The Roman Catholic Church's Salvation System:

All RCC's teachings on:
1. The Mass
2. The Priesthood
3. Confession
4. Penance
5. The Eucharist
6. Baptism

These are the major teachings of the RCC which combined make up their system of salvation. When adhered too, all of these teachings can lead Roman Catholics in the path of salvation. According to RCC teaching, all of these requirements - each and every one of them is necessary for salvation. Have I left out anything?

LifeIn

All RCC's teachings on:
1. The Mass
2. The Priesthood
3. Confession
4. Penance
5. The Eucharist
6. Baptism

These are the major teachings of the RCC which combined make up their system of salvation. When adhered too, all of these teachings can lead Roman Catholics in the path of salvation. According to RCC teaching, all of these requirements - each and every one of them is necessary for salvation. Have I left out anything?
You have misrepresented every one of them. The Church does not have a "system" of salvation.

romishpopishorganist

All RCC's teachings on:
1. The Mass
2. The Priesthood
3. Confession
4. Penance
5. The Eucharist
6. Baptism

No. The.........what is it you said.............."Roman Catholic Church's Salvation System" is it? Well, no.

The "Roman Catholic Church's 'Salvation System'" is Jesus Christ.

The Sacraments draw us in to and reveal some aspect of Christ's redemptive graces and merits.

RayneBeau

You have misrepresented every one of them. The Church does not have a "system" of salvation.
Really? Then why does the Church of Roman Catholicism claim that if men and women will be baptised in the Roman Catholic Church, and adhere to its teachings in the areas I listed, that it can lead them in the path of salvation. That is the Roman Catholic Church's "system" of salvation - it is NOT from God's teachings on salvation. The RCC has a "system" for everything.

RayneBeau

No. The.........what is it you said.............."Roman Catholic Church's Salvation System" is it? Well, no.

The Sacraments draw us in to and reveal some aspect of Christ's redemptive graces and merits.
So your belief then is that the RC 'sacraments' are the system used in salvation within the Church of Roman Catholicism.

LifeIn

Really? Then why does the Church of Roman Catholicism claim that if men and women will be baptised in the Roman Catholic Church, and adhere to its teachings in the areas I listed, that it can lead them in the path of salvation.
"Can" is the operative word here. So it is not a "system." Nowhere does the Church describe the teachings as a "system".

Nondenom40

Well you have the wrong Jesus for starters. But your 'system' is still jesus + __________________ fill in the blank. And your statement about sacraments is a bit watered down.

1129 The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation.

Hmm, thats a tad more than 'draw us in....' huh?

mica

Well you have the wrong Jesus for starters. But your 'system' is still jesus + __________________ fill in the blank. And your statement about sacraments is a bit watered down.

1129 The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation.

Hmm, thats a tad more than 'draw us in....' huh?
plus those RCC sacraments aren't 'sacraments of the NC' - but of the RCC (man).

they are not for believers in Christ, but only for believers in the RCC.

former catholics, who are now Christians, were freed from those RCC chains thru Christ and His shed blood.

LifeIn

Sure it does. Youre all synergists which means you have to do your part in salvation. The bible doesn't agree with you.
Do you have a system of salvation? What is your system? Why do you insist on calling Catholic teaching a "system" when no other denomination has a "system"?

Last edited:

Nondenom40

Do you have a system of salvation? What is your system? Why do you insist on calling Catholic teaching a "system" when no other denomination has a "system"?
Salvation is in Christ alone through faith alone. Thats not a 'system', its the gospel. If you have to cooperate with God for your salvation and have to jump through numerous hoops (an still have no assurance btw), then i'd call that a system. It certainly isn't the gospel.

Heres whats 'necessary' for salvation in your church. And this might not even be a complete list;

Sacraments; ccc 1129
Submit to the 'roman pontiff; Unam sanctum 1302
Works; Trent session 6
All rc dogmas; they are necessary to be believed right?

Thats a lot to tag on to just believing in Jesus huh?

balshan

I would call it a system, you have to go through the steps to remain saved. First there is baptism followed by confession, communion, confirmation, works etc. But at no time can you be assured that you are saved.

It is a system, system meaning:

organized set of doctrines, ideas, or principles, or procedures or pattern.

LifeIn

I would call it a system, you have to go through the steps to remain saved. First there is baptism followed by confession, communion, confirmation, works etc. But at no time can you be assured that you are saved.

It is a system, system meaning:

organized set of doctrines, ideas, or principles, or procedures or pattern.
So, your church does not have an organized set of doctrines, ideas, principles, or procedures or patterns? I just want to know why this word seems to be used only for Catholics, even though Catholics do not use the word to describe their teachings.

Mysterium Fidei

All RCC's teachings on:
1. The Mass
2. The Priesthood
3. Confession
4. Penance
5. The Eucharist
6. Baptism

The only sacrament absolutely required for salvation is baptism; either by water, blood or desire.

balshan

So, your church does not have an organized set of doctrines, ideas, principles, or procedures or patterns? I just want to know why this word seems to be used only for Catholics, even though Catholics do not use the word to describe their teachings.
No one should follow men that is clear in scriptures. I follow Jesus. You seem to be offended by the word. It is not as far as I can see an offensive word. I would say other denominations have systems but I do not follow denominations. The true church is not made up of the RCC denomination or any other denomination. It will be made up of true believers from all over the spectrum.

Maxtar

hich means you have to do your part in salvation.
Yes! We have our part to play in salvation. It all starts with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, then we take it from there by living a holy and pleasing life for God. The scriptures tell us that we will be judged on the life we have lived and just saying one believes that Christ died for us is not going to get us our "reward" (as the scriptures also say). So stop believing just one thing and take notice of EVERYTHING the scriptures say.

Nondenom40

Yes! We have our part to play in salvation. It all starts with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, then we take it from there by living a holy and pleasing life for God. The scriptures tell us that we will be judged on the life we have lived and just saying one believes that Christ died for us is not going to get us our "reward" (as the scriptures also say). So stop believing just one thing and take notice of EVERYTHING the scriptures say.
It all starts with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, then we take it from there

Show me that verse. You obviously don't understand salvation. Our salvation is not dependent on us but on Jesus.

Maxtar

Show me that verse. You obviously don't understand salvation. Our salvation is not dependent on us but on Jesus.
You are not aware that we will be judged on the life we have lived? Man, that's Bible 101. You'd better study it some more. I suppose that according to you, Mother Mary had no part in the salvation process either.