The "Trans" Gospel from Cambridge.....

Umm, nothing. You didn't think I was asking you to provide something, did you?

Just keep arguing as you do and people will assess your biblical knowledge. You overthink things.

When atheists start talking like they will be tortured in hell, I'll think of you.
Well I don't claim to have much biblical knowledge. It's the people here that do that are dangerous. Still, no chance of hellfire for anyone, so you can go for a while yet without thinking.

Oh the science is clear enough, but you don't understand or believe it . What Jesus says is not so clear.
We have presented and you have denied it
Gender identity is a lie and is being used to abuse children.
Be proud of yourself if you wish.

But we are talking about what Jesus taught which is contrary to the imaginary stuff you and the Dean like, and not your hateful.judgement of people
What right have you to claim to know more than a senior clergyman about what Jesus taught? What are your credentials? Are you Pope?

One has to be pretty mixed up to imagine this from a scientific point of view let alone God.
since when do you people acknowledge science?

I told you the wounds of Christ can represent the nature of women in art. That is just a fact.

But we are talking about what Jesus taught which is contrary to the imaginary stuff you and the Dean like, and not your hateful.judgement of people
His interpretation is as valid as yours.

probably more so, considering his education

Well I don't claim to have much biblical knowledge. It's the people here that do that are dangerous. Still, no chance of hellfire for anyone, so you can go for a while yet without thinking.
Nah, christians are harmless.

As far as hell goes, your bravado is fake, but that's ok.

What right have you to claim to know more than a senior clergyman about what Jesus taught? What are your credentials? Are you Pope?
Because of the evidence. Remember? Our world is based on evidence based reality as opposed to your imaginary based one.
I gave you what Jesus said and you couldnt see it.
Btw what right have you got to question the Pope or the majority of Christians or the majority of scientists? Thats what you do.

He was pretty clear about giving all your stuff away and not getting divorced
He was about divorce to everyone and He was about same sex immorality. He didnt tell everyone to give away all their stuff, He told those who didnt want to give any thing away.
I wonder what He would have told you

His interpretation is as valid as yours.

probably more so, considering his education
Havent given you an interpretation, just given you what Jesus said. Are you a failed mind reader?

My interpretation of it is trans is a lie, but that is not what it says either.

What is your interpretation of it?

Because of the evidence. Remember? Our world is based on evidence based reality as opposed to your imaginary based one.
I gave you what Jesus said and you couldnt see it.
Btw what right have you got to question the Pope or the majority of Christians or the majority of scientists? Thats what you do.
He was considering the evidence. That's what the article was about.

He was considering the evidence. That's what the article was about.
He wasnt considering the Biblical testimony of Jesus from the generation that witnessed Him, he was imagining a modern social construct might have been in the head of a medieval painter.

Havent given you an interpretation, just given you what Jesus said. Are you a failed mind reader?

My interpretation of it is trans is a lie, but that is not what it says either.

What is your interpretation of it?
You want a biblical argument against your position? Consider Paul's letter to the Corinthians. He points out that all we have is partial knowledge. We don't understand fully God's purpose. We don't understand fully the prophecies of the Bible. We see through a glass, darkly, or in a mirror dimly. To navigate this foggy uncertainty, we have three things that endure, faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is love.

That's how Paul calls on Christians to negotiate the uncertainties of Bible teaching. To see how you do it, look at the verses at the beginning of the chapter. All your knowledge, understanding and faith that would move mountains, is without love, and consequently you are nothing. Lacking love, you are a no more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

In a confused or controversial issue, the default position should be dominated by love. Yours is dominated by faith, not in God but in yourself and your ability to see clearly where everyone else sees in a mirror, dimly.

As we will no doubt see if you respond to this little homily.

You want a biblical argument against your position? Consider Paul's letter to the Corinthians. He points out that all we have is partial knowledge. We don't understand fully God's purpose. We don't understand fully the prophecies of the Bible. We see through a glass, darkly, or in a mirror dimly. To navigate this foggy uncertainty, we have three things that endure, faith, hope and love. The greatest of these is love.

That's how Paul calls on Christians to negotiate the uncertainties of Bible teaching. To see how you do it, look at the verses at the beginning of the chapter. All your knowledge, understanding and faith that would move mountains, is without love, and consequently you are nothing. Lacking love, you are a no more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

In a confused or controversial issue, the default position should be dominated by love. Yours is dominated by faith, not in God but in yourself and your ability to see clearly where everyone else sees in a mirror, dimly.

As we will no doubt see if you respond to this little homily.
So do the texts of 1 Cor 13 and Romans 14 say that, or have you 'interpreted' it.
You see the Corinthian text does say we see imperfectly at moment but not that we dont see anything. The Romans text says there are disputable matters and names a couple. Elsewhere in the two Epistles it condemns same sex acts and says dont be deceived, or think we have an excuse.

So you take some texts for what they say and others to pretend they dont say what they say under the pretext of 'interpretation'

Back