The Pentecostal Road to Rome

Septextura

Rome has no problem swallowing up Montanism, it already has after Constantine. So shall it be again with apostate charismatics.

Septextura

Can you summarize your views? What is happening in the video in your view, and how does it relate to Rome?

Are you familiar with Joachim of Fiore, the Three Ages theory and post-millenarianism in general? Or Meister Eckhart's teachings on spirituality?

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

Rome has no problem swallowing up Montanism, it already has after Constantine. So shall it be again with apostate charismatics.
When the Charismatic outpouring ENDED in the late '70s Those of us involved in it had to make a choice. Either organize "Charismatic Churches" and try to keep the revival going - resulting in the "Charismatic Movement", OR go back into the Denominational churches that we'd come out of during the revival, and bring our Charismatic insights, and learning in to change the Denominations into more Biblical systems. Personally I Re-joined the Assemblies of God Denomination, which had been dead-set AGAINST the Charismatic outpouring, and with MANY others who flowed into the AG changed it significantly from the Legalistic "one strike and you're OUT" Clothesline holiness system, to one much less dogmatic.

Everybody knows that the phony "Separated Brethren" P.R. effort was disingenuous, and the Roman Catholics STILL consider themselves to be "The One True Church", and the rest of us are inferior, and second class Christians at best. The only thing they really seem to have dropped is the "Invincible Ignorance" requirement for a person to be a non-Catholic Christian.

rhomphaeam

Rome has no problem swallowing up Monetarism, it already has after Constantine. So shall it be again with apostate charismatics.

Are you familiar with Joachim of Fiore, the Three Ages theory and post-millenarianism in general? Or Meister Eckhart's teachings on spirituality?

I am assuming that in some way you might be connecting up the mystical and apocalyptical precepts contained in at least two of these works (Joachim and Eckhart) to allude to a Catholic historicity and a more modern charismatic precept becoming visible in an ecumenical drive characterised by Vatican II. I knew Martin Buckingham who co authored Far From Rome Near To God that is referenced at the beginning of the video you posted (50 Catholic priest testimonies). I didn't know Richard Bennett personally but I did meet him once when he came to stay with Martin during the time the book was being researched. Martin and I used to meet once a week to pray for Roman Catholics and we did have some remarkable times preaching together in market towns in the area he lived in. Martin also used to go up to the boundary of Roman Catholic Churches and preach the gospel. So in seeing the video I felt a need to ask the question.

Catholic mysticism and its seeming animism, pantheism and a precept of apotheosis combined with Pythagorean oratory philosophy all combine to present an idea that is essentially occult in nature in the most dangerous form that occultism takes.

It is the claim that the pentecostal church (essentially AOG) was a vehicle to giving momentum to this development (ecumenism) in the true church that interests me the most. I watched this process beginning in the mid 1980's and met Martin in 1986 and was his preaching partner for five years. We both had a clear view of ecumenism as you can imagine but Martin was never really free to talk about the more occult precepts that are embedded at the back of these things. The one clear fact, as far as I see it, that has come out of this ecumenical drive has been that very precept, post-millenarianism, and that is perhaps most easiest to understand when looked at through the lens of its outworking, Dominion Theology. The New Apostolic Reformation is its most vivid persona and we all know how diabolical that is.

Septextura

I am assuming that in some way you might be connecting up the mystical and apocalyptical precepts contained in at least two of these works (Joachim and Eckhart) to allude to a Catholic historicity and a more modern charismatic precept becoming visible in an ecumenical drive characterised by Vatican II. I knew Martin Buckingham who co authored Far From Rome Near To God that is referenced at the beginning of the video you posted (50 Catholic priest testimonies). I didn't know Richard Bennett personally but I did meet him once when he came to stay with Martin during the time the book was being researched. Martin and I used to meet once a week to pray for Roman Catholics and we did have some remarkable times preaching together in market towns in the area he lived in. Martin also used to go up to the boundary of Roman Catholic Churches and preach the gospel. So in seeing the video I felt a need to ask the question.

Catholic mysticism and its seeming animism, pantheism and a precept of apotheosis combined with Pythagorean oratory philosophy all combine to present an idea that is essentially occult in nature in the most dangerous form that occultism takes.

It is the claim that the pentecostal church (essentially AOG) was a vehicle to giving momentum to this development (ecumenism) in the true church that interests me the most. I watched this process beginning in the mid 1980's and met Martin in 1986 and was his preaching partner for five years. We both had a clear view of ecumenism as you can imagine but Martin was never really free to talk about the more occult precepts that are embedded at the back of these things. The one clear fact, as far as I see it, that has come out of this ecumenical drive has been that very precept, post-millenarianism, and that is perhaps most easiest to understand when looked at through the lens of its outworking, Dominion Theology. The New Apostolic Reformation is its most vivid persona and we all know how diabolical that is.

In addition I'd recommend a book.

Research Chiliasm and Montanism before Augustine.

Septextura

rhomphaeam

In addition I'd recommend a book.

Research Chiliasm and Montanism before Augustine.

Thanks.

rhomphaeam

You're welcome.

I've opened a thread on a similar topic but it didn't garner much interest.

I can understand why! It's a field of mental health problems and endless hidden chambers that if one ventures into it too deeply then many people never recover. It is also a vast library that even the most ardent scholar would shrink back from. Still, the veil can be drawn back. One just has to know when to close it again.

Septextura

I can understand why! It's a field of mental health problems and endless hidden chambers that if one ventures into it too deeply then many people never recover. It is also a vast library that even the most ardent scholar would shrink back from. Still, the veil can be drawn back. One just has to know when to close it again.

My interest is the heterodoxy and religious syncretism plaguing the RCC, and showing Roman Catholics how apart from Christ their organization is. I don't take any of it more seriously than I do fairytales. But people are deceived and deceiving others. They fall for that nonsense.