The Trinity reflected in human history

puddleglum

The Bible reveals that God is a trinity consisting of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is clearly taught in the New Testament but it can also be found in the Old Testament.

Elohim, the Hebrew word translated as God, is a plural word and God often uses the plural in speaking of himself. For example, in Genesis 1:26 he says,

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

Isaiah 9:6 foretells the birth of a child who will also be God.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The trinity is clearly shown in Isaiah 48:12-16.

Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last. My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together. Assemble, all of you, and listen! Who among them has declared these things? The LORD loves him; he shall perform his purpose on Babylon, and his arm shall be against the Chaldeans. I, even I, have spoken and called him; I have brought him, and he will prosper in his way. Draw near to me, hear this: from the beginning I have not spoken in secret, from the time it came to be I have been there. And now the Lord GOD has sent me, and his Spirit.

The speaker is clearly God because he say that he created the earth and the heavens, and yet he speaks of being sent by the Lord GOD and his Spirit. It is clear from this that it is Jesus, the second member of the trinity, who is speaking.

All of human history, from the creation of Adam until the creation of a new earth to replace this one, can be divided into three parts and one member of the Trinity has a prominent role in each part.

In the past the Father created the universe and chose Israel to be the vehicle thru whom he would reveal himself to the world. This lasted until after Jesus Christ had completed his work of redemption for our sins and returned to heaven.

The present stage began when the Holy Spirit came on the disciples at Pentecost. Now all believers are baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ and have him living in us. He is the one who guides us and reveals God’s will to us. This will end at the rapture when all believers are taken out of the world.

After this Jesus will return to earth and rule directly. That will be the final stage before the end of this present world.

When the Father was ruling he gave us the part of the Bible known as the Old Testament. The Holy Spirit gave us the New Testament. Is it possible that when Jesus is ruling he will add a third part to the Bible? The book of Revelation contains a warning against any man adding to the Bible, but that doesn’t mean that God can’t add more to it.

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew. The New Testament was written in Greek. If there is a third testament what language will it be in? Zephaniah 3:9 says,

At that time I will change the speech of all the peoples to a pure speech, that all of them may call upon the name of the LORD and serve him with one accord.

Perhaps during the Millennium God will reverse the curse placed on the human race because of the building of the tower of Babel and restore the language people originally spoke.

TrevorL

Greetings puddleglum,
Elohim, the Hebrew word translated as God, is a plural word and God often uses the plural in speaking of himself. For example, in Genesis 1:26 he says, Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.
The plural here is the One God, Yahweh, God the Father inviting the Angels to participate in the creation of man in the image and after the likeness of God and the Angels. Jesus is the Son of Man and the Son of God who was made a little lower than the Angels Psalm 8:5..

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

The plural here is the One God, Yahweh, God the Father inviting the Angels to participate in the creation of man in the image and after the likeness of God and the Angels. Jesus is the Son of Man and the Son of God who was made a little lower than the Angels Psalm 8:5..
first thanks for the reply, but if this is true, then why this verse? Hebrews 2:16 "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."

now if he didn't take on the nature of angels what nature did he have before?

understand, before one can be made Lower, then one had to be higher before. so my question, what nature did our Lord have before he was made in the Likeness of men, and not angels?

PICJAG, 101G.

Last edited:

101G

The Bible reveals that God is a trinity consisting of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is clearly taught in the New Testament but it can also be found in the Old Testament.

Elohim, the Hebrew word translated as God, is a plural word and God often uses the plural in speaking of himself. For example, in Genesis 1:26 he says,
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

OK, puddleglum, I like to ask first before I answer, to be sure what I'm answering to.
#1. who do you say the "US" and the "OUR" is here in Genesis 1:26? give names please, not titles.

Isaiah 9:6 foretells the birth of a child who will also be God.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Is this not contradictory to your first statement, as to the "US", and the "OUR?" listen Isaiah 9:6 states this Child this Son is "a" ... ONE PERSON who is God. read Isaiah 9:6 again, "a" child, "a" son. "a" which indicates one person. my source, according to the FREE DICTONARY, and this term can be found here, just click on the link https://www.thefreedictionary.com/A
as a Determiner, (ə; ā when stressed) 1. Used before nouns and noun phrases that denote a single but unspecified person or thing: BINGO

it is also used to indicate, "The first in a series". (smile)....

but my point is this, "God is "a" PERSON, which is made clear in Genesis 1:27 right after Genesis 1:26. listen, Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

so only ONE person made man in HIS, HIS, HIS, image. so tell us how did God go from a "US" and "OUR" to "HIS", and "HE", which are single designation. once you give your answer then we can address Isaiah 48:12-16.

will be looking for your answers.

PICJAG, 101G.

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greetings 101G,
if this is true, then why this verse? Hebrews 2:16 "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."
now if he didn't take on the nature of angels what nature did he have before?
He did not exist before he was born. Psalm 8:5 is applied to Jesus in Hebrews 2 and is based upon Genesis 1:26 where God the Father and the Angels MADE or created man in their image and likeness and by necessity lower than the nature of the Angels who are immortal. This aspect is one reason why the writer to the Hebrews quotes Psalm 8. Jesus as the new creation through the conception / birth process through Mary was "made", a child conceived and developed as any other birth. He was not transformed or shrunk from being God the Son, or God, into the womb of Mary. The child born was a human, not a God-man, or some similar hybrid as Hebrews 2:14 clearly states and emphasises by the constant repetition:
Hebrews 2:14 (KJV): Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
God cannot die, thus Jesus was not a God-man.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

Greetings 101G,

He did not exist before he was born. Psalm 8:5 is applied to Jesus in Hebrews 2 and is based upon Genesis 1:26 where God the Father and the Angels MADE or created man in their image and likeness and by necessity lower than the nature of the Angels who are immortal. This aspect is one reason why the writer to the Hebrews quotes Psalm 8. Jesus as the new creation through the conception / birth process through Mary was "made", a child conceived and developed as any other birth. He was not transformed or shrunk from being God the Son, or God, into the womb of Mary. The child born was a human, not a God-man, or some similar hybrid as Hebrews 2:14 clearly states and emphasises by the constant repetition:
Hebrews 2:14 (KJV): Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
God cannot die, thus Jesus was not a God-man.

Kind regards
Trevor
first thanks for the reply, second ERROR, Psalm 8:5, why didn't you finish the psalms? well we will, Psalms 8:4 "What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?" Hold it the Son of Man visitest him? you;re reproved.
Psalms 8:5 "For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour."
Psalms 8:6 "Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:"
Psalms 8:7 "All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;"
Psalms 8:8 "The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas."
Psalms 8:9 "O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!"

so that is reproved, now, Genesis 1:26 where you said, "where God the Father and the Angels MADE or created man in their image and likeness".
lets see it this is true, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

well the LORD, God, made all things, and he was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF", that just eliminated the angles helping God make man. so you're reproved there. whyhe quoted Psalms from hebrews, because God took on or came in the nature of man his, image, supportive scripture, Hebrews 2:16 "For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham."

Jesus as the new creation through the conception / birth process through Mary was "made", a child conceived and developed as any other birth.
the first part is an ERROR, Jesus is the NEW CREATION, but not in Natural Flesh... with "BLOOD". what was conceived was flesh bone and BLOOD, the son of God, not Jesus the spirit, the Son of Man. NO women nor men can conceive a spirit, all spirits come from God, and when this flesh we live in die, the spirit returns to God.. the NEW CREATION began with his death and then RESSURECTION, SO YOU'RE REPROVED THERE..

He did not exist before he was born.
well lets put that mistake to bed, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
and it was this same one person, the Word, who is God, that "MADE ALL THINGS", see again Isaiah 44:24. so you're reproved there also.

Brother TrevorL, you might want to go back and start over.

Now since your angel theory have been reproved, you want to try again as to why God said "let US make man in OUR image?".

PICJAG, 101G.

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
first thanks for the reply, second ERROR, Psalm 8:5, why didn't you finish the psalms? well we will, Psalms 8:4 "What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?" Hold it the Son of Man visitest him? you;re reproved.
You are misreading the Psalm and perhaps to understand verse 4 you needed to start with verse 1 which is similar to verse 9 that you quoted.
Psalm 8:1,3-4 (KJV): 1 O LORD (Yahweh) our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
The Being who is the initiator of the visiting of the Son of Man is the One God, Yahweh, God the Father Matthew 11:25, and the manner of how Jesus , the Son of Man is visited is described in the following..
Psalm 80:17 (KJV): Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself.
so that is reproved, now, Genesis 1:26 where you said, "where God the Father and the Angels MADE or created man in their image and likeness".
lets see it this is true, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"
well the LORD, God, made all things, and he was "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF", that just eliminated the angles helping God make man. so you're reproved there.
Psalm 8:5 speaks of the Angels, and is a summary of Genesis 1:26-27. Isaiah 44 is in the context of idols and gods, to whom the idolater attributed various aspects of the creation, thunder, lightning, fertility and other things. God rebukes these ideas and claims that He alone is the Creator. Also the principle here is as Julius Caesar stated, "I saw, I stooped, I conquered", what one does through others, he does by himself.
the NEW CREATION began with his death and then RESURRECTION, SO YOU'RE REPROVED THERE..
The new creation began with the birth of Jesus and was perfected in his character and resurrection Romans 1:1-4.
well lets put that mistake to bed, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
and it was this same one person, the Word, who is God, that "MADE ALL THINGS", see again Isaiah 44:24. so you're reproved there also.
I understand "The Word" to be a personification, similar to the Wise Woman, Wisdom who was with God in the creation.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

Psalm 8:1,3-4 (KJV): 1 O LORD (Yahweh) our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
First thanks for the reply, second, STOP, and think, the LORD, all caps is the "Lord?" are you beginning to see ... YOUR ... mistake now?
Psalm 8:5 speaks of the Angels, and is a summary of Genesis 1:26-27. Isaiah 44 is in the context of idols and gods, to whom the idolater attributed various aspects of the creation, thunder, lightning, fertility and other things. God rebukes these ideas and claims that He alone is the Creator. Also the principle here is as Julius Caesar stated, "I saw, I stooped, I conquered", what one does through others, he does by himself.
see, in your own statement, "God rebukes these ideas and claims that He alone is the Creator." now if he was alone when creating, then why add the angels in helping him. and Psalms 8, or anywhere speaks of no angels in summary of Genesis 1:26-27. did you not hear, Genesis 1:27? listen again, Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

TrevorL, TrevorL, my brother, do you know how many is "HIS", and "HE", is? they are single PERSON designations. there is no scripture in the bible that states that any angel helped God the LORD JESUS, the Ordinal First in making Man, as a matter of Fact, Jesus the Son clearly states that the Ordinal First, he, himself "THE FATHER" in the "ECHAD" made man. well don't you believe the Lord Jesus? and he cannot lie. he stated "God" made man, and he didn't say any angels helped him. now do you want to challenge this?
The new creation began with the birth of Jesus and was perfected in his character and resurrection Romans 1:1-4.
not to argue, but no testament, (the NEW CREATION), began without the death of the testator. Hebrews 9:16 "For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator." Hebrews 9:17 "For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth."

and as for Eoman 1-4, we suggest you read verse 4 there. hence the reason why he the LORD Jesus had to die the first death as a man.
I understand "The Word" to be a personification, similar to the Wise Woman, Wisdom who was with God in the creation.
WISDOM is the Lord Jesus, and not a WOMAN in nature, but in FUNCTION. listen, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."

now, is Christ a "WOMAN?" .... thank you.

PICJAG, 101G.

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
STOP, and think, the LORD, all caps is the "Lord?" are you beginning to see ... YOUR ... mistake now?
Not sure what your problem is here. The One God, Yahweh, God the Father has created the heaven and earth as Psalm 8 states. As such He is the Lord of heaven and earth as Jesus states in Matthew 11:25 when he quotes and alludes and expounds Psalm 8 and the new creation.
Psalms 8, or anywhere speaks of no angels in summary of Genesis 1:26-27
Yes, Psalm 8:5 is a summary of Genesis 1:26-27. Yahweh invited others to participate in the creation of man in Genesis 1:26, and the only beings that were present apart from the One God were the Angels.
WISDOM is the Lord Jesus, and not a WOMAN in nature, but in FUNCTION. listen, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."
Proverbs 8 personifies "wisdom", that is God the Father's wisdom, as a wise woman, and compares her to the evil woman. John 1:1 is a similar personification of God's plan and purpose that becomes focalised in the birth and development of Jesus, the only begotten Son of God, who was as a result of this development and birth and nurture was full of grace and truth. 1 Corinthians 1:24 is a different context to Proverbs 8.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

Not sure what your problem is here. The One God, Yahweh, God the Father has created the heaven and earth as Psalm 8 states. As such He is the Lord of heaven and earth as Jesus states in Matthew 11:25 when he quotes and alludes and expounds Psalm 8 and the new creation.
Acts 17:24 "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;"

is this not the Lord Jesus? supportive scripture, Revelation 4:10 "The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,"
Revelation 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

is this not the Lord Jesus? if not, who sits on the throne then?

PICJAG, 101G.

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
Acts 17:24 "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;"
is this not the Lord Jesus?
No, both Matthew 11:25 and Acts 17:24 are speaking about the One God, Yahweh, God the Father. Jesus is the Son of God.
Matthew 11:25-30 (KJV): 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Jesus is speaking to and about God his father.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

Greetings again 101G,

No, both Matthew 11:25 and Acts 17:24 are speaking about the One God, Yahweh, God the Father. Jesus is the Son of God.
Matthew 11:25-30 (KJV): 25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Jesus is speaking to and about God his father.

Kind regards
Trevor
Again we disagree, for John 1:3 is reconciled with Isaiah 44:24 and Revelation 4:11 as to the "ONLY" who made all things, now you can argue with me, but not the scriptures.

as for Matthews 11 & Acts 17:24 so you acknowledge that God is "Lord?" correct, for Acts 17:24 clearly states, "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;"

see TrevorL, God is LORD, and Lord, do you understand this? he's First and Last, he's Father and Son...... are you getting this? now listen closley to what the Lord Jesus said, and you know he cannot lie. John 3:13 "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven." while on earth in a G2758 κενόω kenoo state of Flesh and Blood, as a man, (the Son), this same ONE "JESUS" at the very same time is in Heaven, (Spirit), whom you calls the Father.

you cannot understand that, unless you know, and understand, "Diversified Oneness".

PICJAG, 101G.

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
as for Matthews 11 & Acts 17:24 so you acknowledge that God is "Lord?"
I have already drawn attention to Matthew 11:25-30 where Jesus is a distinct being from his father, God the Father. God the Father was in heaven and Jesus was upon the earth when Jesus spoke to his father in heaven and spoke about God the Father. Now Jesus clearly states that his father, that is the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is Lord of heaven and earth and this is a summary of Psalm 8:1,3 which clearly teaches that Yahweh created the heavens and the earth.

Another interesting feature of this passage is that it speaks of the transfer of the "all things" to Jesus.
Matthew 11:27 (KJV): All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Now this was anticipated in Psalm 8:
Psalm 8:4–6 (KJV): 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
Jesus has become the Lord, Master, Ruler over "the all things" because the One God, Yahweh, God the Father has given Jesus this responsibility and authority, and one aspect of this is that Jesus is destined to return and rule as Lord, or King / Priest upon the Throne of David, his father through Mary.
so you acknowledge that God is "Lord?" correct, for Acts 17:24 clearly states, "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;"
Yes, the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is Lord of heaven and earth. But please consider the whole passage and the distinction made between God and Jesus.
Acts 17:22–31 (KJV): 22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. 24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. 30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
see TrevorL, God is LORD, and Lord, do you understand this?
Yes, God is LORD (Hebrew Yahweh), and Lord, but in some contexts there is a distinction between Yahweh and David's and our Lord, Jesus Christ as for example in Psalm 110:1 and its NT quotations and expositions.
Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Acts 2:34–36 (KJV): 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Revelation 3:21 (KJV): To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

you cannot understand that, unless you know, and understand, "Diversified Oneness".
If you disagree with what I have explained, then possibly I cannot accept or understand "Oneness" or "Diversified Oneness". My understanding of this subject is explained in my thread "The Yahweh Name" and a reasonable understanding of this helps to understand some of the "difficult passages" used by Oneness and Trinitarian advocates.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

I have already drawn attention to Matthew 11:25-30 where Jesus is a distinct being from his father, God the Father. God the Father was in heaven and Jesus was upon the earth when Jesus spoke to his father in heaven and spoke about God the Father. Now Jesus clearly states that his father, that is the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is Lord of heaven and earth and this is a summary of Psalm 8:1,3 which clearly teaches that Yahweh created the heavens and the earth.
First thanks for the reply, second, let me asks you something, which may clear up this Father and Son thing. "How do you used the term "Father" and "Son, biologically, or metaphorically?". which one?

PICJAG, 101G.

TrevorL

Greetings again 101G,
let me asks you something, which may clear up this Father and Son thing. "How do you used the term "Father" and "Son, biologically, or metaphorically?". which one?
Metaphor: a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
Answer: The relationship is not a metaphor as it is biologically first as to conception / birth by means of the creative power of God the Father's power, The Holy Spirit Matthew 1:20-21, Luke 1:34-35, John 1:14, and this last reference merges into the fact that God the Father was the father of Jesus' character, Jesus was full of grace and truth, a beautiful summary of God's character and Name as revealed in Exodus 33:18, 34:5-7. God the Father was also the father of Jesus as God gave Jesus birth to immortality when he raised his body from the tomb and then changed his mortal body into an immortal body. These three aspects of the relationship between the two individuals, two beings, the full development of the Yahweh Name, "He will be", Yahweh developed into a Son, at unity but not One Being, Oneness?, and these three stages are central to the Gospel of Christ, and this is how I understand Romans 1:1-4.

Kind regards
Trevor

101G

Answer: The relationship is not a metaphor as it is biologically first as to conception / birth by means of the creative power of God the Father's power, The Holy Spirit
First thanks for the Reply, that's all I need to KNOW, thank you.

PICJAG, 101G.

cjab

Perhaps during the Millennium God will reverse the curse placed on the human race because of the building of the tower of Babel and restore the language people originally spoke.
That original language would be the language of Sumer.

"The Sumerian language is generally regarded as a language isolate in linguistics because it belongs to no known language family; Akkadian, by contrast, belongs to the Semitic branch of the Afroasiatic languages. There have been many failed attempts to connect Sumerian to other language families. It is an agglutinative language; in other words, morphemes ("units of meaning") are added together to create words, unlike analytic languages where morphemes are purely added together to create sentences." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumer#Language_and_writing)

So instead of saying "God is a trinity comprising God the Father, the Word and the HolySpirit" we could coin an agglutinative word such as, "God.is.Father.Word.HolySpirit" which we would then render in Sumerian cuneiform. Good luck with that. Perhaps one reason why God selected the Israelites is because they had a more advanced language system,