The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

T

TomFL

Do you understand the plumb line? What that means? It is the standard of right. If you did think that thru then I wonder why you say it does not change your thinking.
Because you are clearly ignoring what the new testament states

1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV)
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

either Christ the man is your mediator or you have no mediator

And Christ is the judge

Acts 17:31 (KJV)
31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

T

TomFL

Incorrect. It's called comparing scripture with scripture
Sorry comparing scripture with scripture does not allow one to rewrite scripture

Nowhere is such a definition found

World simply does not mean elect or sheep or those not destined to wrath etc

newheart78

Sorry comparing scripture with scripture does not allow one to rewrite scripture

Nowhere is such a definition found

World simply does not mean elect or sheep or those not destined to wrath etc
It surely can, but I don't expect you to understand that.

T

TomFL

It surely can, but I don't expect you to understand that.
Produce a verse that says just that

not one where you must read it into the text

and explain how that can be in the context

John 12:47 (KJV)
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

John 3:17 (KJV)
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 3:14-18 (KJV)
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

G

guest1

Produce a verse that says just that

not one where you must read it into the text

and explain how that can be in the context

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
You will get the exact same results with this person as well who refuses to answer questions. Many here believe they are one in the same person as an FYI.

T

TomFL

Incorrect. It's called comparing scripture with scripture

When you contradict context and other scriptures that is not comparing scripture with scripture

its twisting scripture

show how in this context world can equal the elect Christ came to save

parallel text

in this context

T

TomFL

Amen which is what we suppose to do 1 Cor 2:13

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
What you guys do is not comparing scripture with scripture. What you do is read your view into scripture and then ignore all the scriptural contradictions

BTW before you can compare scripture with scripture you have to understand each verse you are going to compare in its context

and context is your enemy

brightfame52

What you guys do is not comparing scripture with scripture. What you do is read your view into scripture and then ignore all the scriptural contradictions

BTW before you can compare scripture with scripture you have to understand each verse you are going to compare in its context

You have a problem, you dont believe in the saving results of the Death of Christ. You teach that people He died for shall yet be damned for their sins !

T

TomFL

You have a problem, you dont believe in the saving results of the Death of Christ. You teach that people He died for shall yet be damned for their sins !
What I don't believe is the defective manner in which you two interpret (sic) scripture

brightfame52

What I don't believe is the defective manner in which you two interpret (sic) scripture

Again, that's a serious issue when you teach that those Christ died for are yet damned or their sins. How does that honor Christ my friend ?

T

TomFL

Again, that's a serious issue when you teach that those Christ died for are yet damned or their sins. How does that honor Christ my friend ?
Clearly it honors the magnitude of the love of God and Christ

John 3:16-17 (KJV)

Christ taught one should love your enemies

Romans 5:6-8 (KJV)
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

You however are in desparate need for a sound hermenuetic

as I stated