The Papacy is the Antichrist

Nondenom40

John said in 1 John there are many antichrists in the world. I believe this. I also believe the papacy is part of the antichrist system but not 'the' antichrist. And sorry but i also don't believe the papacy as a whole can be the antichrist which is what the title of this thread says.

And sorry again, but i'm not watching a 50 minute video. If you had specific questions i'd love to respond.

mica

By His Mercy said:
1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
they can say the words (lip service) but not from their hearts except by the Holy Spirit.

Buzzard

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
TiTus 1:16
They profess that they know God;
but in works they deny him,
being abominable, and disobedient,
and unto every good work reprobate.

from that very 1st Day, even when Paul was still alive
the very 1st thing Paul warns Rome about is its Leader and leadership
he did not beat around the bush, he got right to the point

Romans 1:
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind,
to do those things which are not convenient
;
then he all but says they, the Self Appointed Bishop of Rome and his Minions are
SODOM and they are Sodomites

how much clearer do you want Paul to speak

I don't think he was referring to Peter
Hopefully; you do not think so either
so evidently, Peter was never the Roman Bishop
nor was there ever a "Chair of St. Peter" either

mica

TiTus 1:16
They profess that they know God;
but in works they deny him,
being abominable, and disobedient,
and unto every good work reprobate.

from that very 1st Day, even when Paul was still alive
the very 1st thing Paul warns Rome about is its Leader and leadership
he did not beat around the bush, he got right to the point

Romans 1:
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
God gave them over to a reprobate mind,
to do those things which are not convenient
;
then he all but says they, the Self Appointed Bishop of Rome and his Minions are
SODOM and they are Sodomites

how much clearer do you want Paul to speak

I don't think he was referring to Peter
Hopefully; you do not think so either
so evidently, Peter was never the Roman Bishop
nor was there ever a "Chair of St. Peter" either
guess I'll stop looking for it at the GW or other 2nd hand store! :D

Septextura

Undoubtedly the spirit of antichrist works in the unbelieving Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, Atheist, various Christian cults like Mormons, JWs etc.

The question is, who is the son of perdition after Judas? What is the mystery of inequity that was let loose after the 1st century?

Historicist eschatology interprets the fall of the pagan Roman empire, moving the seat from Rome to Constantinople, the rise of cesaropapism after Justinian I give it ecclesiastical supremacy, this is what is understood as the release of this mystery of inequity. Rome hasn't stopped since with their constant pursuit of dominion over souls, material wealth, political, economic and military power.

Since it was established for many centuries by Christians that Rome is the antichrist, the son of perdition, the military order of the Jesuits came up with two eschatological alternatives to Historicism that will remove that label off Rome's back. This is the Full Preterist and Futurist eschatology, which both push important eschatological events either in the past or the future, switching from the son of perdition being a throne, to a finite individual seated in that throne, usually located in Jerusalem.

Some elements of the futurist interpretation of Revelation and Daniel appeared in the early centuries of the Christian Church. However, the view was not popular. Irenaeus of Lyon (died c. 202), for instance, subscribed to the view that Daniel's 70th week awaited a future fulfillment. During the Middle Ages and before the Protestant Reformation futurist interpretations were virtually non-existent.[citation needed]

Two Catholic Jesuit writers, Manuel Lacunza (1731-1801) and Francisco Ribera (1537-1591), proposed the futurist view. Lacunza wrote under the pen name "Ben-Ezra", and his work was banned by the Catholic Church. It[clarification needed] has grown in popularity in the 19th and 20th centuries, so that today it is probably the most readily recognized.

If you were reformed Christian 200 years ago, the introduction of your Authorized (King James) Bible said the same thing the Westminster Confession says, that the papacy is the antichrist, the son of perdition. As soon as everyone dropped the AKJV and WCF, that knowledge dwindled away and now we are headed back to Rome through ecumenism. It's hard for people to believe what was once a unquestionable empirical and biblical truth. People are deceived to look for eschatological ques in politics instead of theology. Very few are aware how abominable Rome truly is even after all the scandals and unpopular councils. Actually I hear more Roman Catholics today say the pope is the antichrist than I hear protestants do. The loss of discernment and critical knowledge we were passed on from the Reformation is disappointing, to say the least.

The false eschatological candidates for an upcoming antichrist offered to us today are the Jews and the Freemasons, both under the boot of Rome.

Buzzard

Proverbs
If you were reformed Christian 200 years ago, the introduction of your Authorized (King James) Bible said the same thing the Westminster Confession says, that the papacy is the antichrist, the son of perdition. As soon as everyone dropped the AKJV and WCF, that knowledge dwindled away and now we are headed back to Rome through ecumenism. It's hard for people to believe what was once a unquestionable empirical and biblical truth. People are deceived to look for eschatological ques in politics instead of theology. Very few are aware how abominable Rome truly is even after all the scandals and unpopular councils. Actually I hear more Roman Catholics today say the pope is the antichrist than I hear protestants do. The loss of discernment and critical knowledge we were passed on from the Reformation is disappointing, to say the least.

The false eschatological candidates for an upcoming antichrist offered to us today are the Jews and the Freemasons, both under the boot of Rome.
and now we are headed back to Rome through ecumenism.

Home too Rome

Just one (1) of the Woe's spoken of by Isaiah
5:8
Woe unto them that join house to house,
that lay field to field,
till there be no place,
that they may be placed alone in the midst of
the earth!

Proverbs

The Papacy is the Antichrist​

Yep.

As an ex-Roman Catholic myself (30 years, born, raised, full communion, and briefly work in specialized ministry, whose family still works for the local bishop in the city in which they reside), I can speak of an inside knowledge.

Every priest/bishop/cardinal and pope claim to be:

[LATIN]: "VICARIVS CHRISTI"​

That is the same as saying:

[koine GREEK]: "ANTI CHRISTOS"​

Did I merely say? Oh, no. Roman Catholicism's own documents say it. Want to see? In fact, according to (now deceased, Cardinal) Hans Urs Von Balthasar (personal friend of Joseph Ratzinger, ie 'Benedict XVI'), the Roman Catholic church is the Great Whore of Revelation 17.

Septextura

Yep.

As an ex-Roman Catholic myself (30 years, born, raised, full communion, and briefly work in specialized ministry, whose family still works for the local bishop in the city in which they reside), I can speak of an inside knowledge.

Every priest/bishop/cardinal and pope claim to be:

[LATIN]: "VICARIVS CHRISTI"​

That is the same as saying:

[koine GREEK]: "ANTI CHRISTOS"​

Did I merely say? Oh, no. Roman Catholicism's own documents say it. Want to see? In fact, according to (now deceased, Cardinal) Hans Urs Von Balthasar (personal friend of Joseph Ratzinger, ie 'Benedict XVI'), the Roman Catholic church is the Great Whore of Revelation 17.

Every born again Christian lives out an ambassadorship in Christ's name in His honor and for His glory. One could be a plumber, an unskilled laborer, a professor, a housewife, or a soldier. To claim one and only earthly supremacy in God's name over all the saints is not ambassadorship and it's not with good shepherding in mind, I don't care how many feet Francis washes in front of the cameras. It's about power, greed and ego. They've shown their true colors countless times through history.

14203337_826318357468654_1508248306358221467_n.jpg
14192775_826318300801993_460664219360836553_n.jpg

Nondenom40

Every born again Christian lives out an ambassadorship in Christ's name in His honor and for His glory. One could be a plumber, an unskilled laborer, a professor, a housewife, or a soldier. To claim one and only earthly supremacy in God's name over all the saints is not ambassadorship and it's not with good shepherding in mind, I don't care how many feet Francis washes in front of the cameras. It's about power, greed and ego. They've shown their true colors countless times through history.

View attachment 367
View attachment 368
When did Christ or the apostles ever clothe themselves like this?

balshan

They didn't have a bank back then, otherwise who knows. Maybe Peter would like to dress up, be carried around like an emperor, have the king of Belgium kneel before him.

View attachment 373
This sort of worship was rejected by the apostles, they ran showing their humanity. Acts 14:14,15

But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting:

Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Nondenom40

This sort of worship was rejected by the apostles, they ran showing their humanity. Acts 14:14,15

But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting:

Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.
That first pic with the pope wearing that gaudy monstrosity? I can totally see Paul like Pachino in that movie where he wants to take a flame thrower to that place. This is nothing but white washed sepulchers.

That first pic with the pope wearing that gaudy monstrosity? I can totally see Paul like Pachino in that movie where he wants to take a flame thrower to that place. This is nothing but white washed sepulchers.
Remember when Jesus spoke of beautiful on the "outside", like a gorgeous rose-coloured stain-glass window of a Cathedral? Well, did you know that literally on the "inside" are "dead men's bones", and under, in or near a Cathedral altar must be a "relic"? When walking into a "Cathedral" one is literally walking into a "tomb", an unclean place.

Did you know that the Papacy counterfeits everything of Christ Jesus? Look closely:

Want to see more?

Angels of Lie-ght:

Angels Of Lie-ght (Powerpoint)

Snake-Oil Salesman - The Blessssssing:

Snake-Oils Salesman - The Blessssssing (full Powerpoint)

Peace, Be Still:

Peace, Be Still (full Powerpoint)

Did you know that the 'pope' speaks from the Mouth of the Serpent? Paul VI Nervi Hall, right next to the Vatican?

Want these pictures and more?

Go here: https://archive.org/details/@matthew_tenverseight

Last edited:

Septextura

Actually I love those particular pics especially because of the two large fans made from ostrich feathers and gold embroidery. You can imagine how those served a purpose in Babylon and Egypt to keep the emperors and pharos cool during the heat, carried by nude eunuchs. Now Rome uses these for ceremonial purpose. But why? What's Christian about such objects in the 20th century?