The twelve behind COVID misinformation

Bonnie

Yes, I do remember the thread. Thanks for sharing a portion of it again for reference.

( opening now...)

The web archive would not allow the video to be viewed. hmm...

Hmmm...I will look into it....I think you can get it here:

Hit where it says "post" in blue, on the right:

"The claim appeared in a video post" Oh, hey, this "post" link works. :)

Last edited:

inertia

Hmmm...I will look into it....I think you can get it here:

Hit where it says "post" in blue, on the right:

"The claim appeared in a video post" Oh, hey, this "post" link works. :)

Ahaa - got it.

Misinformation propagators have been around since Adam and Eve. What we read today from Science News, for example, began in 1921 with media magnate E.W. Scripps being appalled by the media's willingness to spread bad information without regard to reality. To confront the nonsense Scripps with a zoologist friend William Ritter founded a weekly independent news report called Science Service in 1922. It evolved into the Science News publication that we read today.

Over time the publication covered historic events such as:

- the discovery of insulin (1922)
- the Tennessee Scopes "monkey trial" (1925)
- the Bikini Atoll weapons tests (1946)
- the initial data showing climate change (1959)

(My initial understanding of climate change was in the early '80s.) Exxon has since admitted to the use of disinformation tactics.

Last edited:

Bonnie

Ahaa - got it.

Misinformation propagators have been around since Adam and Eve. What we read today from Science News, for example, began in 1921 with media magnate E.W. Scripps being appalled by the media's willingness to spread bad information without regard to reality. To confront the nonsense Scripps with a zoologist friend William Ritter founded a weekly independent news report called Science Service in 1922. It evolved into the Science News publication that we read today.

as well as the current pandemic.

Let me know what you think of the video, if you listen to any of it. In my initial post on it, I mentioned a couple of the wilder claims, with the time stamp. And I mean over-the-top WILD.

Bonnie

Ahaa - got it.

(My initial understanding of climate change was in the early '80s.) Exxon has since admitted to the use of disinformation tactics.

That is really bad about what the oil companies did. I wasn't sure about global warming until we went to Alaska 3 years ago. Now both of us are believers.

inertia

Let me know what you think of the video, if you listen to any of it. In my initial post on it, I mentioned a couple of the wilder claims, with the time stamp. And I mean over-the-top WILD.

the video disinformation:

- The vaccinated are spreading superstrains (they are a danger to society) and will "explode" and take each other out as a suicide cult
- The NBA supports Chinese bioweapons (that is ultra-wild)
- The nostril-only mask ( funny )
- Eating donuts and getting vaccinated will kill you faster
- Ian Smith (owner of an exercise facility) has more medical knowledge than "Fauci the fraud", the Surgeon General, all the CDC scientists,...

I could only grind through* the nonsense for 15 minutes.

* grind through: to move with difficulty or friction

inertia

That is really bad about what the oil companies did. I wasn't sure about global warming until we went to Alaska 3 years ago. Now both of us are believers.

Indeed, and Exxon is a good example of campaigns of disinformation.

From Scientific American:

"Exxon became a leader in campaigns of confusion. By 1989 the company had helped create the Global Climate Coalition* (disbanded in 2002) to question the scientific basis for concern about climate change. It also helped to prevent the U.S. from signing the international treaty on climate known as the Kyoto Protocol in 1998 to control greenhouse gases. Exxon’s tactic not only worked on the U.S. but also stopped other countries, such as China and India, from signing the treaty. At that point, “a lot of things unraveled,” Oreskes says."

Oreskes is a "history of science" professor at Harvard University

* Initiated in 1989 as a project under the auspices of the National Association of Manufacturers. ( Why doesn't this surprise me? )

Bonnie

the video disinformation:

- The vaccinated are spreading superstrains (they are a danger to society) and will "explode" and take each other out as a suicide cult
- The NBA supports Chinese bioweapons (that is ultra-wild)
- The nostril-only mask ( funny )
- Eating donuts and getting vaccinated will kill you faster
- Ian Smith (owner of an exercise facility) has more medical knowledge than "Fauci the fraud", the Surgeon General, all the CDC scientists,...

I could only grind through* the nonsense for 15 minutes.

* grind through: to move with difficulty or friction
I found this on that video as well:

Post no. 1603.

I tried to listen to some of it. It was pretty...wild...called vaccinated people who can sit together at sporting events "Vaxtards" and claimed the NBA supports Chinese organ harvesting. This was around the 3 minute:40 second mark and afterward...I relistened to it 3X to make sure I heard correctly.

At around the 1:00 mark, Adams said the vaccine was spiked with HCG, so black women getting the shot would not be able to have babies. I couldn't tell if he thought it was just in vaccines given to black women.

And people listen to this guy and use his website???

Last edited:

Whateverman

And people listen to this guy and use his website???
In all seriousness, there are lots of people today (more on the right than left) who establish the credibility of a news source by how much it agrees with what they already believe. I keep citing the following quote because it literally makes this point for me - explicitly:

There are no trustworthy sources unless they agree with your opinion.

Bonnie

Astrologers love it too. $$$

After all, it's in the reading of the stars. People have been exposing their deceptions for a very long time with good success.
...and psychics. Remember Psychic Friends that went out of business in the 90's, I think it was? I remember reading articles in newspapers and magazines, exposing them for the frauds they were.

vibise

inertia

...and psychics. Remember Psychic Friends that went out of business in the 90's, I think it was? I remember reading articles in newspapers and magazines, exposing them for the frauds they were.

It seems that Palm readers should be required to have a lot of climbing experience for their license. ;)

Palm Tree.JPG

On second thought, I could be wrong about this.

One would think that they must have a business plan. $$$

Last edited:

Bonnie

It seems that Palm readers should be required to have a lot of climbing experience for their license. ;)

View attachment 1529

On second thought, I could be wrong about this.

One would think that they must have a business plan. $$$

...and if they were REALLY psychic, then why didn't they know in advance that Psychic Friends would go out of business? :) But remember them? And all the expose' articles about them in newspapers and magazines? And on TV, if I remember correctly.

vibise

How was this sequence put together?

Was it taken from a diseased patient?

How is a human tested to see if they match this sequence?

How much computer simulation was involved in creating the sequence? (de novo assembly)

Thanks!
The methodology is identified in the link, as is done for all GenBank entries.

The sample was taken from a swab of a German patient, as also noted in the entry.

If you are suggesting that human genomes carry sequences related to covid, that is completely wrong. This 29kb viral sequence has no homolog in human genomes, thousands of which have been sequenced, and even small covid segments are not there. You can do such a search yourself using the BLAST programs in NCBI. I did such a search myself, using the first 1020 bases of this genome with this result:

Your search is limited to records that include: Homo sapiens (taxid:9606)
Job Title
Nucleotide Sequence
RIDG7WC7HZW013Search expires on 07-31 20:33 pm

Query IDlcl|Query_22753Description
None
Molecule typednaQuery Length1020Other reportsHelp

Filter Results​

Percent Identityfrom Percent Identityto
E valuefrom E valueto
Query Coveragefrom Query Coverageto
Filter Reset
No significant similarity found. For reasons why, click here

Computers are used routinely in science, and that should not surprise or alarm anyone. Matching up and aligning DNA segments can be done most efficiently, quickly and accurately by computer. This does not mean the computer is somehow making up the sequence. The sequencing machines we have cannot generate a 29kb sequence in a single run, so we produce overlapping segments that can be aligned to produce the final product.

Harry Leggs

The methodology is identified in the link, as is done for all GenBank entries.

The sample was taken from a swab of a German patient, as also noted in the entry.

If you are suggesting that human genomes carry sequences related to covid, that is completely wrong. This 29kb viral sequence has no homolog in human genomes, thousands of which have been sequenced, and even small covid segments are not there. You can do such a search yourself using the BLAST programs in NCBI. I did such a search myself, using the first 1020 bases of this genome with this result:

Computers are used routinely in science, and that should not surprise or alarm anyone. Matching up and aligning DNA segments can be done most efficiently, quickly and accurately by computer. This does not mean the computer is somehow making up the sequence. The sequencing machines we have cannot generate a 29kb sequence in a single run, so we produce overlapping segments that can be aligned to produce the final product.

China has made anal COVID-19 swabs mandatory for all foreign travelers arriving in the country, a report said Wednesday.
The government has claimed that such tests provide a higher degree of accuracy than other screening methods for the virus, the Times UK reported.

As part of the new travel requirement, there will be testing hubs in Beijing and Shanghai airports, the outlet reported.

Li Tongzeng, a respiratory disease medic, said the anal swabs are better because virus traces stay in fecal samples longer than they do in the nose or throat, state media reported.
--------------------------
So are they keeping track of how many vaccinated persons are now dead? Vaccinated and dead anyway?

EDIT--LINK VIOLATION

EDITED--image violation--poster is not a Super Member

Last edited by a moderator:

inertia

Refreshing. The first amendment in action. The government can't touch this.

"Propaganda is communication that is primarily used to influence an audience and further an agenda, which may not be objective and may be selectively presenting facts to encourage a particular synthesis or perception, or using loaded language to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information that is being presented" (Wikipedia quoting the Encyclopedia Britannica)

Scientific journals, on the other hand, prefer to employ mathematics, observations, calibrated measurements, with peer-review before publication.

Manuscript Submission.jpg

inertia

...and if they were REALLY psychic, then why didn't they know in advance that Psychic Friends would go out of business? :) But remember them? And all the expose' articles about them in newspapers and magazines? And on TV, if I remember correctly.

Good rhetorical questions

What's also notable is that the bible condemns psychics and many other practices such as palm reading, fortune-telling, and dishonest scales.

"...
the VAERS website prominently notes the reports do not imply causality and that any event could have happened by coincidence. The number of deaths reported after a COVID-19 vaccination as of 24 May—4863—represents just 0.0017% of more than 285 million doses of vaccine given, the agency notes in a continuously updated statement.

But experts who track vaccine misinformation worry the imprimatur of VAERS gives misleading claims a sheen of credibility. “At the moment when we need to persuade people, there is something so incredibly compelling about a database that’s tracking what are designated as ‘adverse events,’” Carusone says. “That Tucker segment has created this catalyst for all sorts of analysis of the database,” including false claims that the vaccines kill babies and that CDC is hiding VAERS reports."

Quote: Science

Last edited:

Steven Avery

Did they purify to a particle that could transmit illness?

Do you believe that conjectured particle actually hijacks cell replication and bursts cells?

Last edited:

Harry Leggs

Searching...

This applied research was originally published by the Journal "American Society for Microbiology". Similar to Nature, this journal rigorously applies peer-review with working scientists globally.

(ASM Journals publish 26% of all microbiology articles and contribute 44% of all microbiology citations as of 2018.)

Here is the URL: https://journals.asm.org/doi/full/10.1128/MRA.00520-20

1. June 7, 2021: CDC admits they have no record of any “COV - 2 or 19 virus” purified from any patient sample via maceration, filtration and use of an ultracentrifuge, by anyone, anywhere, ever:

vibise

China has made anal COVID-19 swabs mandatory for all foreign travelers arriving in the country, a report said Wednesday.
The government has claimed that such tests provide a higher degree of accuracy than other screening methods for the virus, the Times UK reported.

As part of the new travel requirement, there will be testing hubs in Beijing and Shanghai airports, the outlet reported.

Li Tongzeng, a respiratory disease medic, said the anal swabs are better because virus traces stay in fecal samples longer than they do in the nose or throat, state media reported.
--------------------------
So are they keeping track of how many vaccinated persons are now dead? Vaccinated and dead anyway?

Over a dozen vaccinated doctors dead as Indonesia's virus cases surge - YouTube

View attachment 1531
What does this have to do with my comment on how the covid genomic sequence was assembled? Nothing.