The origins of the RC Denomination?

I never said James was more important than anyone else. Where did you get that idea?
Identifying James as the one and only person who made the "final decision" makes him more important than those who did not make the "final decision". But the fact is they all made the final decision.

But he was a leader in the young church, was he not?
Definitely. James was a leader. Accord to tradition his remains are revered in Santiago de Compostela in Spain. It is the destination of the most famous pilgrimage in all of Christianity, the Cameno Santiago, starting from as far away as central France. In 2010 our son actually walked the Camino Primativo starting in Oviedo, walking 200 miles in 14 days. St. James is certainly revered. But he had no special role at the Council of Jerusalem.

I am sorry you saw that as an insult, but I have used that terminology before, about RCC glasses. It is not meant as an insult but an observation, plus, I also wrote "to those." NOT "to you." It IS obvious to those not looking at the verses through RCC-colored glasses. But if you think it was a personal insult, then flag my post and a moderator will take care of it.
I was not complaining. I was offering friendly advice to help you be a better debater.

Scripture says "When they finished, James spoke up." And "20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”
This does not mean his speech was any more significant than anyone else's, for reasons that I have already given and which you have ignored.

You are assuming again, without any scriptural backing for your assumptions. Nowhere does the Scriptural witness say that anyone had reached a decision on what to do with the Gentile Christians BEFORE James stood up and made his judgment.
Sure there is. Paul reached that decision. Peter reached that decision. Everyone who spoke before James that Acts reports on reached the same decision. That's just a straight reading of Acts.

May have, could have--still nothing but conjecture on your part,...
You still have not grasped the difference between assuming something happened and stating that something might have happened.

Now IF there was more discussion, it was most probably over the wording of the letter.
Now who is assuming, with your "probably" conjecture? However in this case I think you are right. That is probably what they did. But that also describes the speech by James where he suggests wording for a general idea that had already been expressed by both Paul and Peter.

His presence and decision changed a LOT. Else why did the HS inspire Luke to include what happened at this council?
Do you think the Holy Spirit (I don't like abbreviating His holy name) only inspired James? Where does it say that only James was inspired by the Holy Spirit? Remember, these were people who had already received the Holy Spirit, who does not abandon His faithful ones.

Yep you are right you don't have an answer.

In other words I have much more of an idea than you. Really Jesus was giving them what??????? All believers have authority to keep God's word, to be born again, to follow Jesus, to forgive those who trepass against them, to not add to scriptures, to discipline other believers which the RCC doesn't do to its wayward leaders.
And they don't seem to realize that there are spiritual consequences for their actions, as well as for their 'inactions.'

Back