The Problem of Natural Evil... Again

As a CARM fundie, let me ask you this: Are you incapable of providing an example of a CARM fundie doubling down after being "provided correct information" about something they said that is incorrect?
Start at post #111 and read down to post #120.

Don’t take it personal. Many people like a comedy team, for example, Moe, Larry, and Curly.
Well fundie it looks like you've come up empty.

I went outside and the elements assured me they are not evil. Which seems about an equal testimony as your claims.

Why doesn't this avenue of free will living result in the same outcome of finding God if all rivers do in fact lead to that source? Why is this not clearly seen by 2 people, you and me, I, who will match your rebellious hedonism step for step. Why doesn't free will expose the same underlying truth of reality to us?
There's no such thing as free will except for the free will to know who you are. Don't take this to think I believe in determinism because there is no one to be determined.

Is it yet another form of mocking those who actually want to discuss the issue to falsely charge people who use the term 'natural evil' with thinking that wind or earthquakes are actually evil? Why do people do it? Are they just inherently dishonest? Are they really completely ignorant of what the term means?

Is it yet another form of mocking those who actually want to discuss the issue to falsely charge people who use the term 'natural evil' with thinking that wind or earthquakes are actually evil?
I enjoined for a poster to flesh out this natural evil thingy.

Maybe you can do it.

So, wind and earthquakes are not actually evil?
Why do people do it? Are they just inherently dishonest? Are they really completely ignorant of what the term means?

Could you expand on this? Sounds intriguing.
There is only one event. All the separate things people believe in are not separate. We are something the entire universe is doing much like a wave is something the entire ocean does.

A leaf pulled from a tree withers, a branch taken from a tree withers, the tree taken from the ground withers. Everything is connected. We are good at separating things and naming these so called separate parts but they are really not separate.

So you have the free will to understand who you are (You are it) but there is no one to be determined.

I enjoined for a poster to flesh out this natural evil thingy.

Maybe you can do it.

So, wind and earthquakes are not actually evil?
No, you didn't. If you actually seriously wanted it "fleshed out" you wouldn't act the way you do. I'd already know (which I'm sure you do) or go look it up. The way you constantly attack and insult demonstrates that you don't care what it actually means; you just care how you can caricature it to insult with.

There is only one event. All the separate things people believe in are not separate. We are something the entire universe is doing much like a wave is something the entire ocean does.

A leaf pulled from a tree withers, a branch taken from a tree withers, the tree taken from the ground withers. Everything is connected. We are good at separating things and naming these so called separate parts but they are really not separate.

So you have the free will to understand who you are (You are it) but there is no one to be determined.
Thanks for expanding for me. Sadly, beyond "we are all connected" (which is axiomatic but really meaningless) I do not understand what you are trying to say, particualrly your last sentence.

Thanks for expanding for me. Sadly, beyond "we are all connected" (which is axiomatic but really meaningless) I do not understand what you are trying to say, particualrly your last sentence.
I will try to expand further. It goes further than "we are all connected" there is only one event a happening you're happening there and I am happening here. We are all something that God, the universe, the Tao whatever name you like is doing. That is what I mean by we are it.

So since there is only one event happening there cannot be anyone being determined.

No, you didn't. If you actually seriously wanted it "fleshed out" you wouldn't act the way you do. I'd already know (which I'm sure you do) or go look it up. The way you constantly attack and insult demonstrates that you don't care what it actually means; you just care how you can caricature it to insult with.
Well if you can't explain where the evil is in it, I can't be faulted for not believing it.

It sounds a little ridiculous to me. Where in science is this evil 'force' of some sort? Is it in the water, is it in the concept, what?

If the causing of harm means evil to you, is nature itself evil?

There is just nothing in science that conjures evil, just natural forces acting naturally and logically.

What I call a hurricane you call your chance to wait it out and be killed or flee. Or walking outside in a lightning storm and getting zapped, or getting on a small boat and going out on the ocean.

Do you think there is evil in nature, and equally there is stupidity in nature?

Maybe what you mean is nature is dangerous.

I will try to expand further. It goes further than "we are all connected" there is only one event a happening you're happening there and I am happening here. We are all something that God, the universe, the Tao whatever name you like is doing. That is what I mean by we are it.
So the "one event" - is that everything? The entire universe through its history is just one event? Is that what you mean?

So since there is only one event happening there cannot be anyone being determined.
But that's just sophistry. Clearly there are points in my life where I at least have the illusion of making a choice and, based on that choice, different things can occur. Either that choice is freely made or it is determined.

Well if you can't explain where the evil is in it, I can't be faulted for not believing it.

It sounds a little ridiculous to me. Where in science is this evil 'force' of some sort? Is it in the water, is it in the concept, what?

If the causing of harm means evil to you, is nature itself evil?

There is just nothing in science that conjures evil, just natural forces acting naturally and logically.

What I call a hurricane you call your chance to wait it out and be killed or flee. Or walking outside in a lightning storm and getting zapped, or getting on a small boat and going out on the ocean.

Do you think there is evil in nature, and equally there is stupidity in nature?

Maybe what you mean is nature is dangerous.
Thanks for (again) demonstrating my point.

So the "one event" - is that everything? The entire universe through its history is just one event? Is that what you mean?

But that's just sophistry. Clearly there are points in my life where I at least have the illusion of making a choice and, based on that choice, different things can occur. Either that choice is freely made or it is determined.
Yes that is what I mean. There is one event happening. So nothing happens to you, there is just a happening.

I would say it is not sophistry, but common sense. You feel separate from your experiences but you're not. That is the illusion. Since you are not separate from your experiences you do not have free will or determinism.

There is no one to be determined.

Yes that is what I mean. There is one event happening. So nothing happens to you, there is just a happening.
That's false as a matter of fact. Things do happen to us, whether there is "just a happening" (whatever that means) or not.
I would say it is not sophistry, but common sense. You feel separate from your experiences but you're not. That is the illusion. Since you are not separate from your experiences you do not have free will or determinism.
Again, that's just sophistry. Who cares? What functional difference does it make to anything? It's just like the brain-in-a-vat argument. You can't prove either of them true, you can't prove either of them false (you can't even provide the slightest evidence for or against either of them), and neither of them make any functional difference to anything.

They're both just things someone thought up without the slightest evidence and, for some reason, decided to claim to be true.
There is no one to be determined.
You're not even responding to my point.

Clearly there are points in my life where I at least have the illusion of making a choice and, based on that choice, different things can occur. Either that choice is freely made or it is determined. To say neither is true or that such points do not exist is to literally make no sense.

Back