The regenerating power of signs and wonders.

"Then Jesus said to him, “Unless you see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.” - John 4:48

If Calvinism is true, why would it be necessary for anyone to see signs and wonders in order to believe? Isn't it enough that they be part of the elect, and therefore zapped?

In other passages, we see that Tyre and Sidon would have repented if they had seen the same miracles that Jesus performed in Chorazin and Bethsaida (Matt. 11:21), that Sodom would have remained until this day if they had seen the same miracles that Jesus performed in Capernaum (Matt. 11:23), and that many people believed in Jesus because He raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11:45). Doesn't this paint a picture that everyone, even the non-elect, have the ability to choose Christ if they see enough external evidence?

civic

"Then Jesus said to him, “Unless you see signs and wonders, you will by no means believe.” - John 4:48

If Calvinism is true, why would it be necessary for anyone to see signs and wonders in order to believe? Isn't it enough that they be part of the elect, and therefore zapped?

In other passages, we see that Tyre and Sidon would have repented if they had seen the same miracles that Jesus performed in Chorazin and Bethsaida (Matt. 11:21), that Sodom would have remained until this day if they had seen the same miracles that Jesus performed in Capernaum (Matt. 11:23), and that many people believed in Jesus because He raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11:45). Doesn't this paint a picture that everyone, even the non-elect, have the ability to choose Christ if they see enough external evidence?
An evil and adulteress generation seeks after signs and wonders.

Context is King !

Our Lord's God

An evil and adulteress generation seeks after signs and wonders.

Context is King !

Sorry but making excuses for yourself is not King.

This beginning of the signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.
John 2:11

If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe me but if I do them, though you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father. John 10:37-38

Theo1689

If Calvinism is true,

Well, Calvinism IS true, so your "if" is unnecessary.

why would it be necessary for anyone to see signs and wonders in order to believe?

Where did anyone say it was "necessary"?
God uses any means He feels appropriate, especially if/when it glorifies Him.

Isn't it enough that they be part of the elect, and therefore zapped?

You don't seem to understand what Calvinism actually teaches.
And your derogatory use of the term "zapped" suggests to to me that you don't even WANT to understand what it teaches, and it begs me to ask you if you think you're actually a Christian.

God doesn't simply "zap" people into believing, out of zero context. He has a means by which He draws the elect to Himself, and that includes preaching the gospel for His own glory.

No, not at all.
Especially after one reads the ENTIRE Bible.