is a flawed translation.

The preface for the original King James Version stated its imperfect.

https://dbts.edu/2012/04/09/the-embarrassing-preface-to-the-king-james-version/

Its like arguing with your baby brother/sister who has not yet learned to reason, but just wants his own way. It hurts to watch such a state of unreasonableness.

GeneZ

Previously Deleted
Not so fast.

You need to know one thing. That you soon become a dead weight to dialogue with. Its about nonsense in the light of the vast amount of knowledge there is to be gained.

Dead weight? Because you do have a closed mind.

You say you do not have a closed mind? Then I have a great pastor-scholar with thousands of recorded lessons who will begin with quoting from the King James, then will exegete from the Hebrew and Greek. He did not always disagree with the King James. But he will also point out glaring errors and will take the time explain the problems the KJV translators were facing when need be.

Most people have enough sense to not be believing such propaganda as KJVO.

Sure other translations have their share of errors. Yet for what you reject them? When you turn a blind eye when it comes to the KJV doing a similar thing.

You want to argue with someone, to win them over? Then you need to argue with babies... Or, win over those who perversely love and seek controversy to get into endless debates with.

You want to learn the Word of God from the Hebrew and Greek?

Now.. let's find out how you are also an expert with the Hebrew and Greek..

Last edited by a moderator:

imJRR

GET REAL. If you get banned, it is due to your posts violating board rules. The idea that you're banned "for trying to defend KJVONLYism" is fraudulent. There are KJVONLYist people who post here all the time who don't get suspended or banned UNLESS their posting violates board rules.

imJRR

CES1951 - It is VERY PROBABLE that your post was banned because you complained right here on the forum about moderator actions.
That, in itself, is a violation of the Board Rules.

This is very simple: If you read and ABIDE by the Board Rules, your posts won't be deleted, and suspensions won't occur.

imJRR

If you have a problem with how the boards are moderated - Take it up with them, and contace 4Him. This board is not the place for your complaints, period.

CES1951

Simply trying to express my experience with this. Thank you for the insulting response. As far as where KJVO came from? I think some posters on here made up the term so they would have something to argue about. 😊

robycop3

Simply trying to express my experience with this. Thank you for the insulting response. As far as where KJVO came from? I think some posters on here made up the term so they would have something to argue about. 😊
No; the term existed before this board did. I was one of the first to regularly refer to it as "the KJVO myth" because that's what it is-a collection of imaginations, tall tales, & OUTRIGHT LIES.

imJRR

I made no insult. I merely typed the reality of being here.

As for where "KJVONLY" came from - Who cares? The origin of the term is HUGELY irrelevant. It is the FACT of its existence and the major problems created by it that are the issue here.

GeneZ

One thing I will never understand about the KJVO folks..

What is so special about the Krazy Jewish Version anyway?

imJRR

As far as where KJVO came from? I think some posters on here made up the term so they would have something to argue about. 😊

The above post is more than simply not true - I submit that it reveals a VERY SERIOUS DISCONNECT from reality.