The problem with limiting the scope of 1 Tim. 2:4.

ReverendRV

You mention a poster who came onto the forum pretending not to be convinced about Calvinism, but quickly showed the forum that their mind was already 100% made up about calvinism. How do you teach a person like that?
By using the Spiritual Gift of Teaching, duh...

Teach him by using the way he learns. Some Learners are Visual Learners; I learn by repitition. Johnny has told you over and over again how he learns. You can't Teach; but prove me wrong...

ReverendRV

Too late. Even the pastors at my current church have sat in meetings with me where I been explaing Biblical truths. So there is no hope for my current church,
But, you can rejoice that the other churches I taught at, I no longer attend
That's confusing. It sounds like no Church liked your teaching. That's gotta be proof you don't have the Spiritual Gift of Teaching...

G

guest1

I did not claim that I was a good teacher. But I do have a teaching gift that became part of my life after I was saved. Various churches have asked me to teach in a few different venues. So people who know me andwho are not seeking to discredit me with any twisting of my words, have given me a place in each church I have belonged to. The Bible teaches that if you have a gift, the church will make a place for it and that happens with me. I get invited to use my gift
And I’m willing to bet not one person on this forum would recommend you lead an adult Bible study at their church

preacher4truth

I am anything but undetected in my church.
You don't even understand my point, nor Judes. You're the dangerous false teacher described.
All the pastors know me and have heard me talk about the Bible and how I understand it.
So according to you, if we follow your line of reasoning, the whole church is doctrinally off
If you're there teaching they're doctrinally off, and frankly foolish for ever allowing you to "teach."

G

guest1

Too late. Even the pastors at my current church have sat in meetings with me where I been explaing Biblical truths. So there is no hope for my current church,
But, you can rejoice that the other churches I taught at, I no longer attend
@Sethproton Did you tell them Jesus is no longer a man in those meetings ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo1689

Surely you are aware that jesus was not able to teach the phraisees and Sadducces because their minds were closed to hm.

Nope, I can't find that verse anywhere (and you refuse to ever give citations, so nobody can find it either). But your false teaching is contradicted by the following, which IS an actual verse:

Matt. 22:34 But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.

You mention a poster who came onto the forum pretending not to be convinced about Calvinism, but quickly showed the forum that their mind was already 100% made up about calvinism.

Why do you constantly MISREPRESENT people, seth?
The poster has EXPLICITLY said (multiple times) that he rejects "L", and isn't sure about either "U" or "I".

So exactly what does "100%" mean in YOUR world?

How do you teach a person like that?

Maybe you should ask me.
He seems to appreciate my posts, even when he disagrees with some things I teach.

ReverendRV

The majority of what I teach is standard Christianity. I have a few ideas that i see differently. But here on this forum where the Calvinists soak in each others juices,they try to portray mainstream Christianity as an aberrant tecahing
Mainstream, hunh? Then why are we to be glad you left the Churches you taught at, and your Church has no Hope? Are those Churches not Mainstream?

I bet they are...

Theo1689

The majority of what I teach is standard Christianity. I have a few ideas that i see differently. But here on this forum where the Calvinists soak in each others juices,they try to portray mainstream Christianity as an aberrant tecahing

I'm almost postive that I've NEVER called anything you've posted, "aberrant tecahing". ;)