The origins of the RC Denomination?

You are correct. The Body of Christ, the Church (filled with true believers) has endured from the 'very beginning' as God said it would.
Where do we find the history of the Church? Can you produce a history of this church?

The Roman Catholic Church contends that its origin is the death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ in approximately AD 30. The Catholic Church proclaims itself to be the church that Jesus Christ died for, the church that was established and built by the apostles. Is that the true origin of the Catholic Church? On the contrary. Even a cursory reading of the New Testament will reveal that the Catholic Church does not have its origin in the teachings of Jesus or His apostles. In the New Testament, there is no mention of the papacy, worship/adoration of Mary (or the immaculate conception of Mary, the perpetual virginity of Mary, the assumption of Mary, or Mary as co-redemptrix and mediatrix), petitioning saints in heaven for their prayers, apostolic succession, the ordinances of the church functioning as sacraments, infant baptism, confession of sin to a priest, purgatory, indulgences, or the equal authority of church tradition and Scripture. So, if the origin of the Catholic Church is not in the teachings of Jesus and His apostles, as recorded in the New Testament, what is the true origin of the Catholic Church?

Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit would guide us into all the truth.
True.
Not all truth concerning the Christian faith were fully known at the time of the apostles.
Please tell us what God forgot to include in His Word (Bible) that can lead one to eternal life and how to live on earth after one is born-again that the rc denomination needs to provide?
What the writer of the article and the nCCs don't acknowledge is that scripture alone as being the final/sole authority for the Christian faith was not taught by Jesus or his apostles.
Again,
Please tell us what God forgot to include in His Word (Bible) that can lead one to eternal life and how to live on earth after one is born-again that the rc denomination needs to provide?

The article has just been refuted.
Not even close. Try again?

The nCCs don't have a history dating back to Jesus and the apostles. Why doesn't the true Christians faith have a history? That is very much a concern.
Jesus we do, anyone who follows Jesus and not the pope does. We follow Jesus, we follow His teachings. If we follow Jesus we are part of the real historical church. It is you who has nothing. That is very much a concern because the RCC constantly take people's eyes off Jesus.

Oh this is your defence and it is poor. Look the article that was posted is the truth and your rebuttal is not the truth. I wish I had been against you in school debates.
The article posted wouldn't have made it through the front door at a school debate.

True.

Again,

Post the verse that show us where Jesus or the apostles taught that scripture alone as being the final/sole authority for the Christian faith.

True.

Again,

What authority would you acknowledge to refute the post?

Post the verse that show us where Jesus or the apostles taught that scripture alone as being the final/sole authority for the Christian faith.
Post the verse where Jesus says it isn't the final/sole authority?????????

Matt 5:8 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

1 cor 4:6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.
rev 22:18+ I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

Scripture does put limits on what we can believe with do not take away/ignore, do not go beyond, do not add. Oh please do not give us that false rubbish that the NT has been added, that is just so desperate and false.

The flaw is what is missing from the OP article -namely any support whatsoever.
Like your posts, no support whatsoever. Maybe you should go into the full article, the references/support are normally listed at the end of the article. But if you go to the original article there are links within the article to supports and meanings.

The links would violate link rules for carm.

Last edited:
The first century Christians of "the Way" did continuously become the Catholic Church. There is no recorded wide-spread rejection of the Catholic Church by the Christians of the the Way.

The Catholic Church was not the Way in the first century. It took hundreds of years for it to evolve into the bloated, heresy-teaching organization it has become to this day.
If Christians of the Way were truly rejecting the Catholic Church as it emerged, there would be a lot more written evidence of that rejection by historians.
There were voices here and there raised against certain teachings over the centuries, but some were silenced--weren't they?

Last edited:
The Catholic Church was not the Way in the first century. It took hundreds of years for it to evolve into the bloated, heresy-teaching organization it has become to this day.

There were voices here and there raised against certain teachings over the centuries, but some were silenced--weren't they?
I'm not talking about voices here and there against certain teachings. I'm talking about a whole separate church, comparable to the Catholic Church in size and visibility. Even if you define Church as the set of all born-again believers, not necessarily associated with a formal institution, because even such a church would be very visible to historians. And don't say the Catholics repressed the "real" Christian church in the first 300 years because the Catholic Church had zero power to do any repressing, being an illegal religion that was severely persecuted itself, as the OP article confirms. So amidst all the persecution and being outlawed, it is illogical to think this group, whose popes I named earlier, all in the first 300 years, was busy repressing anyone. The fact is there just wasn't anyone to repress in that time period in the very early years of the Church. That is my point. The Catholic Church is the Church that the apostles founded because it is the only Christian church that existed at the time. There were no other candidates until much later - too late to be called "the origin".

Ezekiel 8:
He said also unto me,
Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.

14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house
which was toward the north;
and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

And he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house,
and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord,
between the porch and the altar,
were about five and twenty men,
with their backs toward the temple of the Lord,
and their faces toward the east;
and they worshipped the sun toward the east.

Back