The Scriptures Are God's Greatest Gift to All Mankind

I did not say he can understand it,or embrace it savingly.
I said no such thing.
The 10 commandments are in his mind and conscience,although he rebels against it.
Never the less he is warned and urged to repent.

The Ten Commandments were given to ALL of Israel. To the unbeliever and believer. It was designed for national freedom.

Commanding people to not worship false gods does not save you. Keeping the Sabbath does not save you. You don't see anywhere in the 10 Commandments any mention of believing in the Lord God and you shall be saved.

Israel was God's theocracy nation that included unbelievers. It was designed for national freedom in God's manner of producing it.

Those in Israel who got saved had other things to consider as a means to believe. I Jesus day the Pharisees strictly kept the 10 Commandments and it did not save them.

Do you know what salvation is? Abraham was saved without having the Law. Noah was saved without having the Law, etc.

The Ten Commandments were given to ALL of Israel. To the unbeliever and believer. It was designed for national freedom.

Commanding people to not worship false gods does not save you. Keeping the Sabbath does not save you. You don't see anywhere in the 10 Commandments any mention of believing in the Lord God and you shall be saved.

Israel was God's theocracy nation that included unbelievers. It was designed for national freedom in God's manner of producing it.

Those in Israel who got saved had other things to consider as a means to believe. I Jesus day the Pharisees strictly kept the 10 Commandments and it did not save them.

Do you know what salvation is? Abraham was saved without having the Law. Noah was saved without having the Law, etc.
Gene,
Did I say the 10 commandments save us?
The 10 commandments have always existed, and still do exist
You are drifting from the O.P.
I think you have some confused ideas from reading your posts.
Yes...I do know what salvation is.

Yes...Romans 1 says they are without excuse because of creation, and conscience.
In the same way unsaved persons who read scripture, cannot embrace it without the Spirit,are also left without excuse as the scripture reveals they are condemned sinners
Please reword that....

Yes...Romans 1 says they are without excuse because of creation, and conscience.

OK... that appears to be fine.

Then you went here. The following makes no sense as worded.

In the same way unsaved persons who read scripture, cannot embrace it without the Spirit, are also left without excuse as the scripture reveals they are condemned sinners

How are they left without excuse? Reword that please?

Please reword that....

OK... that appears to be fine.

Then you went here. The following makes no sense as worded.

In the same way unsaved persons who read scripture, cannot embrace it without the Spirit, are also left without excuse as the scripture reveals they are condemned sinners

How are they left without excuse? Reword that please?
Rom1 declares they know there is a God,that they are accountable to.
If they eventually have the opportunity to read scripture any questions or doubts are taken away...Heb.4:12-13
Sin and death are clearly declared in detail.
There are no grey areas.

Rom1 declares they know there is a God,that they are accountable to.
If they eventually have the opportunity to read scripture any questions or doubts are taken away...Heb.4:12-13
Sin and death are clearly declared in detail.
There are no grey areas.
Seems to me that you have too much presumption is going on there.

And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah
the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone
guides me?”
And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him."
Acts 8:29-31

If they eventually have the opportunity to read scripture any questions or doubts are taken away??????????

Seems to me that you have too much presumption is going on there.

And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah
the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “How can I, unless someone
guides me?”
And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him."
Acts 8:29-31

If they eventually have the opportunity to read scripture any questions or doubts are taken away??????????
Once again the scriptures are used as the great gift to present saving truth.God uses the saints to proclaim His word,demonstrating the OP. Is correct.

Once again the scriptures are used as the great gift to present saving truth.God uses the saints to proclaim His word,demonstrating the OP. Is correct.

The point was? Though he read the Scriptures? He needed someone from God to guide him in understanding them.

Many not understand that.. The Scriptures are not a good luck charm to feel good about while reading them as if one is enjoying hearing music on the radio. They require understanding by means of sound doctrine being exposited. That is when the emotional believer retreats and runs from battle.

The Scriptures Are God's Greatest Gift to All Mankind​

Its not the greatest gift to all mankind. That would include unbelievers. Its only that way for those willing gain Christ by taking up their cross and to follow Him into His happiness, not the happiness of man. Many churches bond around a common trend that allows human happiness to try to manifest .. in the name of God.

Last edited:
The point was? Though he read the Scriptures? He needed someone from God to guide him in understanding them.

Many not understand that.. The Scriptures are not a good luck charm to feel good about while reading them as if one is enjoying hearing music on the radio. They require understanding by means of sound doctrine being exposited. That is when the emotional believer retreats and runs from battle.

Its not the greatest gift to all mankind. That would include unbelievers. Its only that way for those willing gain Christ by taking up their cross and to follow Him into His happiness, not the happiness of man. Many churches bond around a common trend that allows human happiness to try to manifest .. in the name of God.
Your posts seek to avoid this central truth of the primacy of scripture.
You speak about taking up your cross?
That would not have any meaning apart from scripture explaining the cross.
Your objections seem to be futile, and pointless

If Jesus were teaching in a classroom. He would have to stop and keep telling you to sit down and be quiet...

If a believer wants to seek truth and to grow in grace? Grace that will enable him to do so? He will have to expect to suffer various phases of growth.

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:10

One way it will happen? They will be persecuted by those who do not like accurate teaching....

Legalism instinctively despises grace enabled thinkers.

grace and peace ......

If a believer wants to seek truth and to grow in grace? Grace that will enable him to do so? He will have to expect to suffer various phases of growth.

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:10

One way it will happen? They will be persecuted by those who do not like accurate teaching....

Legalism instinctively despises grace enabled thinkers.

grace and peace ......
This post has nothing to do with this topic

This post has nothing to do with this topic
It has everything to do with it.

That is not correct. Its not to all mankind.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him;
nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. "
1 Corinthians 2:14

It has everything to do with it.

That is not correct. Its not to all mankind.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him;
nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. "
1 Corinthians 2:14
Even this verse instructs the unsaved as to their condition before God.
You would not know this unless you read it in Scripture.

I think it's subjective. What the greatest gift is to one may very well be different for another. It seems to me that creation itself would be the greatest gift to mankind.

Even this verse instructs the unsaved as to their condition before God.
You would not know this unless you read it in Scripture.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God,
for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they
are spiritually discerned. " 1 Corinthians 2:14​

Did you make a mistake? Or... do you like being foolish?

You really think that????

I have a feeling you do.

.............. nor can he know them,

You don't think with integrity. You impose your will upon what is written, and then upon others.

Keep shouting at the deaf and blind man..... Maybe you'll make sense to him.

But, first practice in the mirror.

Last edited:
I think it's subjective. What the greatest gift is to one may very well be different for another. It seems to me that creation itself would be the greatest gift to mankind.
His creation , paradise, was the greatest gift, and soon again..
but apparently we are not in His creation now, having gone out from there after
adam disobeyed and entered death.

His creation , paradise, was the greatest gift, and soon again..
but apparently we are not in His creation now, having gone out from there after
adam disobeyed and entered death.
That's interesting, eve, I don't think I've ever encountered that perspective. It does, however, remind me of several of my own interpretations of various subjects. In the KJV, at Isaiah 45:7, it translates the Hebrew ra to evil. God created evil. If you compare translations and other occurrences where the term is used, ra can be translated as gloomy, ugly, calamitous, bad, envious etc. So, God created evil, or calamity, in his response to wickedness, for example Adam's expulsion from paradise or the deluge. I often use the analogy of a disobedient child being punished by their parents. The disobedient act is bad and to the child the punishment is bad or calamitous.

When I mentioned creation I wasn't referring exclusively to paradise Eden, though. Even prior to that the firstborn of all creation, Michael, who created all other things; for example the spiritual heavens and the physical heavens.

That's interesting, eve, I don't think I've ever encountered that perspective. It does, however, remind me of several of my own interpretations of various subjects. In the KJV, at Isaiah 45:7, it translates the Hebrew ra to evil. God created evil. If you compare translations and other occurrences where the term is used, ra can be translated as gloomy, ugly, calamitous, bad, envious etc. So, God created evil, or calamity, in his response to wickedness, for example Adam's expulsion from paradise or the deluge. I often use the analogy of a disobedient child being punished by their parents. The disobedient act is bad and to the child the punishment is bad or calamitous.

When I mentioned creation I wasn't referring exclusively to paradise Eden, though. Even prior to that the firstborn of all creation, Michael, who created all other things; for example the spiritual heavens and the physical heavens.
The Tree of Life that was removed from the Garden of Eden will be found in heaven and in the new earth.

But, Eden is what allowed for man to fall. It allowed for boredom to settle in as seen with the curiosity of Adam and Eve crept in. It was without any physical threat, but not stimulating enough for the man and woman to last for all eternity.

We have been told: There will be a NEW heavens and a NEW earth. Not a returning to the 'good old' before it fell. It will be beyond what we can now dream or imagine. In perfection there will be no more need for God to be testing the volition of souls in eternity. It will be an environment with a constant forever new enjoyment and pleasures we can not now experience in the bodies we now possess.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear
with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and
everything done in it will be laid bare.
Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be?
You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and
speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire,
and the (atomic) elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we
are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." 2 Peter 3:10-13​

Its not going to be a returning to the "old good." Its going to be far beyond what even angels can now know! If we had to spend eternity on the Garden we would eventually die of boredom.

However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—
the things God has prepared for those who love him."

1 Corinthians 2:9

Some dream about returning to the Garden. That is not good enough!
That is what the Woodstock, drugged out, hippies of the 60's used to sing about.
What we are in for is infinitely greater than the Garden ever was.

grace and peace..........

That's interesting, eve, I don't think I've ever encountered that perspective.
maybe that’s a good thing you just did.

It does, however, remind me of several of my own interpretations of various subjects. In the KJV, at Isaiah 45:7, it translates the Hebrew ra to evil.

I view the kjv as a sorcery text.

God created evil.

I say no He did not. It’s because many confuse the (still) prince of the air (most likely adam) with God.

If you compare translations and other occurrences where the term is used, ra can be translated as gloomy, ugly, calamitous, bad, envious etc. So, God created evil, or calamity, in his response to wickedness, for example Adam's expulsion from paradise or the deluge.
How horrible how the satanic realm conquered eden.

I often use the analogy of a disobedient child being punished by their parents. The disobedient act is bad and to the child the punishment is bad or calamitous.
pondering.
When I mentioned creation I wasn't referring exclusively to paradise Eden, though. Even prior to that the firstborn of all creation, Michael,

Michael is coming back… being the 144k sons… the sons of God who will be restored to eden and rebuild it and rule with Christ and who during tribulation return to this corrupt earth to Rescue from here many millions of (already) believers… jacob.
who created all other things; for example the spiritual heavens and the physical heavens.

We will be restored at the chsnge to the gorgeous eden body losy because of adams crime.

Ra.

Ra is evil, a satanic ‘construct deity’ representing this sun, and not of God.

God does not create any evil and He did not create this (current) cosmos, this body, this sun, etc. His creation is in the other reality, and He declared it Good…. this satanic one, He called Death but adam disobeyed and ate of it.

Last edited:
Back