The Resurrection, Judgment, and ...

Okay… As usual, words have meaning and context is important.
Agreed.

The first resurrection does not include a new body.
What?! Do you think we'll be resurrected in mortal bodies?

It is believers in heaven reigning with Christ.
What? We'll be in heaven for seven years, but then we'll be returning to earth with Christ when he returns at the end of the trib. What is there to reign over in heaven?

I am thinking this is for all believers who died before the coming of Christ.
The "first" resurrection (technically, the rapture will precede the "first" resurrection), AKA the resurrection of the just, will be for all OT believers, believers who died prior to the day of Pentecost, and people who will come to believe during the trib. Pentecost is when it first became available to be born again of holy spirit. That's when Christianity started.

The second resurrection will include bodies for those reigning with Christ and the rest when he returns.
If they don't have bodies, they sure as heck aren't reigning with Christ. PEOPLE will be resurrected, not just bodies. When a person dies, the person is dead. All of him. He ceases to exist. He is dead. That's why the upcoming rapture/resurrections are so important. If they do not happen, people who have died, believer or unbeliever, are perished (1 Cor 15:12-20).

That is what I call the resurrection.
There will be two distinct resurrections when dead people will be raised from the dead. Plus the rapture.

As for those going to Hell, their resurrection happens at the same time as the “second resurrection”. From my definition of resurrection, there is one bodily resurrection. Not two or more…
There will be no resurrection that is not "bodily." Again, people who have died are dead. There is no "immortal soul."

The unsaved will be resurrected at the white throne judgment, judged, then die the second death, which will be permanent.

Agreed.

What?! Do you think we'll be resurrected in mortal bodies?
No
What? We'll be in heaven for seven years, but then we'll be returning to earth with Christ when he returns at the end of the trib. What is there to reign over in heaven?

No you won't
The "first" resurrection (technically, the rapture will precede the "first" resurrection), AKA the resurrection of the just, will be for all OT believers, believers who died prior to the day of Pentecost, and people who will come to believe during the trib. Pentecost is when it first became available to be born again of holy spirit. That's when Christianity started.
No, the first resurrection is not the Rapture before a seven-year tribulation... That is innovative scriptural gymnastics.
If they don't have bodies, they sure as heck aren't reigning with Christ. PEOPLE will be resurrected, not just bodies. When a person dies, the person is dead. All of him. He ceases to exist. He is dead. That's why the upcoming rapture/resurrections are so important. If they do not happen, people who have died, believer or unbeliever, are perished (1 Cor 15:12-20).
Death is merely a separation of the Soul and Spirit from the flesh. The immaterial does not seek to exist. They may be referred to as disembodied spirits. To be absent from the body is to be with the Lord.
There will be two distinct resurrections when dead people will be raised from the dead. Plus the rapture.
That is you reading in to a passage.
There will be no resurrection that is not "bodily." Again, people who have died are dead. There is no "immortal soul."
So wrong... Again, to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord.

The unsaved will be resurrected at the white throne judgment, judged, then die the second death, which will be permanent.
Are you an annihilationist?

You need to read past the Gospels and the red words of Jesus Christ.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

...then the final war happens... Then:

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
I see nothing that says "Last Day"...

Death is merely a separation of the Soul and Spirit from the flesh.
No, death is death. The cessation of life.

The immaterial does not seek [cease] to exist.
People are not immaterial beings. When people die, they cease to exist.

They may be referred to as disembodied spirits.
Where is that in the Bible?

To be absent from the body is to be with the Lord.
When Paul talked about departing, he was talking about the rapture, not dying.

That is you reading in to a passage.
That's what Rev 20 says...

So wrong... Again, to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord.
Again, Paul was not talking about dying. Death is an enemy (1 Cor 15:26), not the doorway to heaven.

Are you an annihilationist?
Yes.

No, death is death. The cessation of life.

People are not immaterial beings. When people die, they cease to exist.

Where is that in the Bible?

When Paul talked about departing, he was talking about the rapture, not dying.

That's what Rev 20 says...

Again, Paul was not talking about dying. Death is an enemy (1 Cor 15:26), not the doorway to heaven.

Yes.
Okay, we are done again. You are so confused that we cannot have even a common discussion. Sorry, I prefer to debate with other Christians…

Okay, we are done again.
What's that, 3 or 4 times that we've been "done"?

You are so confused
I'm not confused at all. Disagreeing with you does not automatically mean I'm the one who's confused.

that we cannot have even a common discussion.
We could...

Sorry, I prefer to debate with other Christians…
I am a Christian. I sincerely hope you are too.

I love God and the Lord Jesus Christ, and am eagerly awaiting his return.

Okay… As usual, words have meaning and context is important. The first resurrection does not include a new body. It is believers in heaven reigning with Christ. I am thinking this is for all believers who died before the coming of Christ. The second resurrection will include bodies for those reigning with Christ and the rest when he returns. That is what I call the resurrection. As for those going to Hell, their resurrection happens at the same time as the “second resurrection”. From my definition of resurrection, there is one bodily resurrection. Not two or more…

I've always saw it that the first resurrection is being saved, being saved from a dead state of sin into a lively hope in Christ. Passing from death unto life.

Back