The Real Road through Romans

civic

I read through Romans this morning and I found these description below regarding Mans natural condition and Gods Sovereignty over man. It was very enlightening to see how scripture portrays both man and God in Romans. below are 25 ( I could of found 50 but 25 sure makes the point). These points are from Romans 1-9. Romans 3:23, 5:8 and 6:23 ( original 3/4 of the Romans Road really don't paint the real picture). Don't get me wrong I like the Romans Road I learned in 1980 but it falls short of the biblical portrayal of both God and man.

• Mans reasoning and hearts are darkened.
  • His thoughts evil continually
  • Man is filled with all unrighteousness and wickedness
  • None are righteous not one
  • None who understands
  • None who seeks God
  • All have sinned
  • Wages of sin is death
  • Those God calls
  • Are those who He foreknows
  • Are those He Predestined
  • Are those He Justified
  • Are those He Glorified
  • Are those who are His Elect
  • Are those that nothing can separate from Gods love
  • God is Sovereign over man
  • God while the twins were not born chose the younger Jacob over Esau
  • God loved Jacob and hated Esau
  • God is Just
  • God has mercy upon whom He chooses
  • God choice is depended upon God not man
  • God shows mercy upon whom He desires and hardens whom He desires
  • Only a foolish person answers back to God regarding His choice
  • The Potter has power over the clay
  • God prepares vessels for honor and others for destruction
Who doesn't appreciate this beautiful picture God paints through Paul in Romans 1-9 ?

You can "FACT" check it by reading Romans as these points are verbatim from the Bible.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

civic

The standard Romans Road below we are taught.

The Problem​

Romans 3:23 (CEB)
All have sinned and fall short of God’s glory.

The Consequences​

Romans 6:23 (ERV)
When people sin, they earn what sin pays—death. But God gives his people a free gift—eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The Solution​

Romans 5:8 (GNT)
God has shown us how much he loves us—it was while we were still sinners that Christ died for us!

The Response​

Romans 10:9-10 (NIV)
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

The Assurance​

Romans 10:13 (NLT)
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

ReverendRV

Praise the Lord!

It's almost as if you've made a case that they cannot use the Romans Road method of Evangelism since they don't believe in the starting line; IE there is no one who does Good, no, not one...

civic

Praise the Lord!

It's almost as if you've made a case that they cannot use the Romans Road method of Evangelism since they don't believe in the starting line...
Yes evangelicals must uphold T.D. in the first point and its consequences in the second :)

Even the Solution is right out of the Calvinist playbook :)

He dies for US while we were sinners :)

PeanutGallery

I read through Romans this morning and I found these description below regarding Mans natural condition and Gods Sovereignty over man. It was very enlightening to see how scripture portrays both man and God in Romans. below are 25 ( I could of found 50 but 25 sure makes the point). These points are from Romans 1-9. Romans 3:23, 5:8 and 6:23 ( original 3/4 of the Romans Road really don't paint the real picture). Don't get me wrong I like the Romans Road I learned in 1980 but it falls short of the biblical portrayal of both God and man.

• Mans reasoning and hearts are darkened.
  • His thoughts evil continually
  • Man is filled with all unrighteousness and wickedness
  • None are righteous not one
  • None who understands
  • None who seeks God
  • All have sinned
  • Wages of sin is death
  • Those God calls
  • Are those who He foreknows
  • Are those He Predestined
  • Are those He Justified
  • Are those He Glorified
  • Are those who are His Elect
  • Are those that nothing can separate from Gods love
  • God is Sovereign over man
  • God while the twins were not born chose the younger Jacob over Esau
  • God loved Jacob and hated Esau
  • God is Just
  • God has mercy upon whom He chooses
  • God choice is depended upon God not man
  • God shows mercy upon whom He desires and hardens whom He desires
  • Only a foolish person answers back to God regarding His choice
  • The Potter has power over the clay
  • God prepares vessels for honor and others for destruction
Who doesn't appreciate this beautiful picture God paints through Paul in Romans 1-9 ?

You can "FACT" check it by reading Romans as these points are verbatim from the Bible.

hope this helps !!!
Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
...Romans 5:8 (GNT)
God has shown us how much he loves us—it was while we were still sinners that Christ died for us!

Romans 10:9-10 (NIV)
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Romans 10:13 (NLT)
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Did Jesus die for all the "us, you, everyone, ungodly, sinners, enemies"?