The twelve behind COVID misinformation

inertia

So the U.S. republic was against God's will?
We are to have rulers rather than a representative government?

"From one man he made every nation of the human race to inhabit the entire earth, determining their set times and the fixed limits of the places where they would live, so that they would search for God and perhaps grope around for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." (Acts 17:26-27, NET)

inertia

So when you vote are you voting for rulers who'll impose rules you agree with?
Is this a libertarian position?
And your opinion there's nothing wrong with government confiscating people's money and distributing it to business/industry- a libertarian position?

You are correct, I switched from the Republican party to the libertarian party (lower case ell ) after Trump reached favored status by the GOP.
A lot like Ronald Reagan, libertarians believe in a smaller federal government, smaller taxes, and increased individual liberty. We cannot be the police of the world but a very strong defense is worth every penny. ( I believe their position in sex work is wrong. Apparently, people in Nevada disagree. )

You know this. In a representative democracy, citizens vote for their leaders to represent themselves. In Congress, I want to impose term limits on their seats of power.

Bonnie

293 cells are used for testing purposes. They are not present in the vaccine, nor are there ingredients from animal tissue in vaccines.

Modern vaccines are not mystery brews. If you have questions about something on a label, look it up. Do you also analyze the labels on all of the foods you eat?

Priming the immune system against a possible pathogen is a time-tested method of disease prevention. This has helped neutralize serious diseases like polio, measles and smallpox among others. If you are arguing against any and all vaccines, then you represent a tiny sector of society.

Mengele produced nothing good for science.

I do run a lab. I understand that anonymous posters exaggerate their credentials, but I don't. I have actually met posters in person in the past, identifying myself in the process.

And again, if you think the entirety of biomedical science is a scam, then you should stop using any and all of it. Put your money where your mouth is, or modify your argument.
"What is wrong with healthy immune sysyems"? the other posters ask...well, nothing, but even the healthiest immune system can be KO'd after encountering a virus it has never encountered before...I have saved a few stories of younger, very healthy and health-conscious adults who were blindsided by the disease...one is still struggling to get over debilitating long covid; another recently got a double lung transplant since the virus destroyed his lungs; and another...died. All three were very conscientious about their health, but they still caught this wretched disease. With healthy immune systems comes more of a possibility of cytokene storms. Vaccines help to prevent that.

Last edited:

Bonnie

What? The context was about exaggeration.

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/

exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally

Misinformation, on the other hand, causes division where none should exist.

View attachment 1671

Love it!! Where DO you FIND these cartoons on the 'net'??

Here is the AJC's own political cartoonist on vaccine disinformation:

Last edited:

Bonnie

Key take away:

" COVID-19 RNA vaccines are highly effective at preventing illness and death. There is evidence indicating that spike protein during infection can lead to damage, but this isn’t representative of the situation in vaccination. The level of spike protein generated through COVID-19 vaccination is much lower than the levels associated with damage during infection. The evidence so far doesn’t show that COVID-19 vaccination leads to a higher risk of adverse events during pregnancy or affects fertility. "

This is very true. In the 3rd phase of the trials, with Moderna, there were 23 pregnancies, with 2 miscarriages--BOTH in the placebo group. With the 3rd phase of Pfizer, there were 11 pregnancies, with 2 miscarriages--again, in the placebo group. Or maybe it was the reverse. I put down on here the article this came from. I don't know where it is on here, now. I can find it again, if need be.

Authentic Nouveau

"From one man he made every nation of the human race to inhabit the entire earth, determining their set times and the fixed limits of the places where they would live, so that they would search for God and perhaps grope around for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us." (Acts 17:26-27, NET)

Ironic to see Pharisees quote /cherry pick scripture and claim God got it wrong with the flood of Noah.

Notice the Darweenies do not quote

Matthew 19:4​

“And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,”

No evolution, no 3 billion years after the beginning.

Authentic Nouveau

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/

So who are the dishonest people that double down and claim Michael Mannn was telling the truth about winning the Nobel Peace Prize?

Pure falsehood.

unbound

Ironic to see Pharisees quote /cherry pick scripture and claim God got it wrong with the flood of Noah.

Notice the Darweenies do not quote

Matthew 19:4​

“And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,”

No evolution, no 3 billion years after the beginning.
MOM.

Bonnie

So who are the dishonest people that double down and claim Michael Mannn was telling the truth about winning the Nobel Peace Prize?

Not really false, he won jointly with others in the IPCC:

The IPCC presented Mann, along with all other "scientists that had contributed substantially to the preparation of IPCC reports", with a personalized certificate "for contributing to the award of the Nobel Peace Prize for 2007 to the IPCC", celebrating the joint award of the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize to the IPCC and to Al Gore.[87][88][89]

(from Wikipedia on Michael Manning)
Pure falsehood.
But it IS PURE FALSEHOOD that I am a left-winger, a Marxist, and that I think getting WEBMD in my inbox every day makes me a medical expert...but that doesn't stop some from flinging those accusations against me.

Pure falsehoods.

Last edited:

Carol

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/

Misinformation, on the other hand, causes division where none should exist.

View attachment 1671

No one is always right.

You've accused people of being charlatans. How do you know they don't believe what they say?

Carol

You are correct, I switched from the Republican party to the libertarian party (lower case ell ) after Trump reached favored status by the GOP.
A lot like Ronald Reagan, libertarians believe in a smaller federal government, smaller taxes, and increased individual liberty. We cannot be the police of the world but a very strong defense is worth every penny. ( I believe their position in sex work is wrong. Apparently, people in Nevada disagree. )

You know this. In a representative democracy, citizens vote for their leaders to represent themselves. In Congress, I want to impose term limits on their seats of power.

While you tell me to be subject to these "authorities"....

I think I've had about enough of this "discussion".

vibise

No one is always right.

You've accused people of being charlatans. How do you know they don't believe what they say?
“it is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair.

Those charlatans make a bucket of money spewing their nonsense, and they certainly sound convincing to many.

Bonnie

Sometimes I find them in online magazines, news articles, memes from friends, and even complete strangers that share similar interests.

Ah! I googled "political cartoons" and found the ones by the AJC's political cartoonist and posted one here.

Bonnie

“it is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair.

Those charlatans make a bucket of money spewing their nonsense, and they certainly sound convincing to many.
A person can believe what he says, but still be a charlatan, however unwittingly.