The Spirit of The Lord aka The Holy Spirit is introduced in 3:17.

Yahchristian

And The Spirit of The Lord aka The Holy Spirit is introduced in 3:17.
Case closed.

2 Corinthians 3:17... Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

TRINITARIANS, concerning 2 Corinthians 3:17...

1) Is this true or false? (I say false.)

“The Spirit” is not “that Spirit”.

2) Is this true or false? (I say false.)

“The Spirit of the Lord” is not “the Lord”.

Last edited:
No mention of any "third person" in that Scripture.

It's referring to Christ as the Lord who is the Spirit (the Holy Spirit).

It's referring to The Spirit of The Lord(The Holy Spirit) who IS The Lord.

It's referring to Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:3-5
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16
14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

It's referring to Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 4:3-5
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5 For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16
14 But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. 15 Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
The title Christ does NOT appear in 3:17.

In 3:17 The Spirit of The Lord is identified as THAT Spirit.

Okay.. but are you able to answer the questions from the original post...

Concerning 2 Corinthians 3:17... Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

But NOT in3:17.
NO reference to THAT Spirit in 3:14-16.

Oh really?

2 Cor 3:14-16

"The Lord" in vs 16 IS NOT the Lord in vs 17??

You sure?

Okay.. but are you able to answer the questions from the original post...

Concerning 2 Corinthians 3:17... Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

TRUE to BOTH.

Oh really?

2 Cor 3:14-16

"The Lord" in vs 16 IS NOT the Lord in vs 17??

You sure?
The Lord is ALWAYS The Lord.

Yep, The same Lord, The Holy Spirit.

Exactly. The same Lord, good.

Now look:

2 Cor 3:14, 16
14Only in Christ is it taken away.
16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

SEE? "the Lord" is "Christ" in verse 14..

Back