The Philosophical Character of Gnosticism

Scripture refutes you.

Number 20:
And the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe in me, to uphold me as holy in the eyes of the people of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this assembly into the land that I have given them.
No one can bring anyone into the land God has given us for that land is Spirit not physical. Only God Himself can bring you into His salvation to be like Him.

Your understanding is elementary because you are looking at it as a physical place. It isn't a physical place Gods kingdom is Spirit not physical.

Jesus was very clear that the kingdom of God, His land, His abode, is not physical, does not come with observation, but is spirituaL AND WITHIN YOU. Luke 17:20-21.
However not many believe Jesus in that for as with yourself you seek a physical kingdom instead of the One God promises.

Joshua and Caleb were the only ones who met God as Adam did and became like Him, Gen 3:22, Abraham met the same promises of God in His land. Moses met God in His land on the mountain, Jesus met God and all of His heaven, land, in Matt 3"16, 120 made it into His promised land in an upper room, and all today who has seen GHod as He really is are like Him, 1 John 3, and we have entered into His rest.

Rev 3:
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

And we who has overcome this physical kingdom sit with Him in His land, kingdom, throne.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

You are not hearing, you Are dictating to your god who and what he is.

No one can bring anyone into the land God has given us for that land is Spirit not physical. Only God Himself can bring you into His salvation to be like Him.

Your understanding is elementary because you are looking at it as a physical place. It isn't a physical place Gods kingdom is Spirit not physical.

Jesus was very clear that the kingdom of God, His land, His abode, is not physical, does not come with observation, but is spirituaL AND WITHIN YOU. Luke 17:20-21.
However not many believe Jesus in that for as with yourself you seek a physical kingdom instead of the One God promises.

Joshua and Caleb were the only ones who met God as Adam did and became like Him, Gen 3:22, Abraham met the same promises of God in His land. Moses met God in His land on the mountain, Jesus met God and all of His heaven, land, in Matt 3"16, 120 made it into His promised land in an upper room, and all today who has seen GHod as He really is are like Him, 1 John 3, and we have entered into His rest.

Rev 3:
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

And we who has overcome this physical kingdom sit with Him in His land, kingdom, throne.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

You are not hearing, you Are dictating to your god who and what he is.
This is irrelevant to the fact Moses was not perfect and sinned, yet was God's spiritial servant and friend of God.

Your doctrine is sounded refuted by scripture. Here and many other places.

This is irrelevant to the fact Moses was not perfect and sinned, yet was God's spiritial servant and friend of God.

Yes the person seems to fit the profile of a gnostic with his beliefs .

Everyone has sinned, past tense. Even Jesus was made to be sin.
No only refuted by your perspective for a god and the laws you have formed to regulate your beliefs for a god.

Scripture is very clear that only God Himself can reveal His kingdom in you. Not even Jesus could escape that fact in Matt 3;16. Adam, Abraham, Moses, 120, and others and all today has the same options from God Himself, sadly few who follow Him to be like Him and His anointed.

How do you think any of these learned of God if it wasnt from God Himself? We all can read how God worked His ways in man back when and how He works the same in man today. You havent met Him as all of these did have you?

Yes the person seems to fit the profile of a gnostic with his beliefs .
Absolutely -- for Gnostics know that Gods Spirit resides in us and Jesus preached that man is the temple of God profusely.

It is you agnostics who does not believe that God resides in man even when you read Jesus in Luke 17:20-21 where the kingdom of God doesnt come with observations but is within you. Agnostics as yourselves cant comprehend how God can do that is all. You have made up your own rules for your gods and laws to govern your beliefs for a god. You have made a man a god instead of receieved the One Jesus did in Matt 3:16 who is a Spirit and man is the temple of Him, His heaven, His abode, the place God resides. You havent learned that God is a Spirit and that Spirit is Love is all. So so simple that you have made so so difficult.

Amen just as Jesus did, He knew Gods Spirit resides in man to. He learned that lesson when he was about 30 years ole, see Matt 3:16. It you agnostics who do not believe that God is a Spirit and man is the temple of Him.
Of course we believe that we are Gods temple. We just do not believe your false doctine of perfection.

In the spirit I am perfect. But not in the flesh.

You deny the two nature's of man clearly revealed in scripture, the spirit and the flesh. They exist in us. The flesh is not part of the temple of God. And it is being destroyed.

You have been soundly refuted.

Peter was given spiritual knowledge directly from the Father, as his spiritual child. Yet he wasn't perfect.

Moses was as well straight from God, yet he was not perfect as I already demonstrated.

I am God's spiritual child yet not perfect.

You might fool yourself and a few others in your cult, but no, you are not perfect either.

Of course we believe that we are Gods temple. We just do not believe your false doctine of perfection.
My doctrine for perfection? Lets try Jesus doctrine for perfection.

Matt 5:48, Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father unshaven is perfect.

I'm so honored that you think I wrote Matt 5;48 and is my doctrine, but saddened that Jesus doctrine quoted here is false as you say.
In the spirit I am perfect. But not in the flesh.
We who are of Gods Spirit are not of flesh, we are of Spirit. I don't think many has met God to know that He is Love, His mind is Love, everything about Him and who He is is Love and man is the temple of that Love.
You deny the two nature's of man clearly revealed in scripture, the spirit and the flesh.
The flesh is only the place for God, His temple, His heaven, His abode, the place God lives. Without the flesh there is no god to behold. God is Love.
They exist in us. The flesh is not part of the temple of God. And it is being destroyed.
The flesh is the temple of God, there would be no God without that temple. And He has prepared that mansion inside this temple.
You have been soundly refuted.
So is Jesus.
Peter was given spiritual knowledge directly from the Father, as his spiritual child. Yet he wasn't perfect.
Jesus was given spiritual knowledge in Matt 3:16 as well, and others were given the same to become like God to know this difference. That is nothing new it started in Adam, Gen 3;22. And to many in Jesus day, he defiantly was imperfect and had him crucified for those imperfections as they saw it. It is the same today.
Moses was as well straight from God, yet he was not perfect as I already demonstrated.
Describe perfection! When Jesus entered the temple went into a rage and turned over tables and chairs, and made a whip and drove people out from the temple. Was that the example of being perfect and in complete control of his facilities?

I dont think you know what the perfection means.
I am God's spiritual child yet not perfect.
Then you are not His child for. We who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin, cannot sin because we are born of God, prefect even as our Father in heaven is perfect. See 1 John 3:9. If you Arte imperfect see 1 John 3: 8 it tells clearly who one is of in imperfections.

You might fool yourself and a few others in your cult, but no, you are not perfect either.
Paul is the one trying to fool people, he even stated he used trickery to get you to believe as he did instead of like Jesus did. And evidently his trickery, witchcraft, has followed you.

As for me Jesus had it right, everyone else was of opinions. That is why I cling to the perfections of Jesus to have myself instead of another such as yourself or one as Paul.

Im not the way,. you are not the way, and Paul certainly is not the way. The way of the Father to have from Him is Jesus Christ that he had from the Father. Not many actually follow Jesus to be like his Father do they? They have others such as Paul or a preacher, or a teacher of their own perspectives.

To have the mind of Christ is exactly the same one Jesus had in the Father and received in Matt 3:16. Born again with a renewed mind to think in terms outside of mans ideas and beliefs for a god.

Failure is a state of mind, so is success. God cannot put in you a responsible moral being and without sin the dis[popsition that of Christ until you are conscious that you need it.

The miracle of redemption is that God turned me, the unholy one, into the standard of Himself the Holy One by putting into me the very same as He put into Jesus in Matt 3:16, the disposition of Himself.

Last edited:
If it is important enough for God to have brought to your mind the things He brought to Jesus mind that Jesus testified of his God who openes His mind and all of His heaven in Jesus, why do you exempt yourself from the same?

My doctrine for perfection? Lets try Jesus doctrine for perfection.

Matt 5:48, Be ye therefore perfect even as your Father unshaven is perfect.

I'm so honored that you think I wrote Matt 5;48 and is my doctrine, but saddened that Jesus doctrine quoted here is false as you say.

We who are of Gods Spirit are not of flesh, we are of Spirit. I don't think many has met God to know that He is Love, His mind is Love, everything about Him and who He is is Love and man is the temple of that Love.

The flesh is only the place for God, His temple, His heaven, His abode, the place God lives. Without the flesh there is no god to behold. God is Love.

The flesh is the temple of God, there would be no God without that temple. And He has prepared that mansion inside this temple.

So is Jesus.

Jesus was given spiritual knowledge in Matt 3:16 as well, and others were given the same to become like God to know this difference. That is nothing new it started in Adam, Gen 3;22. And to many in Jesus day, he defiantly was imperfect and had him crucified for those imperfections as they saw it. It is the same today.

Describe perfection! When Jesus entered the temple went into a rage and turned over tables and chairs, and made a whip and drove people out from the temple. Was that the example of being perfect and in complete control of his facilities?

I dont think you know what the perfection means.

Then you are not His child for. We who are born of God it is impossible to be in sin, cannot sin because we are born of God, prefect even as our Father in heaven is perfect. See 1 John 3:9. If you Arte imperfect see 1 John 3: 8 it tells clearly who one is of in imperfections.

Paul is the one trying to fool people, he even stated he used trickery to get you to believe as he did instead of like Jesus did. And evidently his trickery, witchcraft, has followed you.

As for me Jesus had it right, everyone else was of opinions. That is why I cling to the perfections of Jesus to have myself instead of another such as yourself or one as Paul.

Im not the way,. you are not the way, and Paul certainly is not the way. The way of the Father to have from Him is Jesus Christ that he had from the Father. Not many actually follow Jesus to be like his Father do they? They have others such as Paul or a preacher, or a teacher of their own perspectives.

To have the mind of Christ is exactly the same one Jesus had in the Father and received in Matt 3:16. Born again with a renewed mind to think in terms outside of mans ideas and beliefs for a god.

Failure is a state of mind, so is success. God cannot put in you a responsible moral being and without sin the dis[popsition that of Christ until you are conscious that you need it.

The miracle of redemption is that God turned me, the unholy one, into the standard of Himself the Holy One by putting into me the very same as He put into Jesus in Matt 3:16, the disposition of Himself.
expand...
Maybe you need to describe perfection.

Peter was a Spiritual child of God yet denied Jesus.

You totally ignored that fact

If it is important enough for God to have brought to your mind the things He brought to Jesus mind that Jesus testified of his God who openes His mind and all of His heaven in Jesus, why do you exempt yourself from the same?
For starters Jesus is the only begotten Son of God , the Messiah and you are not . He was sinless and you are not , He had power over sin, death , devil , demons , wind , sea, sickness , disease and many other things you do not . He heard the Fathers voice 24/7 you can’t , He saw the Father working and touch have never seen the Father nor heard His voice according to Jesus. I could name plenty more reasons but these are more than enough to make the point .

Maybe you need to describe perfection.
Thats easy -- Love. Love is the only perfect thing on this planet that never changes, everything else changes. It is the same yesterday as it is today and will be the same tomorrow, for God who is Love, the spirit of, and I am the temple of Him is the only perfection there is.
Peter was a Spiritual child of God yet denied Jesus.
Peter, like Jesus in Matt 3:16, didnt know God either until God came to him as He did Jesus and spend up who He is in that man. That is where Jesus and {ever became like God to know Him and all of His heaven. Note the before and afters Gods SPAirit reveals Himself in these and see the difference in their teachings.

You cant relate to that same revelation can you?
You totally ignored that fact
If I did it wasn't on purpose for I always address peoples accusations.

For starters Jesus is the only begotten Son of God , the Messiah and you are not .
All who has received from God are His only begotten sons. There is no other way to be His only son is to be His child as Jesus was His child by receiving from our Father His anointing, Christ in me.

Begotten simply means born of. You are not born of God that is very obvious for you think Jesus was the only one to know his God that He obeyed, and prayed to just as all of God sons do. You would have to be His child to understand the Father is all.
He was sinless and you are not ,
Everyone is sinless who has received from God His same mind, anointing. We who are born of God it is imp[ossible to be in sin. 1 John 3:9. you cant relate to that can you and you dont even know why that you cant.
He had power over sin, death , devil , demons , wind , sea, sickness , disease and many other things you do not .
What you means is you do not. but these signs do follow us who believe, it is that you just dont believe Him is all to be that person of Christ yourself as Gopd commands of you if you are to be of Him.
He heard the Fathers voice 24/7 you can’t ,
What you mean is that you cant. We who has a from God that what Jesus had from Him are in constant communication with God, we pray without ceasing, and prayer simply is communication with God. I can not break away from Him, we are one. See Jesus prayer for you to be one in God as he was one in God in John 17.
He saw the Father working and touch have never seen the Father nor heard His voice according to Jesus.
Thats true and Jesus was very clear that God who is a spirit doesnt have flesh and bone as you see me.
I could name plenty more reasons but these are more than enough to make the point .
Actually you could express many more opinions spawned from lack in having in you the same mind as Jesus had in himself from God.

Peter, like Jesus in Matt 3:16, didnt know God either until God came to him
You are denying the scriptures again.

Matthew 10
20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

Matthew 13:
11He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven

16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear

You are denying the scriptures again.

Matthew 10
20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

that is exactly what I keep trying to convey to you, so did Jesus try conveying in you.
Matthew 13:
11He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven
And he said that though experience in Matt 3:16. Can even know what those mysteries are until you know the one who opens that what was closed to your mind.
16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear
Yes, same hearing from God as Jesus heard from Him no different at all.

1. The Philosophical Character of Gnosticism​

Everyone should read who Gnostics are but because of typical religious beliefs where people make up their own rules for a belief about a god, or some here have three of them, and mind you beliefs are not real they are speculation and go as far to make laws to govern their beliefs and anything outside their finite understanding actually accuse Jesus who was gnostic, a liar. One can believe anything about a god.

Some here who say gnostics are not of God and His ways is a lie, dont know God. Here is the bases of Gnosis. It is the same thing Jesus taught. We are in this world but not of it.

1. The Philosophical Character of Gnosticism​

Gnosticism, as an intellectual product, is grounded firmly in the general human act of reflecting upon existence. The Gnostics were concerned with the basic questions of existence or “being-in-the-world” (Dasein)—that is: who we are (as human beings), where we have come from, and where we are heading, historically and spiritually (cf. Hans Jonas, The Gnostic Religion 1958, p. 334). These questions lie at the very root of philosophical thinking; but the answers provided by the Gnostics go beyond philosophical speculation toward the realm of religious doctrine and mysticism. However, it is impossible to understand fully the meaning of Gnosticism without beginning at the philosophical level, and orienting oneself accordingly. Since any orientation toward an ancient phenomenon must always proceed by way of contemporary ideas and habits of mind, an interpretative discussion of Gnostic thinking as it applies to Psychology, Existentialism, and Hermeneutics, is not amiss here. Once we have understood, to the extent of our ability, the philosophical import of Gnostic ideas, and how they relate to contemporary philosophical issues, then we may enter into the historical milieu of the Gnostics with some degree of confidence—a confidence devoid, to the extent that this is possible, of tainting exegetical presuppositions.

a. Psychology​

Who are we? The answer to this question involves an account (logos) of the nature of the soul (psukhê or psyche); and the attempt to provide an answer has accordingly been dubbed the science or practice of “psychology”—an account of the soul or mind (psukhê, in ancient Greek, denoted both soul, as the principle of life, and mind, as the principle of intellect). Carl Jung, drawing upon Gnostic mythical schemas, identified the objectively oriented consciousness with the material or “fleshly” part of humankind—that is, with the part of the human being that is, according to the Gnostics, bound up in the cosmic cycle of generation and decay, and subject to the bonds of fate and time (cf. Apocryphon of John [Codex II] 28:30). The human being who identifies him/herself with the objectively existing world comes to construct a personality, a sense of self, that is, at base, fully dependent upon the ever-changing structures of temporal existence. The resulting lack of any sense of permanence, of autonomy, leads such an individual to experience anxieties of all kinds, and eventually to shun the mysterious and collectively meaningful patterns of human existence in favor of a private and stifling subjective context, in the confines of which life plays itself out in the absence of any reference to a greater plan or scheme. Hopelessness, atheism, despair, are the results of such an existence. This is not the natural end of the human being, though; for, according to Jung (and the Gnostics) the temporally constructed self is not the true self. The true self is the supreme consciousness existing and persisting beyond all space and time. Jung calls this the pure consciousness or Self, in contradistinction to the “ego consciousness” which is the temporally constructed and maintained form of a discrete existent (cf. C.G. Jung, “Gnostic Symbols of the Self,” in The Gnostic Jung 1992, pp. 55-92). This latter form of “worldly” consciousness the Gnostics identified with soul (psukhê), while the pure or true Self they identified with spirit (pneuma)—that is, mind relieved of its temporal contacts and context. This distinction had an important career in Gnostic thought, and was adopted by St. Paul, most notably in his doctrine of the spiritual resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:44). The psychological or empirical basis of this view, which soon turns into a metaphysical or onto-theological attitude, is the recognized inability of the human mind to achieve its grandest designs while remaining subject to the rigid law and order of a disinterested and aloof cosmos. The spirit-soul distinction (which of course translates into, or perhaps presupposes, the more fundamental mind-body distinction) marks the beginning of a transcendentalist and soteriological attitude toward the cosmos and temporal existence in general.

Not many here actually know what Jesus taught because they have their own beliefs, putting themselves about the teacher that God sent to show you what it is to have the same as Jesus had from God as gnostics know to be true through the same experience Jesus went though with his God in Matt 3:16. We can identify with the very same. If you are not as Jesus was in the Father then we all can understand how you would think that the ways of Jesus as a gnostic is a lie because you have created yopuor own gods, and even denomination has different laws to govern their gods in a belief about a god with noting in realty.

Just ask any of these if God is come to them as He came to Jesus and opened up who He is ands all of His heaven in that ma -- which is pure Gnosticism. His way is evil for many here. That is why most put Jesus on ignore in his day and had him crucified for blaspheme just as many here accuse his ways of, and even treat me the same way Jesus was treated and put me on ignore for the very same reason they did Jesus, only difference is they were able to crucify him, just as here in this forum they had, and have today, a different belief from the reality of God that Jesus received in Matt 3:16.
Propaganda

Propaganda
That is because to have Gods Spirit as He commands of you as gnostics know to be true that obviously upon reject is why His ways is propaganda.

The real truth is He is at your door this day, and anyone who will open that door, He will come to you and sup with you and be in you just as gnostics teach and Jesus taught the same thing.

Your propaganda is Gods spirit does not reside in man as gnostics know is true and teach. Jesus taught it. See John 17.

That is because to have Gods Spirit as He commands of you as gnostics know to be true....
Self-refuting No True Scotsman fallacious appeal to purity that demonstrates an utter lack of Spirit. The Spirit never deploys fallacy. That's what devils do.

Why don't you tell us exactly what it is Gnostics believe. What is it that makes a Gnostic gnostic?

Back