The Source of False Religion . . .

I've quoted them in this forum at least 10 times by now.
You simply ignore them.
No. I don't ignore them, but their interpretation was 180 degrees from yours. They were Sola Scriptura only in the context of their interpretation, the Church's interpretation, not your fundamentalist interpretation.

No. I don't ignore them, but their interpretation was 180 degrees from yours.

So according to Romanist standards, your UNOFFICIAL interpretation of their UNOFFICIAL interpretatation is 180 degrees from mine.

So why should anyone care about your UNOFFICIAL interpretation?
I think all semi-unbiased readers can see the blatant double standard you're trying to engage in.

So why should anyone care about your UNOFFICIAL interpretation?
Same to you. Look, this is what this is. Oe interpretation differs from another and you are okay with the one you believe, and I am okay with the one I believe.

And how do you know this? Other than your peculiar biblical interpretation, or just uttering an opinion, you cannot prove such a thing.
it’s not My proving anything.…
I’m a helpless soul.

Please pray He show you..

<sigh>

I've quoted them in this forum at least 10 times by now.
You simply ignore them.

Here they are again:

Sola Scriptura:

Sola Fide:

The church was NOT built upon Peter:
I will have to check them out but I don't think that the word "alone" is used in those passages.

I will have to check them out but I don't think that the word "alone" is used in those passages.
He quoted them as being "Sola Scriptura", but their take on things was not Protestant style. Let us look at their viewpoint on the Papacy for example.

St. Augustine.

Among these [apostles] Peter alone almost everywhere deserved to represent the whole Church. Because of that representation of the Church, which only he bore, he deserved to hear “I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven” (Sermons 295:2 [A.D. 411]

Tertillian

[T]he Lord said to Peter, “On this rock I will build my Church, I have given you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [and] whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven” [Matt. 16:18-19]. … Upon you, he says, I will build my Church; and I will give to you the keys, not to the Church; and whatever you shall have bound or you shall have loosed, not what they shall have bound or they shall have loosed (Modesty 21:9-10 [A.D. 220]).

Irenaeus
… the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles. Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. With that church, because of its superior origin, all the churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition (Against Heresies 3:3:2 [inder A.D. 189]

Cyprian

With a false bishop appointed by heretics, they dare even to set sail and carry letters from schismatics and blasphemers to the Chair of Peter and to the principal church [at Rome], in which sacerdotal unity has it's source" (Epistle to Cornelius [Bishop of Rome] 59:14 [A.D. 252]).

Clement of Alexandria
[T]he blessed Peter, the chosen, the preeminent, the first among the disciples, for whom alone with himself the Savior paid the tribute [Matt. 17:27], quickly grasped and understood their meaning. And what does he say? “Behold, we have left all and have followed you” [Matt. 19:2 7, Mark 10:28] (Who is the Rich Man that is Saved? 21:3-5 [A.D. 200]

Cyril of Jeruselam

In the power of the same Holy Spirit, Peter, both the chief of the apostles and the keeper of the keys of the kingdom of heaven, in the name of Christ healed Aeneas the paralytic at Lydda, which is now called Diospolis [Acts 9 ;3 2-3 4] (Catechetical Lectures 17;27 [A.D. 350]).

Yes, we have heard it before. Babylon became a dwelling-place of demons....."

Revelations 18:2, "He called out with a mighty voice, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! It has become a dwelling-place of demons, a haunt of every foul spirit, a haunt of every foul bird, a haunt of every foul and hateful beast."

It is sad that some Christians would stoop that low to equate the CC with Babylon.
It is the Catholic church which claims the dietary laws are done away with rendering all animals clean. Thus there can be no such thing as a "foul bird" or an "unclean bird", yet Revelation contradicts that claim.

Some Christians do stoop, but only out of reverence for God's word.

It is the Catholic church which claims the dietary laws are done away with rendering all animals clean
This is true and perfectly fine. Now you do realize that the fowl or beef that you buy from your local grocery store does not conform to the stringent dietary laws that God has ordained, right? A Piggly Wiggly chicken is not Kashrut.

This is true and perfectly fine.
A bold admission if ever there was one.
Now you do realize that the fowl or beef that you buy from your local grocery store does not conform to the stringent dietary laws that God has ordained, right?
False. I don't buy meat from the local grocery stores. I don't eat anything that isn't kosher. Regardless, this isn't about me so you've conceded the point already.
A Piggly Wiggly chicken is not Kashrut.
Very true! It's unclean which is a blatant and obvious contradiction to Catholic doctrine. Q.E.D.

A bold admission if ever there was one.

False. I don't buy meat from the local grocery stores. I don't eat anything that isn't kosher. Regardless, this isn't about me so you've conceded the point already.

Very true! It's unclean which is a blatant and obvious contradiction to Catholic doctrine. Q.E.D.
Moreover, the chickens are coming home to roost. The government is now stepping in and testing these unclean birds. They're now being gassed after failing bird flu and Covid tests. Hundreds of thousands of birds are being put down all over the world because they're not clean.

Moreover, the chickens are coming home to roost. The government is now stepping in and testing these unclean birds. They're now being gassed after failing bird flu and Covid tests. Hundreds of thousands of birds are being put down all over the world because they're not clean.
So, who really cares? I live and I eat and I continue to live. Nothing is unclean to take into the body as Jesus said, it is only that which can come out of people's mouths that can be unclean.

Good for you. Now, do you also follow the other 600 or so OT commands? But this is about you and your 7th Dayer views. There is a 7th Day Adventist thread, should you not be taking this stuff there?

Back