The Thirteen Principles of Jewish Faith

I don't see God stating in the Tanakh that the age of prophesy is closed. Until the one God of all Creation states that the age of prophesy is closed, I will never believe it to be true, even if there are two opinions stating to the contrary. God is perfectly capable of communicating to His children of any changes regarding the role of prophets, if He so desires.
And He's perfectly capable of saying in our times who has the discernment to figure out based on the law who true prophets are.

Open Heart's words regarding the age of prophesy being closed, are not true.
The last known prophet recorded is true.

Principle #6 specifically states in Hebrew, "are true", and does not state "were true".
Referring to what's documented in Tanakh.

(i.e. I believe with perfect faith that all the words of the prophets are true)
See above.

The NT was not in force until after the death of Jesus. Therefore, I will believe in the Jewish witnesses during the life of Jesus, that Jesus was a true prophet, and the Messiah.
Sorry, but he wasn't.

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world
In the true God's service.

According to - https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/332555/jewish/Maimonides-13-Principles-of-Faith.htm
6. The belief that G‑d communicates with man through prophecy.

Amos 3:7 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson
7 Surely the Lord God does nothing,
Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.

Nebuchadnezzar, the King of Babylon, destroyed the 1st Temple in Jerusalem in 587/586 BC.
This was foretold by the prophet Jeremiah. (i.e. Jeremiah 7:12-20)

According to Jewish tradition, prophecy ceased with the prophet Malachi.
Do the leaders of Judaism see the problem with this tradition, given the premise written above?
(Hint: Which prophet foretold the destruction of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem?)

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Amos 3:7 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson

Nebuchadnezzar, the King of Babylon, destroyed the 1st Temple in Jerusalem in 587/586 BC.
This was foretold by the prophet Jeremiah. (i.e. Jeremiah 7:12-20)

According to Jewish tradition, prophecy ceased with the prophet Malachi.
Do the leaders of Judaism see the problem with this tradition, given the premise written above?
(Hint: Which prophet foretold the destruction of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem?)

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
The only problem is your own understanding. Just like your Passover debacle.

Why don't you speak on point #3? ;)

The only problem is your own understanding. Just like your Passover debacle.

Why don't you speak on point #3? ;)

If my understanding is in error, then answer the question to enlighten me.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

If my understanding is in error, then answer the question to enlighten me.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
It's been answered. The last recorded prophet was Malachi. Prophecy and its fulfillment is still alive and well in Tanakh. The NT isn't needed and is irrelevant.

BTW, a true prophet lives by and teaches Torah to others since the commandments are eternal. Zechariah 7:12 shows all true prophets lead by God's spirit do so or they are false.

Zech 7:12
They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry.

Psalm 119:160
All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

Last edited:
It's been answered. The last recorded prophet was Malachi. Prophecy and its fulfillment is still alive and well in Tanakh. The NT isn't needed and is irrelevant.

BTW, a true prophet lives by and teaches Torah to others since the commandments are eternal. Zechariah 7:12 shows all true prophets lead by God's spirit do so or they are false.

Zech 7:12
They made their hearts as hard as flint and would not listen to the law or to the words that the LORD Almighty had sent by his Spirit through the earlier prophets. So the LORD Almighty was very angry.

Which prophet foretold the destruction of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Which prophet foretold the destruction of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
It's in Tanakh. Which prophet speaks of the 3rd temple and the renewed sacrifices?

Do you accept true prophets teach the eternity of the law?

It's in Tanakh.
Yes, God's word is in the Tanakh.

Which prophet speaks of the 3rd temple and the renewed sacrifices?

The Prophet Ezekiel witnessed and recorded the glory of the LORD departing from the Temple. (Ezekiel 10:18-19) The Prophet Ezekiel did not record that the Temple would be destroyed.

Do you accept true prophets teach the eternity of the law?

One does realize that God is the "lawgiver". (i.e. Isaiah 33:22) Therefore, the law from God's Perspective is eternal, (i.e. Spirit of the law), since God is eternal. (i.e. Deuteronomy 33:27)

The prophets are servants of God (Amos 3:7), and therefore would not contradict, nor misrepresent, the lawgiver's Perspective of the law. (i.e. Moses, and the congregation of Israel, did not contradict God's Perspective of the law (i.e. Exodus 12:50)) Which faction of Judaism throughout history claiming to follow Mosaic law (Exodus 12), has followed how Moses and the congregation of Israel followed Mosaic law (i.e. Exodus 12:6)?

Do you accept that all words written in the Tanakh are sacred and true (i.e. divinely inspired), and that there's no misrepresentation written within their books?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Yes, God's word is in the Tanakh.
Yes.

The Prophet Ezekiel witnessed and recorded the glory of the LORD departing from the Temple. (Ezekiel 10:18-19) The Prophet Ezekiel did not record that the Temple would be destroyed.
It recorded it being rebuilt.

One does realize that God is the "lawgiver". (i.e. Isaiah 33:22) Therefore, the law from God's Perspective is eternal, (i.e. Spirit of the law), since God is eternal. (i.e. Deuteronomy 33:27)
And His laws are eternal.

The prophets are servants of God (Amos 3:7), and therefore would not contradict, nor misrepresent, the lawgiver's Perspective of the law. (i.e. Moses, and the congregation of Israel, did not contradict God's Perspective of the law (i.e. Exodus 12:50)) Which faction of Judaism throughout history claiming to follow Mosaic law (Exodus 12), has followed how Moses and the congregation of Israel followed Mosaic law (i.e. Exodus 12:6)?
The same group that follows Deuteronomy 17:8-13.

So, when did Jesus put blood on his doorpost on Passover? Rotfl...

Do you accept that all words written in the Tanakh are sacred and true (i.e. divinely inspired), and that there's no misrepresentation written within their books?
Yes. The law is eternal, and true prophets and teachers teach that.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Yes.

And His laws are eternal.

So, when did Jesus put blood on his doorpost on Passover? Rotfl...

Yes. The law is eternal, and true prophets and teachers teach that.

"... has followed how Moses and the congregation of Israel followed Mosaic law (i.e. Exodus 12:6)?"

So, that same group to which you refer, followed (Exodus 12:6), exactly as Moses and the congregation of Israel followed (Exodus 12:6)? Then please explain how that same group followed the appointed time of sacrifice as Moses and the congregation of Israel did. (i.e. followed Mosaic law as Moses and the congregation of Israel followed Mosaic law (Exodus 12:6)?

6153 [e]הָעַרְבָּֽיִם׃
hā-‘ar-bā-yim.
twilight

I asked, "Do you accept that all words written in the Tanakh are sacred and true (i.e. divinely inspired), and that there's no misrepresentation written within their books?"

To which you replied, "Yes".

Then, it follows also, that you accept all words written in the Writings of Daniel as divinely inspired, sacred and true, and without any misrepresentations contained therein. I also accept all words written in the Writings of Daniel as divinely inspired, sacred and true, and without any misrepresentations contained therein.

When anyone Googles the question, "Which prophet foretold the destruction of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem?", two prophets are displayed in the results, and not one of them is the prophet Ezekiel. Why won't you accept those two prophets as servants of God that He sent to convey His words and will?

Which Temple in the future did the prophet Ezekiel record as being rebuilt - 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

"... has followed how Moses and the congregation of Israel followed Mosaic law (i.e. Exodus 12:6)?"
Yes.

So, that same group to which you refer, followed (Exodus 12:6), exactly as Moses and the congregation of Israel followed (Exodus 12:6)? Then please explain how that same group followed the appointed time of sacrifice as Moses and the congregation of Israel did. (i.e. followed Mosaic law as Moses and the congregation of Israel followed Mosaic law (Exodus 12:6)?
Well, we can't do that now but it was possible during the 2nd temple period. Don't forget, sacrifices are contingent on a temple and altar.

But as mentioned before, someone needs to be smart enough to differentiate between one-time commandments such as the blood on the doorposts for the angel of death and the rest.

6153 [e]הָעַרְבָּֽיִם׃
hā-‘ar-bā-yim.
twilight

I asked, "Do you accept that all words written in the Tanakh are sacred and true (i.e. divinely inspired), and that there's no misrepresentation written within their books?"

To which you replied, "Yes".

Then, it follows also, that you accept all words written in the Writings of Daniel as divinely inspired, sacred and true, and without any misrepresentations contained therein. I also accept all words written in the Writings of Daniel as divinely inspired, sacred and true, and without any misrepresentations contained therein.
Yes.

When anyone Googles the question, "Which prophet foretold the destruction of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem?", two prophets are displayed in the results, and not one of them is the prophet Ezekiel. Why won't you accept those two prophets as servants of God that He sent to convey His words and will?
Ezekiel speaks of the 3rd temple. One has to be smart enough to figure that out. I don't see Google as a prophet or seek it for spiritual advice. Just a suggestion.

Which Temple in the future did the prophet Ezekiel record as being rebuilt - 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc?
3rd. I suggest you read Ezekiel 37-45.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Back