The second level of the CK…new revelation!

Mik

I appreciate your effort to appeal to the universe, but the fact is, you don't know that.

The problem is if it does affect their salvation then that salvation is works-based.

So, the saved person must do something different than those who are not saved. I realize that no reasonable person believes that they won't be held accountable for their evil works just because they said they believe in God. Unfortunately, I continue to find non-Mormon Christians who condone or justify their evil works in the name of their religion.

In addition to this, our critics refuse to admit that their works have anything to do with their salvation when, as we can see by your statements, it clearly has everything to do with one's salvation. Repentance is the process of reconciling ourselves to God and if we are not reconciled to God, then we cannot be saved.

And that is simply not true. I have never met a Christian that hates sin. The only time they hate sin is when it's been committed against them which is a typical "heart of stone" reaction. So, I'm sorry, I just don't buy your claim.

And yet, they keep doing it. 50% of our jails are filled with Christians who keep doing it. :rolleyes:

Ahh, but we don't normalize your idea of Salvation because it isn't free. It's extremely expensive. Perhaps, the most expensive of all the gifts of God. Being saved from Adam's transgression was free. The grave, through the atonement of Jesus Christ, has no power over any of us. We will all be resurrected in our perfected body never to die again.

That was free. No one had to do anything but be born to get that. But Salvation, that's not free. So, since your premise is false, so is your conclusion, but it does appear to be the result of faith-alone theology.
So you have met all Christians then?

Can you provide the reference for this statistic?

Janice Bower

Wrong page or wrong volume .... not sure where you got that quote...
I have Volume 2, open to page 287, once again in front of me. This is where I got the quote. Go get your volumes 1, 2, and three and look it up.

The covers of the volumes list only Joseph Fielding Smith. I don't like to type and you're only plaing games. The title page of Volume 2 says:
Sermons and Writings of JOSEPH FIELDING SMITH, Compiled by BRUCE R. McCONKIE, VOLUME II.

‘Wha duar meddle wi me’

Last edited:

Janice Bower

I appreciate your effort to appeal to the universe, but the fact is, you don't know that.

The problem is if it does affect their salvation then that salvation is works-based.

So, the saved person must do something different than those who are not saved. I realize that no reasonable person believes that they won't be held accountable for their evil works just because they said they believe in God. Unfortunately, I continue to find non-Mormon Christians who condone or justify their evil works in the name of their religion.

In addition to this, our critics refuse to admit that their works have anything to do with their salvation when, as we can see by your statements, it clearly has everything to do with one's salvation. Repentance is the process of reconciling ourselves to God and if we are not reconciled to God, then we cannot be saved.

And that is simply not true. I have never met a Christian that hates sin. The only time they hate sin is when it's been committed against them which is a typical "heart of stone" reaction. So, I'm sorry, I just don't buy your claim.

And yet, they keep doing it. 50% of our jails are filled with Christians who keep doing it. :rolleyes:

Ahh, but we don't normalize your idea of Salvation because it isn't free. It's extremely expensive. Perhaps, the most expensive of all the gifts of God. Being saved from Adam's transgression was free. The grave, through the atonement of Jesus Christ, has no power over any of us. We will all be resurrected in our perfected body never to die again.

That was free. No one had to do anything but be born to get that. But Salvation, that's not free. So, since your premise is false, so is your conclusion, but it does appear to be the result of faith-alone theology.

Your biggest problem, it seems, is that you don't know a Christian from a non-Christian. You're simply tryng to say that Christians don't love God.

brotherofJared

Your biggest problem,
Your biggest problem, it seems is that you think you can identify my biggest problems. :rolleyes:
that you don't know a Christian from a non-Christian.
Again, your opinion about what you think I know or don't know is irrelevant and completely pointless.
You're simply tryng to say that Christians don't love God.
And seem to be writing only to prove you don't have a clue what I'm "simply trying to say".

Yitoz

Is the person who made that statement an authority on the subject, or is it their speculation? Dying twice sounds like the second death spoken of in Rev.