The problem with the American elite

What does that even mean? You think people are bigoted because they disagree with homosexuality?
No, I think some religious people are bigoted because they are bigoted. A good number of Christians right here on this site meet the definition (as do many Muslims)

adjective: bigoted
  1. obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

No, I think some religious people are bigoted because they are bigoted. A good number of Christians right here on this site meet the definition (as do many Muslims)

adjective: bigoted
  1. obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

I don't know of any that meet that definition. Not agreeing with someone's lifestyle is not bigoted at all....but I do know many that live that lifestyle are bigoted toward anyone that disagrees with the way they live.

I don't know of any that meet that definition. Not agreeing with someone's lifestyle is not bigoted at all....but I do know many that live that lifestyle are bigoted toward anyone that disagrees with the way they live.
Then you don't pay much attention to the forum.

Of course I do.

I see much more 'bigotry' from non Christians against Christians simply for believing the bible.
No one gives a flying fart if you believe the bible. What people care about is when you then try to take those beliefs and force them onto others using the government and laws as a weapon.

"Belief" is a pretty ambiguous word in this context; everything else follows from it. Happily we don't have to leave it at that because our founding documents specify the civic axioms on which this discussion must take place. "We hold these truths to be self evident that all men were created." Dilemma resolved!

If you said that the country is not a theocracy I agree with you.

Except in the realm of public policy the civic axiom is "We hold these truths to be self evident that all men were created."
We hold these truths to be self evident that all men were created EQUAL

Why did you leave out the end of that phrase? the point is not creation, it is equality.

I said we live in a secular country, which is not a theocracy, but also not in accord with what you seem to want.

If you insist that marriage is what it actually is, then you could be subject to criminal sanction depending on the circumstances. The free exercise clause says that the government cannot stand between a man and his conscience before God. That would be precisely the effect of this legislation.
So IOW the govt cannot force you to get gay married, but it also cannot force gay people to be beholden to your religious view of marriage.

"And God spake all these words, saying," - Exodus 20:1 KJV

"And Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said unto them, These [are] the words which the LORD hath commanded, that [ye] should do them." - Exodus 35:1 KJV

Jesus said to the apostles who superintended the writing of the New Testament…

"But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." - John 14:26 KJV

The gospels contains the teaching of Jesus Christ who is God in the second person of the trinity but Luke sets the tone for the rest of the New Testament when he says…

"The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:" - Acts 1:1-2 KJV

This makes it clear that the rest of the New Testament is still the teaching of Jesus.

So you're going to dictate your interpretation of the Bible based on your understanding of other disciplines and imposing that on American citizens through policy, in violation of the first amendment? There's no dispute that, that is what you're doing. The dispute is whether or not it's legal under the Bill of Rights.
When you run out of actual arguments that might make sense in a secular country, you resort to Biblical passages that resonate only with the already converted.

What the Bible says is relevant to how you live your life, but is not relevant to how we, together, run the country.

Every application. Every. single. thing.
A non-answer. How can you possibly claim that everyone in the USA should be subject to your particular religious beliefs?
Would you be OK if MY religious beliefs were enshrined in law? If not, why not?

What does that even mean? You think people are bigoted because they disagree with homosexuality?
No. Disagreement is fine. Attempting to prevent gay people from equal rights goes beyond simple disagreement.

No. Disagreement is fine.
Attempting to prevent gay people from equal rights goes beyond simple disagreement.

Wrong….more homosexuals are offended that Christians disagree with their lifestyles when the fact is that most Christians don’t care about their lifestyle, they just don’t want it shoved down their throats. Just as I refuse to pretend a man dressed as a woman is a woman. I don’t care if he does, but I’ll have no part of or play along with his delusion.

Then perhaps you should qualify.
Are you saying you are OK with SSM as it does not impact you?
I think it’s sick and twisted, but I don’t care what they do, just don’t shove your lifestyle down my throat. Don’t expect me to go to your gay wedding or bake your cake.

The elite of the Democrat Party want to destroy the country. The elite of the Republican Party want to meet them halfway.

Case in point, the Orwellianly named "respect for marriage act."
80% of the young males entering the correction system are raised in a home where their father is not present. Marriage?

A greatly reduced number of homes with 2 married parents rank in the poverty level.

I know this is about the LGBLTP Make it "legal" and punish you if you call it sin.

80% of the young males entering the correction system are raised in a home where their father is not present. Marriage?

A greatly reduced number of homes with 2 married parents rank in the poverty level.

I know this is about the LGBLTP Make it "legal" and punish you if you call it sin.
Exactly. That’s what they want. To be able to persecute those that call sin, sin.

Wrong….more homosexuals are offended that Christians disagree with their lifestyles when the fact is that most Christians don’t care about their lifestyle, they just don’t want it shoved down their throats. Just as I refuse to pretend a man dressed as a woman is a woman. I don’t care if he does, but I’ll have no part of or play along with his delusion.
What do you mean by "shoved down their throats"?
A gay married teacher in your local school?
A gay couple moving in next door?
A gay couple having their rehearsal dinner in your favorite restaurant?
A gay couple attending your church?
Gay couples getting the same tax breaks as heterosexual couples?

Back