The Time of the End - A Biblical Perspective.

Dan 12:4
  • But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
I believe that in scripture "the time of the end," as well as "the last days," refers to the whole New Testament period. That is when knowledge was increased and when the servants of God were sent to "go forth" (to and fro) with the gospel to the whole earth. It started with Christ's death and resurrection after He witnessed the nation of Israel, and it ended with his triumphant return on the clouds of glory. I believe that this is the time of the increase in knowledge and when many (the elect) run to and fro or "go forth" with the power of the Revelation of God, through the Holy Spirit poured out at Pentecost. I believe this refers to the great knowledge through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us and signified by the sign at Pentecost.

Acts 2:14-21
  • "But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
  • For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
  • But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
  • And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
  • And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
  • And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
  • The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
  • And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
This is the uncovering of the seal on the book, the revelation of the Holy Spirit, the time when His servants will dream dreams and have visions, the time when we understand we have one Priest in Christ where we are all made kings and priests unto God through Him. This is the time when we receive the knowledge to understand that we are now all Kings and Priests unto him in His spiritual kingdom. Thus we prophesy, see visions, dream dreams, and interpret mysteries because our knowledge of the Word has increased. The mystery of God kept secret for so long was uncovered by Christ, yet progressively revealed to us in His own time. The whole New Testament period is the time when "that which was kept a mystery or secret" from the beginning, would be revealed by Christ sending the Holy Spirit to enlighten all His Elect. When Christ sent the comforter to us, He began that revelation to increase knowledge in the earth of Him, and I believe it increases more as we near the end of all things. The latter days when Christ gives us a mouth and words of fire where none can gainsay or resist.

Romans 16:25-26
  • "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
  • But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:"
The mystery is that the congregation of Israel would be made up of Jews and Gentiles, and according to the gospel revealed in the faith of Christ. Note that in Daniel's passage, he is told to shut up the words and seal the book until the time of the end, meaning it was not meant to be understood until that time. While the apostle John is told not to seal up the visions of the book God had given him, meaning it was now to be revealed. That's why it is called the book of the Apocalypse (uncovering), or revealing the secrets of the knowledge that was before kept secret.

Revelation 22:6
  • "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."
The Lord sent His Messenger to reveal the mystery of what things would shortly be done. And with Christ's death and resurrection, that revelation started and it is revealed to the election of the New Testament Israel of God, while the nation of Israel (in part) is blinded to it.

Daniel 12:4
  • "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."
God's messenger Daniel was told to keep this a mystery until the time of the end when Christ would come, while after Christ came, God's messenger John was told not to keep the things a mystery, but to reveal these things to the servants of God. This necessarily would increase the knowledge that was before restricted. Revelation is given in cryptic symbolism and parabolic imagery so that the wicked might be confounded by its mystery. By contrast, the election is given "of the Spirit" to understand these mysteries or secrets. A principle God explained plainly in places like Matthew 13:

Matthew 13:10-11
  • "And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
  • He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given."
People often ask me, why did God make the book of Revelation so difficult to understand. My answer is always because it is revealed only to those who hold the word of God as their ultimate authority in interpretations, meaning interpretations belong to God (Genesis 41:15-16; 40:8 ). It is the few who want to do that. While, the rest of those who seek worldly, carnal, and extrabiblical interpretations, are confounded by the symbolism. While those who interpret by scripture alone (Sola Scriptura) through the Spirit of Christ, have these truths revealed to them. These are those called of God to receive truth, while others refuse the truth presented by God in love. Visa'vis, even as Daniel in the previous verse 3 prophesied in the symbolism of us being "as" stars. Something Revelation also carries through in that book.

(Continue to next post)

(Continue from previous post)

Daniel 12:3

• "And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."
We receive the knowledge with the wisdom of Christ Jesus that we are these stars of heaven! Israel were these stars of heaven that were cast down from the kingdom (Revelation 12) representation. It was a mystery not known in Daniel's time, but is now made manifest in the Revelation or uncovering of the mystery of the true nature of Israel, the chosen people of God. That is how knowledge is being increased! The nation of Israel that rejected Christ is like the fallen stars, or the stars cast down from heaven (Revelation 12) that they no longer represent the Kingdom of heaven on earth. For example, the kingdom of heaven representation where they are as stars there is taken from them and given to the New Testament church. That same knowledge of this mystery that is revealed in Revelation 12:4 of the stars cast down from heaven is reiterated in Christ's parable of the Vinyard and the kingdom was taken from those who rejected its true nature.

Matthew 21:42-43
  • "Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
  • Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."
All these things are part of Revelation, the revealing of the mystery/secret in the last days, which encompasses the whole New Testament era. Daniel's prophecy referred to a distant time when Christ would come and bring that Revelation. Daniel's prophesy was fulfilled in Christ going away and sending the comforter/consoler that reveals this mystery and shows us all things that are to come.

John 16:13-15
  • "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
  • He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
  • All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you."
Just as we read in Revelation that the Spirit was come to show John things that were to come, and God reiterated it was to show His servants things that were to come. This is the mystery being revealed, and the knowledge of God's plans being revealed. For example, to one revealed today, to another revealed 2 years ago, and to another revealed tomorrow. It shows us that the stars falling and the moon not giving her light are the messengers of the church (Revelation 2:5), not physical stars falling to earth. Showing us that the great city of Babylon falling is the unfaithful church in captivity, not the world system, New York, Rome, or Jerusalem. Shows us that the two witnesses of Revelation being killed are the faithful messengers establishing truth (Deuteronomy 19:15) within that church, not two men like Elijah and Moses. Shows us that the famine is of hearing the word of God, not starvation in Africa or the streets fill with homeless in Los Angeles. Or that the great harlot decked out like kingdom royalty is actually the false church who has sold herself for gain, and not worldwide economics. ...and so on and so forth. The Mystery is revealed when knowledge is increased. Israel, to whom Daniel prophesied with premature zeal, sought self-righteousness, physical freedom from the Roman government, and signs of the predicted messiah coming to set them free from the rule of the Romans but received none of it. Because their methodology of interpretation was flawed. Daniel's prophecy remained sealed up to them (in part). Because the language of Scripture was designed so that only those who received the Spirit of truth by grace, could have this knowledge.

Lastly, Daniel's prophecy of those running to and fro is not referring to any modern rapidity of locomotion, nor referring to first-century Jerusalem, as some think, nor to Christian missionaries going about to preach the Gospel to the world at large [BARNES], which the context scarcely admits; but, whereas now but few care for this prophecy of God, "at the time of the end," that is, near its fulfillment, "many shall run to and fro," that is, scrutinize it, running through every page. Compare Hab 2:2 [CALVIN]: it is thereby that "the knowledge (namely, of God's purposes as revealed in prophecy) shall be increased." This is probably now being fulfilled.

Greetings TribulationSigns,
Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
I believe that in scripture "the time of the end," as well as "the last days," refers to the whole New Testament period. That is when knowledge was increased and when the servants of God were sent to "go forth" (to and fro) with the gospel to the whole earth.
The difficulty of claiming that the "time of the end" mentioned in Daniel 12:4 is a long period of time, and even 2000 years, is that this phrase occurs in the immediate context of Daniel 12:4 and this seems to be after the other events of Daniel 11:
Daniel 11:40–45 (KJV): 40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. 41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. 42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. 44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. 45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
This particular "time of the end" describes what will happen after the consecutive events of the earlier part of Daniel 11, and the particular "King of the North" starts with his military exploits in verse 40 and ends with his destruction in verse 45, and this anticipates the specific events of Daniel 12 including the resurrection and the establishment of the Kingdom of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Daniel 12:4
But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

My knowledge increased by comparing scripture.Running from one book to another and looking at things from a different perspective.so to speak.

For instance,in Daniel 11:31 -33 we read of the norths armed forces occupying Jerusalem .They occupy Jerusalem for a time,times and a half or 42 months.During which time the saints in Israel are persecuted.

Daniel 11
31 “His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation. 32 With flattery he will corrupt those who have violated the covenant, but the people who know their God will firmly resist him.

33 “Those who are wise will instruct many, though for a time they will fall by the sword or be burned or captured or plundered.

Jesus spoke of this persecution in the gospel (mat 24-luke 21).

But reading revelation,we see the two witnesses with the gentiles are occupying Jerusalem for this same 42 months.

Revelation 11
2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days,

Seeing the armed forces of the north are the gentiles occupying Jerusalem for those 42months ,the following verse can be understood with a little common sense.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

Last edited:
  • But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
I believe that in scripture "the time of the end," as well as "the last days," refers to the whole New Testament period. That is when knowledge was increased and when the servants of God were sent to "go forth" (to and fro) with the gospel to the whole earth. It started with Christ's death and resurrection after He witnessed the nation of Israel, and it ended with his triumphant return on the clouds of glory. I believe that this is the time of the increase in knowledge and when many (the elect) run to and fro or "go forth" with the power of the Revelation of God, through the Holy Spirit poured out at Pentecost. I believe this refers to the great knowledge through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us and signified by the sign at Pentecost.

• "But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
  • For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
  • And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
  • And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
  • And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
  • The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
  • And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
This is the uncovering of the seal on the book, the revelation of the Holy Spirit, the time when His servants will dream dreams and have visions, the time when we understand we have one Priest in Christ where we are all made kings and priests unto God through Him. This is the time when we receive the knowledge to understand that we are now all Kings and Priests unto him in His spiritual kingdom.....
Help me clarify something so I understand these two opening posts correctly.

I see an Old Testament (OT) prophet quoted followed by a passage in the New Testament (NT) referencing the OT passage and then reporting that OT prophecy was coming true during the time of that NT passage. Do I understand these two posts correctly to be saying the OT examples cited came true during the NT era?

Help me clarify something so I understand these two opening posts correctly.

I see an Old Testament (OT) prophet quoted followed by a passage in the New Testament (NT) referencing the OT passage and then reporting that OT prophecy was coming true during the time of that NT passage. Do I understand these two posts correctly to be saying the OT examples cited came true during the NT era?
The New Testament should interpret the Old Testament. The New Testament fulfills the Old Testament.

Greetings Yodas_Prodigy,
The New Testament should interpret the Old Testament. The New Testament fulfills the Old Testament.
The New Testament certainly clarifies some aspects of the Gospel, especially the things concerning the Name of Jesus Christ Acts 8:5-6,12, but the other aspect of the Gospel, the things concerning the Kingdom of God has many elements which are prophetical, and there is some teaching of the time of the end. I consider the following is an example of prophecy of things yet to be fulfilled in the near future when Jesus returns:
Isaiah 2:1–4 (KJV): 1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem. 2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Kind regards
Trevor

Yep. I'll also add the OT informs the NT.

However, the best person to clarify TribulationSigns' post is TribulationSigns. Just because you and I abide by what you posted does not mean others do.

As has been said, "The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed." That is just another way of saying that "The Bible is its own interpreter." It is one cohesive whole, not to be chopped up and handed out piecemeal or viewed with tunnel vision so that we can interpret it any way that we see fit. The future plan of God is often hidden in the past. It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings (believers) is to search out a matter (Proverbs 25:2).

Selah.

I believe that in scripture "the time of the end," as well as "the last days," refers to the whole New Testament period. That is when knowledge was increased and when the servants of God were sent to "go forth" (to and fro) with the gospel to the whole earth. It started with Christ's death and resurrection after He witnessed the nation of Israel, and it ended with his triumphant return on the clouds of glory. I believe that this is the time of the increase in knowledge and when many (the elect) run to and fro or "go forth" with the power of the Revelation of God, through the Holy Spirit poured out at Pentecost.
And later God said,

Revelation 22:6-13
And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bondservants the things which must soon take place. And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book." I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. But he said to me, "Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God." And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy. Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

God told Daniel to seal up the prophecies until the time of the end and in Revelation John saw the prophecies unsealed, and God explicitly told him to leave the unsealed because the time was then near, at hand. The book of Revelation opens with this declaration "the time is near," and it closes with this same declaration.
I believe this refers to the great knowledge through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us and signified by the sign at Pentecost.
Believe what you like but do not expect regenerate, Spirit-filled Christians to be persuaded when the clearest of statements in God's word are ignored or denied. The op is a curious thing because God did indeed pour out new knowledge in the NT era. Doesn't appear to have been grasped in your many Daniel-based end-times ops.

And later God said,

Revelation 22:6-13
And he said to me, "These words are faithful and true; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bondservants the things which must soon take place. And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book." I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. But he said to me, "Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God." And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy. Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

God told Daniel to seal up the prophecies until the time of the end and in Revelation John saw the prophecies unsealed, and God explicitly told him to leave the unsealed because the time was then near, at hand. The book of Revelation opens with this declaration "the time is near," and it closes with this same declaration.

Believe what you like but do not expect regenerate, Spirit-filled Christians to be persuaded when the clearest of statements in God's word are ignored or denied. The op is a curious thing because God did indeed pour out new knowledge in the NT era. Doesn't appear to have been grasped in your many Daniel-based end-times ops.

I lean Partial Preterist. To be honest, since the time is near, we have to ask, what is meant by "the Time is near"? Does that mean the time is near that all or most of this book will happen? Or does this mean that the time is near when the book of Revelation starts?

When does the Day of the LORD "come", according to the book of Joel and other OT references to the DOL?

I lean Partial Preterist. To be honest, since the time is near, we have to ask, what is meant by "the Time is near"?
And what is the best means of answering that question? Does not the answer lay in scripture itself? We can with just a little work examine how scripture uses the word "near," or "at hand" (Gk.: en gys). As I believe I mentioned earlier in the thread the word is never used to mean anything other than near in time or space. As far as scriptural precedent goes, the word "near" always means near, and never is there any indication it could be made to mean "2000 or more years from now." There's no such precedent in scripture.
Does that mean the time is near that all or most of this book will happen?
What does the text state? To what does "the time" refer? The answer is "the things that must quickly, or soon, take place (Gk.: tychus). The time for the things that will quickly/soon take place is near and in scripture near never means thousands of years. We also have another temporal marker because we are told the things described as, "the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things." Things which John had seen, things which existed at that time, and things that would come afterwards..... however, the things that would come afterwards were already said to be coming quickly, or soon, because the time was near. The things in the past aren't coming. They've already come. The same holds true of "the things that are." They've already taken place.

One example of something in Revelation that had already happened prior to the vision would be the birth of Christ described in chapter 12.

Revelation 12:5
And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.

Already taken place. Some of its contents had already happened before John found himself on Patmos having a vision. Some of it was happening at that time. Other content will take place after these things. Keep in mind Revelation ends with the same temporal qualifier of "coming quickly" "because the time was near."

Are there other temporal markers in Revelation or outside of scripture that would prevent us concluding everything has all already taken place? One place would be the distinction between the last days (plural) and the last day (singular). Another would be when we are raised incorruptible and immortal.
Or does this mean that the time is near when the book of Revelation starts?
Given the book itself plainly states some of its described events have already taken place and some of them were happening at the time of the revelation, it would seem the book had already started by the time it was revealed. What in the book of Revelation would lead us to conclude "the things which must soon take place.... because the time is near," begins at some time other than "the things which you have seen, the things which are, and the things that will take place after ther things"?

Josheb, If you can't answer this question, you're theories are basically a lot of hot air. Will no one else take a shot???
Hogwash. There are any of number of reasons why anyone might not be able to answer that question. The troll nature of that response just now would be a reason not to answer. Another would be your post was to Trib, not me and I don't read all the posts. I can answer that question, but I don't expect an answer if 1) you can't keep your posts about the posts and 2) post with manners and respect.

Start over.

Hogwash. There are any of number of reasons why anyone might not be able to answer that question. The troll nature of that response just now would be a reason not to answer. Another would be your post was to Trib, not me and I don't read all the posts. I can answer that question, but I don't expect an answer if 1) you can't keep your posts about the posts and 2) post with manners and respect.

Start over.
I knew this was a waste of time because I don't think you have a clue as to what the correct answer is. We do have a history here...

I knew this was a waste of time because I don't think you have a clue as to what the correct answer is. We do have a history here...
Self-fulfilling wish.

Once more. Start over. Start over with manners and respect, keeping the posts about the posts, not the posters.

I lean Partial Preterist. To be honest, since the time is near, we have to ask, what is meant by "the Time is near"? Does that mean the time is near that all or most of this book will happen? Or does this mean that the time is near when the book of Revelation starts?
I don't know if the time is near...but it looks like the table is pretty much set.

It seems as if the completion of the beast system is about to be forced upon the world.
That is a one world government, one world currency and a one world religion.

Technology has all but arrived to fulfill this prophecy. (Rev 13)
Israel is a nation....and the prophecy fulfilling that have and are occurring.
The 3rd temple is moving onwards...the latest is the red heifers.

Currently I believe we are in the birthpangs of Matt 24 with the rapture of the church next...then we turn the pages to Rev 6

Then again it could all happen 100 years from now. But, as I said, the table is almost set.

I don't know if the time is near...
You do if you read and accept God's word exactly as written.
but it looks like the table is pretty much set.
Based on scripture? Or based on the latest newscast?
It seems as if the completion of the beast system is about to be forced upon the world.
What "beast system"? There's no such thing as a "beast system" in the Bible. The idea of a "beast system" is a doctrinal position held by only one single eschatological view. ALL the other mainstream Christian eschatologies view the mentions of "beast" (there is more than one beast) much differently. Why subscribe to the one eschatology that creates conditions not actually stated in the text of scripture? Why subscribe to the eschatology that adds to the one book of the Bible that explicitly commands us not to add to or subtract from it? That alone would be reason to dismiss that eschatology.
That is a one world government, one world currency and a one world religion.
Again, there is no such thing as a "one world government" in scripture. That is an interpretive view of all bowing to an individual. The only one-world government even remotely asserted in scripture is that of Christ's.

Isaiah 9:6
For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on his shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

The belief in a one-world government other than Christ's is literally a god-forsaking view. Isaiah couched the government on the birth of Christ. Was Isaiah wrong? If Isaiah was wrong, then he was not a prophet of God and everything he said can be ignored. If God spoke through Isaiah then Isaiah 9:6 must be believed exactly as written. Does the word "All..." mean all? If so then there is no other authority but that which was given to Jesus. "All" means all. That's either believed exactly as written or it isn't. If Jesus does not have ALL authority, then there are places in his creation where he is not God. The Creator is not God over all aspects of His own creation.

No such thing as a "one world government." That is an invention of modern futurism, a view of scripture popularized in the 1800s. The same holds true with the "one world religion."

Zechariah 14:9
And the LORD will be king over all the earth; in that day the LORD will be the only one, and His name the only one.

Technology has all but arrived to fulfill this prophecy. (Rev 13)
Then again it could all happen 100 years from now. But, as I said, the table is almost set.
Well, let's take a look at Revelation 13.

Revelation 13:1-18
And the dragon stood on the sand of the seashore. Then I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten diadems, and on his heads were blasphemous names. And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority. I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast; they worshiped the dragon because he gave his authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast, and who is able to wage war with him?" There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months was given to him. And he opened his mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme His name and His tabernacle, that is, those who dwell in heaven. It was also given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them, and authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation was given to him. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain. If anyone has an ear, let him hear. If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed. Here is the perseverance and the faith of the saints. Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon. He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who *had the wound of the sword and has come to life. And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.

Where is the mention of "technology"?

If there is no such mention then ask, "Why is something being added to the book that expressly tells us not to add to it?"

If there is no such mention then ask, "Why am I reading the text in a manner that would have been completely foreign, alien to the first-century Church to whom this was originally written? Why am I abandoning the core principle of original meaning? Why am I abandoning what the Christians in the first century would have understood since, after all, this was a revelation, a revealing to them?"
Israel is a nation....and the prophecy fulfilling that have and are occurring.
The book of Revelation was written to the Church, not Israel. The word "Israel" is mentioned only three times in the book of Revelation and only one of those mentions has anything to do with Israel as a nation. Look it up. Seriously: look it up. Verify what I just posted. See for yourself.

Why is the nation of Israel being added to a book that tells us not to add to it?
The 3rd temple is moving onwards...the latest is the red heifers.
There is not scripture explicitly stating a third temple will be built. The third temple position is solely a function of inferential reading than can be reached only be denying the facts of scripture explicitly telling us there were two temples built after the Old Testament prophets. One was Herods, the other was God's. The temple of prophecy was a temple that would be built by God, not man. Look it up. The New Testament tells us that temple was built.

The temple prophecies are literally fulfilled in Christ and his body.

Back