The origin of the KJVO myth...

RiJoRi

Here's what we are dealing with...

bumpersticker.png
Nice Bible cover! 🤣 Do you realize how many markers and/or colored pencils and notepads you could keep in there?? 😮 I'm jealous! 🤪

--Rich
Then again, I suspect they have a 1769 revision... Dern modernists!

GeneZ

Nice Bible cover! 🤣 Do you realize how many markers and/or colored pencils and notepads you could keep in there?? 😮 I'm jealous! 🤪
They will need all those notebooks to keep a record of all the corrections needed to find out what the Greek and Hebrew actually tell us.

Its scary how so many take pleasure in what is destroying them.

RiJoRi

Still, no KJVO here disputes the origin of the KJVO myth as set forth in the OP.
Too busy arguing about an "unknown tongue"? (Latin) 🤪

IF I believed in the myth, I could rationalize it with "Because it is true, it doesn't matter who came up with it!"

(Not that the rationalization is rational, mind you, but that's how we operate.)

--Rich

GeneZ

Too busy arguing about an "unknown tongue"? (Latin) 🤪
Or, perhaps.. arguing in Shakespearean anachronisms.

Imagine a military commander in battle today giving commands in King James English.

Imagine the confusion it would cause. The deaths as well.

GeneZ

The troops would ask, "Sirrah, sir! Prithee, why speakest thou thusly? Forsooth! Even five-sooth!" 🤣

--Rich
We laugh... But, so do demons when they see well intentioned, but naïve, Christians making absolute fools of themselves when they become dogmatic about what they can not understand. Sometimes, it down right embarrassing.

Without understanding the Greek moods and tenses that are supposed to be translated from, we will at times get just the opposite in meaning when we are depending upon archaic translations.

I used to cringe after hearing a passage exegeted to see how dumbed down some make themselves, by believing a false narrative. Some joked .. "If its good enough for the Apostle Paul, its good enough for me!"

Its also why we see certain churches that drink poison and handle snakes. Don't we? Why?

God allows for such folly to exist to weed out the unstable and ignorant from good churches where they would only be disruptive if forced to attend.

GeneZ

This man has completely fabricated his opening statement. I have been around Protestant Christianity since 1979 and as a teacher since 1980. I have never met a single Christian that thought the Bible was originally written in English. Not one. We were all directed to Strong’s from day one.
You make it sound like he said that.... He said just the opposite.

Last edited:

Truther

Why should we? The authors are gay and kept themselves anonymous.
Okay. No opinion.

If anyone else has one, please elaborate. Just curious if you think it’s a legitimate translation. If so why? If not, why not?

GeneZ

Gene, he said KJVO’s think that Paul used the KJV(English).

No Christian teaches that.

No atheist thinks that.

He made that completely up.
He was being facetious.

Reminds me of those who used to accuse Rush Limbaugh of telling lies, when all he was doing was presenting a parody.

GeneZ

Okay. No opinion.

If anyone else has one, please elaborate. Just curious if you think it’s a legitimate translation. If so why? If not, why not?
No opinion?

When I said.. " The authors are gay and kept themselves anonymous."

That would SCREAM volumes to any discerning person.

Its a very strong opinion.

GeneZ

You posted a parody? Seems a bit cruel for a Christian.

OK..... I think its good that God gives us mercy by having an Ignore setting in this forum....

Cutting the cord.. and now letting you go floating in space....

bye! ✋ 🌎