the real conspiracy theory is atheism.

SteveB

False. Many of us have done that and got zero result.
By all means please detail your experiences and then provide the specific bible passages that you did, so that we can further understand the process you used.

Telling me over and over again this claim of yours, without providing any corroborating details leaves questions about the veracity of your claim.

Since you have done what you stated, providing details should literally be a breeze.

SteveB

As if that matters.

Prove millions of people have met God and Jesus -and don't just believe they have.

I'm not. I'm waiting for someone to give credence to your beliefs.

My complaint is that you cannot demonstrate that your God exists outside of your imagination. Go ahead and examine that.
Why would you want me to demonstrate--- from hundreds of miles to thousands of miles away from you, what you would still require you to accept my claims by faith?

I'd expect that you would want God to demonstrate himself to you, so that you'd actually know for yourself if God is real or not.

Or are you simply seeking to avoid firsthand knowledge and experience of God?

How many years have you been arguing about this on a forum with complete and total strangers?

Why not stop arguing and engage him for yourself?

Would not that in fact actually be the answer you really want?

Or are you actually thick enough to think that words from strangers are going to convince you when they have never done so before?

Mr Laurier

I'm not the one who selected a seriously dated resource.

nor am I the one who is seeking to discredit the 40 authors, who wrote the bible and the hundreds of millions of people who have met God and Jesus and are and have been following Jesus for millennia.

So, if all you're interested in is discrediting us, why wouldn't we examine your complaints only to find them irrationally wrong and biased?

Or maybe you don't actually realize that what you want to apply to us actually applies to you as well.
You are though.

Neither is anybody else. Show that ANYBODY has met either God, or Jesus.

Big "if" again.

The funny thing about facts, they exist without the need for belief.

Mr Laurier

Why not stop arguing and engage him for yourself?
I tried that, for 15 long years. 15 years on my knees, begging Jesus to say something. Or do something.
That includes the years in the hell called CPRI, where I was raped almost daily for several years of my childhood.
And I begged Jesus to kill me. I begged. Jesus did nothing.

SteveB

We have. He doesn't answer.

And if you want specific details, ask a specific question.

Have you worked out why you think atheism is a conspiracy yet?
I have repeatedly asked specific questions.

What part of this do you not have the comprehension to understand?

Post in thread 'the real conspiracy theory is atheism.' https://forums.carm.org/threads/the-real-conspiracy-theory-is-atheism.270/post-116903

Do the organization of the words simply not make sense to you? Or maybe even the ordering of the letters which make up the chosen wording, are they gibberish to you?

This has been a long-standing problem for you, but you keep claiming that you evidence of your failures, so I'd expect you to be readily able to write up a complete description of what happened, and the basis for which you know that your failures are valid.

Nouveau

I have repeatedly asked specific questions.

What part of this do you not have the comprehension to understand?
I understand it. It's just not true.

No questions at all in that post.

Do the organization of the words simply not make sense to you? Or maybe even the ordering of the letters which make up the chosen wording, are they gibberish to you?
They make sense. They're just not organized into a specific question.

This has been a long-standing problem for you, but you keep claiming that you evidence of your failures, so I'd expect you to be readily able to write up a complete description of what happened, and the basis for which you know that your failures are valid.
Again, ask a specific question and you'll get a specific answer. If you don't know what detail you want, how are we meant to know what detail to give?

Electric Skeptic

By all means please detail your experiences and then provide the specific bible passages that you did, so that we can further understand the process you used.
Just as soon as you provide the specific bible passages that we need to follow. We're all waiting.

Telling me over and over again this claim of yours, without providing any corroborating details leaves questions about the veracity of your claim.
Telling us over and over again that we need to just follow the bible, without providing any corroborating details leaves questions about the veracity of your claim.

Since you have done what you stated, providing details should literally be a breeze.

You first.

SteveB

We have. He doesn't answer.

And if you want specific details, ask a specific question.

Have you worked out why you think atheism is a conspiracy yet?
It's ironic, because he's made it clear that:

Isa 59:1-2 WEB 1 Behold, Yahweh’s hand is not shortened, that it can’t save; nor his ear dull, that it can’t hear. 2 But your iniquities have separated you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

So, if he hasn't responded to you then that'd be because you have not followed Jesus and done what Jesus said is necessary.

Joh 14:23 WEB Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.

So, all your complaints throughout the rest of your life isn't going to change a single thing.

So, instead of playing your broken record, please explain the details of what you have done to prove that God never responded to you.

As my tutors and professors had me do when I complained that the materials they were teaching us did not work,

Detail the step you took, and what components of the teachings of Jesus you did.

This will allow me to identify where the problem is and give you the proper frame from which to go.

SteveB

Just as soon as you provide the specific bible passages that we need to follow. We're all waiting.
I have.
Numerous times before.

But as it's written in Hebrews 10, quoting from Psalm 40,

In the volume of the book it is written of me....

The entire bible is about Jesus.

So, read Romans.
Read the gospel of John.
Read Hebrews.
Read 1 & 2 Peter.
Read 1 John.

Telling us over and over again that we need to just follow the bible, without providing any corroborating details leaves questions about the veracity of your claim.
You've been given the necessary tools to read the bible numerous times.
So, if you're not going to follow the previously explained instructions given to read the bible, then it's not anyone else's fault but your own.

You first.
I have.

Numerous times before.

Continuing to disregard this simply demonstrates that you have not done what you claim.

Nouveau

It's ironic, because he's made it clear that:

Isa 59:1-2 WEB 1 Behold, Yahweh’s hand is not shortened, that it can’t save; nor his ear dull, that it can’t hear. 2 But your iniquities have separated you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

So, if he hasn't responded to you then that'd be because you have not followed Jesus and done what Jesus said is necessary.
Another alternative: The scripture is wrong and God isn't there.

So, instead of playing your broken record, please explain the details of what you have done to prove that God never responded to you.

Detail the step you took, and what components of the teachings of Jesus you did.

This will allow me to identify where the problem is and give you the proper frame from which to go.
I've done all you did. I asked God if he was there but got no answer. There can't be anything else that is necessary, as you supposedly got a response without doing anything else. Again, if you want a more specific response, ask a specific question.

SteveB

I tried that, for 15 long years. 15 years on my knees, begging Jesus to say something. Or do something.
That includes the years in the hell called CPRI, where I was raped almost daily for several years of my childhood.
And I begged Jesus to kill me. I begged. Jesus did nothing.
Did it ever occur to you that he already had done something, and the only way you could ever know is by reading, applying and doing what Jesus said?

I realize that this seems inconceivable to you, but God plainly stated in Psalm 138, he exalts his word above his name.

This means that when you take him seriously, he'll take you seriously.

Jesus said as much in the sermon on the mount. Matthew 7.

Mr Laurier

Did it ever occur to you that he already had done something, and the only way you could ever know is by reading, applying and doing what Jesus said?

I realize that this seems inconceivable to you, but God plainly stated in Psalm 138, he exalts his word above his name.

This means that when you take him seriously, he'll take you seriously.

Jesus said as much in the sermon on the mount. Matthew 7.
Given that he failed to do anything... and we are talking about a child being raped. And I have read all the words attributed to Jesus. And aplied them. And done exactly what Jesus said to do.
And still Jesus did nothing. I continued to be raped on a regular basis, for YEARS.
And that was the difference between me and Jesus. If i knew a child was being raped, I would kick down doors to rescue that child.
That and, I actually exist.
Your excuses are not convincing.

So you realize a fantasy you have created, yet again. It is not at all "inconceivable" to me that a character in a stoty might say something silly. I have read other fiction.

So the fact that I took Jesus seriously for a decade and a half....

And? Elrond said that none of the companions who set out with Frodo, were bound by any oath.

Electric Skeptic

I have.
Numerous times before.
No, you have not. You do what you always do - something vague like the below.
But as it's written in Hebrews 10, quoting from Psalm 40,

In the volume of the book it is written of me....

The entire bible is about Jesus.

So, read Romans.
Read the gospel of John.
Read Hebrews.
Read 1 & 2 Peter.
Read 1 John.
Nope. Give SPECIFIC references. That's what you're asking us; you need to do the same.
You've been given the necessary tools to read the bible numerous times.
Completely irrelevant.
So, if you're not going to follow the previously explained instructions given to read the bible, then it's not anyone else's fault but your own.
Trying to sidetrack.
You have not. Ever.
Numerous times before.
False. You have never done so, despite repeated requests.
Continuing to disregard this simply demonstrates that you have not done what you claim.
Falsehoods don't help you.

You demand we provide specific details of what we've done, but you refuse to provide specific details of what we need to do. Hypocrisy.

SteveB

Given that he failed to do anything... and we are talking about a child being raped. And I have read all the words attributed to Jesus. And aplied them. And done exactly what Jesus said to do.
And still Jesus did nothing. I continued to be raped on a regular basis, for YEARS.
And that was the difference between me and Jesus. If i knew a child was being raped, I would kick down doors to rescue that child.
That and, I actually exist.
Your excuses are not convincing.

So you realize a fantasy you have created, yet again. It is not at all "inconceivable" to me that a character in a stoty might say something silly. I have read other fiction.

So the fact that I took Jesus seriously for a decade and a half....

And? Elrond said that none of the companions who set out with Frodo, were bound by any oath.
And just what did you think he would do by your having done all of that?
Murder your rapists for you?
Did you ever report them? Or did you keep silent?

SteveB

No, you have not. You do what you always do - something vague like the below.

Nope. Give SPECIFIC references. That's what you're asking us; you need to do the same.

Completely irrelevant.

Trying to sidetrack.

You have not. Ever.

False. You have never done so, despite repeated requests.

Falsehoods don't help you.

You demand we provide specific details of what we've done, but you refuse to provide specific details of what we need to do. Hypocrisy.
Your complaint are those of intellectually lazy people who are not willing to read, and take the responsibility and time to make sure they get it.
If you don't care enough to do this, why should I?

Nouveau

Your complaint are those of intellectually lazy people who are not willing to read, and take the responsibility and time to make sure they get it.
If you don't care enough to do this, why should I?
Right back at you. If you don't care enough to be specific, why should we?

SteveB

Right back at you. If you don't care enough to be specific, why should we?
Words don't even touch the level of laziness you're demonstrating here.

Both are very early in the chapters of both books.

Psa 40:7 WEB Then I said, “Behold, I have come. It is written about me in the book in the scroll.

Heb 10:7 WEB Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come (in the scroll of the book it is written of me) to do your will, O God.’”

You keep saying that you have read the Bible, but each time I provide you a reference to corroborate the point I'm making, your ignorance screams bloody murder, using a blow horn.

So, yes,if you don't have the intellectual courage, then just walk away. It's embarrassing watching you do this to yourself.

Mr Laurier

And just what did you think he would do by your having done all of that?
Murder your rapists for you?
Did you ever report them? Or did you keep silent?
I dont know. I was 7 years old, 8 years old, 9 years old. All I knew is that I must have done something wrong for Jesus to keep letting it happen.
No. That honestly never occurred to me.
Yes. I did. No. I did not.

But you again resort to blaming the victim. Not for the first time. And I'm sure not for the last.
You always try to make it my fault that...
A) I was raped.
And
B) Jesus did nothing to protect me from this.
Your actions here are nothing short of morally repugnant. A clear example of willful cowardice and malicious evil.
Once again you place yourself in the position of the pedophiles apologist and protector. Defending the indefensible.