The succession of popes and their questionable behaviour

balshan

and all of you in your church are sinless and saints, correct?

ad hominem!!!
All true believers belong to the true church and it is full of saints. True believers are not a denomination and do not follow false doctrines or men.

No ad hominem. I wish RCs would learn what that means.

Bonnie

For centuries there has been a succession of questionable or evil popes. This site lists some of them:

https://xcjournal.org/the-errors-of-catholicism/bad-popes/ But there are so many sites where the evil acts of the leaders of the RCC can be found. It has made me question how can there be a claim of being the one true church when these popes have not suffered God's discipline.

Verses to support God disciplining are found:

Hebrews 12:5-7, Proverbs 3:11-12, Deut 4:36 and there are well over 70 verses that tell us about His disciipline.

Some even suffered death for disobedience starting with Adam and Eve. Cities of Sodom and Gormorrah, Lot's wife, Ananias and his wife, Moses not allowed to go into the promised land. The list is long, yet these popes are kept in power by the institution.

To me this is saying the RCC is not what it claims to be. My question is why are the evil popes not disciplined if they are truly believers and if they are not believers then why are they made popes.
Hey, balshan, the link doesn't work? Could you relink us to it?

RayneBeau

not as simple as in protestantism where you ask for forgiveness directly to god. just you and god, no need for a third party. your slate is clean all over again. what is more easier than this?
Ram, where in the Bible do you ever witness the apostles themselves explicitly forgiving other's sins?
Instead ram, we witness the apostles proclaiming God's forgiveness of sin based on belief in Christ as Savior. Where do you find the apostles forgiving people's sins, instead of merely announcing what heaven had already announced?

Bonnie

ramcam2

All true believers belong to the true church and it is full of saints. True believers are not a denomination and do not follow false doctrines or men.

No ad hominem. I wish RCs would learn what that means.
so is the catholic church, we have also saints not just your church. our saints are real persons with names and life histories. your saints, like your true believers cannot be seen or located. they are nowhere to be found.

balshan

so is the catholic church, we have also saints not just your church. our saints are real persons with names and life histories. your saints, like your true believers cannot be seen or located. they are nowhere to be found.
No every true believer is a saint. Your institution is full of sinners. Their names and histories can be found in the court records. Your saints are false and do false miracles.

Bonnie

All true believers in the true Jesus Christ of the Bible are saints and are called so, in the Bible. So, we can certainly be seen and located and found. I am a saint. Balshan is a saint. Mica is a saint. Raynebeau is a saint. All God's children in Christ Jesus our Lord are saints.

So, your post is highly inaccurate.

ramcam2

No every true believer is a saint. Your institution is full of sinners. Their names and histories can be found in the court records. Your saints are false and do false miracles.
all the christians on earth are also called saints by virtue of their final destination. i am referring to saints in heaven, not the christian believers here on earth.

balshan

all the christians on earth are also called saints by virtue of their final destination. i am referring to saints in heaven, not the christian believers here on earth.
Where have I ever said that true believers aren't saints. But your institution wouldn't know where a person is at all, if they do miracles after being dead then those miracles come from Satan. We all know who and what you mean, but if a RC cannot know if he/she is going to heaven whilst on earth (the sin of presumption), then it is impossible for those on earth to know where the dead are.