The "Rev. 16:5 thingie"

robycop3

The only difference is those that trust God’s word only worship God. You compare folks that trust God and His word to isolators ?
If they're KJVO, they're trusting the word of MEN more than the WOG. The KJVO myth is MAN-MADE, not found in God's word.
Now...
Any intel about the Rev. 16:5 thingie?

Leatherneck0311

If they're KJVO, they're trusting the word of MEN more than the WOG. The KJVO myth is MAN-MADE, not found in God's word.
Now...
Any intel about the Rev. 16:5 thingie?
Nonsense, they are trusting the manu scripts which the KJV was translated from that the early church and reformers trusted, but let’s ignore that the manu scripts from which the modern translations are translated from was rejected by the early church and reformers. I guess in the final analysis it is who you place your faith in men or God.

robycop3

Nonsense, they are trusting the manu scripts which the KJV was translated from that the early church and reformers trusted, but let’s ignore that the manu scripts from which the modern translations are translated from was rejected by the early church and reformers. I guess in the final analysis it is who you place your faith in men or God.
Very few KJVOs can read the ms. so they're trusting MEN.

Leatherneck0311

Very few KJVOs can read the ms. so they're trusting MEN.
I trust that God was involved in the KJV translation not in the translations from the minority texts for many reasons. There are no modern influences like the homosexual agenda or the Roman Catholic influences in the KJV like there are in the MV’s. I know you don’t understand nor accept when I tell you God led me to and keeps me with the KJV, but that is OK I follow and trust God not men.

robycop3

I trust that God was involved in the KJV translation not in the translations from the minority texts for many reasons. There are no modern influences like the homosexual agenda or the Roman Catholic influences in the KJV like there are in the MV’s. I know you don’t understand nor accept when I tell you God led me to and keeps me with the KJV, but that is OK I follow and trust God not men.
Evidently you trust men or you wouldn't believe the KJVO myth. remember, it's COMPLETELY MAN-MADE, NOT FOUND IN SCRIPTURE WHATSOEVER! God led me to SCRIPTURE, not a particular translation of it.

Leatherneck0311

Evidently you trust men or you wouldn't believe the KJVO myth. remember, it's COMPLETELY MAN-MADE, NOT FOUND IN SCRIPTURE WHATSOEVER! God led me to SCRIPTURE, not a particular translation of it.
FYI, God’s word is not a myth my faith and confidence is in God and His word. I have no trust and confidence in minority text translations. If you have a problem with those who trust and stay with the KJV take it up with God we are obeying Him.

glenlogie

FYI, God’s word is not a myth my faith and confidence is in God and His word. I have no trust and confidence in minority text translations. If you have a problem with those who trust and stay with the KJV take it up with God we are obeying Him.
We notice that you and other KJVOers cannot provide scripture to declare the KJV is a perfect translation. Why should we believe that God has given you special revelation?

robycop3

No, by subscribing to the KJVO myth, you're trusting MEN. There'd be no KJVO myth if Satan hadn't invented it & used certain men to spread it around the English-using world. GOD did NOT make it.

Now, if you simply used the KJV, no big deal But your posts say in so many words thatyou believe the false myth about the KJV. That's WRONG.

robycop3

You remind me of Marke, who used to post here & had around 100K posts. He was KJVO, or at least pretended to be, but he wouldn't come right out & say it.

OTOH, I make it plain that I KNOW-not GUESS-that the KJVO myth is man-made & false, & I'm firmly opposed to it. You cannot prove it's one bit true, & you know it. You seem intelligent, & devout, so how could you subscribe to a clearly-false, MAN-MADE doctrine of faith/worship unless you believed the words of some quack??

logos1560

There are no modern influences like the homosexual agenda or the Roman Catholic influences in the KJV like there are in the MV’s.
Your statement is not true. There were Roman Catholic influences involved in the making of the KJV. You close your eyes to actual facts.

The KJV translators made use of Hebrew-Latin lexicons and Greek-Latin lexicons that often had renderings from the Latin Vulgate of Jerome as the definitions of original-language words of Scripture. The KJV translators consulted a printed edition of the Latin Vulgate of Jerome, and it influenced some of their translation decisions. The Latin Vulgate of Jerome had also earlier influenced some of the translating in the pre-1611 English Bibles of which the KJV is a revision, and through the pre-1611 English Bibles indirectly influenced the KJV. In addition, the KJV translators borrowed many renderings from the 1582 Roman Catholic Rheims New Testament translated from an edition of the Latin Vulgate of Jerome.

All the makers of the KJV were members of the Church of England which had kept many doctrines and practices from the Roman Catholic Church.

RiJoRi

Your statement is not true. There were Roman Catholic influences involved in the making of the KJV. You close your eyes to actual facts.

The KJV translators made use of Hebrew-Latin lexicons and Greek-Latin lexicons that often had renderings from the Latin Vulgate of Jerome as the definitions of original-language words of Scripture. The KJV translators consulted a printed edition of the Latin Vulgate of Jerome, and it influenced some of their translation decisions. The Latin Vulgate of Jerome had also earlier influenced some of the translating in the pre-1611 English Bibles of which the KJV is a revision, and through the pre-1611 English Bibles indirectly influenced the KJV. In addition, the KJV translators borrowed many renderings from the 1582 Roman Catholic Rheims New Testament translated from an edition of the Latin Vulgate of Jerome.

All the makers of the KJV were members of the Church of England which had kept many doctrines and practices from the Roman Catholic Church.
Not to mention Roman Catholic Father Desiderus Erasmus, who collated the Textus Receptus! 🙄

But let's not introduce those nasty, inconvenient, "ungodly" facts...

--Rich

Leatherneck0311

You remind me of Marke, who used to post here & had around 100K posts. He was KJVO, or at least pretended to be, but he wouldn't come right out & say it.

OTOH, I make it plain that I KNOW-not GUESS-that the KJVO myth is man-made & false, & I'm firmly opposed to it. You cannot prove it's one bit true, & you know it. You seem intelligent, & devout, so how could you subscribe to a clearly-false, MAN-MADE doctrine of faith/worship unless you believed the words of some quack??
You only know what you have been indoctrinated into. You and I know it isn’t about the translation but what manu scripts the translation was translated from. You cannot prove anything but that you have been duped into accepting corrupt manu scripts. Ever wonder why the minority texts support Roman Catholic errors I don’t ?

glenlogie

You only know what you have been indoctrinated into. You and I know it isn’t about the translation but what manu scripts the translation was translated from. You cannot prove anything but that you have been duped into accepting corrupt manu scripts. Ever wonder why the minority texts support Roman Catholic errors I don’t ?
Don't confuse you with facts your mind is already decided.

organgrinder

You make an assertion. Back it up with facts. What Roman Catholic errors? Chapter and verses so we can compare the versions to the KJV.

Leatherneck0311

You make an assertion. Back it up with facts. What Roman Catholic errors? Chapter and verses so we can compare the versions to the KJV.
Modern translations say being saved ( Roman Catholic doctrine) minority texts rendering KJV says are saved which is a majority text rendering. If you want to do a quick comparison of translations go to BlueletterBible.com and flip through the different translations.

glenlogie

Modern translations say being saved ( Roman Catholic doctrine) minority texts rendering KJV says are saved which is a majority text rendering. If you want to do a quick comparison of translations go to BlueletterBible.com and flip through the different translations.
That is not an example but an allegation, try again.