The real issue is .......

TibiasDad

Thats not my point. If a choice is known beforehand is the contrary choice possible? I would say no given the choice is certain to be made. What say you?
I agree, but that is not the Arminian argument. The question I ask is about who makes the the decision that makes it certain. In your system, God's decree establishes the certainty, and thus, before I am born, every decision I have ever made and will make in the future is certain because of his decree alone.

Doug

ReverendRV

I agree, but that is not the Arminian argument. The question I ask is about who makes the the decision that makes it certain. In your system, God's decree establishes the certainty, and thus, before I am born, every decision I have ever made and will make in the future is certain because of his decree alone.

Doug
The Believer makes the decision that makes it certain. Jesus said that if the Trodden Path believed the Gospel, he would have to Save them...

Reformedguy

Doug
God makes it certain because His decrees involve all that occurs including my willful choices.

TibiasDad

God makes it certain because His decrees involve all that occurs including my willful choices.
Yes, I believe that's what I said, but if my willful choice is what he decreed first, then its not really my choice, at least not one that makes me culpable for the result. I do not do it solely because I chose to do it but because God chose the decree me to choose to do it!

Doug

Reformedguy

Yes, I believe that's what I said, but if my willful choice is what he decreed first, then its not really my choice, at least not one that makes me culpable for the result. I do not do it solely because I chose to do it but because God chose the decree me to choose to do it!

Doug
We're the choices of those who took part in our Lord's death free? Sure. Yet they were planned and DETERMINED by God to occur. Acts 4:27,28. So how did God carry out His plan given His plan involved the free will of the participants?