The remnant church?

What qualifies the Seventh-day Adventist organization as the remnant church of Bible prophecy?

We cite Revelation 12:17 as evidence in support of that claim.

Are SDA’s the the only organization on earth that keep the commandments of God?

Are SDA’s the only organization on earth that teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

JonHawk

What qualifies the Seventh-day Adventist organization as the remnant church of Bible prophecy?
"The message to the Laodicean church is applicable to our condition. How plainly is pictured the position of those who think they have all the truth, who take pride in their knowledge of the Word of God, while its sanctifying power has not been [received]." (The Review and Herald, July 23, 1889).
"Laodiceans are living in a spiritual self-deception. They clothe themselves in the garments of their own righteousness, imagining themselves to be rich and increased with goods and in need of nothing, ... they find themselves bankrupt, their whole life being a lie." (Letter 66, 1894).
"The message to the Laodicean church is highly applicable to us as a people. It has been placed before us for a long time, but [the work of repentance] has not been heeded..." {7BC g617}
"(Philippians 3:9) Ample Provision for All—The true Witness has said, “Buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear.” What is the shame of this nakedness and poverty? It is the shame of clothing ourselves with self-righteousness, and of separating ourselves from God, when He has made ample provision for all to receive His blessing."

"All who are cold and alienated from Him through unbelief and sin; He invites us to buy the white raiment, which is His glorious righteousness; and the eyesalve, that we may discern spiritual things. Oh, shall we not open the heart's door to this heavenly visitor?" (Bible Echo and Signs of the Times, January 15, 1892)

Last edited:

Common Tater

Are you really keeping the 4th Commandment if you are buying and selling and enjoying your sabbath rest in a nice air conditioned church because some mark of the beast "sunday keeper" pagan is working down at the power plant to provide the electricity?

JonHawk

"I will give you rest." Ex 33:14
Are you really keeping the 4th Commandment if you are buying and selling and enjoying your sabbath rest in a nice air conditioned church because some mark of the beast "sunday keeper" pagan is working down at the power plant to provide the electricity?
It's 53 degrees Fahrenheit, 11.666 Celsius, ac is not required and sabbath rest is for the people of God.

Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest to His people, according to all that He promised. (1 Kings 8:56)

"I will stand up for them and bring peace and rest..." Jer 50:34
Peace, peace, to those far and near, [both Jew and Gentile]; But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest; Isaiah 57:19-21

Last edited:

Common Tater

It's 53 degrees Fahrenheit, 11.666 Celsius, ac is not required and sabbath rest is for the people of God.

Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest to His people, according to all that He promised. (1 Kings 8:56)

Peace, peace, to those far and near, [both Jew and Gentile]; But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest; Isaiah 57:19-21
In a town like Phoenix AZ, it will be 102 degrees. Adventists in Phoenix will have those air conditioners on. There will be "sunday keepers" working at Tucson Electric Power and Arizona Public Service to provide them with the electricity to run those air conditioners. There will be "sunday keepers" working the City of Phoenix Water Services Department to provide Adventists the water coming out of their taps to drink and to flush their toilets. "Sunday keepers" will be working at various internet providers so that Adventists can come onto CARM Forums and post how we must all keep the Sabbath. For some reason, because they don't have to physically pay today, rather they are buying these services on credit, they won't admit to themselves that they are buying and selling on the Sabbath or that they are making others work so that they can enjoy their "sabbath rest".

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

In a town like Phoenix AZ, it will be 102 degrees. Adventists in Phoenix will have those air conditioners on. There will be "sunday keepers" working at Tucson Electric Power and Arizona Public Service to provide them with the electricity to run those air conditioners. There will be "sunday keepers" working the City of Phoenix Water Services Department to provide Adventists the water coming out of their taps to drink and to flush their toilets. "Sunday keepers" will be working at various internet providers so that Adventists can come onto CARM Forums and post how we must all keep the Sabbath. For some reason, because they don't have to physically pay today, rather they are buying these services on credit, they won't admit to themselves that they are buying and selling on the Sabbath or that they are making others work so that they can enjoy their "sabbath rest".
Nothing changed. "Not one in twenty" SDAs have a clue that they are saved, so how could they possibly rest from their labors, and "Sunday keepers at the plant" are not exactly doing anyone a favor, they're collecting a paycheck. Stop paying your utility bills and see how that works out for you.

It is better to trust in the Lord than to rely on humans. Ps 118:7-8
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His dominion endures through all generations.
The Lord is trustworthy in all He promises and faithful in all He does. Ps 145:13

SeventhDay

I doubt that the man child who is the first fruits remnant who follow the lamb wherever he goes is an organization. I doubt that the church of God is an organization either. I doubt also that the remnant of first's fruits point to themselves either but God at work in them testifies of the Christ that is in them.

The remnant church of first fruits are concerned with what the lamb is doing and follow him and are being prepared as the bridegroom company approaching Mount Zion who with God will establish the bride which is an eternal city of God on a new earth. The eternal city is a heavenly city and temple where God sits. God bless you. :)

JonHawk

For I will forgive the remnant I spare. Jer 50:20
I doubt that the man child who is the first fruits remnant who follow the lamb wherever he goes is an organization. I doubt that the church of God is an organization either. I doubt also that the remnant of first's fruits point to themselves either but God at work in them testifies of the Christ that is in them...
The Lord our God has been gracious in leaving us a remnant and giving us a firm place in His sanctuary; Ezra 9:8

Who is a God like You, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? Micah 7:18

The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; Ex 15:2,11,17

Last edited:

Common Tater

JonHawk said:

Nothing changed. "Not one in twenty" SDAs have a clue that they are saved, so how could they possibly rest from their labors, and "Sunday keepers at the plant" are not exactly doing anyone a favor, they're collecting a paycheck. Stop paying your utility bills and see how that works out for you.

His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His dominion endures through all generations.
The Lord is trustworthy in all He promises and faithful in all He does. Ps 145:13
Never held much truck with the "well, they're working anyway" argument. Instead of "stop paying your utility bills", howabout "stop using those utilities on your Sabbath".

Also men of Tyre were living there who imported fish and all kinds of merchandise, and sold them to the sons of Judah on the sabbath, even in Jerusalem. Then I reprimanded the nobles of Judah and said to them, “What is this evil thing you are doing, by profaning the sabbath day? “Did not your fathers do the same, so that our God brought on us and on this city all this trouble? Yet you are adding to the wrath on Israel by profaning the sabbath.” Nehemiah 13:16-18 NASB

Even Ellen White didn't buy the "well, they're working anyway" line of reasoning. (Of course, she was so biblically illiterate that she also blamed the scribes and Pharisees for the law forbidding kindling a fire, when it was in fact a law given by God to Moses.)

"The Jews had so perverted the law that they made it a yoke of bondage. Their meaningless requirements had become a byword among other nations. Especially was the Sabbath hedged in by all manner of senseless restrictions. It was not to them a delight, the holy of the Lord, and honorable. The scribes and Pharisees had made its observance an intolerable burden. A Jew was not allowed to kindle a fire nor even to light a candle on the Sabbath. As a consequence the people were dependent upon the Gentiles for many services which their rules forbade them to do for themselves. They did not reflect that if these acts were sinful, those who employed others to perform them were as guilty as if they had done the work themselves. They thought that salvation was restricted to the Jews, and that the condition of all others, being already hopeless, could be made no worse. But God has given no commandments which cannot be obeyed by all. His laws sanction no unreasonable or selfish restrictions."
(Ellen White, The Desire of Ages, p. 204, para. 1)

JonHawk

JonHawk said:

Never held much truck with the "well, they're working anyway" argument. Instead of "stop paying your utility bills", howabout "stop using those utilities on your Sabbath".
Still looking good in the middle of the week, 62 °F 16.666°C

Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him. Ps 62:1-2
Even Ellen White didn't buy the "well, they're working anyway" line of reasoning.
It turns out Ellen had a Freudian slip and emphatically stated that the only way to properly keep the sabbath is to get converted so that you can understand that in Christ is full redemption.

What is the purpose of the [Sabbath] blessing of God? “Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.” Acts 3:26. The blessing of God is not put upon a man because he is good, but the blessing of God is put upon him to turn him away from his iniquities. Now the Sabbath is designed for that very thing, because it is the power of God in Christ that saves from sin. That is to say, the Sabbath blessing is the blessing of sanctification. Can any one truly keep the Sabbath of our Lord Jesus Christ unless he is a converted person?-He cannot. It is only a converted person who can keep the Sabbath. {CAS 161}​
The idea of Sabbath is rest. That is the meaning of the term. Turning to the record in Exodus, thirty-third chapter, we find that Moses requested the Lord not to carry him and the people up, unless he went with them. So the Lord says, fourteenth verse, “My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.” Who was it that went with the children of Israel?-“And they drank of that spiritual Rock that went with them, and that Rock was Christ.” Whose presence was it, then, that was to give them rest?-It was the presence of Christ. With this agree the words of Christ himself in Matthew 11:28: “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” {CAS 171} EGW​

Last edited:

SDAchristian

Prologue: You know what is coming, so when it gets here, I will then say, "I told you so !!!".
When the mark of the beast becomes more apparent, the counterfeit(and those powers) will use the actual sabbath's death penalty by the government.

AV 2Th 2:4-5 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

A hypocrites dilemma for sure, when GOD judges what is truly sin, in GOD's Truth.

AV Ex 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

So give me ownership of the power companies to be "within thy gates", and I will comply with GOD's Words directly.

So it obvious to me that you are not over GOD's Own Words here. Not to mention, GOD being the True Owner, and the poor stewardship of what is GOD's.

So answer me this, if your thoughts for GOD were truly the truth, why is it not true for Sunday activities as well ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

Prologue: You know what is coming, so when it gets here, I will then say, "I told you so !!!".

When the mark of the beast becomes more apparent,
Mankind, without understanding, is like beasts that perish. Psalm 49:20
Beasts born to be captured and destroyed, reviling things they do not understand, and will also perish in their own corruption; 2 Peter 2:12
Clouds without rain, blown along by the wind; autumn trees, without fruit and uprooted—twice dead. Jude 1:12

You have already overcome them; because He who is in you is greater than [the agents of the antichrist]; 1 John 4:4

Last edited:

When the mark of the beast becomes more apparent, the counterfeit(and those powers) will use the actual sabbath's death penalty by the government.

AV 2Th 2:4-5 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

A hypocrites dilemma for sure, when GOD judges what is truly sin, in GOD's Truth.

AV Ex 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

So give me ownership of the power companies to be "within thy gates", and I will comply with GOD's Words directly.

So it obvious to me that you are not over GOD's Own Words here. Not to mention, GOD being the True Owner, and the poor stewardship of what is GOD's.

So answer me this, if your thoughts for GOD were truly the truth, why is it not true for Sunday activities as well ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Are the SDA’s the only ones who keep the Saturday sabbath?

Are SDA’s the only ones who teach the Gospel (testimony given by Jesus as described in Hebrews 1:1-3, John:18:37 and in several places in the book of Revelation)?

JonHawk

When you believed you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.

Are SDA’s the only ones who teach the Gospel (testimony given by Jesus as described in Hebrews 1:1-3, John:18:37 and in several places in the book of Revelation)?
The Galatians preached a perverted gospel long before the birth of SDAs.

Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing?

Common Tater

How often did you hear the Gospel preached in an Adventist church? Myself, almost never. Lip service was paid to Jesus, our Lord and Savior, but the sermons were most often about keeping the Sabbath, Ellen White's writings and prophecies, the health message, etc.

How often did you hear the Gospel preached in an Adventist church? Myself, almost never. Lip service was paid to Jesus, our Lord and Savior, but the sermons were most often about keeping the Sabbath, Ellen White's writings and prophecies, the health message, etc.

On a year where Christmas Day fell on the Saturday sabbath you would think that it would be the perfect opportunity to preach the gospel.

The sermon topic for the day: “thank the Lord that we have a prophet in Israel- Ellen White”

Common Tater

On a year where Christmas Day fell on the Saturday sabbath you would think that it would be the perfect opportunity to preach the gospel.

The sermon topic for the day: “thank the Lord that we have a prophet in Israel- Ellen White”
I attend a Methodist church. I could just as easily attend a Baptist one, or Presbyterian, or Lutheran. It is close to the house. It is also a spiritually alive church where the message coming from the pulpit each week is Christ and Him crucified. Never ever, ever heard a sermon on why the Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday. It is all about who we worship, not when.

JonHawk

Christian SDA said:

"Men may get up scheme after scheme and the enemy will seek to seduce souls from the truth, but all who believe that the Lord has spoken through Sister White and has given her a message will be safe from the many delusions that will come in these last days." — Selected Messages 3:83, 84 (1906). LDE 44.2.
I attend a Methodist church. ... It is also a spiritually alive church where the message coming from the pulpit each week is Christ and Him crucified. Never ever, ever heard a sermon on why the Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday. It is all about who we worship, not when.
Which makes you wonder what prompted Ellen, who was formerly a Methodist to pursue a delusional prophet (William Miller).

"The kingdom of God does not come with observation; because the kingdom of God is within you.” Luke 17:20-21

Common Tater

"Men may get up scheme after scheme and the enemy will seek to seduce souls from the truth, but all who believe that the Lord has spoken through Sister White and has given her a message will be safe from the many delusions that will come in these last days." — Selected Messages 3:83, 84 (1906). LDE 44.2.

Which makes you wonder what prompted Ellen, who was formerly a Methodist to pursue a delusional prophet (William Miller).

"The kingdom of God does not come with observation; because the kingdom of God is within you.” Luke 17:20-21
I know that she and her family were kicked out of the Methodist church after they were repeatedly warned about setting a date for the Lord's return.

JonHawk

I know that she and her family were kicked out of the Methodist church after they were repeatedly warned about setting a date for the Lord's return.
But who [among them who walks after the stubbornness of their own heart]] has heard His word? Jeremiah 23:18
You acted deceitfully and did not remember Me, so I withheld My peace. Isaiah 57:11

I did not send these false prophets, if they had a place among those in a right standing, [Zech 3:7] they would have caused my people to hear my word, and they would have caused them to turn from iniquity; Jeremiah 23:21-22

God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn from iniquity. 2 Tim 2:9