The RCC teaches are refuted by scripture

So, how do you purpose we become perfect, and NEVER sin?

So, how is that working out for you? Do you still need to go to confession? Or are you finally perfect, never sinning, so you no longer need to go to confession?
Paul tells us in 8:3-4.

You are interpreting scripture. A person is saved by faith alone and not by works is not exactly what God says in his word, it is what the nCCs are saying.
Not always needed to be interpreted at all. I mean how hard is it to understand not by works.

You still have failed to tell us what these works are? I mean obviously you think they need to be done for us to be saved but you kept it as secret knowledge. Must be a gnostic belief.

Not always needed to be interpreted at all. I mean how hard is it to understand not by works.

You still have failed to tell us what these works are? I mean obviously you think they need to be done for us to be saved but you kept it as secret knowledge. Must be a gnostic belief.
Not by works of the law.

Not by works of the law.
Yep we got that from your replies but you still fail to answer the actual question. What are the works needed? It is a simple question, you must know the answer, as you are basing your future on the answer. But you must be careful not to make the sin of presumption.

So name those saving works, if you can, if you can not then there are no works to do.

You are interpreting scripture. A person is saved by faith alone and not by works is not exactly what God says in his word, it is what the nCCs are saying.
yes, it exactly is what He says in His word. the verses have been posted many times here, plus you claim to have read the bible many times. you don't want to see His truth. why do you think that is?

According to the Bible itself, no supposed spiritual authority such as the Roman Catholic Church, outside the "sacred writings" of Holy Scripture, can give us wisdom that leads to salvation. No papal decrees, no oral tradition, no latter-day prophecy can contain truth apart from Scripture that is genuinely fundamental.

That is not all that Paul states.

Romans 8:3-4, "For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and to deal with sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, so that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
So, how is the "just requirement of the Law" fulfilled in us? How do we walk "according to the Spirit" and not according to the flesh? What is your understanding here about this?

He just posted scripture.

Paul writes that we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by works so no one may boast. The word "alone" isn't there, but if we are saved by grace through faith and not by works--what is there left to be saved by?

In Titus he writes that "He saved us, NOT on the basis of works which we have done in righteousness, but on account of His mercy..."

What are "works done in righteousness"?

Please give me a straight answer to these two questions.

He just posted scripture.

Paul writes that we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by works so no one may boast. The word "alone" isn't there, but if we are saved by grace through faith and not by works--what is there left to be saved by?

In Titus he writes that "He saved us, NOT on the basis of works which we have done in righteousness, but on account of His mercy..."

What are "works done in righteousness"?

Please give me a straight answer to these two questions.
So we can conclude that scripture alone really isn't the final/sole authority for the nCCs. They are deceiving us into thinking that it is.

Love is never earned, it is freely given. What loving parent makes their children earn their love? God loves us, and so He freely gives us grace, and salvation, simply because He wants to. We have this impression from Scripture as a whole.

Scripture; both OT and NT NEVER commands us to earn or do anything to deserve God's love.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

In the above verse, where is the earning, or deserving? Jesus was given. Not earned.

Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Revelation 22:17
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Romans 3:24
and are justified by his grace as a gift,

Romans 5:15-16
But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.

So we can conclude that scripture alone really isn't the final/sole authority for the nCCs. They are deceiving us into thinking that it is.
So, WE can conclude that you are unable, or unwilling, to answer my two simple questions in my last post, since your post here has nothing to do with those questions:

1. IF we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by works, what is there left to be saved by?

2. What did Paul mean by "works done in righteousness' that we are NOT saved by?

Now, kindly answer these two questions.

Isn't that what your church does too? If I go to your church would I be required to believe:

- that a person is saved by faith alone and not by works?
- that the bread and wine are symbolic?

I can't speak for peanutgallery, but I can speak for me. The pastors at every church I have attended, NEVER tell us to listen to them only and no one else, like the Rcc does. We are encouraged to open our bibles and read them for ourselves. Our faith is in Jesus, and no one else.

There are NO prayers TO mary, saints, or other dead people. All prayers are addresses TO God only.

And NO, we aren't cannibals!!

So, WE can conclude that you are unable, or unwilling, to answer my two simple questions in my last post, since your post here has nothing to do with those questions:

1. IF we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by works, what is there left to be saved by?

2. What did Paul mean by "works done in righteousness' that we are NOT saved by?

The works Paul is referring to are works of the law. We are not saved by works of the law that is the oc and it didn't work.

Bonnie said:

The works Paul is referring to are works of the law. We are not saved by works of the law that is the oc and it didn't work.
why do you say they are 'works of the law' ?

Because that was the big issue in the early church. Some Christians were saying that the Gentile believers needed to be circumcised and made to observe the law of Moses. The church decided no they don't.

Bonnie said:

mica said:

Because that was the big issue in the early church. Some Christians were saying that the Gentile believers needed to be circumcised and made to observe the law of Moses. The church decided no they don't.
that is not the same as 'works done in righteousness'.

then you don't know the difference between 'works of the law' and 'works done in righteousness'?

no one is saved by 'works done in righteousness' either. those are only works of God done by those who have been born again.

Last edited:
Back