The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

brightfame52

Clearly it honors the magnitude of the love of God and Christ

John 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Christ taught one should love your enemies

Romans 5:6-8 (KJV)
6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

You however are in desparate need for a sound hermenuetic

as I stated

What I don't believe is the defective manner in which you two interpret (sic) scripture

What you guys do is not comparing scripture with scripture. What you do is read your view into scripture and then ignore all the scriptural contradictions

BTW before you can compare scripture with scripture you have to understand each verse you are going to compare in its context

and context is your enemy
You believe teaching that sinners Christ died for, being lost in their sins anyway, Honors Christ ?

T

TomFL

You believe teaching that sinners Christ died for, being lost in their sins anyway, Honors Christ ?
Did you not read what was written ?

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

as I stated

What I don't believe is the defective manner in which you two interpret (sic) scripture

What you guys do is not comparing scripture with scripture. What you do is read your view into scripture and then ignore all the scriptural contradictions

BTW before you can compare scripture with scripture you have to understand each verse you are going to compare in its context

G

guest1

as I stated

Yes the bopsie twins are incapable of having an intelligent discussion . They have no personal skills in human interaction and dialogue .

brightfame52

as I stated

Friend if you believe that sinners Christ died for still go to hell for the very sins He died for, that doesnt honor Christ !

T

TomFL

Friend if you believe that sinners Christ died for still go to hell for the very sins He died for, that doesnt honor Christ !
Christ dying for all is the supreme example of love

John 6:51 (KJV)
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Matthew 5:44 (KJV)
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

How can it not honor him ?

brightfame52

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

You still need to get past the idea that people Christ loved and died for their sins, still go to hell for their sins. How does that Honor Christ and His Love ? Rev 1:5-6

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

T

TomFL

You still need to get past the idea that people Christ loved and died for their sins, still go to hell for their sins. How does that Honor Christ and His Love ? Rev 1:5-6

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Did you not read ?

Do you imagine Christ preached one thing and done another ?

brightfame52

Did you not read ?

Do you imagine Christ preached one thing and done another ?

Did you not read ?

brightfame52

Scriptures points to the saving death of Christ for them He died for. Now all for whom He died had a legal union with Him and were in Him, so that when He died, they died with Him just as they had a legal union with Adam so that when he died, they died with him. So for those in Christ when He died for them, and rose again, so too also they having died in Him, must also be raised up in newness of life Rom 6:4-6

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

See those Christ died for shall walk in the newness of life, will be delivered from being a servant of sin, which is unbelief. In other words they for whom Christ died will be born again, partake of the renewing of the Holy Ghost Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The renewing of the Holy Ghost equates to walk in the newness of life in Rom 6:4 above.

T

TomFL

Scriptures points to the saving death of Christ for them He died for. Now all for whom He died had a legal union with Him and were in Him, so that when He died, they died with Him just as they had a legal union with Adam so that when he died, they died with him. So for those in Christ when He died for them, and rose again, so too also they having died in Him, must also be raised up in newness of life Rom 6:4-6

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

See those Christ died for shall walk in the newness of life, will be delivered from being a servant of sin, which is unbelief. In other words they for whom Christ died will be born again, partake of the renewing of the Holy Ghost Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The renewing of the Holy Ghost equates to walk in the newness of life in Rom 6:4 above.
There is no union with Christ until one is in Christ

That happens when one believes

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

brightfame52

There is no union with Christ until one is in Christ

That happens when one believes

Ephesians 1:13 (KJV)
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Did you see that blessed truth about the saving death of Christ ?

newheart78

Amen Brother ! If we are one whom Christ rose again for as our Surety Saviour 1 Pet. 1:3, it shall cause us, at some point in our life, to be born again / born of the Spirit and to walk in newness of life. It's the proof or evidence that His Suretyship was on our behalf. Now if that never occurs in one's lifetime, it means they were never part of His Church He died for, to whom He said:

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Because Christ as their Surety and Head rose from the dead for them, they also shall be raised from spiritual death to newness of Life in Christ.

T

TomFL

Did you see that blessed truth about the saving death of Christ ?
Though no one can be saved without it, Christ death by itself does not save

Romans 5:10 (KJV)
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

not to mention that other factor you deny

T

TomFL

Amen Brother ! If we are one whom Christ rose again for as our Surety Saviour 1 Pet. 1:3, it shall cause us, at some point in our life, to be born again / born of the Spirit and to walk in newness of life. It's the proof or evidence that His Suretyship was on our behalf. Now if that never occurs in one's lifetime, it means they were never part of His Church He died for, to whom He said:

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

Because Christ as their Surety and Head rose from the dead for them, they also shall be raised from spiritual death to newness of Life in Christ.
What you ignore

Hebrews 7:22-25 (KJV)
22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
24 But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

brightfame52

Exactly, its a very interesting study, to see where life spiritual follows the death of Christ because of our union with Him !