The Son is God in Generation.

Jesus' Father is his God.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Throughout His ministry He always referred to His Father, NOT His God.

Okay………. so……….

1) Is this statement true?
The Son is the One Essence of the Trinity in generation. That is to say, ever begotten or conceived Wisdom/Word.

2) Is this statement true?
The Son is the First Person of the Trinity in generation. That is to say, ever begotten or conceived Wisdom/Word.

3) Is this statement true?
The Son is the Second Person of the Trinity in generation. That is to say, ever begotten or conceived Wisdom/Word.

NOTE: These statements are composed of TRINITARIAN terms.
Yachristian ,The Son is God The Word The Second Personalis of the Blessed Trinity.

Question 1 is written too inexact and therefore false.

Question 2 is written too inexact and therefore false.

Question 3 is written too inexact and therefore false.

All of my post rightly divide and place in order, and all of your questions confuse and shovel the order about in a straw and fallacious manner.

The Creed says : God The Son the Second Person is Eternally Begotten/Generated. The Person of The Divine Word or The Hypostasis of The Divine Wisdom ,The Son of God. How many ways can I say the same thing?

24. But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Yachristian the problem is you start by making excuses, glossing over or circumventing The subsisting Divine Relation which clearly imports and distinction (Relative Opposito) of The Father The Son and The Holy Ghost All of which could only be expressed by way of Hypostasis.

Lets take classical Oneness half baked Christological/ Theological science- The Logos is God means of Self Disclosure , God in Self Expression, God in Self Revelation. The son pre existed in God mind idea plans or thoughts. Each of these modes of signification are Abstract. and wanting for the Concrete. Now since God is not wanting but absolutely Supremely Self Subsisting Being . in God the abstract is contained in the concrete It follows that The Logos is likewise Substantial , . That is as 4th century Latin Boethius says,' What God is and Whereby He is are the Same.

Oneness says, The Logos is God in Self Expression ( whatever that even means). St John Prologue shows that there is in God an Intellectual Conception /Begotten/Conceived Wisdom, which denotes Birth.

Therefore Yachristian the Concrete determinate manner of Divine Self Expression is by way of Procession of The Logos in God which is rightly called Generation and The Consubstantial Word Himself proceeding is properly called Eternally Begotten and Son.

We worship One God in Three Interrelated Persons signified by Trinity. You like to erroneously assert The Father The Son and The Holy Spirit are one or the same Person when where by it is the very relation an Origin of supposing The Father The Son The Holy Spirit, of itself is distinguished in Persons plural. God is Trine because He is at One and at the same time One Person of The Father another of The Son and another of The Holy Spirit.

....... Alan

The Son is God in Generation.
1) Is this statement true?
The Son is the One Essence of the Trinity in generation.

2) Is this statement true?
The Son is the First Person of the Trinity in generation.

3) Is this statement true?
The Son is the Second Person of the Trinity in generation.
Question 1 is written too inexact and therefore false.
Question 2 is written too inexact and therefore false.
Question 3 is written too inexact and therefore false.

So……….

What IS your definition for the word “God” in your statement…

“The Son is God in Generation.”

You say it is NOT…
“the One Essence of the Trinity”
“the First Person of the Trinity”
“the Second Person of the Trinity”

Back