The twelve behind COVID misinformation

Authentic Nouveau

This country has allowed all kinds of crazy, deadly, barbaric and perverted things to be said and done, daily.

I don't even understand why it is brought up as a serious question.

Free Speech is exactly that.

And so should be Free Science.

Whether I agree with flat earthers and vaccine skeptics is irrelevant.

I don't want to live in this world where people are silenced.
Selling to gullables is a multi billion dollar industry. The stop-N-Robs offer 50 assorted "energy" drinks and hydration cans.
The health clubs has supplement shops. The jab is peddled like Red Bull. Hot and humid, people move indoors with A/C and miss their nature's vitamin D and share pathogens.

Authentic Nouveau

What on earth is "free science"?
Science that is not supportable by data is not science.
Science that is supported by cherry-picked data is not science.
Science that is supported by religious texts is not science.

Claims that are unsupportable are simply ignored by science.
So why do you defy science and support abortion of human babies?

vibise

This is all part of cancel culture. I do not see any documented example of primary source (excluding hearsay) misinformation from Robert Kennedy, for example. On the other hand there has been plenty of misinformation from the pro-vaccine camp and cancel culture tactics. This is more all the same. An early example is the rejection of lab origins by Taliban-type cancel culture activists. The overblown death count from C-19. Also overreliance on questionable tests to determine C-19 infections including majority of positive results from people with little to no symptoms.

It is not the way science works where opposing viewpoints are debated and cross-examined. I do not see any misinformation here. For example. If you want your shot then take it and leave the rest of us alone with your nonsense and cherry picks.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. launches challenge against COVID vaccines’ emergency use authorization – Plandemic CONvid-19 News Info

By contrast, recent VAERS reports include the deaths of several children following COVID vaccination.” “There is one reported death in a 15-year-old after receiving the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine, and another reported death of a 15-year-old after receiving a Moderna vaccine. Each child must have been enrolled in a clinical trial, since their ages would have precluded them getting the vaccine legally under the EUA.”

“There were only about 1,000 children in the 12-15-year age group in the vaccine arm of Pfizer’s trial and probably about the same number in the vaccine arm of Moderna’s trial. Thus, the death rate following either vaccination in this age group, assuming these children were trial enrollees, is approximately 2 in 2,000 or 0.1 percent.” “Available evidence,” therefore, “strongly suggests that the vaccine is much more dangerous to children than the disease,” CHD concluded.
----------------------------------
He is citing VAERS so there is no misinformation here. Simply information the pro vaccine Taliban crowd does not want people to know.

Kennedy has long been a purveyor of misinformation on vaccination. He was one of the earliest and loudest proponents of the false link between vaccination and autism. He should have no place in any public discussion of public health and safety.

Science rejects unfounded claims, like the vaccine/autism link, and the claim that the covid-19 virus escaped from the Wuhan lab remains an unfounded, although plausible claim.

When scientific data overwhelmingly supports a particular conclusion, the alternative views are dismissed and largely ignored, unless and until new data is developed that requires a re-evaluation be done.

The bottom line is that the covid vaccines are highly effective and safe, although like any other drug or vaccine, there will be some who experience negative consequences.

inertia

Words on paper....

...words (on paper) that have kept this country intact since 1776. July fourth is a lot of fun.

Proving "actual malice" is exceedingly difficult. ( But sir, we never "knowingly" hurt anyone. )

Cough Syrup.JPG

inertia

Just remember; that shoe fits both sides

Are we looking for truth or to those Moses said to avoid

#2:
Malachi 4:4
Remember ye the law of Moses my servant,
which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,

with the statutes and judgments.

What did Moses say to do when things of this sort come into the camp ???

you will find the answer in Numbers ch 19

who do you trust Big Pharma or The Father of us all ????????

Apparently, social distancing is an effective and ancient method.

"But the man who is unclean and does not purify himself, that person must be cut off from among the community, because he has polluted the sanctuary of the LORD; the water of purification was not sprinkled on him, so he is unclean." (Numbers 19:20)

inertia

Right.

So exposure by the intertia should do the trick.

No tricks, just discussion. :)

From peer-reviewed published research in Nature:

How misinformation differentially impacts sociodemographic groups

"There has been widely circulating false information about the pandemic on social media platforms, such as that 5G mobile networks are linked with the virus, that vaccine trial participants have died after taking a candidate COVID-19 vaccine, and that the pandemic is a conspiracy or a bioweapon 21,22,23. Such information can build on pre-existing fears, seeding doubt and cynicism over new vaccines, and threatens to limit public uptake of COVID-19 vaccines."

In the discussion section:

"Higher proportions of individuals in both countries would ‘definitely’ vaccinate to protect family, friends and at-risk groups, suggesting that effective altruistic messaging may be required to boost uptake. However, we also show that exposure to misinformation lowers individuals’ intent to vaccinate to protect themselves and lowers their altruistic intent to vaccinate to protect others, which could complicate messaging campaigns focusing on altruistic behaviours. Campaigns may also have to compete with misinformation purporting to be based in science or medicine, which appears to be particularly damaging to vaccination intentions.

These findings are, however, unlikely to be representative of the effect of misinformation on uptake rates in real-world social media settings."

Gus Bovona

This country was founded on liberty and freedom, not safety.
It was founded on liberty, freedom, and safety:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
All those bolded phrases (my bolding) have everything to do with safety.

You can see that liberty is in there, too. That means we have to balance the two, and there's no magic formula on how to do that. But you can't take safety completely off the table. That's not America.

Gus Bovona

Just remember; that shoe fits both sides
As a lifelong liberal, I'm happy to say that you are completely right. The left has its share of denying science (how many sexes are there?). But right now, it's vastly more people on the right on vastly more important topics, like
  • denying science (climate change, the pandemic, etc.)
  • accepting conspiratorial thinking (pizza-eating pedophiles are running the world)
  • questioning whether the 2020 election was valid
than those on the left with denying the science of whether there are two sexes, etc.

The left has its share of nuttery, but the right's buttery is *really* harmful right now. Climate change in and of itself seals that deal.

rossum

It was founded on liberty, freedom, and safety:

All those bolded phrases (my bolding) have everything to do with safety.

You can see that liberty is in there, too. That means we have to balance the two, and there's no magic formula on how to do that. But you can't take safety completely off the table. That's not America.
There is also the wording in the Declaration of Independence: "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

You will note that "Life" is placed before "Liberty". If you are not alive than liberty is moot.

inertia

This is all part of cancel culture. I do not see any documented example of primary source (excluding hearsay) misinformation from Robert Kennedy, for example. On the other hand there has been plenty of misinformation from the pro-vaccine camp and cancel culture tactics. This is more all the same. An early example is the rejection of lab origins by Taliban-type cancel culture activists. The overblown death count from C-19. Also overreliance on questionable tests to determine C-19 infections including majority of positive results from people with little to no symptoms.

It is not the way science works where opposing viewpoints are debated and cross-examined. I do not see any misinformation here. For example. If you want your shot then take it and leave the rest of us alone with your nonsense and cherry picks.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. launches challenge against COVID vaccines’ emergency use authorization – Plandemic CONvid-19 News Info

By contrast, recent VAERS reports include the deaths of several children following COVID vaccination.” “There is one reported death in a 15-year-old after receiving the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine, and another reported death of a 15-year-old after receiving a Moderna vaccine. Each child must have been enrolled in a clinical trial, since their ages would have precluded them getting the vaccine legally under the EUA.”

“There were only about 1,000 children in the 12-15-year age group in the vaccine arm of Pfizer’s trial and probably about the same number in the vaccine arm of Moderna’s trial. Thus, the death rate following either vaccination in this age group, assuming these children were trial enrollees, is approximately 2 in 2,000 or 0.1 percent.” “Available evidence,” therefore, “strongly suggests that the vaccine is much more dangerous to children than the disease,” CHD concluded.
----------------------------------
He is citing VAERS so there is no misinformation here. Simply information the pro vaccine Taliban crowd does not want people to know.

Deception is a tactic of cancel culture.

What is factual concerning vaccines is that "Kennedy made his name in the anti-vaccine movement in 2005, when he published a story alleging a massive conspiracy regarding thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative that had been removed from all childhood vaccines except for some variations of the flu vaccine in 2001. In his piece, Kennedy completely ignored an Institute of Medicine immunization safety review on thimerosal published the previous year; he’s also ignored the nine studies funded or conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that have taken place since 2003.

rossum

The left has its share of denying science (how many sexes are there?).
In purely scientific/genetic terms, five that I can think of: XX, XY, XXY, XYY and XX/XY chimeras, though the first two are much more common than the last three. I am not an expert, so there may be more variants observed. :)

Gus Bovona

In purely scientific/genetic terms, five that I can think of: XX, XY, XXY, XYY and XX/XY chimeras, though the first two are much more common than the last three. I am not an expert, so there may be more variants observed. :)
My phrasing was not precise. There are two sexes in the sense that there are only two types of gametes that sexually reproducing organisms produce: the female kind, fewer in number and bigger, and the male kind, smaller and more numerous. Even if an organism has some sort of mutation and doesn't produce gametes, that is not a third sex, nor something intermediate between the two sexes.

inertia

1. Joseph Mercola
  2. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
  3. Ty and Charlene Bollinger
  4. Sherri Tenpenny
  5. Rizza Islam
  6. Rashid Buttar
  7. Erin Elizabeth
  8. Sayer Ji
  9. Kelly Brogan
  10. Christiane Northrup
  11. Ben Tapper
  12. Kevin Jenkins

Number six on the list:

Rashid Buttar - acknowledged for the promotion and use of pseudoscientific chelation therapy for a variety of conditions, among other things autism and cancer