The RCC teaches are refuted by scripture

The works Paul is referring to are works of the law. We are not saved by works of the law that is the oc and it didn't work.
Sorry, but that isn't true. Paul talks both about works of the law, good works done in righteousness, and simply "works." In the Ephesian verses, context shows us that he means good works:

"For it is by grace you are saved, through faith--and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God--and NOT of works, so no one may boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which He has prepared in advance for us to do, so that we may walk in them."

Paul does not pooh-pooh good works. But he points out that it is God Who enables us to do them and that we are created IN Christ Jesus to do them--which means we do them IN salvation, not FOR salvation."

And don't forget what Paul writes in Titus that "He saved us, NOT on account of works which we have done in righteousness, but on account of His mercy..."

What are works done in righteousness, if not good works? And Paul clearly says God saves us NOT on account of those but on account of HIS MERCY.

So, neither good works nor works of the Law help to save us. Faith in God's mercy shown to us in Christ Jesus' death on the cross and His resurrection DOES.

Last edited:
The works Paul is referring to are works of the law. We are not saved by works of the law that is the oc and it didn't work.
Still waiting for you to enlighten us. What are the works we must do? We know that you get saying not by works of law, but making yourself the so called expert on this topic please inform us

There would be no confusion as to what you mean, if you would stand up and clearly say what the works that save are.

Still waiting for you to enlighten us. What are the works we must do? We know that you get saying not by works of law, but making yourself the so called expert on this topic please inform us

There would be no confusion as to what you mean, if you would stand up and clearly say what the works that save are.
See Matthew 25:32-46.

I am still waiting for the verse that says we are saved by faith alone and not by works.

I am still waiting for the verse that says we are saved by faith alone and not by works.
And I am still waiting for an answer to my questions: IF we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by works, what else is there left to be saved by? And in Titus three, what are "works done in righteousness"?

Kindly read the following passage from Luke 7:

A Sinful Woman Forgiven​

36 One of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's house and reclined at table. 37 And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was reclining at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment, 38 and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head and kissed his feet and anointed them with the ointment. 39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner.” 40 And Jesus answering, said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he answered, “Say it, Teacher.”

41 “A certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more?” 43 Simon answered, “The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt.” And he said to him, “You have judged rightly.” 44 Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” 48 And he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 Then those who were at table with him began to say among[h] themselves, “Who is this, who even forgives sins?” 50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.

What did Jesus say actually saved the woman?

That would be most helpful, to know that.

And I am still waiting for an answer to my questions: IF we are saved by grace through faith and NOT by works, what else is there left to be saved by? And in Titus three, what are "works done in righteousness"?

Kindly read the following passage from Luke 7:

What did Jesus say actually saved the woman?

Jesus says very clearly in Matthew 25:32-46.

Paul also tells us very clearly in Romans 2:6-7.

Once again you are wrong.
Very much so! Nowhere does the Bible make human traditions equal to what is actually written in the word of God. In fact, Jesus lambasted the Pharisees for making their traditions trump scripture, when He quoted Isaiah: "In vain do they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the precepts of men."

The RCC has done that, in spades.

So we can conclude that scripture alone really isn't the final/sole authority for the nCCs. They are deceiving us into thinking that it is.
Whereever did you get THAT idea from the Bible verses I posted? When throughout the Bible, God warns against adding or subtracting from His word? Where Paul says "do not go beyond what is written?" Where Jesus quotes Isaiah to the Pharisees who had made their man-made traditions trump God's actual holy word: "In vain do they worship Me, teaching for doctrine the precepts of men."

So, based on this, ,how do YOU think Jesus feels about man-made doctrines added on to God's holy word?

Last edited:
You are tap dancing all around my questions. Paul mentioned both good works and works of the Law in his epistles. Neither helps to save us, nor can they.

Now, please give me a direct answer to my questions in post no. 132.

Last edited:
Very much so! Nowhere does the Bible make human traditions equal to what is actually written in the word of God. In fact, Jesus lambasted the Pharisees for making their traditions trump scripture, when He quoted Isaiah: "In vain do they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the precepts of men."

The RCC has done that, in spades.
? Isn't it a RCC tradition that tradition trumps Scripture? 🙄😁😂

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

You are the only one who adds the word alone. It is your beef, you find it as it is you who adds it. I have been asking for thread after thread for you to answer what works save. You hide from it and never answer. You show a lack of knowledge of your own beliefs. Name the works that you believe save or don't mention them again because you don't know of any saving works??????

Alone is your add on. As RCs say the word trinity is not in scripture, is that what you see when you read Eph, you see the word alone.

Matt 25:32-46

32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Yep the RCC will be with the goats. The list of things like feeding the poor do not save the people at all. These are things that saved people do, they do them because God has changed them.

Please highlight the verse that says these works save a person. I mean we can find atheists who do those things but are not saved.

Oh well now finally we have some idea where a certain poster is coming from. The poster quotes Matt 25:32+ and Roms 2:6+. Now she/he believes these works save. Well that is nice because even unbelievers give water to those who thirst, feed the hungry, visit prisons, cloth and house people. So how do these works save a person??????

In fact, charity was high in works the Jewish people did before Jesus came and it is still something that they place a high value on doing. So if these works save a person, then why did Jesus need to suffer on the cross?

Last edited:
Oh well now finally we have some idea where a certain poster is coming from. The poster quotes Matt 25:32+ and Roms 2:6+. Now she believes these works save. Well that is nice because even unbelievers give water to those who thirst, feed the hungry, visit prisons, cloth and house people. So how do these works save a person??????

In fact, charity was high in works the Jewish people did before Jesus came and it is still something that they place a high value on doing. So if these works save a person, then why did Jesus need to suffer on the cross?
so do mormons do those things. evidently catholics believe they are the only ones who do them.

so do mormons do those things. evidently catholics believe they are the only ones who do them.
I agree. Mormons also have baptism don't they?

So we have established that there is a list of good deeds that may or may not save a person. Then what makes the difference? I believe we all know people who are unsaved that do good deeds. I have noticed that people who grow vegetables are putting their excess out for anyone to take for no charge. Not all of those kind hearted people will be saved.

Back