The "soul" or "Soul" .........

Bob Carabbio

No no offense intended.

But is what you are saying is that no one will ever be.
No one will ever be what??
What did Christianity teach you?
That my SOUL is immortal, but my physical Body isn't.
That no one will ever matter again?
What's THAT supposed to mean??
go a head and admit it Bob.
You did not really get converted did you.
Sorry, but I was Born Again BACK IN 1963, and have been a Christian for 58 years.

Gary Mac

Matt 12:18 . . Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen; My Beloved in whom My
soul is well-pleased

That's quoted from Isa 42:1 where the Hebrew word for "soul" is nephesh (neh'
fesh) which is the same word for Isaac's soul in Gen 27:3-4.

Both Matt 12:18 and Isa 42:1 speak of Christ.
Yes and Christ simply means to be anointed of God. It always has been that way with God in man. And either you are anointed of God, Christ in you, or you are not.
Well; if Isaac had a soul, and if God has a soul, then Jesus must have a soul too;
and of course he does.
Yes same soul, or mind that of God, just as we all are who has His same SPirit as our own disposition and walk in it as He walks in it.
John 12:27 . . Now my soul has become troubled
_
But if one who is anointed of God as Jesus was anointed of God where God opens all of His heaven to you then the soul is at peace with Him for we are like Him same mind, same light and walk in it as He is in it where our identity is with Him just as Jesus identity was with Him.

Gary Mac

hell is not a parable
True, Heaven and hell is the state of ones being for they do not come with observation they are within you and either you are of His heaven to be like Him in a state pf Love or you are not and live a life in speculation turmoil. Luke 27:20-21

Slyzr

How immature and such a lame remark.

Everyone matters to God and His will is that we all be in His same image. If you cant be in His same image then you should not comment in ignorance for it really makes you look foolish.

BTW I did not find the Father, He found me, He wasnt lost. All I did was obey His will, repent from myself to be as He is as He demands of us and have His same mind, perfect even as my Father in heaven is perfect.

And when you see Him as He is -- if you ever do-- ye shall be like Him as well. 1 John 3.

Then we will never be.

But we are......

Dant01

According to Siddhartha Gautama, the inventor of Buddhism, there is no personal
"soul" that continues to exist beyond the demise of one's organic body; ergo: one's
original self no longer exists after death.

FAQ: So then in Buddhist rebirth; what is reborn if not the person?

A: Buddhist rebirth is not a resurrection, rather, reincarnation; viz: a
rearrangement of the karmic matter that was once a particular individual. The
complete teaching is a bit complex but in a nutshell, Buddhists can expect to return
as either gods, asuras, hungry ghosts, Hell beings, animals, and/or humans.

In addition: reincarnation doesn't stop with one event; but is potentially a never
ending cycle of birth, misery, and death called samsara.

Unlike reincarnation's potentially never-ending cycle of birth, misery, and death;
Christianity allots but one resurrection per person (Dan 12:2, John 5:29, Rev 20:5
6). So then, those who undergo a second death in the reservoir of brimstone
depicted at Rev 20:10-15 won't be coming back in another form because they will
have used up their one allotted resurrection in order to face justice at the Great
White Throne event.
_

Last edited:

Slyzr

According to Siddhartha Gautama, the inventor of Buddhism, there is no personal
"soul" that continues to exist beyond the demise of one's organic body; ergo: one's
original self no longer exists after death.

FAQ: So then in Buddhist rebirth; what is reborn if not the person?

A: Buddhist rebirth is not a resurrection, rather, reincarnation; viz: a
rearrangement of the karmic matter that was once a particular individual. The
complete teaching is a bit complex but in a nutshell, Buddhists can expect to return
as either gods, asuras, hungry ghosts, Hell beings, animals, and/or humans.

In addition: reincarnation doesn't stop with one event; but is potentially a never
ending cycle of birth, misery, and death called samsara.

Unlike reincarnation's potentially never-ending cycle of birth, misery, and death;

Christianity allots but one resurrection per person (Dan 12:2, John 5:29, Rev 20:5
6). So then, those who undergo a second death in the reservoir of brimstone
depicted at Rev 20:10-15 won't be coming back in another form because they will
have used up their one allotted resurrection in order to face justice at the Great

White Throne event.
_

See great white throne event.

So they take our possible existence?

and say NOT good enough?

Gary Mac

scripture?
Spirit, We are spirit beings. This mortal body is only the temple for His Spirit. Spirit is who we are not what we are. Your soul is who you are not what you are.

Everything about God is SPirit, your soul and either you are like Him or you are not.

Slyzr

Spirit, We are spirit beings. This mortal body is only the temple for His Spirit. Spirit is who we are not what we are. Your soul is who you are not what you are.

Everything about God is SPirit, your soul and either you are like Him or you are not.

Hate to break the news to you; but we cannot be Jesus ..... or his father.

If we are then we do not exist.

Beloved Daughter

So... you watched a video and now you are an expert. Cool, challenge accepted.

@0:35
Error. It is not the Soul that reincarnates, it is the Spirit.

@1:00
Transmigration of Soul. Again, it is Spirit, not Soul that reincarnates.

@1:12
Claims of 'no proof' is a lie that only the most ignorant and gullible will believe. Lots of 'Strawman' arguments in that section.

@1:40
Presenter twists Hebrews 9:27 to make it say something it doesn't. Most Christians fall for that one.

If everyone must 'die once', then you can toss Rapture out the window. Do not forget to erase all of the verses teaching that dead people came back to life (e.g. Lazarus, Valley of Dry bones, etc.) Erase the verses about Enoch and Elijah not dying. I could go on...

@2:11
Presenter uses Luke 23:43 to make a completely pointless argument that since Jesus didn't use the word 'reincarnation', then reincarnation must not exist. Whatever.

@2:22
Eternal Punishment describes the LENGTH of the sentence, NOT the TYPE of punishment. In other words, God will not change his mind. The sentence is permanent. The Unsaved will be reincarnated whether they like it or not. They have no say in the matter.

@2:38
Presenter claims our identity does not change after death. This is incorrect. We receive a New Name in the Book of Revelation.

@3:10
One does not have to die (i.e. Elijah) in order to be reincarnated. The presenter is lying again.

@3:20
The old 'It is not literal' argument. Sorry, it *is* literal. John the Baptist LITERALLY came in the Spirit and Power of Elijah. As I mentioned previously, it is the Spirit that reincarnates. The presenter has no clue what he is talking about.

@3:40
Too many assumptions on the presenter's part. John the Baptist can still reincarnate as Elijah in the future. So, moot point. There are other arguments we can use here.

@3:50
Who are you going to believe? Either John or Jesus lied... period. I say it was John who lied.

@4:00
Who cares what other religions believe.

Conclusion:
The presenter made several errors and contradictions. He set up Straw Man arguments to easily knock them down. This guy could not debate his way out of a paper bag.

I win this round. :cool:

He made no errors. Not a single one. Simply stated, you have proven you don't know the first thing about proper exegesis of scripture.

This should help. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical-grammatical_method

Beloved Daughter

One thing you will notice Slyzr, is that whenever someone claims Reincarnation is not Biblical, they will never, ever in a million bazillion years post the verses that prove they are correct.

Here is a typical example...

See that? No verses were posted. We are simply supposed to take her word for it.

I on the other hand, can prove my claim all day and every day. I can post verse after verse showing that Reincarnation is one hundred percent Biblical.

How about another?

Isaiah 51:1
"Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged."

The above verse is stating that the folks being hearkened to were 'digged out of a pit'. But wait! Is not 'The Pit' where Hell is? Why yes it is...

Isaiah 14:15
"Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

So how is it that people are born from the Pits of Hell? Easy, The Pit is simply a reference to the Womb of Creation. In this case, The Pit is Sarah's Womb...

Isaiah 51:2
"Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him."

Hell is a parable for the Womb and Reincarnation. Christianity has been lied to and yet they never bothered to double check. :cry:

Elementary... No verses posted, because the bible doesn't teach reincarnation. That's why the Bible doesn't talk about the contrast between F-14 and F-16 fighter jets. They aren't important to the Christian faith.

I didn't learn this from a video, I read it in my most prized possession, the Bible. The Bible that says zilch about reincarnation.

Go tell this story to Oprah. Perhaps she'll invite you to her Soul Sunday perversions. I hear tell, she believes this nonsense.

Last edited:

Gary Mac

Hate to break the news to you; but we cannot be Jesus ..... or his father.
Now you are getting the message.
If we are then we do not exist.
If you are then you are a god

And I have news for you, No flesh inherits the kingdom of God but sadly most worship a man as a god instead of the One WHo was in Christ Jesus and sent him to show you the way to Him that you may have in you the same mind Jesus had in himself from God.

Ontos

eve and I have been batting this back and forth for a bit.

What is a soul ......

Do you consider a soul as being yourself?

An extrapolation of your self?

Or something else?
The "soul" is the principle of life for all living beings

Aristotle wrote about it in "On the Soul". It was translated to Latin as "De Anima" and "anima" where we derive animate and it's negation inanimate

It is not the "self", it is the act of life. Or, you could say a soul is what a living body has that a dead one does not...