The Seventy Weeks of Daniel

Here is a diagram to give you an idea of what 70 weeks and one final week look like.

You have the first 7 "weeks" being 5.43 years each (38/7), the next 62 "weeks" each being 7 years each (434/62), and the final "week" being 2,000+ years.

So according to YOUR view of the seventy “weeks”...

There is NO connection between a "week" (Hebrew šāḇûaʿ) and the number 7.

Correct?

No, you did not get what I said.

"These are not literal weeks or time periods that we add up like years. This last week since the Cross has lasted almost 2000 years, the 62 previous only 434 years, and the 7 before that only 38 years. There are no missing years, there is no gap between 29AD and 33AD because there was never a prophecy of literal years. The 70th week is after the coming of Messiah and after the 69 weeks, as was prophesied. The cutting off of Messiah was not prophesied to be 69 and 1 week. They aren't weeks at all, it is literally 70 sevens or "complete" time periods. I think you are trying to count the weeks as literal years. That's a no, no. They aren't literally 70 weeks of years. There is one key directing us to the Jubilee period, and its not literal years. There is another key to the coming of Messiah, and its not "62 years". And another for the whole New Covenant period, and it's not a week (or 7). Yet there is complete symmetry, harmony, and cohesiveness to it all. Three distinct periods, one "COMPLETE" time signified by the number 70 -- Daniel's 70 Week concerning a fullness and complete plan (7 times 10 = 70) between God and His People. Not 70 weeks of literal days, weeks, or years.

"These are not literal weeks or time periods that we add up like years. This last week since the Cross has lasted almost 2000 years, the 62 previous only 434 years, and the 7 before that only 38 years. There are no missing years, there is no gap between 29AD and 33AD because there was never a prophecy of literal years. The 70th week is after the coming of Messiah and after the 69 weeks, as was prophesied. The cutting off of Messiah was not prophesied to be 69 and 1 week. They aren't weeks at all, it is literally 70 sevens or "complete" time periods. I think you are trying to count the weeks as literal years. That's a no, no. They aren't literally 70 weeks of years. There is one key directing us to the Jubilee period, and its not literal years. There is another key to the coming of Messiah, and its not "62 years". And another for the whole New Covenant period, and it's not a week (or 7). Yet there is complete symmetry, harmony, and cohesiveness to it all. Three distinct periods, one "COMPLETE" time signified by the number 70 -- Daniel's 70 Week concerning a fullness and complete plan (7 times 10 = 70) between God and His People. Not 70 weeks of literal days, weeks, or years.

Look...

The "weeks" cannot be BOTH "time periods" and "NOT time periods".

You said... "These are not literal weeks or time periods."

And you said... it is literally 70 sevens or "complete" time periods."

Question...

Since you said... These are not literal weeks or time periods "that we add up" like years.

What do you believe...

Did the 7 and the 62 and the 1 have to add up to 70?

This is pretty good compared to what I have read recently. The whole dispensational mindset requires exact numbers from their literal interpretive template. YHWH doesn't always work that way.

Question: Did the earthly ministry of Jesus, beginning at His baptism, fulfill the first half of Daniel's 70 Weeks, leaving only the last half to be fulfilled in the future? My answer is without a doubt yes!

I think the first half of the 70th week included His Baptism and Crucifixion. The second half of week 70 included the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple.

The 70 weeks were not exactly 490 years. That is a wooden literal approach used by dispensationalists, not YHWH...

Question: Did the earthly ministry of Jesus, beginning at His baptism, fulfill the first half of Daniel's 70 Weeks, leaving only the last half to be fulfilled in the future? My answer is without a doubt yes!
I understood the 70 weeks to be 490 years, or the time from Cyrus decree until Christ death on Calvary.

Thanks. Is this to be read in the Scriptures or somewhere else?

This is known History. I read it before. But you may google it too.
Persia took over Babylon in 539 BC. Then Cyrus, the following year, made his decree. Also, you can figure out when this all took place based upon Jeremiah's prophecy describing the 70 years of captivity followed by the timing of Daniel's prayer about the release of Israel...

This is known History. I read it before. But you may google it too.
Persia took over Babylon in 539 BC. Then Cyrus, the following year, made his decree. Also, you can figure out when this all took place based upon Jeremiah's prophecy describing the 70 years of captivity followed by the timing of Daniel's prayer about the release of Israel...

THE REAL INTERPRETATION THROUGH THE BIBLE OF THE WEEK 70TH - DANIEL 9:v.27 - THE LAST WEEK - ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION

587 B.C.
- Judah is conquered by Babylon - Jerusalem and First Temple destroyed; most Jews are exiled to Babylon.

587 - 559 B.C. - The conquer of Judah's kingdom by Babylon lasted from 587 - 559 B.C.,

559 B.C.
- Babylon is CONQUERED by Cyrus IN FULFILLMENT Daniel 2:v.39-(Check it). Cyrus's reign lasted from 559-538 B.C.

GOD MOVED KING CYRUS TO REBUILD THE TEMPLE-HIS HOUSE-EXCLUSIVELY
(YEAH, ONLY THE GOD'S HOUSE IN JERUSALEM-THE TEMPLE-ONLY HIS HOUSE-ONLY THE TEMPLE) - EZRA 1:v.1-2 AND 5:v.13, AND 6:v.3.
NOTE: ARTAXERXES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REBUILD THE TEMPLE THAT ENDED IN 516BC. ARTAXERXES WAS NOT BORN YET.

559 BC -
GOD, yes, GOD, stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, The Lord GOD of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and He hath charged me to build Him AN HOUSE (A TEMPLE EXCLUSIVELY, that is His house only) at Jerusalem, which is in Judah-Ezra 1:v.1 to 11.

Then the rebuilding of the Temple of Jerusalem is authorized by Cyrus in his 1st year-559 B.C - Ezra 5:v.13 and 6:v.3. Then rose up the chief of the fathers of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests, and the Levites, with all them whose spirit God had raised, to go up to build the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem. And all they that were about them strengthened their hands with vessels of silver, with gold, with goods, and with beasts, and with precious things, beside all that was willingly offered.

Please, it is important that you understand that the LORD not only commanded the rebuilding of the Temple, but He would also go to monitor its rebuilding by the entire time of the building, i.e. 21 years (21 days - Check it in DANIEL 10:v.13), once the ruler of the Kingdom was a Gentile and he was between GOD and the people of GOD.

DETAIL: Even MICHAEL went there to help the rebuilding of the Temple as was commanded by GOD for to do. But some time later the LORD would go to cease/close the kingdom of Cyrus and hand over the Persian Kingdom to the Greeks- DANIEL 10:v.20-21 and DANIEL 2:v.39-(check it).

Part of the Temple was built in the time of Cyrus, and part in the time of Darius, until the end of the rebuilding. There were many difficulties and even stoppages in rebuilding the Temple, the House of GOD, despite having been commanded by GOD to rebuild it. However, the LORD was monitoring its rebuilding by the entire time of the building, by the way the rebuilding of the Temple finished after 21 years around THE YEAR 516 B.C. The Temple reconstruction ended in 516 B.C. - Ezra 6:v.15-CJB ou Jewish Torah

522 B.C.
- Darius reigned from year 522-486 B.C.

Captivity of Israel lasted 70 years--> 587 B.C.-70=
517B.C. and the Temple reconstruction ended in 516 B.C. - Ezra 6:v.15-CJB ou Jewish Torah - This house was finished on the third day of the month Adar, in the SIXTH year of the reign of Daryavesh (Darius) the king. First year of Darius was in 522 B.C.---> his sixth year - 516 B.C.

Again: Captivity of Israel lasted 70 years, so 587 B.C. - 70 = 517 B.C.

End of the rebuilding of the Temple was in around 516 B.C. according to Scripture quoted above.- Ezra 6:v.15

7 weeks = 49 years-->(End of rebuilding) 516 B.C. - 49 = 467 B.C.

62 weeks = 434 years..---> 467 B.C - 434 B.C = 33 B.C. Until this point 483 years or 69 weeks(62 plus 7 weeks) of prophecy have fulfilled itself LITERALLY, i.e. from year 516 B.C. until year 33 B.C.. THIS IS REAL. THIS IS TRUER.

NOTE: Jesus was born around 4 BC, so there was a gap of around 30 years, from 33 B.C. until JESUS's birth in around year 4B.C. The last week of years-that is the week 70th Daniel 9:v.27 stayed in suspense, I would say the week 70th remained in stand by until this current time and manifestation of the Abomination of Desolation in the midst of the week and until the consumation, until the END of the Devil's world.

Year 1BC - 1AD (year ZERO???) END OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.

26/27 AD - JESUS started his Ministry.

29/30 AD - JESUS was crucified AFTER the week 69 finished in 33 BC as is above described.

2020-2030 AD - The last week 70th Daniel 9:v.27 is WITHIN this decade.

THE LAST WEEK - WEEK 70th DANIEL 9:v.27 - SEQUENCE OF EVENTS

- The Jewish Man Beast of the earth-earth is ISRAEL-Revelation 13:v.11- , will manifest himself in Jerusalem, and he will make an alliance with the Man Gentile Beast of sea, and will give to the Gentile Man Beast of sea his Power, and his Throne, and great Authority-Revelation 13:v.2. Note that the roots of the enthroned Gentile Beast is Babylon; As is written, the Beast of sea is like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion-Babylon-DANIEL 7:v.4-6.

- Why will the esoteric, and kabbalistic, and spiritist false messiah give his Power, and his Throne, and also Great Authority to the Beast man of the sea? What is the intention of the false messiah in this satanic "goodness"? He will even give the COURT to the Gentiles to tread down the holy city for 42 months which is the FIRST half of the last week, week 70th Daniel 9: v.27-Reevelation 11: v.2 and Revelation 13: v.5. Will not this BESTIAL alliance be the establishment of the fifth and last/final Satanic Empire? DANIEL 2:v.41-42? Of course it is.

- Then the COURT of the Temple will be given to the Gentile nations - Revelation 11:v.2. JERUSALEM is trodden for 42 months by the Gentile peoples. The FIRST half of the last week begins - 42 months or 3 years and half.

- ENDING the first half of the last week, the Man Beast of sea left the SATANIC messianic Throne, and the ruthless esoteric, and kabbbalistic, and spiritist false messiah will sit on his throne, the Abomination of Desolation is established and will last 1.260 days plus 30 days, so it will endure 1.290 days. END OF THE DEVIL'S WORLD.

- There will be a gap of 45 days, something like a breath, getting to 1.335 days, the day of the MANIFESTATION/REVELATION/RETURN of the Lord JESUS Christ. END OF THE DISPENSATION OF GRACE, AND THE THIRD HEAVEN IS ESTABLISHED - Revelation 5:v.10 and Matthew 5:v.5.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS ESTABLISHED-Luke 20:v.35-36 and Revelation 11:v.15 - IN FACT THE THIRD HEAVEN or THIRD CELESTIAL ENVIRONMENT- 2 COR. 12:v.2.

THE THIRD HEAVEN WILL LAST 1.000 YEARS. - 2 COR. 12:v.2.

May or LORD God bless and keep us, and give us His protection

Amen.

Get ready.

P.S.

If the Trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?

I'd rather that He fulfilled the first half, but beginning when He closed the scroll in the synagogue.

Hello, I'm new here. But there is nothing new in this thread. Let me point out a couple of indisputable facts that might be helpful ...

FACT#1) Daniels 70 weeks are correctly interpreted as a literal and contiguous 490 year time period. In Daniel it states "Seventy weeks are determined". The word determined there means predetermined, fixed and immovable. You cannot insert a gap in between the 69th and 70th week. Doing so may be convenient for your "system", but it is not taught in Daniel ... or anywhere in the New Testament.

FACT#2) Correctly identifying the beginning of this time period and (correctly) doing the math gives us close to the exact time that Christ was born. And the time of the crucifixtion. The jews knew. Herod knew. The Magi knew. It was the proper time.

FACT#3) Jesus was crucified in the midst of the 70th week, which is precisely what it says in Daniel.

FACT#4) If your "system" teaches that the 70th week is in the future, please refer to FACT#1

Hope this helps,
John

Jesus fully completed his mission on earth.

"I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. (John 17:4)

NO, the 7 year treaty, as described in Daniel 9:27, must be continuous.
There is no "7 year peace treaty" in scripture. That is fiction.

In Daniel the Messiah "confirms the covenant". Many have misinterpreted (and even mistranslated in some Bibles) this as "The antichrist makes a peace treaty with Israel".

The fact that there is no "peace treaty" becomes very evident when you look for it in Revelation and it is not there.

There is no "7 year peace treaty" in scripture. That is fiction.

Agreed.

In Daniel the Messiah "confirms the covenant". Many have misinterpreted (and even mistranslated in some Bibles) this as "The antichrist makes a peace treaty with Israel".

Agreed. It is Messiah the Prince, according to context who has confirmed the covenant. Not a third party of "evil person" as "he" from elsewhere to fit their flawed doctrine.

The fact that there is no "peace treaty" becomes very evident when you look for it in Revelation and it is not there.

Indeed.

The final week of Daniel 9:27 is the whole covenant week and it has everything to do with Christ's New Testament congregation.

Hello, I'm new here. But there is nothing new in this thread. Let me point out a couple of indisputable facts that might be helpful ...

FACT#1) Daniels 70 weeks are correctly interpreted as a literal and contiguous 490 year time period. In Daniel it states "Seventy weeks are determined". The word determined there means predetermined, fixed and immovable. You cannot insert a gap in between the 69th and 70th week. Doing so may be convenient for your "system", but it is not taught in Daniel ... or anywhere in the New Testament.

FACT#2) Correctly identifying the beginning of this time period and (correctly) doing the math gives us close to the exact time that Christ was born. And the time of the crucifixtion. The jews knew. Herod knew. The Magi knew. It was the proper time.

FACT#3) Jesus was crucified in the midst of the 70th week, which is precisely what it says in Daniel.

FACT#4) If your "system" teaches that the 70th week is in the future, please refer to FACT#1

Hope this helps,
John
One of the biggest problems with the gap in between the 69th and 70th week like most falsely believe, is the fact that then, the Messiah's work on the cross that is being revealed in Daniel 9:24 and which was supposed to be fulfilled within the 70 weeks, would have been fulfilled in the gap and not in the 70 weeks at all.

For Daniel 9:26 very clearly reveals that after the 7 weeks and 62 weeks which equals 69 weeks, the Messiah would be cut off (crucified) and then the reconcilion for iniquity that Jesus provided for in his death, and as per Daniel 9:24, wouldn't have been fufilled within the 70 weeks at all but rather within the gap.

Also, in Daniel 9:27 the word "confirm" doesn't allow for this idea that it is speaking of any peace treaty that will be broken half way through the week.

For the actual Hebrew word means to make something strong or solid or empowered and if therefore the covenant is made strong for one week, how could it then also be broken in the middle of that week like many on this forum falsely believe?

Clearly the 70 weeks as per Daniel 9:24, are all about the full work of Jesus Christ on this earth at his first coming period.

Last edited:
I read, understand and believe what the Bible plainly states.
I have never been brainwashed by a Bible College and the Methodist Church that my parents brought me up in, never mentioned Bible Prophecy at all. I also reject all the Commentaries, Jerome's included.
So my views on the end time events yet to happen, are what is clearly Written.

Jesus did NOT fulfil the first half of the Seventieth Week at His first Advent. There is no evidence that He did. He was Crucified at the exact end of the 69th week.
Daniel 9:
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

How Daniel’s Prophecy of 70 Weeks Connects to the End Times
Clarence L. Haynes Jr.; Contributing Writer

If you use a literal interpretation of the prophecy of the 70 weeks, then it begins with the declaration to rebuild the wall in Jerusalem. King Artaxerxes gave this decree in 444 BC. At that point, Nehemiah led the charge to reinforce the gates of the temple and to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, which took 49 years and equates to the first 7-week period.

From this point forward, there would be another 434 years as Israel waited for the coming of the Messiah. Again, if you use a literal translation of the 434 years and consider the 360-day calendar, we mentioned earlier, this would bring us into the time of Jesus in 33 A.D. This part of Daniel’s prophecy was fulfilled in 33 A.D. when Jesus made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem.

Read Daniel 9:24 and realize this, that Jesus fulfilled everything that is spoken of in that verse at his first coming, the first half started at his ministery with his baptism and the middle was when he died for sins, then the second have began at his resurrection from the dead and ended shortly after the conversion and appointment of Paul to take Judas's place as the 12th Apostle.

You will also notice, that there is nothing in Daniel 9:24 that is negative but all of it is positive.

What throws many people off on this, is the last have of Daniel 9:26 and 9:27 where Daniel adds another prophecy appart from the 70 7s and about what will happen to those who reject the confirmed covenant and both for that immediate generation and also all of the other generationss following it and right up to the last one at the second comming and consumation.

You see, there is no rule that Daniel was only speaking of the prophecy of the 70 weeks of years in Daniel 9 and nothing else and which many want to force into the chapter.

He was only giving another prophecy of what would happen to those who rejected what Christ did at his first coming.

You must remember this also, that the resurrection and the ascension to the throne at the right hand of God and the pouring out of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and the establishing the church in the truth and doctrines and Paul's conversion and apostleship to the Gentiles was also part of the convenant being confirmed.

In fact, Paul's conversion and anointing to be the Apostle to the Gentiles is very important and not only for the Gentiles would would believe through his knowledge but also to bring in a better understanding of the covenant to the other 11 Apostles and to write 13 books of the NT.

One last thing here, there is nothing mentioned about antichrist in what was to be accomplished in the 70 weeks of years prophecy at all bit is all about what Christ would do at his first coming and all of the future prophesies that weren't fulfilled yet were sealed up then also.

Daniel 9:
24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

How Daniel’s Prophecy of 70 Weeks Connects to the End Times
Clarence L. Haynes Jr.; Contributing Writer

If you use a literal interpretation of the prophecy of the 70 weeks, then it begins with the declaration to rebuild the wall in Jerusalem. King Artaxerxes gave this decree in 444 BC. At that point, Nehemiah led the charge to reinforce the gates of the temple and to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem, which took 49 years and equates to the first 7-week period.

From this point forward, there would be another 434 years as Israel waited for the coming of the Messiah. Again, if you use a literal translation of the 434 years and consider the 360-day calendar, we mentioned earlier, this would bring us into the time of Jesus in 33 A.D. This part of Daniel’s prophecy was fulfilled in 33 A.D. when Jesus made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem.
If you are one of those who belleve in the gap theory, you need to asnwer this question, for if there was a gap in between the 69 weeks and that last week, then as Daniel 9:26 very clearly reveals, the Messiah would have been cut off outside of the 70 weeks of years and this would contradict what Daniel was told would be fullfilled in those 70 weeks of years as per Daniel 9:24.

Notice, one of the objectives was to make an atoimment for iniquity and there is no way this could have been done without Jesus dying on the cross to make that atoinment.

So as I stated already, Daniel 9:26 says that this would happen after the 69 weeks of years and which would put it in the middle of that last week and it also means that the last week would have to follow immediately after the 69 previously fulfilled weeks and with no gap in between them period.

Back