The same prople are here year after year

It's kind of like a boomerang. The Christian throws out a question. The Mormon thinks "I responded to that years ago." So the Christian says, "You didn't really answer it. You skirted around the topic."

I have a headache (actually lots of them). Are the Mormons who post here divorced, retired, or inactive in their wards? Do they have an abundance of free time? Just curious.

Bonnie

Well, I can tell you that I have asked 2 questions on here and never got an answer to them. Like this one:

In Luke 7:50, what did Jesus say actually saved the woman? What was the exact word He said?

"Your FAITH has saved you; go in peace."

The only "answers" I got were incorrect--that it was her works that she did with Jesus that saved her; that it was baptism with her faith that saved her...yet Jesus did NOT add those things to the one thing He said saved her. He just said "Your FAITH has saved you." Period. I was told I took it out of context, so I even put the whole story down on here--but it didn't change the answer. "Your FAITH has saved you."

The other question I have asked is "How many true Gods are there?" Then quoted John 17:3: "That they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent."

I got bupkiss, so far as I know.

Shows the fears Mormons have, that what their church has been teaching them has been false--they have been duped into believing falsehoods. And paying thousands upon thousands of dollars to a false church that teaches false doctrines, about a false God and false Savior and a false Gospel--which saves no one.

Redeemed

Well, I can tell you that I have asked 2 questions on here and never got an answer to them. Like this one:

In Luke 7:50, what did Jesus say actually saved the woman? What was the exact word He said?

The only "answers" I got were incorrect--that it was her works that she did with Jesus that saved her; that it was baptism with her faith that saved her...yet Jesus did NOT add those things to the one thing He said saved her. He just said "Your FAITH has saved you." Period. I was told I took it out of context, so I even put the whole story down on here--but it didn't change the answer. "Your FAITH has saved you."

The other question I have asked is "How many true Gods are there?" Then quoted John 17:3: "That they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent."

I got bupkiss, so far as I know.

Shows the fears Mormons have, that what their church has been teaching them has been false--they have been duped into believing falsehoods. And paying thousands upon thousands of dollars to a false church that teaches false doctrines, about a false God and false Savior and a false Gospel--which saves no one.
That's telling it like it is! Yes, When they say "you've taken that out of context" what they're really saying is that it doesn't fit in to our distortion of the of the Bible. I found out you have to get good at reading between the lines when dealing with Mormonism.

Bonnie

A couple of Christians on here--Maggie and Organgrinder--answered correctly and honestly, the question about Luke 7:50...would you like to add your answer to the question, just to show our Mormon friends that the answer isn't difficult? But simplicity itself?

"Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

brotherofJared

It's kind of like a boomerang. The Christian throws out a question. The Mormon thinks "I responded to that years ago." So the Christian says, "You didn't really answer it. You skirted around the topic."
Funny, The Mormon throws out a question. The critic claims "I responded to that years ago", so the Mormon says, "you didn't really answer it. You skirted around the topic."

See how that works?

Bonnie

That is a typical “anti-Mormon” comment, if there ever was one. It is pure unsubstantiated allegation, with no evidence whatever to support it. It is a smear tactic, and nothing more. So don't tell us again that you are not “anti-Mormon”. Your action belies your claim.
Would you like it if we said your post was a typical "anti-Christian" comment and was "pure, unsubstantiated allegation with no evidence to support it"?

Actually, I have archived posts where we have asked some questions of some Mormons on here that never got a direct, correct, honest answer. I have archived a few from the past.

Janice's observations are true. There is nothing "anti-Mormon" in an honest observation.

Aaron32

I have a headache (actually lots of them). Are the Mormons who post here divorced, retired, or inactive in their wards? Do they have an abundance of free time? Just curious.
Agreed. Round and round it goes.

It doesn’t matter what Mormons answer. If Mormons give actual substance, Christians ignore it, wait a week, they ask the question again.

I’ve been on and off the boards since 2005. Nothing changes. I mostly come here to challenge my own beliefs. Any ambition to persuade or find agreement in anything usually results in disappointment.

Aaron32

Agreed. Now, question for you. How does that correlate with other things that Jesus said “saves” us?

Matt 10:22 “22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.”

Matt 16:25 “25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”

Mark 16:16 “16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”

John 6:54 “54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

One true God. Who said this? Jesus Christ, right? Who was he praying to? Himself?

Thus, we worship the Father in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Clearly, this supports the Godhead, not the Trinity.

1 Cor 8:
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Theo1689

Agreed. Now, question for you. How does that correlate with other things that Jesus said “saves” us?

The Bible clearly and repeatedly teaches that salvation is "not by works":

Eph. 2:8 ... And this is not your own doing ...
Eph. 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
2 Tim. 1:9 who saved us ... not because of our works
Tit. 3:5 he saved us, not because of works ...
Rom. 4:5 And to the one who does not work ... his faith is counted as righteousness,
Rom. 4:6 ... the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
Rom. 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works;

... so any interpretation that "requires" works for salvation must necessarily be a false interpretation.

Matt 10:22 “22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.”

You seem to be ASSUMING that this verse teaches "causation".
Why do you ASSUME that, when your assumption creates a contradiction, but interpreting it as correlation makes no such contradiction?

Matt 16:25 “25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”

Not sure how you're interpreting this verse.
You seem to be saying that only martyrs can be saved, and any Christian who dies of natural causes will go to hell. Is that your view?

Mark 16:16 “16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”

Correct.
All those saved will believe.
However, this is NOT teaching that "he that is not baptized, shall be damned".
So again, maybe you should explain what point you're trying to make?

John 6:54 “54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Okay..... And?
What exactly is your point?

Do you believe only cannibals in the first century will be saved?
Or are you saying that only people who take the sacrament (which is symbolic) will be saved?

Mormons take water for sacrament.
Since when is water "blood", or even "the fruit of the vine"?
One true God. Who said this? Jesus Christ, right? Who was he praying to? Himself?

<sigh>

This is on par with accusing Mormons of wearing "magic underwear".

1 Cor 8:
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

You believe in "Plural gods", which is (again) CONTRADICTED by Scripture:

Deut. 4:35 ... the Lord is God; there is no other besides him
Deut. 4:39 ... the Lord is God... there is no other.
Deut. 32:39 ... and there is no god besides me;
2 Sam. 7:22 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
2 Sam. 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD?
1 Kings 8:60 ... the Lord is God; there is no other.
1 Chr. 17:20 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
Isa. 44:6 ... I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.
Isa. 44:8 ... Is there a God besides me? yea,there is no God; I know not any.
Isa. 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides me:
Is. 45:21 ... there is no God else besides me;
Isa 45:22 ... for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa. 46:9 ... for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Mark 12:32 … for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
1 Cor. 8:4 … and that there is none other God but one.

Bonnie

Clearly, this supports the Godhead, not the Trinity.

1 Cor 8:
One True God of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Triune God. Three in One. A mystery, but one we can accept, even if we cannot fully understand it, this side of heaven. God is not held captive to our finite ability to understand fully His nature. I accept that God is as far above us as the heavens are above the earth. I accept that He can do what we mere mortals cannot.

Remember this? ..."baptizing them in the NAME"--singular--"of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." ONE Name. In the Triune Godhead. Each Person in the Godhead has the same Divine Name...what is God's holy Name?

Baptism does save us, but is not absolutely necessary for salvation...Jesus did not say in Mark that those who are NOT baptized are condemned. Did He? It is a means of grace, but so are the Lord's Supper and His word. I cannot say more or I will stray into Lutheranism and go off topic..

Enduring in and of itself does not save us--atheists can endure to the end as atheists--will that endurance save them? That just means believing in Jesus until death, not rejecting Him when the going gets tough.
So, Jesus says faith in Him, believing in Him saves us to eternal life. :)

Thanks for your gentle spirit. Aaron. I appreciate it. Look to the true Jesus Christ, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, for salvation, great and free!

Theo1689

One true God.

So much to unpack.
You're right that there is only "one true God".
Too bad Mormons don't believe this.

Or are you unaware of the Mormon phrase, "plural gods".

Who said this? Jesus Christ, right? Who was he praying to? Himself?

You demonstrate your ignorance of the Trinity.
Christians do NOT believe that Jesus is the Father.
If YOU think that Jesus is praying "to himself", then YOU are the one who believes that Jesus is the Father. Please don't project YOUR false doctrines onto us, okay?

It is far more reasonable to accuse Mormons of modalism (that Jesus is the Father) than it is to falsely accuse Trinitarians of it:

Alma 11:44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

So you seem to be saying that Jesus is saying that the Father is "the one true God", to the exclusion of Jesus Himself. Is that what you're saying?

So are you denying the deity of Jesus (thereby contradicting Mormonism)?
Or are you claiming that Jesus is a "FALSE" God, since you believe He is not the "true" God?

1 Cor 8:

So you're claiming that Jesus is not God?

Wow, a Christian actually has to teach a Mormon what Mormonism teaches:

Isa. 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [...] 14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 10:28 Thomas answered [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!

Rom. 9:5 To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

Phil. 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Col. 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Tit. 2:13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Heb. 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

2Pet. 1:1 Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

And I remember that Mormons LOOOOOOOOOOVE to quote the ECF's:

1Clem. 16:2 The scepter of the majesty of God, even our Lord Jesus Christ, came not in the pomp of arrogance or of pride, though He might have done so, but in lowliness of mind, according as the Holy Spirit spake concerning Him. (Clement of Rome)

Eph. 1:0 I ... predestined, before time was, to be—to her abiding and unchanging glory—forever united and chosen, through real suffering, by the will of the Father and Jesus Christ our God. (Ignatius)

Eph. 18:2 The fact is, our God Jesus Christ was conceived by Mary according to God’s dispensation of the seed of David, it is true, but also of the Holy Spirit. (Ignatius)

Rom. 1:0 ... the church by the will of Him who willed all things that exist, beloved and illuminated through the faith and love of Jesus Christ our God; ... (Ignatius)

Rom. 3:3 Our God Jesus Christ certainly is the more clearly seen now that He is in the Father. (Ignatius)

Phili. 12:2 ... and may He grant unto you a lot and portion among His saints, and to us with you, and to all that are under heaven, who shall believe on our Lord and God Jesus Christ and on His Father that raised him from the dead. (Polycarp)

“And I said, ‘As you wish, Trypho, I shall come to these proofs which you seek in the fitting place; but now you will permit me first to recount the prophecies, which I wish to do in order to prove that Christ is called both God and Lord of hosts, and Jacob, in parable by the Holy Spirit; ” (Justin Martyr, Dialogue with Trypho, 36)

“He that hung up the earth in space was Himself hanged up; He that fixed the heavens was fixed with nails; He that bore up the earth was borne up on a tree; the Lord of all was subjected to ignominy in a naked body—God put to death! the King of Israel slain with Israel’s right hand! Alas for the new wickedness of the new murder! The Lord was exposed with naked body: He was not deemed worthy even of covering; and, in order that He might not be seen, the luminaries turned away, and the day became darkened because they slew God, who hung naked on the tree. ” (Melito of Sardis, Part V)

“... and the resurrection from the dead, and the ascension into heaven in the flesh of the beloved Christ Jesus, our Lord, and His [future] manifestation from heaven in the glory of the Father ‘to gather all things in one,’ and to raise up anew all flesh of the whole human race, in order that to Christ Jesus, our Lord, and God, and Saviour, and King, according to the will of the invisible Father, “every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, ...” (Irenaeus, Against Heresies, 1.10.1)

This Word, then, the Christ, the cause of both our being at first (for He was in God) and of our well-being, this very Word has now appeared as man, He alone being both, both God and man—the Author of all blessings to us; by whom we, being taught to live well, are sent on our way to life eternal. ” (Clement of Alexandria, Exhortation to the Heathen, 1)

Thus Christ is Spirit of Spirit, and God of God, as light of light is kindled.” (Tertullian, Apology, 21)

“The Logos alone of this God is from God himself; wherefore also the Logos is God, being the substance of God.” (Hippolytus, Refutation of All Heresies, 10.29)

Aaron32

One True God of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Triune God. Three in One. A mystery, but one we can accept, even if we cannot fully understand it, this side of heaven. God is not held captive to our finite ability to understand fully His nature. I accept that God is as far above us as the heavens are above the earth. I accept that He can do what we mere mortals cannot.
I can accept and agree with that answer. Why are you debating a topic that can’t be understood? You’d condemn a person for not understanding a mystery or something?

Remember this? ..."baptizing them in the NAME"--singular--"of the Father and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." ONE Name. In the Triune Godhead. Each Person in the Godhead has the same Divine Name...what is God's holy Name?
Yep. The same name as my God also. What’s the point?

Baptism does save us, but is not absolutely necessary for salvation...Jesus did not say in Mark that those who are NOT baptized are condemned. Did He? It is a means of grace, but so are the Lord's Supper and His word. I cannot say more or I will stray into Lutheranism and go off topic..
That’s an argument from absence, and John 3:5 is pretty explicit: “5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

Enduring in and of itself does not save us--atheists can endure to the end as atheists--will that endurance save them? That just means believing in Jesus until death, not rejecting Him when the going gets tough.
So, Jesus says faith in Him, believing in Him saves us to eternal life. :)
How does the going get tough? You sound like there may be some work involved or something.
Moreover, correlating this with the woman in Luke 7:50, if she does not endure, is she still saved?

Thanks for your gentle spirit. Aaron. I appreciate it. Look to the true Jesus Christ, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, for salvation, great and free!
Likewise, Bonnie. Now, please do not tell others a Mormon hasn’t answered your question.