The Truth

pilgrim

Yep that is true, your institution was found centuries later and is not the real church. Jesus did not establish an institution that abused children and then lied about it. He would have empathy for the victims not the abusive priests. Has your institution laicised Risdale and the others?

The RCC does not have the gift of discernment.
And what do you say is the date and the name of the man who founded the Catholic Church?

pilgrim

View attachment 1083

I see that you are wearing the same glasses as you do when reading the Bible
That's just it, Leonard. I am not reading the Bible with my "own" glasses. I read the Bible with the mind of the Church (as it ought to be read), deferring to Its teachings since It is much older, wiser and promised by Scripture to be led to all Truth.

I am in the One Church - one faith, one Lord, and one baptism. One in number and in unity.

I am not in a church of "one" (myself/ individualism). That is where reading the Bible for oneself can lead to, if not adhering to established Church teaching.

Bonnie

That's just it, Leonard. I am not reading the Bible with my "own" glasses. I read the Bible with the mind of the Church (as it ought to be read), deferring to Its teachings since It is much older, wiser and promised by Scripture to be led to all Truth.

Reading with the mind or YOUR Church is NOT reading them with the mind of Christ, who said "In vain do they worship Me, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men."
I am in the One Church - one faith, one Lord, and one baptism. One in number and in unity.

So, is unity more important than truth?
I am not in a church of "one" (myself/ individualism). That is where reading the Bible for oneself can lead to, if not adhering to established Church teaching.
Some of your "established Church teachings" are wrong and found nowhere in the Bible, or even hinted at.

leonard03782

The Edict of Milan allowed all religions to be tolerated, not just Christianity.
Besides, his mother, St. Helena, was already Catholic. How could that be?
i will take that with a grain of salt. rc's believe that the Apostles were catholics

pilgrim

Reading with the mind or YOUR Church is NOT reading them with the mind of Christ, who said "In vain do they worship Me, teaching for doctrine the commandments of men."

Some of your "established Church teachings" are wrong and found nowhere in the Bible, or even hinted at.

Unity and Truth go together:

"22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17

So how does the splintering of Christianity into thousands of denominations (all of which are unbiblical), measure with Jesus prayer above that "they may be one"?

mica

Who teaches you to do that? the RCC does. Who teaches you that the RCC is His church? the RCC does.

Scripture teaches neither of those.

mica

"22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. John 17

So how does the splintering of Christianity into thousands of denominations (all of which are unbiblical), measure with Jesus prayer above that "they may be one"?
Christianity isn't splintered. It's united in Him. Others, who are united by the words of men, claim to be Christian but they aren't.

Claiming to be in and of Him is not the same as actually being in and of Him.

Catholicism is unbiblical. Catholics don't care that it is unbiblical, because they believe in and follow the RCC, not God.

pilgrim

Who teaches you to do that? the RCC does. Who teaches you that the RCC is His church? the RCC does.

Scripture teaches neither of those.
Simple logic tells me, mica.

The oldest church is necessarily the original, true Church. Can you logically prove that statement wrong?

leonard03782

This is how I view the rcc and its adherents.

2 Corinthians 6:14

Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Light-And-Darkness

pilgrim

Christianity isn't splintered. It's united in Him. Others, who are united by the words of men, claim to be Christian but they aren't.

Claiming to be in and of Him is not the same as actually being in and of Him.

Catholicism is unbiblical. Catholics don't care that it is unbiblical, because they believe in and follow the RCC, not God.
Now if that were true , there would be no difference in doctrine or practice, for all would be under the same overseers, as in Scripture.

leonard03782

Simple logic tells me, mica.

The oldest church is necessarily the original, true Church. Can you logically prove that statement wrong?
your brick and mortar church is not the oldest church. The true Church of Jesus Christ was established before your apostate knock off even thought about getting started.

pilgrim

Bonnie, where was the true Church before 1500AD?

balshan

Is laicised a nicer word for "defrocked"?

I remember years ago, reading in our church's newspaper, the Reporter, how a Lutheran minister in Illinois had been defrocked for molesting children in his congregation. He went to jail. This was the late 90's, or around 2000. It wasn't covered up.

At my parents' church, in 1985, the vicar who was in charge of teaching Catechism class to the children, was arrested for molesting the children. The whole congregation knew about it. The senior pastor didn't talk about it, since the children were underage, but it wasn't swept under the rug or ignored.
It is the word RCs like to call it. But I think they believe the blessings of ordination cannot be removed, I mean the indelible mark that priests receive.

Merriam Webster:

1. to reduce to lay status
2: to put under the direction of or open to the laity.

Risdale is in jail he did not get long enough for the crimes he committed. He is still a priest as far as I know and so are most of his fellow priests in prison.

balshan

There is your mistake, you should read it with the mind of CHRIST.