The Prophet Nephi: He's Not a Nut, He NEVER Existed

So what core doctrines of the LDS religion has been added to the Pearl of Great Price that were deleted from the Bible ?

Some truths revealed in the Pearl of Great Price​

• Adam was taught the Plan of Salvation and made sacrifices in the similitude of Christ’s eternal sacrifice.
  • All prophets, beginning with Adam, have known of and testified of Jesus the Christ and His atonement.
  • Moses was shown many visions by the Lord and saw all the inhabitants of the earth. Moses was tempted by Satan, but withstood Satan’s influence Moses 1:12–23.
  • “As far as men on this earth are concerned, evil had its beginning in pre-(mortal) existence. The Eternal Father begat spirit children, ordained laws to enable them to progress, and endowed them with free agency. Disobedience to those laws was in its nature evil, and consequently without the possibility of committing evil there could be no hope of progression toward exaltation. Lucifer and one-third of the spirit hosts of heaven chose evil rather than good, failed to exercise their free agency in righteousness, and finally coming out in open rebellion against the Lord, they were cast out onto the earth and denied (mortal) bodies. (Moses 4:1–4; Abr. 3:24–28; D&C 29:36–40; Rev. 12:7–13.)” (Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, [Bookcraft, 1966], p. 245.)
  • “Secret combinations,” or evil oaths, began with Cain and have been in existence on the earth from the beginning. These combinations are revealed and encouraged by Satan himself (Moses 5:29–30; Moses 5:51–55).
  • We lived with God before we were born onto the earth (Abraham 3:22).
  • Enoch preached of Christ, established a city, and led a people so righteous, that they were “translated” and taken into heaven ( Moses 7).
  • Adam kept a book of remembrance that was passed down through the prophets to Abraham (Abraham 1:28, 31).
  • Adam was baptized and came to understand the fall, the atonement, faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, and the laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost, as well as the doctrines of justification and sanctification. Adam’s spiritual rebirth was attested to and his possession of priesthood after the order of the Son of God was announced. (See Moses 6:15–68.)
  • Abraham was taught principles of astronomy by God. Abraham traveled to Egypt and conveyed this knowledge in the high courts of the Egyptians.

Do we worship multiple gods? No, we worship one God, in the name of His Son?

why is Tri-unity the standard of the "true" God, when it's not even in the Bible?
The Bible that you don't believe has been translated correctly teaches the Triune God. We've explained the Trinity multiple times. We've refuted your god who isn't god. Do you worship Christ as do and did His followers? No, you worship a supposed man who earned his supposed godhood and is supposedly a father to Christ and Satan.

Acts 7:59
59And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

The supposed Nephites worshiped the Mormon christ according to Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon.

The Bible that you don't believe has been translated correctly teaches the Triune God.
This is merely your assumption.
We've explained the Trinity multiple times.
Any I've offered an alternative perspective multiple times.
We've refuted your god who isn't god.
And I've refuted those refutations.
Do you worship Christ as do and did His followers?
Yes.
No, you worship a supposed man who earned his supposed godhood and is supposedly a father to Christ and Satan.
No, I don't.
Acts 7:59
59And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Save it for the Trinity board.

The supposed Nephites worshiped the Mormon christ according to Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon.
That would only make sense, wouldn't it?

So God says KJ is more respectful than modern English? Do German Mormons use KJ ?

Why aren't your other scriptures KJV?
It seems that no matter what one does, there will always be a person available to complain about it. We can be sure there will be no end to it.

Mormons don't worship Jesus unless they worship more than one god.

No, I don't.
Mormons who worship the father "Elohim" are worshiping a man who is said to have earned his godhood.

President Joseph F. Smith taught:
"I know that God is a being with body, parts, and passions. . .Man was born of woman; Christ the Savior, was born of woman, and God, the Father was born of woman" (Church News, 19 Sept. 1936, p. 2)

Search These Commandments, Melchizedek Priesthood Personal Study Guide, copyright 1984, p. 152,

D&C 130:22
The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a persnage of Spirit.

Obedience isn't necessarily worship. You obey the Bible. Does that mean you worship the Bible? No, of course not. You probably recognize God's authority through the Bible.

Likewise, I am deeply grateful and thankful for what Jesus did for me. (Cue in "I stand all Amazed".) I honor, respect, and love Jesus, but it is not Him I worship. I worship God in His name. Jesus even said He did not come in his own name. (John 5:43) Jesus can, and does, have all the authority of God (Colossians 2:9), but I only worship the source of that authority.

Likewise, I maintain that the word 'god' in the Bible can be defined as anyone having God's divine authority. Adam became like God, when he was given agency, the ability to choose good and evil. Those given the power to judge or rule are called 'gods' in the scriptures.
Mormons who worship the father "Elohim" are worshiping a man who is said to have earned his godhood.
Did Jesus have the ability to lose his godhood when being tempted by Satan?
Is Jesus "fully man" as much as he is "fully God"?
Do you worship Jesus?

If you answered "yes" to these three questions, you too may also be worshipping a man who is said to have earned his godhood.
Now, that's an awful way to characterize Christ, yet those are your words, not mine.

"I know that God is a being with body, parts, and passions. . .Man was born of woman; Christ the Savior, was born of woman, and God, the Father was born of woman" (Church News, 19 Sept. 1936, p. 2)

Search These Commandments, Melchizedek Priesthood Personal Study Guide, copyright 1984, p. 152,
Show the scriptural backing of God the Father's birth, and then I'll accept it. Until then I'm considering it speculative.
D&C 130:22
The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit.
Define 'physical' when even spirits consist of matter in 131:7.

Jesus is one of us. He was born the same way we were. He died the same way we will. He has a God and a Father, the same God and Father as we do. It is that God we worship as Jesus taught. His purpose is to bring us to His Father. That's what he spent his life doing. If you aren't following Christ, you can't get to the Father.
Do you mean that he earned it the same way Jesus did? Then most certainly, that is who we worship. BTW, Elohim is a word that implies a plurality of Gods. The proper vernacular is "Mormons worship God the Father..." And, yes; we believe He is a man. The same as Jesus is a man. There are a couple of biological proofs that this is true. Namely, if Jesus is human and his mother is human, then it stands to reason that Jesus' Father is also human.

This is just more evidence that our critics don't know what they worship, much less who they worship.
Yep. Logic dictates.

Obedience isn't necessarily worship.
I never said it was. Are you disagreeing with someone else and accidentally addressing that to me?

You obey the Bible. Does that mean you worship the Bible?
I obey God. The Bible tells us truth and God's will.

No, of course not. You probably recognize God's authority through the Bible.
I love the Trinity. I believe God is Sovereign. I believe the Bible is God's word.

Likewise, I am deeply grateful and thankful for what Jesus did for me. (Cue in "I stand all Amazed".) I honor, respect, and love Jesus, but it is not Him I worship.
That sounds like Mormon teaching.

I asked: Do you worship Christ as did and do His followers?" I didn't ask about the Bible.
You answered, "Yes." Why did you answer, "Yes?" Now you say that you don't worship Jesus.

Come back when you have an understanding of who or what you worship. If you don't believe what Mormons teach go to another site or become a Christian.

I worship only one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You are at a Trinitarian site. I assume you know that.

I never said it was.
Great. I'm glad we agree on that.
Are you disagreeing with someone else and accidentally addressing that to me?
No. I clarified what worship entails, as a premise to support statements that followed in response to "Mormons don't worship Jesus unless they worship more than one god."
I obey God.
Ok.
The Bible tells us truth and God's will.
Exactly! And Jesus is the Word of God, and possesses all of God's authority.
I love the Trinity. I believe God is Sovereign. I believe the Bible is God's word.
So do you agree that you recognize God's authority through the Bible?
That sounds like Mormon teaching.
Most likely so, since you believe God to be a Being rather that a person.
I asked: Do you worship Christ as did and do His followers?" I didn't ask about the Bible.
You answered, "Yes." Why did you answer, "Yes?" Now you say that you don't worship Jesus.
Because I fell for your loaded question. I do worship Christ as his true followers do, meaning they also worship God in the name of Christ. Hence, this is why I'm distinguishing the difference between obedience and worship.
See posts #38 and #40 for clarification.

Come back when you have an understanding of who or what you worship. If you don't believe what Mormons teach go to another site or become a Christian.
Wow! It seems that you're playing "gotcha", and you care more about winning, than speaking truth, having amnesia of our conversation, just so you can unfairly mischaracterize and discredit me. Is this what Christians do? No, they don't.
I worship only one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Glad to hear it.
You are at a Trinitarian site. I assume you know that.
I'm glad you acknowledged that. It's too as bad they can't name this site TARM.

Great. I'm glad we agree on that.

No. I clarified what worship entails, as a premise to support statements that followed in response to "Mormons don't worship Jesus unless they worship more than one god."

Mormons worship "Elohim," their nickname for the father. If they claim to also worship Jesus, they are polytheists.
Ok.

Exactly! And Jesus is the Word of God, and possesses all of God's authority.
Jesus IS God. Your language is foreign to me.

So do you agree that you recognize God's authority through the Bible?

Most likely so, since you believe God to be a Being rather that a person.

The Bible is God breathed. What are you talking about when you ask that question? God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Because I fell for your loaded question. I do worship Christ as his true followers do, meaning they also worship God in the name of Christ. Hence, this is why I'm distinguishing the difference between obedience and worship.
See posts #38 and #40 for clarification.

Wow! It seems that you're playing "gotcha", and you care more about winning, than speaking truth, having amnesia of our conversation, just so you can unfairly mischaracterize and discredit me. Is this what Christians do? No, they don't.
I'm not mischaracterizing anyone or discrediting anyone. I'm stating the truth and you want to find fault with me for believing true Christianity. I'm not in a contest with you or anyone else.

Glad to hear it.

I'm glad you acknowledged that. It's too as bad they can't name this site TARM.
I'm returning you to my ignore list. Have a nice time if you can.

Mormons worship "Elohim," their nickname for the father.
Yes. The Bible calls God "Elohim" also. Go figure.
If they claim to also worship Jesus, they are polytheists
I'll start caring about your labels after you can explain how 1 equals 3.
Jesus IS God. Your language is foreign to me.
John 5:43 I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
The Bible is God breathed.
A simple yes would suffice.
What are you talking about when you ask that question?
What do you mean what do I mean? Do you believe God a person?
God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Is that a person or a Being?
I'm not mischaracterizing anyone or discrediting anyone.
Of course you are. You tried to tell me I don't know what I worship after I explicitly told you twice.
I'm stating the truth and you want to find fault with me for believing true Christianity.
Hardly. I'm on the Mormonism board defending my religion. If I wanted to attack your religion, I'd go on the Trinity board.
I'm not in a contest with you or anyone else.
Great. Then let's just be honest and stop playing "gotcha" games.
I'm returning you to my ignore list. Have a nice time if you can.
Because you're the life of the party or something? Lol! ✌️

Mormon confusion illustrated by Bruce R McConkie

Plurality of Gods

See ADAM-GOD THEORY, CHRIST, FALSE GODS, FATHER IN HEAVEN, GODHEAD, GODHOOD, HOLY GHOST, POLYTHEISM. Three separate personages — Father, Son, and Holy Ghost — comprise the Godhead. As each of these persons is a God, it is evident, from this standpoint alone, that a plurality of Gods exists. To us, speaking in the proper finite sense, these three are the only Gods we worship. But in addition there is an infinite number of holy personages, drawn from worlds without number, who have passed on to exaltation and are thus gods.

Monotheism

See ATHEISM, DEISM, GOD, HENOTHEISM, PLURALITY OF GODS, POLYTHEISM THEISM. Monotheism is the doctrine or belief that there is but one God. If this is properly interpreted to mean that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost — each of whom is a separate and distinct godly personage — are one God, meaning one Godhead, then true saints are monotheists. Professing Christians consider themselves monotheists as distinguished from polytheists, those pagan peoples who believe in a host of gods whose powers are exercised only in their own fields.

Henotheism

See ATHEISM, DEISM, GOD, MONOTHEISM, POLYTHEISM, THEISM. Henotheism is the belief in and worship of one God without at the same time denying that others can with equal truth worship different gods. It is falsely taught in the sectarian world that Abraham, for instance, was a henotheist that is, that he worshiped the Almighty, but that at the same time he considered that other nations could worship their own gods with equally beneficial results. This apostate view is erroneously considered to be one step advanced from polytheism and one step behind the final type of monotheism that was in process of evolving. Mormon Doctrine Bruce R McConkie

Polytheism

See APOSTASY, ATHEISM, DEISM, FALSE GODS, GOD, HENOTHEISM, MONOTHEISM, PLURALITY OF GODS, THEISM. Primitive and pagan peoples often believe in and worship many supposed gods. They imagine that there are gods of birth, marriage, and death, of war and peace, of the mountains, forests, and plains, and so forth.

It is falsely supposed by uninspired religious scholars that Yahweh or Jehovah was the tribal God of the Hebrew peoples, that he gradually came to have pre-eminence over the gods of other nations, and that he was finally accepted as the One Supreme Being. The fact is, however, that monotheism did not grow out of polytheism, rather polytheistic concepts are apostate perversions of the original truth about God which was revealed to Adam and the ancient patriarchs.

It should be remembered that polytheism has reference to pagan deities to whom reverence, devotion, and worship are given. It is not to be confused with the gospel truth that there are "gods many, and lords many, But to us there is but one God, the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Cor. 8:4-7.) The saints are not polytheists.

We have no information, at this time, as to the mortal life or ministry of Elias. Apparently he lived in the days of Abraham, but whether he was Abraham, or Melchizedek, or some other prophet, we do not know.

Back